Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #46
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
1. Walk around and explore... and take pics too
2. Swim
3. Maybe head over to DTD for a bit
These sound great. But how are the temps for swimming? Is it warm enough?

I remember when we went for Thanksgiving, the temps dropped for 3 days we were there. We froze are little you-know-whats off because we so wanted to say we went in the pool when everyone was freezing up in Jersey.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #47
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Along with these, I'd suggest a nice character meal at a resort to get everyne in the Disney Spirit (i.e. Chef Mickey's) or do a Disney dinner show, or head to Fort Wilderness and participate in the Campfire Activity they do there? I think they also do hayrides? Just a few suggestions.
OOOHHHH Renee you have peaked my interest! What is Campfire Activity all about? And the hayrides, how much are they???

Princess Ariel and Stitch would just LOVE that!!!!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #48
ChrisLei

Hi Everyone!

Hope all is well in DIS land!

Our family is a Disney family, so we tend to find any activity in which we can get our Disney fix.

During the summer months we got to the beach and attend thier weekly Radio Disney concerts. The kids have loads of fun and Princess ArieL adores dancing her heart out and participating in thier Q & A and contests.

Yesterday was to be the first week of the Radio Disney activities. And unfortunately it was cancelled due to weather! We were so bummed!

So how do we make up for it??? We go to the Disney store of course! And lucky thing we did! We ended up finding some great tshirts for our upcoming trip!

And the best part? They cost only $2.99 each! WOOHOO! Into our Disney box they go!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #49
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

love the shirts!! I got DD the mini tiki kingdom one too for our trip...
Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #50
ChrisLei

Quote:
love the shirts!! I got DD the mini tiki kingdom one too for our trip...
They were an awesome buy! Glad you got in on it too. I love when I go and find a deal!

I want to go back but sans the kiddies so I can get them some goodies to give them throughout the trip. There were some cute princess plush dolls for $5 Adorable!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #51
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
OOOHHHH Renee you have peaked my interest! What is Campfire Activity all about? And the hayrides, how much are they???

Princess Ariel and Stitch would just LOVE that!!!!
Here's what www.allearsnet.com has to say:

When does the campfire program begin and what is it like?

The campfire program is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

Oh and they do hayrides, also:

Do they offer horseback rides at Fort Wilderness?

Guided horseback rides are offered 6 times daily (8:30, 10, 11:30 a.m., 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m.) at the Tri-Circle D Livery at Fort Wilderness. The rides, which cost $42 per person, last approximately 45 minutes. Riders must be at least 9 years old and 48 inches tall and can weigh no more than 250 pounds. The horses are tame and walk pretty much single file during the ride. If you're an experienced rider, this ride may be too dull for you. If you've not had an opportunity to ride a horse before or have done so rarely, this ride may be just what you're looking for. To make reservations, call (407) 824-2832 -- reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. It is strongly suggested that you wear long pants and that you do not wear open-toed or heeled shoes. To get to the Tri-Circle D Livery, you can drive to and park in the Fort Wilderness Visitor parking lot and walk; board the bus at the TTC and take it to the Outpost Depot bus stop; take the Fort Wilderness boat from the marina at the Magic Kingdom to the Fort Wilderness marina and then walk to the Settlement Depot bus stop where you'd then board the bus to the Outpost Depot.

And here is the link for the info on the hayrides:

http://allearsnet.com/btp/carriage.htm

Hope that helps!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 07-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #52
ChrisLei

Wow Renee, I had no clue they did any of these activities! Thanks so much for the information. I am going to see if we can schedule in the campfire activity for us.

I know Princess ArieL would LOVE the Halloween Hayride, but I don't think Stitch would be too keen on the idea especially since they will be retelling the legend of Sleepy Hollow. He is my Fraidy Cat! LOL

Thanks again for the info!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #53
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
Thanks again for the info!
No problem! Glad I could help.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 07-14-2007, 12:25 AM   #54
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Tink,

Oooh! I wanna play! I wanna play!

1. What was your first Disney experience?

In 2003 we took our DD(7) and DS(5) to WDW for the first time! I cried when I saw the Castle for the first time; I had always wanted to go to WDW as a child but we had six kids in our family and my parents just couldn't swing it. So, I was not only fufilling my own childhood dream, but the dreams of my own children at the same time! I became completely smitten and we've been back each year ever since!

2. How did you learn about the Disboards?

I read about it in PassPorter: WDW Resort. I had always been computer illiterate and was afraid to go online. Nothing other than my love of WDW and the thirst for more trip planning info could have forced me to learn how to use a pc!

3. Top Three Non-Park Activities for Arrival Day:

*Explore the resort and go swimming. (We swam last November, temps were in the high 70s and all the pools are heated.)
*Go to Downtown Disney to eat /shop.
*Rent surrey bikes and ride around the resort. (We have not done this yet, but I would really like to...they look like such fun!)

The BBB is so awesome, especially for "girly-girls"!! I'm so sorry they didn't have it when my DD was younger, but even at age 10 she really enjoyed all the pampering (and the tiara!) The costumes there are quite expensive, so you may want to recycle one of your DDs Disney Store dresses....that's what my sister will be doing with her little girls this November.

(That's right! We're going in November, too! 11/3 - 11/11!)

Oh, and you may not want to spend the extra $$ on the package with the press-on nails unless ArieL is totally into it. I've read that they don't stay on very well.

Really excited for you...

Kathy
Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #55
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oooh! I wanna play! I wanna play!

1. What was your first Disney experience?

In 2003 we took our DD(7) and DS(5) to WDW for the first time! I cried when I saw the Castle for the first time; I had always wanted to go to WDW as a child but we had six kids in our family and my parents just couldn't swing it. So, I was not only fufilling my own childhood dream, but the dreams of my own children at the same time! I became completely smitten and we've been back each year ever since!

2. How did you learn about the Disboards?

I read about it in PassPorter: WDW Resort. I had always been computer illiterate and was afraid to go online. Nothing other than my love of WDW and the thirst for more trip planning info could have forced me to learn how to use a pc!

3. Top Three Non-Park Activities for Arrival Day:

*Explore the resort and go swimming. (We swam last November, temps were in the high 70s and all the pools are heated.)
*Go to Downtown Disney to eat /shop.
*Rent surrey bikes and ride around the resort. (We have not done this yet, but I would really like to...they look like such fun!)

The BBB is so awesome, especially for "girly-girls"!! I'm so sorry they didn't have it when my DD was younger, but even at age 10 she really enjoyed all the pampering (and the tiara!) The costumes there are quite expensive, so you may want to recycle one of your DDs Disney Store dresses....that's what my sister will be doing with her little girls this November.

(That's right! We're going in November, too! 11/3 - 11/11!)

Oh, and you may not want to spend the extra $$ on the package with the press-on nails unless ArieL is totally into it. I've read that they don't stay on very well.

Really excited for you...

Kathy
Awwwww, I love that you and the children experienced Disney for the first
time together! That is a wonderful memory to share!

I know this is going to be quite the surprise, but here goes.....I have never read or seen the Passporter ! I know! TRAGIC! I have heard so much about it that now I want one!

Now that is a great idea! Renting a Surrey Bike! I bet my two would love that! Now of course DH and I would be doing all the pedaling since Stitch is so tiny he wont reach the pedals, and Princess ArieL....well, it would be too un-princessy like to do, LOL!!! I will have to check that out, I LOVE that idea!

I am looking forward to the BBB just as much as Princess ArieL. We love all things Girly! I had read about how incredibly expensive the costumes are, so we got her a brand new Ariel costume off EBAY for a fraction of the cost. All we need is the tiara, but since she gest that during the makeover, I opted not to buy one.

You get there November 3rd! Awesome! I have to go check out your report and see what you are doing arrival day! How cool would it be to be able to meet a fellow DISer! LOL

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #56
ChrisLei

Lucky Thing for Princess ArieL's Daily Scan of the Calendar, We Got Our Dining Reservations!!

I must say, I am forever thankful for Princess ArieL's routine of looking at my kitchen calendar and letting me know what was on the agenda for the day. For if it wasn't for her, we probably wouldn't have gotten the dining ressies we did!

So much was going on in May when our 180 day dining reservation window opened up. I was in the middle of planning Princess ArieL's 1st Communion Luncheon which hit a MAJOR speed bump!

We decided that since most of our guests live 90 miles away, we would rent a hall and have a all day shin-ding. A lunch at a restaurant would be way too short. We rented a VFW location that we had used on 3 prior occasions. (Princess ArieL's 5th Birthday Princess Gala, Stitch's Christening Luncheon and his 1st Birthday Bash). The hall was a perfect size for the 40 guests we were expecting.

Now I should say that after the first time we rented the place, we would just put in a call, tell them the date we wanted, and secure our date. So for this event we did the same. However, a couple of months prior, I had this little uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach that said "Hey Tink, go check out the hall".

I called to make an appointment to see the locale. I arrived promptly at 6pm to find the place was still closed. I called the number on the door and was told that the bartender for the bar downstairs was out sick. No Prob. I rescheduled. But this happened again...twice!

I am now starting to panic. I have to see the hall especially since that feeling in my stomach has now escalated to a shrill cry in my head! Prince Charming tries his best to put my mind at ease. "You are a master decorator. Besides we have rented this place 3 times before, what can be so different?"

ALOT!!!!

My mom had arrived from FL the night before and she helped me pack up the van with all the decorations and items we would need for transforming the hall into an elegant garden themed Communion party.

When we arrived at the hall it was closed. NO WAY!!!! Now I am starting to fume! 5 minutes later the bartender arrives and opens the door to the hall for us. Lets just say, I would have been happier had he never arrived!

I walked in to find total chaos! It seems that since the last time I rented to hall, they had purchased a wall to wall length shuffle board AND not 1 but 2 pool tables! Where was I to set up the tables??? And there was no way you can move these montrosities! Add to that, the hall was FILTHY!!!! Remnants of the food crumbs from the last party to rent the hall was all over the floor. Sticky areas of where soda was spilled were caked on the floor as well. And the bathrooms were horrendous.

My OCD and panic attack kicked in! What was I going to do! One of the most important days in Princess ArieL's life can not be celebrated in these conditions!

Mom and Prince Charming saw the tears start flowing and stopped in thier tracks. I looked at them and stated "The party will be in our house, there is no way I am paying for this! They need to pay US to clean this filth."

So we went home and kicked into high gear! We emptied one of the rooms in no time flat. Went to Costco and purchased tables and chairs, then came home and transformed the room into "the hall". Of course I then spent the rest of the evening calling all our guests and telling them that the location has been moved.

In the middle of all this, Princess ArieL, comes over to me and says "Mom, your calendar says Disney Dining Reservations. What does that mean?"

OMG!!! In all the stress induced madness I forgot about calling Disney Dining. I was about to cry! I immediately picked up the phone and called.

Lucky for us, we got what we wanted!

October 31- Chef Mickeys (will be changed to Wolfgang Puck when the 60 day window opens)
November 1st- Princess Storybook Breakfast
November 2nd- Chef De France
November 3rd- Crystal Palace Breakfast
Kona Cafe Dinner

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 07-17-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #57
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Glad you got the ADRs you wanted!!

Kathy
Old 07-16-2007, 01:26 AM   #58
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

wow... what a mess... I would have been in tears too....

Good thing she reminded you... glad to hear you got all your ADR's

Tanya
Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #59
ChrisLei

Quote:
wow... what a mess... I would have been in tears too....

Good thing she reminded you... glad to hear you got all your ADR's

Tanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Out of the mouths of babes.....

Glad you got the ADRs you wanted!!

Kathy
Thanks!

She is a lifesaver. We would've been so bummed if we didn't get the Princess Breakfast. It is the one ADR she and I are looking forward to!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #60
ChrisLei

Monday Question of the Week

I love finding out tips, suggestions, and enlightening moments of fellow DIS buddies! So I will start posting a Disney related question for my fellow buddies to answer as a fun way to get to know a little more about what makes Disney Exciting for us all. Here goes!

If the Genie were to ask you what one Disney snack you would like at this very moment, what would it be?

For me, it would definitely be a Dole Whip Float! YUMMMMMMMO!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: