Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #721
allie&mattsmom
Mouseketeer
I am Jakes favorite, hands down
I can't say I've ever seen an inflatable "deflated"

Hi Courtney! Wow, you make this hard cuz they're both so good but if you're gonna make me pick I'll have to go with the Right one. As far as a prize, hmmm, how about the loser takes the winner out for a nice romantic night of dinner and drinks?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #722
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi100 View Post
I'd say right. The winner should get to plan the next WDW trip - time, resort, meals, etc.
I say right too!! And this was exactly my idea of what the winner should get!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)2014 (June-BCV/Dec-THV)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #723
withay
Mouseketeer

i like the right one better!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #724
alabamagirl
I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first DOLE WHIP I see tonight

The RIGHT one!!!!

I have enjoyed your trip report so much!! Mostly because I can relate to you and Ryan. DH and I are almost the same age as you guys, no kids, but two dogs that we treat like kids or maybe even better!!

We live in the south (Alabama, Roll Tide!!!) and I work for a university. It is great seeing how much fun you guys had together at WDW, we are going on our first trip together in December. I hope that I can get DH as enthused (sp?) as Ryan was on your trip. He can be a party pooper at times...

I Maddie. Adorable. I have a Yorkie and a Beagle that I .

Anyway, I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #725
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Courtney you so know how to get people to post don't you 6 pages in 24 hours I vote for the one on the Right but they're both really good
Old 07-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #726
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I vote for the Left one.

As for the prize...I say a back rub each night for a week.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #727
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!! So many votes!!!!! Thank you all SO much for your participation! I hope you don’t get offended if I don’t respond to every single vote like I normally respond to every post, because there are so many!!!! I am SO IMPRESSED with yall!!!! WOW!!!! Go team!

I do have a few responses to a few of the longer posts with votes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysmom5150 View Post
Hi Courtney
I am a lurker and have been following along on this great ride.
You should be proud of yourself as this was a great TR. You are so polite and courteous to everyone and you respond to everyone as well. I wish you could post a video of you talking so we can hear your cute voice and accent. I have to let you know that you look like a very pretty Brittany Spears(when she is having a great day) and Ryan looks a little like Nick Lachey to me.
Anyway looking forward to whats left of this report and
MY VOTE IS FOR THE RIGHT ONE.
Wow! Thanks so much for coming out of lurkesville!!!! I’m so excited that you are here! Thank you so much for enjoying my TR… It’s a very very fun thing to do, but very time consuming. It makes it all worth it since so many people have enjoyed it! Thank you so much for reading and posting, and for your nice comments.

I seriously will have to see if I can post a video! Let me research that tonight. I think Britany is BEAUTIFUL (back in her earlier days), so if you think I look like her, then WAHOO!!!!! I’ve always thought she was very pretty! And she’s from right down the road (from Louisiana) too!

Oh…. And I think Nick Lachey is TOTALLY HOT!!!!! I’ve been told that Ryan looks like him too--- And he’s gotten Freddy Prince, Jr. too… Hum… I can handle that =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aepecoraro View Post
Lurker Coming Out To Vote!! I vote for the right one.
Yay!!!! So glad you’re here posting!!!! Lurker no more!!!! Thanks for reading and posting!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Okay, I have to say..... LEFT just because I like that he's not perfect and his neck isnt straight.

Prize: Dinner cooked and the winners favorite luxury. Like if you win, bubble bath with candles & wine. If Ryan wins you have to wash his car or mow the lawn while he sits back and drinks a beer LOL

GOOD LUCK
OHHH--- I LOVE the picture in your siggie!!!! Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
My DD(10) loves the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. But I have never been I am usually with the boys & DisneyMom goes with the Girls Now I am going to have to go on it!!!!!

Love The Magic of Disney Animation- you are so lucky they are never drawing when we go

My Vote is for the one on the....Right Now I will say both are better than I could ever do! so whomever wins deserves a Back massage or Foot massage & 2 Glasses of Wine because with a Massage there are No Losers!!!
Yes, you have to go on Voyage of the Little Mermaid!!!! It’s funny how different it is! And wet!

Very true about the massage! No losers there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcatshelby View Post
Hi Courtney,
Still enjoying the trip report! Thanks for sharing it all with us My vote is for the LEFT one, but my DS came by and said he liked the Right one better. For a prize, how about a back rub instead of a foot rub. Feet kind of gross me out, I don't know why. Just a thought, but good luck, I hope you win
So, I guess that’s one vote left, one vote right! Feet gross me out too, don’t worry… But Ryan’s feet are okay--- at least after he’s taken a shower =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Coming out of lurkdom to vote for the RIGHT one!

Love the photos - you guys are just too cute together!
Yay!!!! Lurk no more!!!! So glad you’re here reading, posting, and voting!!!! Thank you so much for your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
I am voting on for the Donald on the right.

Both are good but according to the picture, Ryan is left handed and the Donald on the left looks like it was drawn by a leftie and since Ryan put the hat back on and covered up his hair - in good conscience I can only vote for the Donald on the right.

Does that make any sense????
Ohhh—interesting analysis! Love that you thought it out so much! Okay, you’re about to find out if you are right! Keep reading…

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
My vote would be for yours Courtney.

Very suave! Like it! Good choice =)
Old 07-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #728
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
We never did this before either... Now i really want to make sure we do it next year... I hope my son will sit thru it!

Anyway, as for your votes... I think they are both great but Im voting for the left one.... I also just showed my DH (he shouldnt count) but he said the right one...
As for the prize.... I think the winner should sit back for a whole day & do whatever she/he wants w/o any questions from the other.... also the Losing person should make Maddie a Donald Duck outfit.
Yes, you definitely should do it! Hopefully your son will like it enough to sit through it--- Maybe he’ll just be entertained and draw his own pictures!

I think Maddie would look great in a Donald outfit =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
I say RIGHT - because Donald is a duck and his neck on the left looks a little too much like a chicken..

Prize? Hmmm... a weekend for two in New Jersey for a visit?!

Renée
So funny!!!! I never noticed that neck before, but that’s very true! Especially when you compare them to each other!

Yes--- Weekend trip to NJ!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret01 View Post
I loke them both the but I vote for the right one. It looks like a real artist drew it as there is not just one line on parts of it...if you know what I mean...it looks like a sketch like the disney artists do from scratch
Totally know what you mean! Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella813 View Post
My vote is for the one on the right. Also Courtney your tr is great. I loved the pictures.
Thank you so much! So glad you’re enjoying the pictures and the TR! Thanks for reading and posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m11dolphin View Post
I like the one on the leftbut my 6 year old likes the one on the right. when asked what the person should win, "he said since they both did a good job noone should win but the loser should have to clean up the dog poop since they have a dog"
Can you tell what his chore is??
Great pictures both of you!!!
I seriously laughed out loud at that one!!!!! That’s classic! I love comments from children! So precious, and tell him, I think cleaning poop is a good idea =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejack02 View Post
Right one, and if you win... shopping trip to the Royal Standard If its Ryan he gets to go to Starksville for the game with his friends

Geaux Tigers !!!
Ahhh--- very very good prizes! Love it! But, even if I don’t win, I’m still going to the Royal Standard =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
I say the right one too.

Now, how did I miss this taking a picture of a picture on the rides, I wish I would have done that...I thought you sure had spent a lot of money on ride photos !!
Heck no, girl! I didn’t buy one single picture! I rednecked it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI mom of 3 View Post
I like the one on the left. Loving the trip report!! You guys are too cute!
Thanks so much! So glad you’re here reading! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
I vote for Courtney's! Which I am guessing is the right one.
Love that you are voting for me!!!! You’re about to find out who’s is who…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post
Awesome TR....I just found this one today and loved reading every minute of the TR. I would vote for the Left one.
Yay!!! So glad you found my TR!!!!! Sorry you couldn’t see a bunch of the pictures, but on Friday, they should be viewable again! Thanks so much for reading, enjoying and posting!!!! Glad you’re here!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #729
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
I am voting RIGHT!!!
Courtney, another great installment and pics. I am just now getting caught up. Glad I did not miss out on the voting.
Glad you didn’t miss out on voting either!!!!! Yay! Thanks for sticking with me and continuing to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I vote for the one on the right. Great installment, by the way!

Denise
Thanks Denise! Glad you are still enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Right.

Its so funny, for the past week, the minute I see you've done another installment, thats my cue to run up to the kitchen, get my cup of tea and crackers and cheese all in one snack and run down! Its Courtney and Ryan time! And its Mom time on the computer, I get that less and less when its summer and wow have I been enjoying this report! And um YEA we want a beach report, why of course!
Awww, that’s seriously SO nice of you to say! That makes me feel so good--- all warm and fuzzy =) I am really excited that you are enjoying it that much. I really had no idea what to expect when I started writing this--- I’m so glad it’s been so well received! Thank you, thank you, thank you--- that means a lot to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11dog View Post
It appears that I am in the minority, but my vote is LEFT! Why, because Donald Duck is a wacky character and he would never be just standing up straight. They are both very good but the one on the left captures his personality better for me.

I say the winner should get to something from the loser that they would not normally like to do. I don't know what that is for you and Ryan. But for my husband and I it would be having to be the one to get up during the LSU Football game to brave the concession line. I know it sounds silly, but whenever we can borrow my dad's tickets it is a treat and neither of us likes to leave our seats.
I agree that Donald is wacky, and the left one captures more of his personality--- I definitely agree with you!

Ohhh--- good idea about the concession line!!!! Usually Ryan’s the one who does that b/c I actually LIKE to watch halftime—so he’ll head out to get a coke and some m&ms or something… Great idea! B/c what if one of us gets thirsty DURING the game--- Loser has to go get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
right one!
I had to go back,I was confused as to what everyone was saying the right or left one for. I thought maybe we were voting on what hair color you should do next!
Hahahaha--- that made me laugh too!

Actually- we can start a poll on that when the TR is over--- I have an appt for my hair in three weeks! And seriously, I’m up in the air about what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky's Mama View Post
Loving your report!!

I say RIGHT
Thanks so much! Glad you’re enjoying the read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
I vote . . . RIGHT. The left neck is freakishly thin!!!!!

I love Voyage of the Little Mermaid!!! Did you do "Walt - One Mans Dream"? Its a great place for an after lunch nap!!!!!!!
I agree about that left neck! Really thin!!! We didn’t do One Man’s Dream… Oh, I love naps! I’ll have to try it next time =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
I vote for the one on the right!

How about maid for a day, in the nude!!!!

This is thinking your is on the right Courtney!!
Ohhhh---- Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
I don't want you to end your TR Courtney. It's so good! Now on a happier note when is your next trip so I can get a ticker in my siggy that says "xxx days until Courtney's next trip and amazing TR".
Awww--- that made me laugh Allie! That would be hilarious! I could only imagine if other people’s signatures had tickers to my next TR… That’s seriously so funny! I love it!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #730
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
First of all since Donald is my favorite, I was very excited to see that he was the character that you got to draw. I am really hoping that he is the one we get when I am there. If not might have to stay and keep drawing characters till her comes up.

Back to the voting. The angle on the left looks a little more like his characteristics and the hat is a little better. The one on the right is good, but the features on the left are standing out a little more for me.

LEFT SIDE DONALD

Oh—I hope you get to draw him too! Especially b/c you like him so much!!! And, I think you should keep doing it over and over until he comes up b/c it’s SO FUN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnrok23 View Post
Can I vote for the left from the top of the beak up, and the right for the bottom of the beack down?

If I HAD to choose, I guess I would vote for the left

PS- I took a photo of the back of our phtotpass card and Scilla made fun of me for doing it, but if a cm could have possible confused our card, I would know right away if it was mine or not (not to mention if it somehow got lost)

Anyway I want you to know I have been reading your trip report, I just haven't had the time to read all the post to keep up with any conversations going on
Hey Rags! I’ve been wondering where you’ve been… And I think it’s an EXCELLENT idea that you took a picture of the back of your card!!! I WISH I would have done that – didn’t even think of it- especially b/c of the possible mix up.

Okay- Everyone reading--- TAKE A PICTURE OF THE BACK OF YOUR PHOTOPASS CARD- Just in case there’s a mix up. Or in case it’s lost! GREAT IDEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
We just love the drawing at the Animation tour, too!

Both are really, really good...but I'm leaning towards the LEFT one - I just like his mouth better.
I agree- I like the mouth on the left MUCH better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl mom of 2 girls View Post
Ok, coming out of lurkerdom.
I am voting for the right, but both were great!
I loved your trip report. It was so much fun reading.
Yay!!!! Thanks so much for coming out of lurkerdom!!!!! So glad you’ve enjoyed reading! I’m so glad that you posted too!!!! Thank you so much for reading!!! So glad you’re here- you’re going to LOVE the DIS!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #731
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Rags - I'm with you - the left one's neck is too "chicken like" for me... LOL (Sorry, Ryan!! lol)
Now, how do you know that one belongs to Ryan????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyRulz View Post
I'm going to come out of the shadows. I like the one on the right. By the by, I've very much enjoyed your TR. I can't wait to see how it ends.
Yay!!!! Love that you’re not in the shadows anymore!!!! Thanks so much for voting, and I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed reading!!!! Yes, the ending is adventurous to say the least!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineeme22 View Post
They are both really really good. I had to look at it a few times, but I would say the left, it reminds me on when Donald is having a freak out, how he is tilted.

I have a GREAT IDEA! How about Courtney & Ryan plan another trip back, so we can have another trip report ASAP. Who else thinks this is a fabulous idea, say I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamagirl View Post
The RIGHT one!!!!

I have enjoyed your trip report so much!! Mostly because I can relate to you and Ryan. DH and I are almost the same age as you guys, no kids, but two dogs that we treat like kids or maybe even better!!

We live in the south (Alabama, Roll Tide!!!) and I work for a university. It is great seeing how much fun you guys had together at WDW, we are going on our first trip together in December. I hope that I can get DH as enthused (sp?) as Ryan was on your trip. He can be a party pooper at times...

I Maddie. Adorable. I have a Yorkie and a Beagle that I .

Anyway, I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Oh my goodess—yall are SO like us! I can relate, for sure! I just know once your DH walks through those gates with you, it will be amazing… Trust me! It’s the BEST to go with your favorite person in the world for the very first time- just the two of you! It’s going to be fabulous!!!!

Thanks so much for reading, posing, voting, enjoying, and for your nice comments!!!! So glad you’re here reading!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #732
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

So, which one did you vote for? Did your person win????

Score:
Donald on Left = 29
Donald on Right = 60

So, we’ve established that the RIGHT Donald wins, right?????

Now, who’s is who?????

Well, the RIGHT Donald belongs to:

S

C

R

O

O

L

D

O

W

N

F

O

R

T

H

E

A

N

S

W

E

R

A
K
A

T

H

E

W

I

N

N

E

R

I

S

Therefore, the big ‘ole fat LOSER is:

Awww, poor Ryan! He lost, but he’s a good loser I guess! Maybe he won’t be when he finds out what he’s going to have to do for me….

Hum, will it be-
House work for a month???
Dinner and a movie???
Pull weeds all summer long????
Christmas trip to WDW????
Wash the other’s car?????
Mow the lawn while getting laughed at by the other enjoying their drink of choice????
Back rub????
One year worth of house cleaning???
Breakfast in bed????
Dinner at a favorite restaurant???
Weekend trip to NJ????
Foot massage????
Regular massage???
Hour long bath with bubbles and wine????
Shopping trip to the Royal Standard????
Away game for LSU in Starksville???
DVC????
Name in lights… Big BOLD LETTERS????
Concession stand run at LSU games????
Gift card to their favorite store????
Doing the dishes?????
Maid for a day?????
Out to dinner Saturday nights???
Or maybe a $500 shopping spree?????

Truthfully, I won’t get any of these! Well, it’s pretty routine that I get my bubble bath with wine, so I’ll go with that one =)

And I’ll give myself the name in lights:

So, that was fun wasn’t it???? Loved that you could help establish a winner! For the record, my entire family voted on the Donald on the RIGHT! Yep, that’s my Donald! And I told them AFTER they voted… Ryan got zero votes—Poor husband! But truthfully, I think his is better than mine… It just looks better to me.

Anyway, after our fun spent at the Magic of Disney Animation, we walked around a bit and then grabbed lunch. Couldn’t tell you where--- I totally forgot =) But I had one of those turkey sandwich thingies messed up with a whole bunch of things other than mayo and bread! But I did enjoy the French fries!

After lunch, we used up our last fastpass of the trip--- another visit to RnR Coaster. Notice I’m showing Peterbilt to the camera! I was so sick of that hat by then I should have accidentally dropped it mid ride!

After our last ride of the trip, we had a little time to roam around MGM before heading back to POP to catch Magical Express back to the airport. Ryan really wanted to do the Great Movie Ride. We did it last year and had yet to ride this year. We don’t LOVE that ride, but we like it enough to do it once per trip. Well, we head over there, and the wait is 45 minutes… I look at Ryan:

“Ryan, do you REALLY want to stand in this line?”
“Well, what else are we going to do?”
“I don’t know, we’ll find something, but this is a REALLY long wait for the Great Movie Ride!”
“Well, I don’t know what else we can do.”
“Okay, Ryan, if you REALLY want to ride, then we can.”
Insert Ryan’s puppy dog eyes here
“Okay”

So, we proceed to stand in the 45-MINUTE line! Which really was more like an hour. It was SO long! I’m just glad that it didn’t break down when we were on it. I’ve heard horror stories about people who are stuck on it for an hour! That would be horrible!

After we walked off the ride, we looked at our watch, and SADLY decided it was time to head toward the front gates and back to POP.

As we were taking the dreaded walk out, I stopped for one last bit of fun…

That’s right, a MICKEY BAR!!!! I’ve never had one before, and I figured now was as good of a time than any. And truthfully, I’m really glad I got it, but it wasn’t that good. I much rather a crunch bar with the little crispys in it. But, it was good. Once I took that first bite, it started falling apart, so it was really hard to eat… Not a good day to wear a white shirt! And I ended up wearing this white shirt for A LOT longer than I expected due to the adventurous attempt to get home.

As we were reaching the front, we saw one last photopass opportunity, so we took a stop.

And with that, we said “Goodbye” to MGM and Disney.

We headed to the bus stop and caught the first bus to POP.

We sat in the food court (since we had already checked out of our room) and rested until Magical Express picked us up.

Off to the airport… The plan was to catch a flight at 6:30 from Orlando; land in Atlanta at 8:06; depart Atlanta at 10:00 pm; arrive in Baton Rouge at 10:30 pm (time difference occurs between Atlanta and Baton Rouge--- Baton Rouge is an hour behind)…

Let’s see how this all pans out, because I PROMISE you, we do not arrive in Baton Rouge at 10:30 pm--- FAR from it!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #733
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Maaaan, yall just had all the luck in the world with AIRPLANES this trip, didn't you?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #734
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

uh oh..... those dang delays are the WORST! We hit them going down and coming home, too! yuck yuck yuck!! Anxiously awaiting the next update!!

You didn't do "One Man's Dream"??? Oh, Courtney!!! I cry every time I see it. Julie Andrews narrates it, which is an added bonus for Dana & I!

It just chokes me up - he was such a visionary!

I got the same way with the "Milton Hershey" movie at HersheyPark... I'm just such a sucker for sappy stories...

Seriously - I love those two men!!!

And, see that, I KNEW Ryan drew that skinny neck Donald!!
Let me know when you want to book the "weekend in New Jersey"....

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #735
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Yeah me! I picked the right one!

Oh no....far from the 10:30pm arrival time!?!?!? That is so NOT fun! I am dreading that on our return trip from the World. If it were DH and I alone it wouldn't be too bad, but we are traveling with an 8 and 5 year old!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: