Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Our family trip to Disney we thought we'd never make!

Hey everyone! I am going to attempt doing a trip report. I tried to do one on my December trip and it didnít go well. I also did a live trip report on my iphone while in Disney, but it was hard to keep up with because I was having such a good time I didnít keep my phone close by at times. So for the details of my magical trip:
We were intending on going the second week of February, which is when we always take our family vacation, as it is DH birthday and valentineís and we can celebrate both. But we ran into lots of trouble this week. The weekend before our trip, I was pulled over for speeding and the policeman took my license and had my car towed. I was so shocked to find out my license was suspended! Well I found out that DH had let our insurance lapse. So not only did I have no car to drive to Disney, but DD had an allergic reaction and was miserable. I decided to try and call and reschedule our trip the night before. I was really worried that I may not be able to get ressies or have other problems, but the CM I spoke with was great and helped me get everything back to normal. Since I rescheduled for March, I had time to renew my license and get my car back. ( The week we were going would have been Presidentís week anyway and probably would have been really crowded). So enough about that, here are the details of the trip I thought I would never make! LOL! I will try to do it a day at a time, as I already have my photopass cd and over 400 pictures I have a lot to share!

Kay family trip March 3-9
DH(36), Me, DD(5), DS(1)
Pop Century Resort
Park hopper, Dining and lots of driving (at the speed limit)!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

That was one bad week you had in February.

Looking forward to hearing how WDW went.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Day 1

This day started very early!! After church on Sunday, I still had packing and cleaning to do. We were planning on driving through the night, hoping that the kids would sleep and we would get there early enough not to miss a whole day. The plan was to leave about 3am and get there around 11am and check in to rest, swim, relax. But after church we were all so wired and ready that we went ahead. I started driving at 1am and by 4 or 5ish we were so exhausted that we stopped and got a room to sleep for a few hours. We checked in, slept four hours and were on our way! We went through a fast food drive thru and kept on driving. We arrived at Pop at about 3pm. I asked the CM if she had any rooms on the first floor by the hippity dippity pool. She looked and said they were all gone and gave me a room on the 4th floor close to the elevator.
We went straight to our room and put on our suits for the pool! It was a little chilly, so we didn’t stay long. After that, we got ready to go out. We had ressies for HDDR, so I planned on leaving early to do the Chip and Dale campfire. We were early enough to go into MK for a caramel apple and a stroll down Main Street USA. After that, we got a ferry boat and headed for FW. We got smores packs and waited for chip and dale. They had a lady singing songs and everyone randomly went to the fire to roast marshmallows. They did some games like hokey pokey and Chip and Dale came around for pictures and autographs. After they left we watched The Great Mouse Detective. I’m not sure if I’ve seen this before. If I have, it must have been a long time ago. It was really cute and I’m going to keep and eye out for the video now. We left early to make sure we made it for our ADR @ 9:30 since this one charges your card if you don’t make it. I could not stop laughing. It was a really funny show. The food was pretty good too, but I must say it was not a favorite on the trip. After that we went back to the hotel and rested for a full day.

Here is the crew on our first steps of MK!
Having fun at the Chip and Dale campfire!

And HDDR; this show was so funny!! I would almost do this again just to see the show.
Up next: Day 2--A full day at MK and ressies at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Last edited by princessreilly; 03-13-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading OhMari!
Day 2

I wanted to wake up early enough to make rope drop, but DH was tired and didn’t want an early wake up call. So we woke up on our own and ate pop tarts in the room before getting ready. We got on the bus heading for MK a little after 10am. I was worried that we wouldn’t be able to do much since we didn’t get up early. We headed to the teacups first since she had on her Alice dress. The wait time said 15 minutes, but we didn’t even have to wait 5. When we got up there I told DD to pick the teacup she wanted. We ended up wandering around and they all got full! So we waited for the next set and she wanted purple, so we went straight to the purple one. After that she said she wanted to ride again. (Which are words I heard all week)! But I said we’re going to ride a lot of different rides. After that we rode Winnie the Pooh. The wait for it was about the same. And for the next ride:. Dumbo! There was a little bit of a wait for this of course. I think it may have been about 20 minutes. But it was worth it, I wanted DS to be able to ride this one. While we were in line, DD said she wanted to see Ariel, but we still hadn’t ate lunch yet, so we encouraged her to go to lunch. We ate at Pinocchio’s Village Haus. I absolutely love the cannoli’s here! After we had lunch, we decided to go see some characters, so we headed to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. We saw Darby , Pooh and Tiger on the way. DD didn’t want to see them and I told her we’d see Ariel at the P&PP which I still regret. I’ll get into why later. We walked through Minnie’s and Mickey’s house, but decided not to wait in line to see them. I took DS to meet Donald, Goofy and Pluto and DH took DD to see Belle, Cinderella and Snow White. DS loves the characters but hates to wait! It was so hard holding him and keeping him from running! After we saw them we went to the store and made Potato heads. A nice CM helped up fill our boxes until they popped open! When we got to the register another CM gave DH a hard time with them. We told them we weren’t the ones who filled them. Anyways we headed to Tommorowland and I had to see what TTA was because I had heard about it on here. I was pleasantly surprised! I is so cool to go through Space Mountain and Buzz rides. Next, we rode Buzz. And then Carousel of Progress. I was curious about this as well. It wasn’t too bad and nice to sit down for a while after walking so much. DD actually liked it and it kept DS interested as well. DD said” Look the wall is moving“! When we got out the sky looked really dark, but we went ahead and did Laugh Floor. I sent a telxt to them of DDs joke, but they didn’t use it. DD wondered why, but I told her maybe next time. When we walked out, it was raining pretty hard, so DH went and got the stroller and some raincoats. We ran out and headed for our ressie at HS. We got there in time to see part of HSM and went to see Indiana Jones show because DH wanted to see it. DD wouldn’t sit still but DH and DS loved it. After that we went to eat dinner at 50’s Prime Time. Our server was uncle somebody. I got the roast which was really good and a root beer float. My uncle said dessert before dinner? Oh well you’re on vacation. I felt really guilty about this! LOL. And smores for dessert. It was good too. DD liked looking at desserts on the viewmaster.

Up next: Day at HS, Ressies at Coral Reef with surprises for DH's late birthday and, will we get to ride on the front of the monorail?

Last edited by princessreilly; 03-13-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
crgfsu1
DIS Veteran

Nice start to what seems like a great trip! I'll be waiting for more

Cathy

No Wishes, Just A Dream
CBR 10/3 - 10/10/2007 & MNSSHP

Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
IATink
Mouseketeer

Great pictures! I have never seen Darby before at MK. My girls will be excited to hear she is there. We'll have to keep a look out for her.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

I’m glad to have the two of you joining! If you want to see Darby she was in front of Pooh’s Playful Spot.
Day 3

I thought things couldn’t get any better after spending a day in MK with little to no wait in lines. But today was pretty great, if not the best day on the trip. I ended waking up at 5am because I was so sore from walking all day yesterday. I soaked in the tub for a while and while I was still awake I decided to take a walk around the lake. had heard so much about it and wanted to go for a look. It was really beautiful. After that, I ate breakfast and talked to a CM about the cake I had ordered for DH. She said it was delivered the first day I was there and gave it to me. I took it to the room and sang Happy Late Birthday to DH. After that, I decided to make an appointment for the photo session @ the GF. I made it for 11am, since almost all of my ressies were between 4-6. I highly recommend getting a later time if you are considering this though. The sun was so bright I literally had tears running down my eyes. It was impossible to get any pics of all of us looking. But it was fun to see the GF and walk around the beach. DS ran in the water and got his pants soaked!

We arrived at this at about 10:30, and even though they told us to get there about 15 min early, when we got there they told us they would take us right at 11 and to shop or get something to eat. We ended up eating at Gaspirilla Grill. It was just ok, and I split breakfast with DD and DS since we had already had breakfast in the room. I got a kids Mickey waffle with sprinkles, fruit and chocolate milk. After that went back and decided to get the photo pass cd, and had our pictures made. When we left, we found the buses and waited for one to take us to Hollywood Studio’s. We waited for a long time, and when one finally came, we took it even though it was to MK. I didn’t know how this worked and forgot to search on transportation from there before I left. Well we had to go to MK get on a monorail, to transportation and then to HS! Good thing we didn’t have to be anywhere at a certain time! While getting on the monorail at MK I asked to ride in the front. Sure enough, there was a place for us.

When we got the HS , we saw some of the High School Musical show and Indiana Jones show. After that, we we're able to get a good spot to see the parade before leaving for our ressies at Epcot.

I had a change of clothes and snacks for the kids each day, which was used almost every time. We went to our reservation at Coral Reef. When I checked in I told them I had arranged the diver sign and menu for us. I told them it was a surprise and they did not know. They walked us in and the place was beautiful! I had never been there before and the pictures I had seen did it no justice.

We had a table beside the aquarium window and there was a huge loggerhead turtle at our window. The kids had fun playing with him through the meal. DH immediately notice his menu had our pictures from our Disney trip in December and a special note that said: “ Happy Birthday Daddy” Thanks for bringing us to Disney on your Birthday! We love you, Britt, Reilly and Sam. This was by far the best meal we had all week. I got a virgin pina colada and crab legs and lobster soup. DH got a spicy catfish. After I saw he had gotten the menu I kept looking at the tank so I wouldn’t miss the diver. I wasn’t sure if one would come because I had heard they only had so many a day. But sure enough after our meal, two of them floated by with a sign rolled up! They were great! They were waving and one unrolled the sign. Then they threw up fish food which looked like confetti. DH loved this and though it was so cool. I was so glad I arranged this. I would not have known without reading the boards. For dessert DH got Moose and I got chocolate wave. The chocolate wave is wonderful! Those cherries are so strong though!
When we finished eating we road Nemo since it was beside Coral Reef. It was a walk on ride and very fun! Turtle talk with crush was having technical difficulties, so we missed it. We did a kid cot at each stop except the land. DH was able to learn to ride a segeway.

And we also did Spaceship Earth! The ride was really cool since the refurb and the games are really fun to play when you gett off too!

We went to Innoventions and made a robot , which was pretty neat. We also rode Test track. This was DDs first big ride.

She wasn’t tall enough in December. There was a little wait, but not too bad. We caught Illuminations at 9pm by the bridge. I ran to France for pastries and ate them during the fireworks. I got a Napoleon and a chocolate ťclair. We went back to Pop and got ready for another fun filled day.

Up next: Day 4--- More time for HS! And Princess and Pirate party. Will there be rain? Wait and see! How will it turn out?

Last edited by princessreilly; 03-13-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Pictures were going off the page...
Old 03-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
disneydance
DIS Veteran

Subscribing your DS is very cute I also cant see all the pictures it says they been moved or deleted great job and keep it up also your DD's allice dress it very lovavle :D

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
crgfsu1
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I am unable to see the pictures too. And your sentences seem to run a long way across the page before going to the next line - dont know if the two are related...but nonetheless, great report

No Wishes, Just A Dream
CBR 10/3 - 10/10/2007 & MNSSHP

Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #10
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydance View Post
Subscribing your DS is very cute I also cant see all the pictures it says they been moved or deleted great job and keep it up also your DD's allice dress it very lovavle :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgfsu1 View Post
Yeah, I am unable to see the pictures too. And your sentences seem to run a long way across the page before going to the next line - dont know if the two are related...but nonetheless, great report
The pictures are pretty big, sorry. But when I scroll over to the right I can see them fine. Give that a try, and if you still have trouble seeing them let me know and I will try to fix it. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Day 4

During the planning of my trip, I had decided to not do anything this day but rest for the Princess and Pirate Party. But after I spent a day at Hollywood Studios and not doing everything I wanted to do there, I decided to go back for a couple of hours.

I had a wake up call @ 8am and let the kids hear Mickey and Stitch wake them up. After that, we took our time getting ready and were on the bus heading to HS at about 10am. This was later then I wanted, be amazing enough, we got a lot accomplished. Heading to the right side to catch the Incredibles, we noticed High School Musical again. We listened for a little while, because DD was singing and wanted to stay. We didn’t stay long though, because she is not a big fan of that. Next, we went through Magic of Disney Animation to see the Incredibles. I had brought their Incredible’s outfits in my backpack for this park. DD and DS were Jack Jack and Violet for Halloween last year. Before we went in I changed DD into her outfit, but DS was asleep in the stroller. We went through the attraction and sat on the front. I have done this before, so I did not find it very interesting. When we got out, Frozone was there for autographs and pictures.
DD really wanted to see the Incredibles and asked the CM. She told us they would be there in about an hour. So after that, we headed to Playhouse Disney. Jo Jo and Goliath were out and we had time to pay them a visit first.

We waited in line for the show to start and got a place about mid way on the right side. I thought the kids liked it, but DH was disappointed because there were puppets this time and no Bear in the Big House. When we finished there, we went back to see the Incredibles. This time we went in the back way and got in line. I was able to put on both their outfits this time. They interacted so well with the kids. DD said they thought she was their daughter. I told her they were sad for her to leave.

By now it was time for lunch, so we headed to Pizza Planet. I thought the pizza here was delicious! I was a little nervous about eating the pizza here, because I had read such bad reviews on the pizza at Disney, but I thought it was great. When we finished we headed to the Backlot area to see the stars from Cars. The were not out yet, so I asked a CM and they said they would be out in about an hour. So we went ahead and did the Backlot Tour. This was pretty interesting seeing things from different movies and I enjoyed looking around the store as well. When we came out the line was forming for Lightning McQueen and Mater. The wait was about 10-15 minutes and they announced to only take two pictures and that there was no photo pass photographer. The cars actually moved and played music. They were pretty loud actually, in fact it scared DS a little. So we were glad to have caught Lightning McQueen this time and headed over to get a couple more attractions in before we headed back. We did Muppet 3D, which was fun, but we do it every time. As we walked out we glanced at the Jedi Training. If we had time, we would have watched more or tried to get DD in, but she’s not the fan, we are. Maybe when DS is older. We also caught a photographer and had the kids pictures made with High School Musical props. DD loved the pom poms and DS did not want to give the ball back.

When we got back to the room at about 3pm we decided to cancel our ressie for the Plaza at 5. That way we would have time to rest and get the kids ready for the P&PP. We rested and get them ready for the party and on the bus between 7-8pm. DD was so excited and met another princess on the bus. She tried to follow her into MK.

When we got in, there was a red carpet and DD glided in just like a little princess. She talked to a CM at the front who was calling her princess. We went to the castle and watched Dream Along with Mickey. Then we caught a seat right on the curb in front of the castle! We had great seats for the parade!! While we were waited for it to start, it started to sprinkle a little. I kept praying for it to start and not be cancelled since we had such good seats. It started and we put on our rain gear. The parade was absolutely amazing! By the time the parade was over, the rain was really coming down. We raced over to LTT, and I thought I would give it a try to see if we could get in. As I walked in I was relived to see it looked pretty empty in there. I asked the CM if there was any availability and they said they closed before the party had even started! I was floored! We got back out in what was now heavy rain coming down sideways and ran to the next restaurant spot that looked open. When found Peco’s Bills and walked in soaked. By this time we were shivering and DD was crying because her dress was wet. I ordered us some burgers and BBQ and took DD to the bathroom to change her and her brother into some dry clothes. We ate and continued to sit there because the rain did not stop. I heard fireworks and ran outside with DS to watch them from the porch. After that we splashed out from puddle to puddle to the bus. While waiting for the bus, we noticed that the ran was so hard, it had gone right through our rain jackets! We went back to the room, got into dry clothes, turned on the heat and got under the covers! That’s when we found out that Florida was in a Tornado Warning!
I will try to get pictures up of how wet we got! DS knocked my computer off on my camera disc last nite and it will not read right now!

Up next: Day 5 Breakfast at O’hana’s, Day at Animal Kingdom and Yack and Yeti. Will Yack and Yeti get a good or bad review from us? What's your guess?

Last edited by princessreilly; 03-13-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
IATink
Mouseketeer

I just got all caught up today. I think the Happy Birthday sign at Coral Reef is so cool! I also liked the birthday cake you had for DH. Did you call the cake reservation line before your trip to order it? Also, did it cost a lot or was it reasonable? We are going in June to celebrate my youngest DD's birthday, and I want to get her a cake delivered.

Loving your report! The pics with the Incredibles are so cute!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #13
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
I just got all caught up today. I think the Happy Birthday sign at Coral Reef is so cool! I also liked the birthday cake you had for DH. Did you call the cake reservation line before your trip to order it? Also, did it cost a lot or was it reasonable? We are going in June to celebrate my youngest DD's birthday, and I want to get her a cake delivered.
Loving your report! The pics with the Incredibles are so cute!
Thanks!

I thought the cake was very reasonable. I think it was somewhere between $12-$15. I called the cake hotline that I found on here a couple of weeks before my trip. There was an extention for Pop and it took me to the cake lady there. She said they had some in the cooler that were pretty good and they could put a name on it. I think it was twelve. If you get a custom order it's a little more. Mine was custom because DH likes chocolate and they did not have those in the cooler. It may be more if you get something bigger than mine. Mine was just a six inch. I would recommend going to a chef when you get there and remind them. They seemed to have lost my order and I had to wait a while on mine.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
IATink
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to figure out what to put on her cake. We are going to have breakfast at Cinderella Castle on the day of her birthday. So, I haven't decided if I want to have one sent there, or if we should just do it at the hotel room. Decisions, decisions....
Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #15
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to figure out what to put on her cake. We are going to have breakfast at Cinderella Castle on the day of her birthday. So, I haven't decided if I want to have one sent there, or if we should just do it at the hotel room. Decisions, decisions....
A birthday in Cinderella's castle will be a dream come true either way I'm sure. Have you considered the white chocolate glass slipper dessert? DH surprised me with one on our December trip. They are really cute. Whatever you do, I hope she has a great birthday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: