Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM   #31
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
I love that countdown Idea.... I hate the thought of the chain too... we did it last year but since I didn't want to string it around the house we'd forget because it wasn't constantly visible..

Loving your report so far!!
Thanks so much for reading Tanya! The kids are having a blast with the countdown keeper. Each morning one of them runs down to be the first to switch it to the next number. Princess ArieL can't wait till it gets to the double digits.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #32
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

The countdown calendar is great - I like it because it is small (ha ha) I want to do something for my dd as well but probably will wait until 50 days out or so.. right now she doesn't even know we are going yet!! I really want to tell her but then I don't want her asking about it non-stop either... How has it been with your kiddos as far as how far in advance you tell them?

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2007, 04:47 AM   #33
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
The countdown calendar is great - I like it because it is small (ha ha) I want to do something for my dd as well but probably will wait until 50 days out or so.. right now she doesn't even know we are going yet!! I really want to tell her but then I don't want her asking about it non-stop either... How has it been with your kiddos as far as how far in advance you tell them?
Thanks Kellye!

I think it is a great idea to wait to start your counter till after you tell DD. I am sure it will be a great hit though!

In my house the counter helps to curb the "When are we Going?? When are we Going?" Since they know that they have to wait till it says 1 and then they leave to Disney. Princess ArieL knows exactly when she goes. For Stitch leaving on Halloween helps him grasp the concept. So he knows it is summer right now, so he has to wait till after school starts again.

How old is your DD?

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 AM   #34
ChrisLei

A Treat For Princess ArieL

Our Princess ArieL is the epitome of a girly girl. She loves playing dress up, loves dresses, loves dancing, anything princess, and loves all things to do with hair and makeup.

I suppose that is the reason why she loves dance recitals so much and Halloween!

She recently told us that she has her 9th birthday planned out. She'd like to go to Libby Lu. (For those unfamiliar with this place, it is a chain store that does hair and make up on little girls).

They do hairstyles and make up and stuff...but I have one problem with it. It is a really really tiny store. There is no room to even take nice pictures. You'd definitely be taking extreme close-ups. And when you are an avid scrapbooker like myself. Well, this poses a problem.

So when we started planning what will we do on Day 1 of our trip, I started browsing the online map of DTD. And then I saw the pics of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

Tink: Princess ArieL, quick! Come here a second!

Princess ArieL: (skips over) Yes Mommy?

Tink: OMG! Look at this!

Princess ArieL: Wow! I love the crown! That place looks really princessy!

Tink: Isn't that cool? Just like Libby Lu!

Princess ArieL: That isn't Libby Lu?

Tink: No, this is at Disney. It's called Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

Princess ArieL: (face lights up) Wow Mom! I really want to do that! That is sooo much prettier than Libby Lu!

Tink: That or Libby Lu?

Princess ArieL: Definitely Disney Princess mommy! Can I please?

Tink: Of course!

Mission Accomplished! We are going to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on Day 1! Halloween!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #35
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In my house the counter helps to curb the "When are we Going?? When are we Going?" Since they know that they have to wait till it says 1 and then they leave to Disney. Princess ArieL knows exactly when she goes. For Stitch leaving on Halloween helps him grasp the concept. So he knows it is summer right now, so he has to wait till after school starts again.

How old is your DD?
My dd is 3 1/2 right now.. She recognizes her numbers up to 10 and can count to 20. She understands concept of time up to a few days but certainly not weeks or months yet... that is why I was waiting to tell her.

The BBB looks SOOO cool. I debated that for dd but decided to wait until she was older (another excuse to go back in a few years )

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
Old 07-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #36
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Subbing!

Hello! Just wanted to say great Pre TR so far! My birthday is close to yours, Oct 29. I'll be 34. I was trying to make it to the World for my birthday this year, but my family (DMom, DDad, DBrother, DSiL) all want to do a beach trip this year. But that's okay, cuz I have plans to go in Dec and May/June, and then Oct 2008 (first time with an AP!). But since I will miss October, please have enough fun for me!

And keep up the great work on the Pre trippie!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 07-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #37
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Subbing!

Hello! Just wanted to say great Pre TR so far! My birthday is close to yours, Oct 29. I'll be 34. I was trying to make it to the World for my birthday this year, but my family (DMom, DDad, DBrother, DSiL) all want to do a beach trip this year. But that's okay, cuz I have plans to go in Dec and May/June, and then Oct 2008 (first time with an AP!). But since I will miss October, please have enough fun for me!

And keep up the great work on the Pre trippie!
Hi Renee! Thanks for subbing!

Oct 29th! That happens to be my hubby's birthday too!!!! He will be turning 35 . But Ssssshhhhh I am planning for them to sing him Happy Birthday at one of the table service dinners! But since he sees the title of my report I dont have it written as 3 birthdays and a 10th!!!!

I will definitely have to read all your trippies! That is awesome 3 trips coming up!

I will definitely have lots of fun for you, and you'll have to do the same in your next Oct trip!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 07-17-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #38
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
Hi Renee! Thanks for subbing!

Oct 29th! That happens to be my hubby's birthday too!!!! He will be turning 35 . But Ssssshhhhh I am planning for them to sing him Happy Birthday at one of the table service dinners! But since he sees the title of my report I dont have it written as 3 birthdays an a 10th!!!!

I will definitely have to read all your trippies! That is awesome 3 trips coming up!

I will definitely have lots of fun for you, and you'll have to do the same in your next Oct trip!
Wow, your birthdays are very close together, huh? Alot of partying all at once!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
Old 07-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #39
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Wow, your birthdays are very close together, huh? Alot of partying all at once!
Oh yeah!

Every year I can count on gaining weight during the eight days between DH's birthday and Stitch's. Every 4 days there is a new cake! LOL But it is a whole lot of fun. Princess ArieL is the odd one out with her birthday in March. But she says that although sometimes she feels left out, she does in fact feel special!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #40
ChrisLei

Since I Had Nothing Better to Do....

I decided to think about our dilemma......

October 31-November 4th will be spent at the wonderful Walt Disney World Resort. November 4th-November 8th will take us through a carribean adventure aboard the Disney Wonder.

Now, I am an early bird. I am also a compulsive planner. And lastly, something that is directly correlated to those two....extremely impatient!

I have been studying the boards and have discovered a snag in our travel plans. Disney Cruise Lines indeed offers transportation to and from the Port Orleans French Quarters.

The problem: The bus does not pick up at the resort till close to noon, realistically it doesn't get on the road till 12:30pm.

If say we get picked up at the resort at 12:30pm and it takes one hour to get to the port, this means we will not be arriving till about 1:30pm. On average, they allow you to board the ship at just shy of noon. This means that we would be losing at least 90 minutes of prime ship exploration time!

So today, I decided I would decide what we would do. I sat by the 'puter and did some researching. We could reserve a towncar to get us to the port....It would run us about $150 plus tips.

or

We can rent a car for a week and spend about $225 (including parking).

Now I know this seems a little strange since the car would be sitting at the port but hear me out.

By renting the car we would have the means to take us to the port bright and early Sunday morning. We would park the car at the port and it would be immediately at our disposal when we disembark the ship. While everyone who is renting a car for the later portion of thier trip has to wait for the rent-a-car company to come pick them up at the port, take them to pick up thier car, and then come back to the port to pick up thier families... we would shimmy our way over to our vehicle, throw in our luggage, and be on our way back to Orlando saving precious time.

So there you have it! Another task crossed off my list! I feel like I have accomplished so much in my obsessive compulsive planning.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #41
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good plan...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #42
ChrisLei

Now if only I can plan how to get to the airport and back home in the New Jersey leg of the trip!

I haven't gotten into that since my FIL is planning on moving into our area in September. We are thinking that he may be able to pick us up from the airport in our minivan. I think it would be too early in the morning for him to drop us off there.

Prince Charming said to wait and see. So of course I have to display my not so good at sitting and waiting quality for at least a couple of more months! LOL

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 AM   #43
ChrisLei

OK Now QUESTION TIME!!!!!

Since I am in the middle of planning my itiniaries for the first 4 days....I thought this would be a neat way to get some ideas.

Here you go!

On your day of arrival....if going to the parks is not an option..... What would be the top 3 things you would do around the Disney Resort?

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #44
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
OK Now QUESTION TIME!!!!!

Since I am in the middle of planning my itiniaries for the first 4 days....I thought this would be a neat way to get some ideas.

Here you go!

On your day of arrival....if going to the parks is not an option..... What would be the top 3 things you would do around the Disney Resort?
1. Walk around and explore... and take pics too
2. Swim
3. Maybe head over to DTD for a bit
Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #45
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
1. Walk around and explore... and take pics too
2. Swim
3. Maybe head over to DTD for a bit
Along with these, I'd suggest a nice character meal at a resort to get everyne in the Disney Spirit (i.e. Chef Mickey's) or do a Disney dinner show, or head to Fort Wilderness and participate in the Campfire Activity they do there? I think they also do hayrides? Just a few suggestions.

Trip Count

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: