Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #136
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Wow 49 days!! How exciting, Im only 100 behind you! Time should really fly by for you with all the activities you got going on!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #137
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
Getting closer

I remember being a boy scout leader and getting things sprung on me that's never fun.... but we manage
I know what you mean. It has proven to be a test on patience for me. Me being the big planner, it un-nerves me when adults spring things on you at the last minute. But since I am doing this for the girls, I roll with it.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #138
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina90744 View Post
Wow 49 days!! How exciting, Im only 100 behind you! Time should really fly by for you with all the activities you got going on!
It will FLY by! Seemed like yesterday we were at that 149 mark! LOL

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #139
ChrisLei

47 days Till Disney!!!

As the days get closer, we here in our household are getting more and more excited! Stitch already has a list of all the things he wants to see at Disney. His #1? Going on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! He has been beside himself since he discovered he was tall enough to ride!

And I have been busy getting things ready. I made these yesterday:

I have to take them to get laminated. Anyone know how much it will run me? I am going to punch a hole on it and string it through a keychain so we can put it in our bag. I am actually looking around for a nice bag to take with us. I love the Baggallini, but I am not sure I want to spend that much on a bag. Any suggestions on a more affordable bag are welcome!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #140
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Chris,

What size are your itinerary pages?? Mine are 3x5 index cards and I get this self-laminating stuff at the office supply store... not sure of all the sizes available, but it's worth checking out because it's so easy!

You peel the plastic open, slip the itinerary page inside, then press the edges together and they seal automatically. I haven't bought them for this year's trip yet... if I get them soon, I'll find out the brand name for you!

Oh, I never got to tell you how happy I am that you got all your ressies, especially Palo!!

Kathy
Old 09-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #141
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
47 days Till Disney!!!

And I have been busy getting things ready. I made these yesterday:

I have to take them to get laminated. Anyone know how much it will run me? I am going to punch a hole on it and string it through a keychain so we can put it in our bag. I am actually looking around for a nice bag to take with us. I love the Baggallini, but I am not sure I want to spend that much on a bag. Any suggestions on a more affordable bag are welcome!
Those are so cute!! Thanks for another idea!! Have you tried finding a code on shoebuy.com, they offer free shipping and if you register you usually get 10% off. It really is a good bag, it looks so small but fits tons of stuff. In the larger main compartment I fit my two kids sweaters in there our camera and ponchos. There is a great cell phone pocket on the strap that goes right in front and has three other great compartments!! Go for it, it is really worth every penny!!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #142
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
What size are your itinerary pages?? Mine are 3x5 index cards and I get this self-laminating stuff at the office supply store... not sure of all the sizes available, but it's worth checking out because it's so easy!

You peel the plastic open, slip the itinerary page inside, then press the edges together and they seal automatically. I haven't bought them for this year's trip yet... if I get them soon, I'll find out the brand name for you!

Oh, I never got to tell you how happy I am that you got all your ressies, especially Palo!!

Kathy
I think they are about 4x6 in size. I wonder if they sell them that size? Thanks for the tip! I will go to Staples tomorrow and see what I can find.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #143
ChrisLei

Quote:
Those are so cute!! Thanks for another idea!! Have you tried finding a code on shoebuy.com, they offer free shipping and if you register you usually get 10% off. It really is a good bag, it looks so small but fits tons of stuff. In the larger main compartment I fit my two kids sweaters in there our camera and ponchos. There is a great cell phone pocket on the strap that goes right in front and has three other great compartments!! Go for it, it is really worth every penny!!
Your welcome!

Which style Baggallini do you have?

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 PM   #144
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your welcome!

Which style Baggallini do you have?

I have the messenger bag http://www.bagsbuy.com/s.jsp?&Brand=...ubstyle=285294

and I love it!!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #145
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am actually looking around for a nice bag to take with us. I love the Baggallini, but I am not sure I want to spend that much on a bag. Any suggestions on a more affordable bag are welcome!
I always do a backpack. Works great for me.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 09-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #146
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
I always do a backpack. Works great for me.
I was talking to Prince Charming about it and he said that we are probably better off with a backpack...he'll carry of course! And in his words....MORE SPENDING MONEY FOR DISNEY if you don't have to buy a new bag! WOOHOO!!!!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #147
ChrisLei

Happy Sunday to All!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying thier Sunday and that thier weekend went well.

What did Y'all do?

The weather has been perfect over here....Fall temps are in full effect! I absolutely LOVE it! We went to a seafood festival yesterday. Totally stuffed our faces! We had lobster, crabcakes (YUMM-O!), popcorn shrimps, and these delectable sweet potato seafood cakes with a chipote sauce. Then we stopped at DQ for ice cream and watch Bridge to Terabethia. I think in just yesterday alone I gained 5 pounds! That means I have to be extra good all this week. Trying to drop a few pounds before Disney. You know with the dining plan, there is no watching calories there!

So what did your weekend entail?

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #148
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Sunday to All!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying thier Sunday and that thier weekend went well.

What did Y'all do?

The weather has been perfect over here....Fall temps are in full effect! I absolutely LOVE it! We went to a seafood festival yesterday. Totally stuffed our faces! We had lobster, crabcakes (YUMM-O!), popcorn shrimps, and these delectable sweet potato seafood cakes with a chipote sauce. Then we stopped at DQ for ice cream and watch Bridge to Terabethia. I think in just yesterday alone I gained 5 pounds! That means I have to be extra good all this week. Trying to drop a few pounds before Disney. You know with the dining plan, there is no watching calories there!

So what did your weekend entail?

Sounds like lots of fun!!! We to went to our Lobster Festival. It was great, didn't eat but had a great time. The weather has been perfect over here to!! So how many days are you at now? It has got to be sooo exciting in your house right now

Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #149
ChrisLei

Quote:
Sounds like lots of fun!!! We to went to our Lobster Festival. It was great, didn't eat but had a great time. The weather has been perfect over here to!! So how many days are you at now? It has got to be sooo exciting in your house right now
Lobster Festival! YUMMY!!!! We so enjoyed our lobster on Saturday! I can imagine a whole lobster festival!

We are at 44 DAYS Till DISNEY!!!!!

It is getting so exciting here. I keep looking at the news since I have been itching to start packing! LOL

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #150
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lobster Festival! YUMMY!!!! We so enjoyed our lobster on Saturday! I can imagine a whole lobster festival!
It was great there was mariachi, tons of food, beer and wine. Carnival rides for the kids. It was really a good time.

Quote:
We are at 44 DAYS Till DISNEY!!!!!

It is getting so exciting here. I keep looking at the news since I have been itching to start packing! LOL

Thats right around the corner, thats only 6 weekends. I would start packing already that way I know what I still have to buy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: