Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #781
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi fellow Jersey Girl I think Leah Remini has and accent too although I'm probably more used to being from NJ. Everyone thinks everyone from any other place has and accent I guess .

Courtney I'm guessing the end of your trip isn't pleasant at all .
Hey fellow Tennessean. Enjoy your stay at Poly!

Mandy

Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #782
OrangeBlossom15
DIS Veteran

Accent ? What accent?
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #783
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Side note: Courtney and DM do have accents! End of side note...

Renée
No way! Courtney certainly does. Ryan sounds more cajun.

Renee has a big Jersey Girl accent.

And little ole me most certainly DOES NOT HAVE an accent. Case closed.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #784
mandy200587
Can find any present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post

You have a northern accent. Courtney has a southern one.

Mandy

Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #785
bentleygirl22
disney queen

I think you sound like Brittney Spears also, But with MUCH more class ..
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #786
Gina35
DIS Veteran

Courtney...Really great TR!! I have read it all & have seen the GREAT pics for the 2nd installment....looking forward to tomorrow so I can see the rest! Just want to let you know that we are DVCers...have been going to Disney for many years (1st trip was b4 we were married; we just celebrated our 33rd anniv.), and WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE MAGIC OF ANIMATION!!!! Never knew that the audience can draw; thanks so much for introducing me to it! Can't imagine my character looking anything like either of yours, but it sure will be fun to try!!
Hope you return again soon to grace us with another fabulous TR....and hope you get to return over & over again in the future as we have. You two make a beautiful couple and will have beautiful children; I don't think you'll be able to wait until (s)he is 8 to go with him or her, tho!! There's something about seeing the magic through your child's eyes!! Thanks again for the great report.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #787
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

So we left off with Magical Express picking us up for our ride to the airport… The plan was to catch a flight at 6:30 from Orlando; land in Atlanta at 8:06; depart Atlanta at 10:00 pm; arrive in Baton Rouge at 10:30 pm (time difference occurs between Atlanta and Baton Rouge--- Baton Rouge is an hour behind)…

If you were able to see and hear the video, you’ll catch toward the end that Ryan was going to work the next day… That was going to make for a tiresome day, even if we landed on time at 10:30. Because 10:30 in Baton Rouge was really like 11:30 Orlando time, the time we were used to. And we’d been up since 5 am, traveled the park all day, and were already exhausted.

Anyway- we arrive in Orlando with plenty of time to spare. The line through security was SO LONG, but we weren’t worried – our flight wasn’t scheduled to leave until 6:30. We arrived at our gate around 5:30. Since we had so much time, we decided to catch up on “the real world”- payed to use the internet on one of the little computers.

What did we search?

Well, with ½ of the time, I weeded through some emails, and quickly went to people.com to see if any good scoop was going on.

With Ryan’s ½ of the time, ESPN.

So, that took up a few minutes. Then we decided to walk around into a few of the shops. And around that time, it was 5:50. I figured we should head back to the gate since they’d probably start boarding in twenty minutes or so. Well, we sit, and sit, and sit… And then…

They post the flight as DELAYED.

Okay, no freak out yet--- Our layover in Atlanta was nearly 2 hours. We had a little time to be delayed.

It was a 30-minute delay- so we were going to now leave at 7:00.

After sitting a few more minutes, we see it’s been delayed AGAIN… now a 7:30 depart time.

There were a few other gates where we were that were also going to Atlanta, and we tried to hop those planes, but no luck. They were booked solid. No seats available. Dangit!

So, Ryan decides he’s hungry--- we head to the Outback in the airport. I grabbed a sandwich (FINALLY fixed my way – mayo, turkey and white bread only!) from a little counter and brought it to Outback where he got some type of wrap.

So, we eat, then head back to the terminal.

What do we see? Our flight’s now delayed till 8:00. Oh, great! Not good at all. I HAVE to get home tonight!!!! None of my toiletries are packed in my carry on bag—they’re all in my checked luggage! I can’t sleep in the airport! And I REFUSE to pay for a hotel room b/c of something that’s not my fault. So, what do I do?

Start crying.

Yes, in the middle of the airport. I was so upset, and tired, and gross, and ready to be home! It was horrible. So, Ryan tried to make me feel better saying things like,

“Well Court—If I were by myself, I would be really upset too b/c I’d want to be going home to see you. But at least we’re together. That makes it okay. And there’s nothing you can do- it’s out of your control, so just relax, and everything will be fine. We’re going to get home tonight.”

Well, nice thought, but it still didn’t make me feel better. I wanted to be home!

So, we sit, talking, me trying to stop crying (okay, I wasn’t bawling and making a scene, but I was doing the little sniffle, teary eyes thing), and what do we see????

The stupid flight is delayed to 8:40!

That would put us to Atlanta at 10:10---- So, we were going to miss our connecting flight, therefore not getting home tonight. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! And you know, by the time you sit on the runway waiting your turn to leave, you’re really not leaving till closer to 8:50 or 9:00.

I raced over to another gate, where they also had an Atlanta bound flight--- got in the LONG line to put my name on standby. Their flight was supposed to leave at 8:05. IF we caught that one, we’d be in Atlanta at 9:35---- enough time to RUN (yet again through the Atlanta airport) to the Baton Rouge bound flight that you just know is going to be on the opposite side of the airport.

So, I FINALLY get to the front of the line, and put our names on the list…. And then wait. And wait.

While waiting, I went to another counter with a Delta worker, but no line of people, and asked them if Atlanta had an outgoing flight to New Orleans any later than the Baton Rouge flight.

My mom was supposed to pick us up from the airport (poor thing, I felt so bad b/c IF we even made it home, it was going to be late. And I just had her on standby the entire night--- “Okay, Mom, we’re leaving at 8. Oops, no, 8:40, etc.”) and I really didn’t want to make her drive to New Orleans, but if that was the only way we were getting home, then New Orleans it was.

Luckily New Orleans had an 11:45 flight. So, if we missed our Baton Rouge flight, we could hop the New Orleans flight, and get home SUPER late, but still, get home, and get home TONIGHT.

So, we’re waiting. And they start calling names to fill the standby seats on the 8:05 Atlanta flight. They called about 10 sets of names, and it’s looking glum for us b/c I have no idea how many available seats there are.

But then I hear:

Courtney and Ryan (insert our last name here)

WAHOOO!!!!! I kid you not, I literally screamed! I was SO EXCITED! And not only did we get on the plane, but we got EXIT ROW seats--- that means LOTS of leg room!!!! And another Delta pilot sat in front of us--- so I made a friend--- asked him stupid questions like:

“Okay, what happens to our luggage??? Is it going to be on the other flight??? And if that flight misses our Baton Rouge flight, how am I going to get it??”

They said the worst case would be that it would arrive on the first Baton Rouge flight tomorrow.

So, my luggage, I can deal with getting to Baton Rouge tomorrow, but I can’t deal with ME getting to Baton Rouge tomorrow.

Anyway, we take off; it’s a pretty uneventful flight. We land, and OFF WE GO! We RACE to a completely different terminal… And when we get there, sweating, we realize that we are not scheduled to leave at 10:00 anymore… Now it’s 10:30.

Well, we were okay with that because at least we didn’t miss the flight.

The terminal that we were at also housed two other sets of passengers, attempting to get home. It was very confusing what gate was actually ours. We asked the Delta worker at the desk if we were in the correct place, and she confirmed that we were.

There were no seats available, people were spread out everywhere; some taking up two seats because they were laying down--- this aggravated me really bad. However, it appeared as though these people had been here a REALLY LONG time. We sat on the floor. In the airport. Waiting.

When all of a sudden, on the terminal screen, our flight came up, and it said “Closed” by it.

WHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT????????

Our flight is CLOSED???? We’ve been sitting here the entire time! When did they board? Oh, my goodness, were we in the wrong place????? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan, myself, and all of the other Baton Rouge bound passengers nearly had a throw down with the Delta reps… We swarmed their desk… And they say:

“It’s not closed. We haven’t even boarded yet. I don’t know why it says that.”

Okay, great, but fix the stupid screen b/c you’re really freaking everyone out!

While waiting, several of the other passengers waiting were heading to South Carolina (I believe that’s where it was headed). Their flight kept getting delayed too.

There were several people we observed--- one mother with her five children. The desk attendants were trying to get her on a flight home. Her flight was delayed, and she was on standby for another flight. They called her name to board her as standby on a flight about to leave, and when she walked up to the counter, they told her they only had two available seats. So, she couldn’t take them. She stood at that counter for 30-minutes trying to see what they could do to get her home. And two of her young sons kept coming up to her asking “Mommy, when can we leave?”

And she was so patient. And calm. And I really really had respect for the way she was acting. And her kids were being so good. I think she raised them right because they were not acting up, they were quiet, they listened to her when she told them to go sit back down.

The lady reminded me of Princess Diana. She had that “look” and just looked like someone who was respected.

As we’re watching her, we see that our flight gets delayed to 11:20.

And then we hear an announcement:

“Attention Ladies and Gentleman, the flight to South Carolina (insert city here because I can’t remember) has been cancelled.”

Oh, no!

Poor thing. They did put her up into a hotel for the night and booked her on the first flight in the morning. And with that, we saw her gather her children, and head out of the airport. So sad.

We also saw a soldier in his camo immediately get on his cell phone. Here’s how the conversation went (remember, I could only hear his side):

“Hey, Mom. My flight just got cancelled.”
“Oh, don’t worry, I’m getting home tonight.”
“Yes, I’ll find a way. I’m coming home.”
“I promise, Mom. Don’t worry. I love you.”
“I’ll see you soon.”

Oh—it was so sweet. I wanted to cry for him. I know he wanted to be home so bad. And I’m sure his poor little mother wanted to see her son too.

Then, we saw our Mayor- the mayor of Baton Rouge. He went to the desk and asked to speak to a manager. When the manager arrived, he had a nice little conversation with him about who he was, how he had to get home, and how ridiculous this was. Apparently he goes though Atlanta all too often, and this happens quite a bit.

Then… Our flight got delayed to 12:40… Oh, my goodness, it was getting later and later--- So I called Mother again, and gave her an update. Poor thing—she wasn’t going to sleep b/c she had no clue what time we’d make it home.

But I felt a little more confident about our flight actually taking off at some point, because the mayor was on our flight, and they weren’t about to cancel his flight… but if they kept pushing back our depart time, who knows what time we would actually get home.

So we sat and waited. Forever. On the floor. In the airport. And waited. And waited.

And finally, they called us to board our plane. I thought this moment would never come!

We boarded our itty bitty plane, found our spot on the runway, and took off. And then landed in Baton Rouge at 1:20 AM--- which Orlando time was 2:20 AM, and we’d been up since 5 AM the day before.

We were slightly tired, but we were HOME!

And I was SO worried about our luggage! I am always petrified that it will not arrive with me. And that it will get lost.

But, you know what? It was there. With us. In Baton Rouge!

We got our bags, and met Mother and Maddie at the front of the airport.

And after dropping her off, we were home. Home sweet home. It’s never felt so good to be home! So, after starting a load of laundry, then a quick shower, we crashed in our bed, closed our eyes, and dreamed of the next time we’d get to go to Disney.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #788
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

And to close out the TR, before the make-up tips, here's a word of thanks:
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #789
mandy200587
Can find any present!

I have one thing say, darn that Atlanta airport.

Mandy

Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #790
apirateslife4evr
Holla ya'll!!

OMG Courtney......you are just too darn CUTE !!!!!

I loved your video.....and yes, to us NORTHERN'RS.....you have an "accent" girrrl......but I just luv it !! When I lived down south, I developed the "talk" to, and it totally confused my family. My speech pattern adapts to what region I'm in, I guess....

I am waiting for those makeup tips........
Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #791
mickyfan1
Earning My Ears

Courtney that was just an awesome trip report I am so sorry to see it end however I am glad you made it home. Did Ryan make it to work the next day?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #792
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post

"Big Jersey Girl" accent?????!!! BIG??? "fraid not!
Courtney... help me out here... am I BIG?????!!!

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #793
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Super cute video Courtney! And for the record - yes - you do have an accent! Love it!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #794
Gina35
DIS Veteran

Don't know what's wrong with my computer, but I can't hear either of your videos!! When my son-in-law comes over, he'll have to show me how to fix it!
Anyway, so sorry to hear that you had to go through ALL THAT to get home!
I can FEEL how upset you were, but at least you did get home that night. Poor Ryan must have been exhausted in work! Also so sorry that your TR is just about over. It has kept me entertained for many hours. Thanks for taking the time to be so detailed and to include so many pics. You're a great writer!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #795
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to see your TR end but hopefully you will make it back soon. It was fun to read and your photos are great too. Glad you and Ryan finally got home safely. You have and accent but I would not call it country at all. More like southern belle. I have heard some country around here accents, let me tell you. Thank you for writing and entertaining trip report!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: