Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

June 16th Med Cruise Report

What a great cruise! Near perfect weather, amazing ports, excellent Disney service, entertainment and food, and meeting new friends. I honestly don't know how the cruise could have been any better. Alright fellow June 16th MedHead cruisers, let's hear from you.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

I totally agree - it was a wonderful time with incredible luck for weather. On the last sea day, Rachel said that a different cruise line could not even anchor at Villefranche because the weather was so bad!

We blogged our trip too. You can read about it here:

www.dclmed2007.blogspot.com

Karen
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
bmr12
Mouseketeer

A great trip with smooth seas, wonderful ports, and a fun time for all. We are glad we went!
bmr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:43 AM   #4
Seaurchinzz
Earning My Ears

Hi Jeff,loved your review and can't wait for our cruise.We too are using DriveAmalfi for our tour from Naples and Salvatore has been very helpful in the planning.Salvatore does not have a Website but can be reached by email at info@driveamalfi.com or driveamalfi@hotmail.com

Thanks again
Seaurchinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
MissMoon
Earning My Ears

Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
What a great cruise! Near perfect weather, amazing ports, excellent Disney service, entertainment and food, and meeting new friends. I honestly don't know how the cruise could have been any better. Alright fellow June 16th MedHead cruisers, let's hear from you.
Just got home after an amazing ( if tiring) trip. Weather was just perfect, tours excellant ( dont miss any of them, you can sleep when you get home) Disney Staff excelled as ususal and the ship was the prettiest in the Med. I keep having to remind myself of all the places I have seen, and having done Cruise's in the Caribbean many times, this one really was the Icing on the Disney Cake.
MissMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
smillingjack
Mouseketeer

Hello to all from the June 16th Med. cruise
It was certainly nice to meet so many of the disboarders abord the Magic! the cruise even more interesting because we knew we were going to have a chance to meet disboarders! We all learned from each other.

Again, Marie (worktoplay) dance routine in the big show was a highlight.

Let's keep in touch.

Excellent idea Jeff on this thread.

Smillingjack (Jack )
smillingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
PrincessJasmine08
That is insane! I had no idea there was such a thing as a vacuum
I have a talent for making people's heads spin, among other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
So is this where the Medhead party continues? I am so bummed that it's over but I agree, it couldn't have been better. We did have a few issues with shore excursions but everything on the ship was just perfect, I was completely blown away. It was great to meet so many nice DISers and I hope we all keep in touch!
PrincessJasmine08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
jmcdonnell04
"It's Time to Remember the Magic"

Great Cruise with Great Disboarders

The 11-day Disney cruise from June 16-27th was fantastic. The service, food and shows were outstanding. The European ports and excursions were great and lastly we met so many wonderful Disboard friends.

John
jmcdonnell04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
Skallywag
DIS Veteran

16th June med cruise

I just knew that this cruise was to be something special inspite of knowing quite a few of the ports quite well. So glad everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and certainly the weather took care of us - someone up there must like us.

We did some of the excursions arranged by Disney, Zingaro Park, Little Train and Cinque Terre but the other ports we did on our own and know from past experience just how tiring they could be and so much to see.

We enjoyed all the planned exursions and also the little trips we did out on our own and do hope Disney will do something similar in the not too distant future with perhaps Venice as a two night stop like other ships do.

Ah well, back to the real world for a time but do hope we can all keep in touch as I will treasure my little gifts from you all as they are really something quite special.

Thanks to all of you for making this trip extra special.
Bren
Old 06-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #10
taysmom
DIS Veteran

Again, A big Hi to all...
Taylor wants to say hi to Jenna and Jeff. Thanks for spending time with her. She loved hanging out with you.

Andrea...loved our chats!
Jack...I'll try to help, but I've not really been able to post pics on this site.
Jeff...thanks for starting the report thread..knew you would
Marie...a great table mate and excellent dancer!
Patricia and Patsy...glad we got the last excursion together.
Lauren...You are a sweetie as are your sisters. I wish we could have spent more time. If I had been healthier at the end, I would have helped with the tarzan situation even more!

Everyone else...it was great meeting all of you. I'll have to get some emails to send pics or learn how to post myself on here. I put the last meet we had up on my blog.

Taylor and I just finished Eurodisney. It was OK, not really great, we decided we preferred california. There were too many "cutters" everyone just pushed through...although, we did like Space Mountain and Big thunder mountain alot. They are different from cali.
We didn't get a change to go to MGM, which was a bummer. Now we are packing to head over the pond to london for the day tomorrow.
I broke down and ordered a car service. I just can't carry that luggage on the metro anymore!
We'll blog more when we return to cali on sunday.

AGAIN..it was a fantastic trip. Thanks for everything.

Steph and tay
DVC member since 2005 Too many Disneyland trips to count! Most Recent...June 2007 Med Cruise, June07 DLParis,March 08 Paradise Pier, April 08 Off prop. DL, May 08 WDW (OKW),May 2008 Repo, May 08 Grand Cal, March09Paradise Pier,April '11 GrandCal, Wonder Mexico, Nov. '11 Aulani for thanksgiving, WDW Sibling Vaca June '13, Jan '14 Paradise Pier Teen trip DL, Cruise to nowhere May '14, July '14 Aulani

Last edited by taysmom; 06-29-2007 at 02:24 PM.
taysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
Worktoplay
Mouseketeer

I too agree that it was a fabulous trip! I don't think it would have been near as wonderful if not for you disboarders! I felt like I was running into dear friends around every corner...I truly think that's the Disney "Magic"....I really don't think other cruise lines meets would be the same.

Did anyone else book onboard? We booked March 15th Eastern Carribean on the Magic but I'll still trying to decide if I want to wait and do the Cali cruise in the summer. It would be great to meet up with everyone again!

Marie
Worktoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
Shercara
ArE wE tHeRe YeT?

Hi recent cruisers! Thanks for the great trip reports!

I have a question as I prepare for our LUCKY Cruise on 07/07/07!

I saw that Castaway Club members ( I think ) on the Transatlantic Cruise were given a Lanyard. Did anyone receive one on your cruise?

Any comments are appreciated!
Thanks,
Sherri
~Sept '11 My 50th B'day Trip to WDW@The Swan
Oct 14, 2012 ~ 14 Night Hawaiian Cruise *30th Anniversary Celebration!!*
April 11 '13 -3 Night First sailing on THE DREAM and we are GOLD!
Jan 11 '14 - 7 Night Fantasy EasternCaribbean
Sept 6 '14 ~ Crossing the Atlantic on the Magic~14 Night WBTA!!
Shercara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 PM   #13
PrincessJasmine08
That is insane! I had no idea there was such a thing as a vacuum
I have a talent for making people's heads spin, among other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by taysmom View Post
Lauren...You are a sweetie as are your sisters. I wish we could have spent more time. If I had been healthier at the end, I would have helped with the tarzan situation even more!
Thanks. You are so much fun! And it's fine about Tarzan, we'll just have to go on another cruise. That so sucked that you got sick but there's always next time...again, can I stay in your room on the Panama Canal crossing?

Quote:
Everyone else...it was great meeting all of you. I'll have to get some emails to send pics or learn how to post myself on here. I put the last meet we had up on my blog.
I was wondering if you could email me that pic Marie (I think) took for us at the pirate deck party.

Quote:
Taylor and I just finished Eurodisney. It was OK, not really great, we decided we preferred california. There were too many "cutters" everyone just pushed through...although, we did like Space Mountain and Big thunder mountain alot. They are different from cali.
We didn't get a change to go to MGM, which was a bummer. Now we are packing to head over the pond to london for the day tomorrow.
I broke down and ordered a car service. I just can't carry that luggage on the metro anymore!
I'm so jealous that you're still on vacation. Have a great time. I need to catch up on your blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shercara View Post
Hi recent cruisers! Thanks for the great trip reports!

I have a question as I prepare for our LUCKY Cruise on 07/07/07!

I saw that Castaway Club members ( I think ) on the Transatlantic Cruise were given a Lanyard. Did anyone receive one on your cruise?

Any comments are appreciated!
Thanks,
Sherri
We got a leather document holder thingy. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Oh...wait...we did get a lanyard too. They gave us that when we checked in and it had 2 pins on it and then the document holder was in the room. I don't know if I'm making sense.
PrincessJasmine08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:26 AM   #14
Shercara
ArE wE tHeRe YeT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine08 View Post
We got a leather document holder thingy. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Oh...wait...we did get a lanyard too. They gave us that when we checked in and it had 2 pins on it and then the document holder was in the room. I don't know if I'm making sense.
Thanks for the reply -- did the lanyard have a pouch on it to hold your KTTW card? That's what I am trying to find out. In the past we had brought our own lanyards and a punch to make a hole on the edge of the KTTW card. This was an easy way to carry and keep track of them.
Sherri
~Sept '11 My 50th B'day Trip to WDW@The Swan
Oct 14, 2012 ~ 14 Night Hawaiian Cruise *30th Anniversary Celebration!!*
April 11 '13 -3 Night First sailing on THE DREAM and we are GOLD!
Jan 11 '14 - 7 Night Fantasy EasternCaribbean
Sept 6 '14 ~ Crossing the Atlantic on the Magic~14 Night WBTA!!
Shercara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 AM   #15
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Sherri, yes it has the plastic pouch on it for holding your card (and photo ID/DL) which those over 18 need to get back on the ship). We got our lanyards at check-in. Make sure to ask for it if you don't get it at checkin to save yourself a trip to Guest Services.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: