Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #151
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

****33 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!****

The excitement is definitely in the air in our house. I have been working on the plans for an exciting 30 day countdown (Thanks R for the help!!!) I can't wait for it to start on Monday! I will post the details then.

Prince Charming and I have decided that October 13th weekend will be our weekend to pack. Our calendar is clear for that weekend and we are planning on keeping it that way (except for a short trip apple picking with the girl scouts). I am planning on going to Target during the week to get my 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags so I can pack each outfit in its individual bag.

I have also made a list of Must Haves for the trip:

1- Biegnets. I have heard so much about them and since we are staying at POFQ it is a must have on our list.

2- Cheddar Soup at LeCellier.

3- Niagra Spritzer from Le Cellier. Thanks to AGPRINCESS for telling me all about it.

4- Dole Whip Float from MK. Enough Said! LOL

5- Tonga Toast....this we are planning to get on our last morning before taking off to Port Canaveral. Hoping we can do it. I love any type of stuffed french toast.

Still thinking of what else to put on my list.....any suggestions?

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 09-28-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #152
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

I like your list of musts. Beignets are on the list for me (I've had them at POFQ and in New Orleans!) as well as the Dole Whip. Unfortunately I have been trying to get into Le Cellier for my Dec trip but have not been able to. I went ahead and made an ADR for the new Italian place but have not given up on Le Cellier yet. Glad you were able to get in!

Renee

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #153
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

ChrisLei,

Hey, just think! In just a few hours, you will be able to say, "I'm going to WDW this month!"

Kathy
Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #154
ChrisLei

WOOHOO!!!!
30 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!!

The 30 day mark we have long anticipated has finally arrived! We are all excited in our house. And to commorate the 30 day countdown, I have planned a special daily celebration till the big day. I will call it "30 Days of Pixie Dust & Magic Till Disney!"

What do we have planned for today? Glad you asked!

Day 30- That's Amour!

Our home will be magically transformed to an ristorante Italiano. Since it is a school evening, we will start off the evening at 5:30pm with a viewing of Lady and the Tramp. Once the movie is done, we will take a short stroll over to La Famiglia Cucina for a delicious homestyle dinner of lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs (for Stitch), and garlic bread. For dessert I purchased some scrumptious looking cannolis.

Princess ArieL and Stitch know that we will be celebrating each day but they have no idea how or what we will be doing. I am so excited! I want to thank my buddy "R" for helping me out with some of the meal ideas.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 10-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #155
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

How exciting!!!! Sounds like these last 30 days are going to fly by, can't wait to hear what else you have planned for your family!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #156
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

That sounds really cool!!! I wish I'd thought of that and done that before our trip.... maybe next year .... Please fill us in on the other nights as they happen or at the end of the week :D
Old 10-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #157
ChrisLei

24 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!

Wow, hard to believe that it has been close to a week since I last updated! It was quite the busy week since my sister and my beautiful 4 month old niece were visiting from Florida. It was so much fun having an adorable little one around the house.

Here's an update on the past week's Countdown to Disney Celebration!

Day 29- A Finger Lookin Good Evening Y'all!
The kids were excited knowing that each day from now until the trip they were going to look forward to some sort of treat of sorts. A little pixie dust to get them in the mood. Tuesdays being our extremely busy running around kinda day, (Princess ArieL goes to CCD and 2 hours of dance after school), I couldn't make any homemade surprises. The movie for tonight was Home on the Range. And to accompany the movie, dinner was KFC chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn on the cob.

Day 28- Breaking Out in Song!
If there is one thing that you will always see and hear in our family is us singing and dancing. So after our dinner (rice,beans, and steak), we giggled and laughed while listening to Disney Soundtracks. Among our favorites: High School Musical 2, Alladin, Lion King....

Day 27- Revving Up For a Wonderful Trip!
In addition to all my elaborate planning for our much anticipated trip, I also attend college part time. I am working on getting my Masters Degree in Education. I am hoping to secure a teaching position within the school system the kids attend. So this leads to letting you know that Thursdays are school nights for me. Normally I would have made a homecooked meal without the help of the frozen food section or take out. But since I have been entertaining my lil sis and niecy, it was a popcorn chicken, shrimp tempura and french fries kind of evening. I walked out the door while the kids settled down to watch CARS.

Day 26- Dining Like Royalty
Princess ArieL could not wait for any evening where we would be watching any princess movie. So tonight was the first of many nights. I didn't quite know what dinner theme to do with tonight's movie choice, so I sort of played around with it. Our movie of the evening was Cinderella. I decided that along with dinner (which was eggplant parmagiana over penne), we would have Pumpkin Pie in honor of Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach!

Day 25- The Game is On!
This being our last full day with our family guests, we were out and about all day. But that didn't mean that I didn't have anything in store for them! We picked up some White Castles for dinner (my sis has not been to the NorthEast in a long while and wanted authentic miniature White Castle burgers, since Krystal's just isn't the same). After dinner it was off to the family room for GAME NIGHT! The game of choice? Why Disney Scene It of course! Prince Charming decided to pass since he is totally addicted to a game he plays online. We have made my sister a fan and she told her hubby she wants the game for Christmas. Princess ArieL won the game!

Which leads me to today....

Day 24- M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!
Today was going to be a rather glum day since Sis and Niece were taking the plane back to Florida. So I decided that I would wake everyone up with some Mickey shaped pancakes! It was a surefire hit! Even Sis was grinning from ear to ear when she cut into her MickeyCakes. We then all hopped into the van and drove to the airport and said a tearful goodbye made better with the knowledge that we would be seeing them again real soon!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #158
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Awesome ideas..... excellently executed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
24 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!

Wow, hard to believe that it has been close to a week since I last updated! It was quite the busy week since my sister and my beautiful 4 month old niece were visiting from Florida. It was so much fun having an adorable little one around the house.

Here's an update on the past week's Countdown to Disney Celebration!

Day 29- A Finger Lookin Good Evening Y'all!
The kids were excited knowing that each day from now until the trip they were going to look forward to some sort of treat of sorts. A little pixie dust to get them in the mood. Tuesdays being our extremely busy running around kinda day, (Princess ArieL goes to CCD and 2 hours of dance after school), I couldn't make any homemade surprises. The movie for tonight was Home on the Range. And to accompany the movie, dinner was KFC chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn on the cob.

Day 28- Breaking Out in Song!
If there is one thing that you will always see and hear in our family is us singing and dancing. So after our dinner (rice,beans, and steak), we giggled and laughed while listening to Disney Soundtracks. Among our favorites: High School Musical 2, Alladin, Lion King....

Day 27- Revving Up For a Wonderful Trip!
In addition to all my elaborate planning for our much anticipated trip, I also attend college part time. I am working on getting my Masters Degree in Education. I am hoping to secure a teaching position within the school system the kids attend. So this leads to letting you know that Thursdays are school nights for me. Normally I would have made a homecooked meal without the help of the frozen food section or take out. But since I have been entertaining my lil sis and niecy, it was a popcorn chicken, shrimp tempura and french fries kind of evening. I walked out the door while the kids settled down to watch CARS.

Day 26- Dining Like Royalty
Princess ArieL could not wait for any evening where we would be watching any princess movie. So tonight was the first of many nights. I didn't quite know what dinner theme to do with tonight's movie choice, so I sort of played around with it. Our movie of the evening was Cinderella. I decided that along with dinner (which was eggplant parmagiana over penne), we would have Pumpkin Pie in honor of Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach!

Day 25- The Game is On!
This being our last full day with our family guests, we were out and about all day. But that didn't mean that I didn't have anything in store for them! We picked up some White Castles for dinner (my sis has not been to the NorthEast in a long while and wanted authentic miniature White Castle burgers, since Krystal's just isn't the same). After dinner it was off to the family room for GAME NIGHT! The game of choice? Why Disney Scene It of course! Prince Charming decided to pass since he is totally addicted to a game he plays online. We have made my sister a fan and she told her hubby she wants the game for Christmas. Princess ArieL won the game!

Which leads me to today....

Day 24- M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!
Today was going to be a rather glum day since Sis and Niece were taking the plane back to Florida. So I decided that I would wake everyone up with some Mickey shaped pancakes! It was a surefire hit! Even Sis was grinning from ear to ear when she cut into her MickeyCakes. We then all hopped into the van and drove to the airport and said a tearful goodbye made better with the knowledge that we would be seeing them again real soon!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #159
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
Awesome ideas..... excellently executed!!!
Thank you!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 10-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #160
ChrisLei

22 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!! :dance3
:

Each day that passes by we get more and more excited! Talks of Disney have been at an all time high around here. And being immersed in the Disney Magic a little each day has been adding to the momentum!

Day 23- A Small Disney Fix

Since the kids were off from school I decided what better way to celebrate than by taking them to the Disney Store at the mall! Going to the Disney Store, even if we don't get anything, always puts us in an awesome mood. There is just something about hearing the Disney tunes and seeing the cartoons being featured on thier huge screen in the back of the store.....just gives you all the warm and fuzzies inside.

They had alot of items on clearance which was awesome! We ended up getting a couple of the handheld lights for the evening parades and fireworks shows. And I ended up getting this:

I always take a new journal to jot down all our memories from the trip. And this purchase was made even sweeter since the journal was also on clearance with an additional 40% off! I had a choice of Alice, Grumpy, and Donald. I decided that Alice was the lucky choice.

Day 22- Atlanta Bread Co is proud to present you with....Your Dinner!

Today is Whirlwind Tuesdays. So that means that our Disney Magic for today will be subtle. No home cooking for me today, Prince Charming will be picking up dinner from Atlanta Bread Company. Tonight's feast will include Cream of Broccoli soup in a bread bowl and chicken pesto paninis. YUM! And we will all settle in to watch Beauty & the Beast.

Today I started my shopping list of last minute essentials. I also took out the suitcases so they can air out. Since there is nothing on our agenda for this weekend, we will be spending it packing. Lucky for us, it seems like this out of character for the NorthEast Indian Summer weather will be coming to an end tomorrow. Thankfully! I was beginning to panic that I wouldn't be able to pack until the day before! I am going to make a Target run tomorrow. I would like to get a nice carryon bag in order to pack all our change of clothes and the kids costumes. This way, I don't have to panic if our luggage doesn't arrive till the evening as some people have complained about.

Off to continue my lists.....Thanks for reading! Catch you all tomorrow!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #161
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

I just love that journal!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #162
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
I just love that journal!
Thanks! I love it too! And know what I just discovered?? It also has a little pocket sleeve in the front! Perfect for storing my iteniaries!!!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #163
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
Thanks! I love it too! And know what I just discovered?? It also has a little pocket sleeve in the front! Perfect for storing my iteniaries!!!
How cool is that!!! Now look what you've done.... I'll be doing a disney store run on my days off now ... gotta see if ours has any good finds
Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #164
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

I am loving your detailed report. I know your family is very excited. I just had a question about your countdown calendar. What is the board you made it out of? I've never heard of it so I'm not sure if I get it at the craft store or at a Home Depot type store. Thanks for the help and keep us all informed of the exciement of your trip.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #165
Monica D
Ready to plan my next cruise!

Wow...I am impressed with all of your details. From one OCD to another--great job!

I've been posting on the Nov. 4th cruise thread and it looks like there are quite a few of us now! We're actually flying out on 11/1 and are going to the parks for a couple of days prior so maybe we'll see you around. Oh yeah--my dh and I have the same Palo brunch time so maybe we can sit together. I am a scrapbooker as well, so maybe we can share ideas.

Dh Me
Ds (17) Dd (15)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: