Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #76
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

I'm excited to hear more. You'll be on the Cruise before I am. I did mention you though in my TR today.

Mandy

Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #77
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

So… after sitting on the plane for 30-minutes, we get OFF the plane, back to the terminal. El Sucko!

And we sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit…

Well, you get the picture =)

One hour passes--- meanwhile I’m freaking out because, I NEED TO GET TO DISNEY!!!!! Those Delta people just don’t get it, huh??? Nothing wrong with Delta – they had no control over it, but dangit, I needed to get to Disney!!!

So, we finally get the long awaited announcement…
“We’ll start boarding flight number 4511 headed to Atlanta.”

WAHOO! I nearly ran into that plane! Finally, we take off… However, by this time, we had missed our connecting flight in Atlanta to Orlando! The terminal worker said he had booked everyone on the next available flight to their destination, but didn’t tell us what time those flights were, what flight numbers those were, or what terminal to head to once we got to Atlanta! So, the second we hit the ground in Atlanta, I’m on my phone calling Delta… I gotta figure out where to go! I mean, where to RUN! Found out what I needed--- no luck leaving from the same terminal we landed in… We landed at 10:10- the flight they booked us on was 10:30--- across the airport!!!!!

“Hey Ryan”
“What Court?”
“RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNN”

So we RAN through that airport! And guess what???? WE MADE IT!!! As they were closing the gates no less! I literally sat in my seat on that plane and was sweating! Can you believe it, sweating before I even got to Disney--- I told you this report was going to get hot!

Pretty uneventful flight to Orlando… And we only arrived about 1.5 hours later than we should have!

We land, find Magical Express, and check in there. Now, last year’s ME line was ENOURMOUSLY long! This year, there was one person in front of us! Yippee!

Checked in, got in the POP line, and boarded a Disney Cruise Line bus… We didn’t care because WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY!!!! The bus even had the “get excited movie show” on the screens as we drove to the World.

We then pull though the “gates” of POP… “Are we there yet?????” Hehehe- any of you who’ve stayed there before have seen the sign—and that’s about how I was feeling!

We checked in at POP, our room was READY, can you believe it???? One small complaint here:
I requested a king sized, non smoking room in the preferred section (I paid for the preferred section). Well, they gave me just that—a king sized, non smoking room in the preferred section……….. ON THE FIRST FLOOR DIRECTLY NEXT TO THE POOL!!!!!!!!!! And no, those aren’t words of excitement! See, we like our sleep at night, and that pool was open till midnight! I knew this couldn’t be good! Thank goodness for the earplugs I brought! Last year at POP, we had NO problems with the thin walls—this year is a completely different story! More to come…

Anyway, besides being petrified that my luggage would not arrive, I put on a happy face (b/c after all, I WAS AT DISNEY!!!), and we headed to the POP food court… By this time, we were starved! We had already been up so long and we needed some fuel for our bellies! We had some park walkin’ to do… Don’t really remember what Ryan had to eat—maybe some chicken salad wrap thing? He said it wasn’t good, but it was edible. That boy eats anything.

I had the chicken fingers and fries (oh, p.s.- fries are my FAVORITE food ever—I could eat them every day--- and I did in Disney! That’s one reason I love Disney food! I know it’s horrible for you, but we walked SO much that I tried to burn those calories off!) After we geared up our energy, we headed to the MGM bus line!

Side note here:
The busses at POP ROCK!!!! We never ever (two years in a row) waited for longer than 10 minutes for a bus. They are AWESOME!!!!
End of side note.

Walking through the gates of MGM gives me a happy feeling! I love that place! Where did we head directly to???? You guessed it—Sunset Blvd. Well, we did stop and take our first photopass pic of the trip before we headed to Sunset--- Side note: I ordered my photopass cd, and it should arrive in 3-5 days--- so I’ll have LOTS of great pics to post when I get it. If you like pictures, you’re in the right place b/c we took a TON! End of side note.

PS- Don't be shocked- remember, my hair's black now... Was supposed to be chocolate brown--- paid the $40 --- ended up black... Black. So, we're dealing w/ it. Didn't want to pay to have it re-done, so I'll have it a bit longer till it starts growing out some more... Hope yall don't hate it =) it's a shock, I know!

We grabbed some fastpasses to RnR and rode ToT. The wait for ToT at 2:00pm was only like 30-minutes. Heck yeah! I’m standin’ in that line! I thought it would have been longer.

We're on the left in the front row....

Front row again....

So, we ride ToT and RnR… Rode Star Tours… Saw a little of the High School Musical show (does anyone know how old these kids are that are in it??? I’m so confused! I didn’t know kids worked in the parks, but they looked very young!) By this point, we were SO tired! I think the traveling, and the very early alarm clock ringing in my ear that morning added up to us being exhausted! So, what did we decide to do????

Why head to 50’s PTC, grab a spot on the sofa, and enjoy some happy drinks!

Sorry for the greasy face--- It was HOT--- and remember, I started sweating on that RUN from terminal A to C in Atlanta!

My drink of choice is chardonnay. Ryan’s is beer most of the time.

Don’t know why Ryan wouldn’t hold up his beer--- I think he thought the ugly 50’s lamp was better to pose with! He’s still cute anyway, right?

Then, since we sat for 2.5 hours (our ressie wasn’t until 6:30, and we didn’t want to check in until 6:10 or so), we started taking silly pictures!

After we checked in, we were seated in about 15-minutes.

For appetizers, I had the fried herb cheese--- let me tell you, this was MAGNIFICANT!!!!! It was so so so yummy… Ryan was a little jealous! He got the shrimp cocktail and it was just that--- cold shrimp. Mine was so Yummo!
For dinner, we stuck to what we each got last year because it was wonderful.
Ryan got the meatloaf which he LOVED.
I got the pot roast which I LOVED! The pot roast is SO wonderful. I love it ---- yum, yum, yum!

We were on the dining plan, so we still got to order dessert, but right before we could do so, one of the “aunts” who was not “our aunt” (i.e.- she wasn’t our server), was running through the restaurant…
“Courtney and Ryan???”
“Courtney and Ryan???”
“Courtney and Ryan???”
“Are yall Courtney and Ryan???”

Um—“yes, lady, I’m Courtney, and this is Ryan”
“Well, I need you to come here right now”
I’m like oh, cracker jacks—what’s going on????

We follow her through the restaurant, and who does she take us to?????

KARIBRIT!!!!!!

Loved her! Sweetest lady ever! She’s one of the DISers from our stalking thread, and YES, she succeeded in STALKING me in 50’s! Go Kari!

So, after the ceremonial switching of the LGMHs, we took our pic and visited for a few minutes.

Until I realized, “Uh-oh… Our plates are left on the table, and we haven’t even ordered dessert yet… Our “Aunt” is going to get us for that!”

We said our goodbyes, went back to our table, and you know what???? Our aunt didn’t even care. She could have been so much more in character… But the food was still good, so whatever! For dessert, I ordered smores which were wonderful again! And Ryan ordered the cobbler… Maybe he ordered the cobbler. Actually, I have no idea if he ordered the cobbler… I’m just guessing. I can’t remember, and quite frankly, I didn’t care =) I had my smores, and my wine, and I was good! I can tell you that I ate every single bite of my smores… and every single bite of my pot roast… and every single bite of my fried herb cheese. That place is amazing! I love it!

After we ate, we were due for a fastpass to ToT.

P.S.- I’m not giving the camera the bird… I’m doing the point with the thumb up!

With that, we ended our night at MGM--- First night down, four more to go! We were sleepy, so we ended a little early. We needed to rest up—tomorrow was a BIG day. Early magic hour at MK, Dinner at Coral Reef, and to the Poly for a Wishes Cruise with CrazyKanga and mandy! Oh, how fun! Stick around!
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #78
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
I'm excited to hear more. You'll be on the Cruise before I am. I did mention you though in my TR today.
I saw that!!!! That was funny--- Thank goodness I wasn't on that same Splash ride as yall!!! I've got to head over and post there too!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #79
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Oh, Courtney, you are such the southern Debutante giving personal replies and thank yous to every single person who reads your trippie. You must be a former Beauty Queen.
You know I love you. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #80
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Oh, another PS gang:
My husband loves to TAKE OVER the pictures that he's on... He is quite muscular, and when he throws those arms up, he overcomes the picture! So, I'm sorry to those of you who ever have to ride sitting behind him-- it's a fact: you won't be seen in the picture =)
Old 06-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #81
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

It's okay my next day is Epcot and that's where my story I think really starts to umm get interesting. I'll have to try and get in as much as I can before tomorrow. My nephew and brother arrive tomorrow so if any one sees me going nutty ya know why.

Mandy

Old 06-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #82
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Oh, Courtney, you are such the southern Debutante giving personal replies and thank yous to every single person who reads your trippie. You must be a former Beauty Queen.
You know I love you. Keep up the good work.
I really am trying =)
I feel so special that all of these people are reading it and I want every single one to know that I appreciate it!

I didn't realize how much time it took to write these--- I crank out one installment a day, but that takes me about an hour!

Big weekend planned?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #83
mjrich73
100% CAJUN

Just wanted to say....LOUISIANA DISers ROCK!!!
Geaux Tigers!! Geaux Saints!!!

Keep it coming Courtney...I am loving it!

P.S. - Woo Hoo they found the fridge!!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #84
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrich73 View Post
Just wanted to say....LOUISIANA DISers ROCK!!!
Geaux Tigers!! Geaux Saints!!!

Keep it coming Courtney...I am loving it!

P.S. - Woo Hoo they found the fridge!!
Did they really???? That's AWESOME!!!!! What the heck happened? PM me =)

GEAUX TIGERS and GEAUX SAINTS!
Love it!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #85
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

I just have to say I love your dark hair! It looks great.

I have never thought to take pics of the ride pics. Good thinking!

That Atlanta airport is HUGE. Good work making it to your flight on time!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #86
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandRyan View Post
That's definitely a Louisiana name, but I don't know any... Are those your relatives?

PS- Congrats on the baby! Boy or girl? Names picked out?
Yeah, that's my Mama's side of the family that lives in Louisiana!
And thank you!! It's a little boy and we're so excited! As far as names go, I really like Jacob Ryan, but I'm still looking around. Any ideas?

PS; The dark hair looks awesome on you!

Last edited by lauren_elizabeth; 06-29-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #87
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

Great TR...that sucks about waiting to take off...I flew to KY this past March and they ended up sending me to Atlanta instead of a direct flight...so i kind of know how it feels....can't wait for more!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #88
jbmom
Our underwear just gets put in the drawer with no extra attention
I've been known to prop my knife under my plate if there is something runny on it

I personally like that your dh takes over the pics, it's easier to find you that way! Great update, glad to hear good news about the Pop buses.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #89
WDWMagicGirlie
Mouseketeer

Great report so far! I am looking forward to the next installment!

1983-2013-Too Many Wonderful Trips to CountMay 2014 Summer VACAY
Old 06-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #90
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

Your hair looks great! That's a shame about your flight but I'm glad to hear that it all worked out in the end. Our vacations are always full of the unexpected and never get off to a smooth start. (and if it ever went smoothly I don't think I would know what to do with myself) When we took the kids on the Disney cruise in Feb my kids got strep throat 3 days before we left. We had to take their medicine w/us but I wanted to pack it in the suitcases before we left due to all the travel rules with liquids in carry ons. Well I gave my kids their medicine on an empty stomach at 4am before we had to leave for the airport for our 6:30am flight. (which the medicine says NOT to do) While in the security line at the airport my daughter started vomiting all over the floor. We ended up in the bathroom and she was vomiting and had an upset stomach. My husband (the calm one) took over the situation and we got on the plane. After eating a chocolate chip muffin on the plane my daughter was back to her normal self. So lesson #1 never give a child antibotics on an empty stomach!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: