Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #886
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Hey gang!

Guess what???? My camera battery just died!

So I can't post the makeup tips yet--- Got all of it written, but gotta add in all the pictures.

So, I'm getting it charged right now, and I'm hoping to post it all tonight!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #887
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

OH NO! I'm sitting here waitng with baited breath!! I guess I'll go cook dinner for my family (what? They have to eat again???) and check back later!

~Allyson
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #888
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Mine was very nice courtney(sunday). Its a lot of fun
watching chloe change and grow. Can't wait till I can take
her to meet the mouse and friends!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #889
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

My weekend went well thank you! I went into NYC to drop my nephew off at my aunt's house. It was a bit sad since he had been with us for the past 3 weeks. But he has to return to my sis in FL to get ready for school.

Sunday was spent running errands and such. And reading my Unoffical Guide to WDW!! WOOHOO!!!!

Glad your weekend went well! Much anticipating those make up tips! Will log back on later to check them out!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #890
carrinas1018
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandRyan View Post
Hey gang!

Guess what???? My camera battery just died!

So I can't post the makeup tips yet--- Got all of it written, but gotta add in all the pictures.

So, I'm getting it charged right now, and I'm hoping to post it all tonight!
Can't Wait! You are so sweet to go through all of this for your admirers
Old 07-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #891
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandRyan View Post
OH my gracious Disney Dad!!!! How FUN!!!!! So super cool that you are Patches!!!! Is that a side job, or your full time job??? I think that's a BLAST!!!! And yes, I think the make-up tips will TOTALLY help you =)
I did it for a living in College.....but now it's just something fun for the Kids!!!!!
& yes it's a Blast!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #892
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Hey there friends!!!!

So, the long awaited makeup tips are HERE!!!!

First of all, let me say that what I do to my face may not be what you should do to your face!

I put makeup on my friend (it was her makeup, not mine) the exact same way I do mine, and she looked like a street corner girl! If you know what I mean…

It just wasn’t flattering on her… But if you can take away a few tips, then that’s GREAT! And know, I am totally NOT the makeup expert- I will claim only to love makeup, and have experimented with it in the past, and I think to have found what works best for my face, features, skin tone, etc.

With that said, here we go!

Step 1: Get a GREAT Makeup Bag!!!!

Step 2: Prime Your Face
• Wash—always wash morning and night! Doesn’t matter what you use, as long as it works for your skin. Never sleep with your makeup on! Your face needs to breathe.
• After washing, use cover up for the blemishes and other inconsistent spots on your face.
o Personally, I use NYC Color--- the cheapest ever! I think I got it from Walgreens or CVS. The color is “Light” and it’s a cover stick.
• After covering the blemishes, I use under eye concealer for my dark circles. Yes, I get a lot of sleep, but they are hereditary. I have always had them, I always will.
o For this, I use Merle Norman Cover Up in “Warm Light”
o I put it on my finger, rub onto undereye and “rub in” softly with a makeup sponge.
• Then, I use a Mary Kay Oil Mattifier for my nose… It helps control the shine!
• After your face is balanced in color and mattified, apply powder. Here’s where some people use base. I don’t. I know it’s good for you if you have an SPF in it, but I find it makes my face look really thick (therefore sweaty and makeup runs because your face isn’t breathing) and it’s really hard to match your skin. Because it’s so hard to match your skin, you often see a base line on ladies around the neck and jaw line.
o The powder I use is EXCELLENT. It’s Merle Norman color “Ultra Golden” (LUXIVA® Ultra Powder Foundation is the official name). It’s not too thick, but just thick enough to not wear base. Here’s the description from their website:
o “Dual-function formula performs as a foundation and powder. Oil-absorbing pressed-powder makeup is great for oily skin and ideal for humid climates. Sheer to maximum coverage. Matte finish.”
o I think no base was the key to me not appearing to sweat in Disney (b/c trust me, I was sweating!)

Step 3: Add Color
• Since we’ve basically, to this point, made our face all one color, we need to “add a little life” to our beautiful cheeks!
• First thing, I use a bronzer. LOVE the bronzer!
o For this, I use Mary Kay “Bronze Highlighting Powder”. This stuff is WONDERFUL! I love it! I use it on my cheeks, nose, and forehead. Just for a little color.
• Then, I add blush.
o The color I’m currently using (and did in Disney) was “tender rose” from Loreal- true match.
o Depending on the color of my hair, I change blush colors. So, since I’m getting my hair done in two weeks (still deciding what to do with it), the color may change =)

Step 4: Eyes!
• Love this part! First, we are going to add our shadow. You typically want to use a highlighter and then an accent. I do the highlighter first.
• The highlighter is applied directly under the eyebrow and into the inner corner of the eye (corner closest to the nose). Leave the part of your lid on top of the eye without color for now.
o The color that I love for the highlighter is Cover Girl “pink chfn”.
• Then, we need to apply our accent color(s). These are placed toward the outer corner of the eye (everywhere on the lid where you didn’t place the highlighter). You want to use a nice brush (not a sponge brush—an actual angled makeup brush), and make your strokes go upward when applying, toward the outer ridge of your eye (think cat eyes).
o The first color I use is Mary Kay’s “Virtual Violet”.
o Then I cover that with Mary Kay’s “Storm”
o Both are very dark, but I need that on my face. Light colors do not show up on me.
o Tip: If you hold a Kleenex under your bottom lid, it will catch all of the eyeshadow particles that fall from the brush. Since you’re already applied your cheeks, you don’t want to have to re-do them!
• Then, we are going to re-apply the highlighter to smooth out everything. Apply it only in the area beneath the brow and above the accent color that you just applied. I, again, use the Cover Girl in “Pink Chfn”.
• Then, to give you a little depth, we add another highlighter to the inner corner of the eye, over where we put the first highlighter.
o The color I use for this is Mary Kay “Spun Silk”.
• Next up—eyeliner. I’m an eyeliner junkie. I put it on both lids, top and bottom, pretty much all the way around. In the inner corners, you don’t want it too thick, but very very thinly, I make them meet.
o The color for this is, by far, the BEST eyeliner I have ever found—Mary Kay’s “Sable”. I just found out they are discontinuing this color, but it’s a dark brown. They should have an equivalent color coming out, but as long as it’s dark brown, I’m fine with it.
• Now, the hardest part--- the mascara. This takes me the longest to do, and I dread it!
o I use about five coats on each eye. Basic old, Wal-Mart, Maybeline brand… Curved brush, pink tube, color = blackest black. Top lashes only.
o I go back and forth between eyes as to let the first coat dry a little before applying more.
o For the bottom lashes, use WATERPROOF!!! That’s the key to NO running mascara eyes! Same thing- Maybeline, black, but WATERPROOF! It’s great!

Step 5: Finish it Off
• To finish off the eyes, I have a brow tamer. I have no idea what the official name for this is, but it keeps your brows in place. It looks like a mascara wand. And actually, I ran out of the actual tamer stuff, so I just use the wand, wet it, spray hairspray on it, and brush it over my eyebrows to help keep them in place! Works like a charm most of the time.
• To finish off the face, we gotta do LIPS!
o With such heavy makeup on the eyes, I like to downplay the lips. So, I usually use a light gloss, either with a goldish hue, or just a clear shine. Favorites right now include:
o Milani (also from Walgreens/CVS) in “Secret”
o NYC in “Cappuccino”--- now this one can come out awful metallic. I usually apply a chap stick on before and then apply this gloss- just a little of it goes a long way!
o I also picked up some samples from Merle Norman and I liked “Razzle Dazzle”--- Sometimes the entire tube is different from the sample, but I liked the sample! I topped it with “Sugar Coated” from Merle Norman.

Now, you’re done! On your way to a “deceiving all of your DIS friends that you really weren’t sweating when you were” makeup face!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #893
IcePrincess467
Love everything about WDW and I am Addicted to The Dis!!

Quote:
Wow!!! Cape Breton Island sounds AMAZING!!!!!! I would LOVE to go there some day! You sold me on it! Sounds wonderful and beautiful!

I think the puppies look cute in their clothing too!!!! It’s so funny!

Plan will be announced soon =)
Here are some pictures of my good 'ol Island

Cape Breton Island

baddeck (small town in Cape Breton...Matt & I were married there)

PS....Do you have a facebook account?

Cast: Me (28), DH (30), DS (3.5 months) WDW Honeymoon May 2005, WDW Easter Trip April 2007 , WDW 2008 17 day vacation!, Connor's First Visit to meet Mickey April 2010

Last edited by IcePrincess467; 07-23-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #894
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Great Tips...but where are the color combinations...like Blue & Red & well Black & the all Important White thats white if you can't see it....These are Important colors to the Clown!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #895
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Wow thanks Courtney, you are amazingly thorough! I will have to go and get some of the powder to play around with.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #896
kahluacream
Mouseketeer

I'm coming out!

OK... Make-up talk brought this girly-girl out of lurkdom! Thanks so much for your trip report. You were so sweet to take the effort to put together all of those make-up tips.

After reading, I went on to the Mary Kay website to look into ordering the oil stopper stuff for your nose. (So awesome for summer!) Anyway, I noticed on their website that they're looking for entries for the MaryKay "Model of Beauty" right now. You should totally enter!

Disers, don't you think Courtney could win!?

Thanks again!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #897
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluacream View Post
After reading, I went on to the Mary Kay website to look into ordering the oil stopper stuff for your nose. (So awesome for summer!) Anyway, I noticed on their website that they're looking for entries for the MaryKay "Model of Beauty" right now. You should totally enter!

Disers, don't you think Courtney could win!?

Thanks again!
Oh, that is a GREAT IDEA!!!!!

Ok, Courtney, I love you and I love your look, but those are WAY TOO MANY STEPS for little ole me. I guess I am doomed to a life of semi-beauty.

No more Merle Normans around here. I used to love their products.

Didn't know you could buy Mary Kay online - I only knew it by the pushy sales reps. lol

Lancome makes a great powder also - sounds similar to what you use. If you dampen the sponge it goes on like foundation, but I just wear it dry.

And, I totally agree that Maybelline Great Lash in the pink bottle is amazing. Started using Lancome, but will go back to the Great Lash. Can't beat the price! lol

I thought you were going to actually make a video of the steps...

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #898
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

She could definitely win! Thanks for the tips.....

~Allyson
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #899
mama2girls
Mouseketeer

i love these tr's! i learn so much and i cant wait for my trip to WDW with DH DD8 and DD6! Just 22 more days to go!!! The girls have no idea about the trip. DH and I are going to tell them when we get to the airport. So much fun! Well, back to reading now!

P.S...what beautiful pics of you and your DH!!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #900
boysmom5150
DIS Veteran

Hi Courtney
So bummed that this TR is over as I fully enjoyed every it of it(even though I only came out of lurkville and posted a few times).
Anyway glad to get some makup-tips and cant wait to read your mini-TR on your beach vacation. When do you go??And to where??

TEAM FOCKER WATCH

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: