Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 AM   #61
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I love your house your bed is gorgeous

So did you get to Orlando?????
Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 AM   #62
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Courtney....I am always amazed at people who try to plan a wedding and close on a house all within the same week and they are all stressed out You're story kind of reminded me of that. Glad everything worked out and you're all moved in...its a beautiful house! What does Maddie think of it? Is the backyard fenced in for her? Do you have a pool?

Wow, I can't believe the delay. One time I was flying to Florida and our plane was struck by lightning. We had to land in Atlanta and they had no idea how they were going to get us to Florida. We ended up being there most of the day and they finally found a plane for us.

Can't wait to hear more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #63
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Hi Courtney!
I must say Maddie is just the cutiest thing!! And your house! OMG just beautiful! I was the same way when we bought our first house too! We just knew this was our house!

Great TR! Can't wait to here more!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #64
LouDisney
DIS Veteran

Courtney, I am from B'ham, born and raised. I lived in NOLA for a couple of years. I have been going to NOLA all my life...since I was a little girl (my mom had friends that lived there), SO NOLA has always been my second home and my home at one time. I still consider it home...very much so.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:29 AM   #65
SavvyMom
It's my gig, what can I say

I'm sorry you got stuck at the airport. We are so lucky to live within driving distance of Orlando. 3 1/2 hours and we're there! It does seem to take longer to get there than it does to get back . Congratulations on your beautiful house! Give Maddie a kiss for me.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #66
jbmom
Our underwear just gets put in the drawer with no extra attention
I've been known to prop my knife under my plate if there is something runny on it

I just found your trip report and it's great! I can't wait to read more.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #67
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Great TR! You are adorable, I love all the pics.
Congrats on the house, it is beautiful!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #68
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

Hello! Great Trip report so far! Your house is beautiful! I went to Disney with my husband (in 1997) the year before we got married and he had also only been there once. We had the time of our lives and I'm happy we experienced it together before our children came along. Now we have a 4 year old daughter and a 6 year old son and we go to Disney every year. This June my husband and I got to go to Disney for a long weekend, just the two of us and we are going again just the two of us in Aug (for another long weekend) but not doing any parks. We hang by the pool and enjoy some nice dinners just the two of us.
I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Our family on our Feb 2007 Disney Cruise
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #69
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Thanks for writing a report. Reading them helps me me ready for our trip.

ps. That was a nice t-shirt your dh had on. The one with CANADA in big red letters on the front.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #70
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Courtney, I just found your TR and I absolutely LOVE it! You and Ryan are ADORABLE! I am so happy for you that you found your dream home! You have beautiful taste! Maddie is so cute! Looking forward to reading more! Hope you didn't have to wait too long at the airport!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #71
ObsessedwithWDW
Mouseketeer-Trip Planner with a PASSION

Love it

love your new house the pictures are awesome. it def. qualifies as a dream home. can't wait for the next installment.

Miss Madelyn Elizabeth 12/30/05
BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!! My Sunshine!

Poly and The Disney Golf Resort Growing Up. 1996 Dixie Landings 1997 PO French Quarter 1998 COLLEGE PROGRAM 1999 Coronado Springs
2001 PO French Quarter 2002 PO French Quarter
2003 OFF PROPERTY HONEYMOON 2004 All Star Music 2006 GOING TO CORONADO SPRINGS!!!!! Baby's 1st Trip to WDW September 2006! PLANNING APRIL 27th-May 4th 2008 POLY HERE WE COME!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #72
happyindisney
if I'm not there...I'm unhappy

I love your house!! It's beautiful! We just closed on our house June 1! I don't see how you already have so much unpacked and decorate!!! We still have boxes everywhere.

When did you make it to Orlando??? Can't wait to hear more!

March 2007 - SSR
December 2006 - POP
August 2006 - POFQ
November 2005 - POFQ
April 2005 - ASM
Others when we were younger

Over 100 trips since we moved!!!!! We try to go at least once a week!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #73
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Subscribing, love what you wrote so far. Your new home is beautiful. Sorry you got stuck at the airport, how awful. I know you feel with recital week craziness as we go through that every year with DD7 since she was 3 years old. She takes Ballet, Tap and Jazz and it is alot of work that week with costumes and practicing and then finally the recital. Sure glad to have a short break from that. Anyway looking forward to rest of your trip report. You are such a cute couple.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #74
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Courtney, do you know any LaPlantes?
That's definitely a Louisiana name, but I don't know any... Are those your relatives?

PS- Congrats on the baby! Boy or girl? Names picked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
Your house is gorgeous. I swore when we bought this house that is a pain I will never put myself through again. I hated that gut wrenching feeling I had to carry until closing day. I am in this house for life, I refuse to sell or buy another one.

Ya know, I have never been stuck in an airport or had plans change on me, miss a flight, got delayed. (Knock on wood) The airport Gods are on my side. I feel bad that you got delayed, I can't wait to hear how it turns out.
Thank you so much! It is such a pain to buy/sell/move. All of it-- PAIN! I'm in this house for a while! It'll take us years to outgrow it. We went from 1275 sq. feet to this one being 2106... So, we are enjoying the extra space-- but I'm sure in a few years we'll outgrow it, but I'm certainly enjoying being settled for now!

Can you rub some of that airport pixie dust on me please???? I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I love your house your bed is gorgeous
So did you get to Orlando?????
Thank you so much! Did we get there???? Hum.... Coming right up in my next post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Courtney....I am always amazed at people who try to plan a wedding and close on a house all within the same week and they are all stressed out You're story kind of reminded me of that. Glad everything worked out and you're all moved in...its a beautiful house! What does Maddie think of it? Is the backyard fenced in for her? Do you have a pool?

Wow, I can't believe the delay. One time I was flying to Florida and our plane was struck by lightning. We had to land in Atlanta and they had no idea how they were going to get us to Florida. We ended up being there most of the day and they finally found a plane for us.

Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you! I'm so glad I didn't have a nervous breakdown from the month of May to June! It was very stressful! Maddie did not like it at first... She was very unsure. She's just like me... Nervous. Garbage truck days, you'd think the world was ending. She sits and shakes. She hates that noise. I'm like "Maddie- since when had the garbage truck gotten you???" Never, she just freaks out! But, now, she's adjusted quite well! She did jump off the bed one day and hurt her arm b/c she slid on the wood floors which she wasn't used to. She hasn't done that again! The yard is fenced, but we don't have a pool... I think we'll do a patio of some sort back there--- it's a pretty good size in the back!

And OMGracious- how scary! I can't believe your plane got struck with lightening! That would have been the end of flying for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Hi Courtney!
I must say Maddie is just the cutiest thing!! And your house! OMG just beautiful! I was the same way when we bought our first house too! We just knew this was our house!

Great TR! Can't wait to here more!
Thank you so much! We love Maddie too -- and the house =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
Courtney, I am from B'ham, born and raised. I lived in NOLA for a couple of years. I have been going to NOLA all my life...since I was a little girl (my mom had friends that lived there), SO NOLA has always been my second home and my home at one time. I still consider it home...very much so.
Do you go to NOLA for Mardi Gras? It gets kinda wild-- that's the time I actually try to stay away =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvyMom View Post
I'm sorry you got stuck at the airport. We are so lucky to live within driving distance of Orlando. 3 1/2 hours and we're there! It does seem to take longer to get there than it does to get back . Congratulations on your beautiful house! Give Maddie a kiss for me.
Can you say JEALOUS???? How awesome! Do you have an annual pass?
I'll give Maddie a kiss for you right now =)
Old 06-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #75
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmom View Post
I just found your trip report and it's great! I can't wait to read more.
Thanks for joining Rebecca! More to come in a few minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Great TR! You are adorable, I love all the pics.
Congrats on the house, it is beautiful!
Thanks so much! I'll have a lot more pics to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
Hello! Great Trip report so far! Your house is beautiful! I went to Disney with my husband (in 1997) the year before we got married and he had also only been there once. We had the time of our lives and I'm happy we experienced it together before our children came along.
OMGoodness-- you and your family are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Precious children!
August will be here so soon--- you are going to have such a wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Thanks for writing a report. Reading them helps me me ready for our trip.

ps. That was a nice t-shirt your dh had on. The one with CANADA in big red letters on the front.
I'm so glad you are enjoying it! Reading other people's helped plan mine so much... I hope some of the things that I write about will help you too!
I'll tell Ryan you liked his shirt... I don't even know where he got that from, but of course, everyone thought we were from Canada! I'm like, not even close... Hear me talk and you'll know we are from way further south!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Courtney, I just found your TR and I absolutely LOVE it! You and Ryan are ADORABLE! I am so happy for you that you found your dream home! You have beautiful taste! Maddie is so cute! Looking forward to reading more! Hope you didn't have to wait too long at the airport!
Thanks so much! Thanks thanks thanks! Such sweet comments! I'm so glad you are here reading! More to come very very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwithWDW View Post
love your new house the pictures are awesome. it def. qualifies as a dream home. can't wait for the next installment.
Thanks so much! It's so hard to take pictures of a house... It looks different than it does with the 360 view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyindisney View Post
I love your house!! It's beautiful! We just closed on our house June 1! I don't see how you already have so much unpacked and decorate!!! We still have boxes everywhere.

When did you make it to Orlando??? Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you so much! Wow- You've been going through the same thing then! Congrats! Oh, and we still have boxes too- they're just in the closets =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Subscribing, love what you wrote so far. Your new home is beautiful. Sorry you got stuck at the airport, how awful. I know you feel with recital week craziness as we go through that every year with DD7 since she was 3 years old. She takes Ballet, Tap and Jazz and it is alot of work that week with costumes and practicing and then finally the recital. Sure glad to have a short break from that. Anyway looking forward to rest of your trip report. You are such a cute couple.
Thank you so much! Recitals are crazy, but they are so much fun! I'm actually glad we're on a break now-- but only till mid-august! But it's nice to be able to go home and do stuff around the house!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: