Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #451
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Oh poor you being sick but I can't believe how much went through your head whilst in the bathroom Well done on the SF
Old 07-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #452
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

So sorry you got sick. That sux. At least it was a speedy recovery, and it gave you the nerve to shut down those obnoxious people next door! You go girl!
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #453
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Hey gang!

Quick update-
I'm working on my next installment now. Have to create a new photobucket acct. b/c my other one's about to crash. Apparently the pictures that I've loaded have to many views or something-- -I really don't get it... But I'm having to re-load my new pictures onto my new acct. so it'll be a little bit... I really hope to post part of our day in a little bit!

Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #454
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw Court! I'm sorry you were sick! I would've replied sooner but my birthday was yesterday! Anyways, I know how it feels to be sick on vacation. I actually threw up in line for the Safari at AK. We were staying at the Contemporary and I thought it was the longest bus ride back there ever!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #455
babieemelly
DIS Veteran

The same thing happened to my Photobucket account a few years ago. I hope you get it all worked out, Courntey. I can't wait for some new updates!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #456
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

After we woke up for our last FULL day at Disney (don’t worry, we still get tonight and tomorrow- our last day since we didn’t leave till 2:00 pm), we got dressed, and while Ryan hit the POP food court for the daily bagel, I hit the front desk. I finally had to do something about S.F. next door.

I walked up and asked to speak to a manager. Told him the situation. Let him know that I understood we were by the pool, and noise is to be expected there, but the neighbors were unacceptable. I told him about the past four nights – the 2am and 3am noise fests they were having. I don’t know what I was striving to accomplish, because I knew I wasn’t going to get any kind of refund, but I guess I just wanted them to know about it, and possibly confront S.F. They needed to know that they sucked as neighbors!

The manager told me that I should have called earlier in the week, and they could have switched our room. They also said that I could have called at 2am and 3am, and they would have sent security to their room. Well, at 2am and 3am, my brain is not exactly thinking,
“Hey Courtney- Pick up the phone and call security.”

No- my brain was thinking,
“Why don’t these stupid people just shut their mouths and go to sleep like the rest of the world is doing right now! AGGG!!!!”

At that point, I asked him if he could check and see when their checkout date was- I gave him their room number and he looked it up. Well, they were checking out today.

Lovely.

GREAT, FINALLY! They’re leaving!!!! Going home- wherever that may be, but no longer connected to my room!!!!! WAHOO!!!!

I was excited about that, but also aggravated at myself for not doing something about it earlier. I do have to admit though, the banging on the door and screaming “shut up” at them really let out a lot of tension that I had from being sick! It felt good for a second to release that anger! =)

Anyway--- Ryan met me, bagel in hand, and we headed to the Magic Kingdom bus stop.

Side note:
I did NOT share the bagel this morning. I was petrified to put anything in my stomach for fear that I would get sick again. So, I thought it best to let him have the entire bagel! I’m sure he was excited for that!
End of side note.

As usual, we were at MK about 45-minutes before opening. They allowed us in the turnstiles early, and to the area where they do the welcome ceremony. DM (DawnMaree, aka Disneyolic, aka a GREAT DIS Friend) and her family were going to try to get there for rope drop. The plan was to meet that morning, separate, then get back together. Once in the gates, we were going to head to Space Mountain, get a FP, ride it, then race over to Splash to catch a ride with them. Their plan was to head to stroller rental, get the stroller, then head over to Splash to ride together.

As we’re waiting for the welcome ceremony and rope drop, I sat down—My stomach was still feeling a little uneasy and I wanted to enjoy sitting while I could. I knew once the rope dropped, we’d be racing to Space!

About this time, DM called my cellphone. She said they had arrived, and they were behind the MASSIVE crowd that had developed behind us. I told her I’d just see her at Splash in a few minutes.

Well, low and behold, I feel a little tap tap tap on my shoulder… And who was it??????

MY DEAR FRIEND DM!

I was so excited to finally meet her, as I was with ALL of my DIS friend encounters! DM and I had talked so much prior to our trip and this was finally the “big moment!”

And she was just as nice in person as she was over email… And her, her kiddos and husband were even more cute in person than over email! I SO enjoyed meeting them. But… We couldn’t chat long. The rope was about to drop, and we were about to race into MK, go our separate ways, then meet back up in a few minutes.

She snapped this shot of Ryan and I before the rope dropped:

And with that, we were off! Ryan and I made it to Space Mountain, got our FP, rode once, then headed over to Splash.

Turns out DM and her family were able to rent the stroller very quickly, so “her boys” (ie- husband and two sons) rode once while they were waiting for us.

Once we made it over there, DM, her little girl Brooke, Ryan and I got some nice Q.T. time together. Brooke was shy at first, but she really warmed up when Ryan told her he’d buy her a pressed penny. Boy, she jumped out of that stroller and was so excited!

“The boys” were off of Splash in no time, and then Ryan, DM, DM’s sons, and me headed for a ride next! Well, I come prepared. I had my poncho and my rain jacket! So, I wrapped the poncho around my waist (put my feet through the head) and put my jacket on. Who wants to walk around with wet shorts and undergarments all day???? Certainly not me!

We had a fun little ride, and ended up not getting one drop of water on me! SCORE! I was so excited. Now, that didn’t make for a good picture b/c I was all bundled up, but what the heck! Ryan and I tried to give DM the Team Focker symbol in the picture, but it really didn’t come out that good. What do you think?

Um, yeah... I'm the one in the second row with the green rain coat on! DM and her boys are in the front row!

Once we got off, we visited with DMs family a bit longer, and took a picture of them so we could remember their pretty little faces!

Then, we parted ways. =(

Ryan and I headed off to get a FP for Big Thunder Mountain… That FP paid off so much earlier in the week since the line was ENORMOUSLY long when we FP all of those people! We were hoping it’d pay off today too!

Then we headed back to Space to ride again. I just love that ride. It’s so so so super fun to me! I love it! Then, Ryan wanted to do Stitch’s Great Escape. To me, I didn’t care to do it b/c nothing compares to Alien Encounter. Not that I loved A.E., but it was a classic. And I’d actually heard nothing good about Stitch, so I had no real desire to do it. But, he wanted to, and being the WONDERFUL wife that I am (hahaha), we did it. And it wasn’t bad…. Wasn’t good either, but it wasn’t bad. And I’m glad we did it because he wanted to.

But, that chili cheese hot dog that Stitch ate and then burped on us, really didn’t sit well considering that I was still having an uneasy stomach!!!! GROSSO!!! =)

While over in Tomorrowland, we decided to do Carousel of Progress. What a CLASSIC! Love it! We didn’t do it last year, and I’m so glad we did it this year… So fun! Old, classic, fun!

We then headed back through Fantasyland… We did Small World, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Mickey’s PhilharMagic… I had never done PhilarMagic, but it was SO FUN!!!!! I had the best time in there! I sang every song and smiled the whole time! It was GREAT!!!!

In Fantasyland, I spotted a wall that matched my shirt so I had to take a picture:

At that point, our FPs for Big Thunder Mtn were due, so we headed on over, and once again passed a line to INFINITY!!!!! I’m so glad were FPed that attraction… That stand by wait was entirely too long!

Now, I was STARVING! I hadn’t eaten all day, and my stomach was empty from driving the porcelain bus (hahaha—see, I told you I’d use it!!!). We decided to eat at Pinocchio Village Haus. I got the turkey sandwich and it was just okay. At home, I eat turkey sandwiches all the time--- but I use white bread and only put mayo on my sandwiches. So, all of this other stuff they tried to fancy it up with, just wasn’t good to my taste. It was okay, and probably better than eating a hamburger or fried chicken, but it wasn’t the greatest.

At least we weren’t hungry anymore… Oh, and as usual with lunch, I don’t remember what Ryan ate =) Sweet wife, really paying attention to her husband.

We decided that we were done with MK for today, and for the trip. We hadn’t gotten as much time as we wanted to spend in MGM, so we were going to catch a ride over there! We also had dinner lined up at 50’s and a 9:30 pm ride on ToT with CrazyKanga (Laura) and her family, SingingMom (Renee) and her family, and 1andrea and her family…

So fun!

We took the boat over to the TCT (I think that’s where it takes you, right???), and took some pics of us laying down enjoying the ride!

Then took a bus from TCT to MGM. When we got off the bus at MGM, it was SO HOT! This had to have been one of the hottest days EVER. It was almost unbearable. The park was filled – the crowds were so heavy today around 1:00 when we arrived. It was Star Wars weekend at MGM, so that was the park of choice for many SW fans. (PS- I, for one, am NOT a Star Wars fan! Pics to prove it later.)

We headed in the entrance and off to the right on Sunset Blvd.

PS- We did not pose this way--- The CM taking the photo told us to do that so we did!

Headed directly to ToT. The wait was SO LONG! I can’t even remember what the sign said, but it was too long to stand in with such heat. We looked at the FP return, and it was 5:45 PM!!!!! Oh my! That was forever till then! The place was packed, our fastpass wasn’t good for another 5 hours, there was nothing else we could really do there (we couldn’t go to 50’s THAT early—I mean we get there early to have a few drinks, but THAT early was a little TOO early!). So, what did we do?

Went back to POP and went swimming!

Couldn’t think of anything better!

So, basically we went to MGM to get a fastpass then went back to POP. Oh well!

Fun at POP coming up tomorrow!
Sorry for the not long installment, but I promise I have a bunch of pictures tomorrow!!!! Stick with me =)
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #457
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Good job Court! You are finally learning my mad trip report dragging out skills.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #458
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Haha, you're just like me... if the park's too crowded, we leave and go back to swim, too!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #459
ilovejack02
what do you all think?

Woo being sick at Disney is my worst nightmare... well that and being sick for an entire honeymoon lol. Glad you got over it quick!

Its so neat to meet up with Dis folks at WDW , When we go in Oct several of my Nola girl friends from the Community board will be there... we plan on drinking a few glasses of wine together
I love the pic with the fleur de lis sign, I have a Fleur de lis issue too. You should see my new wine glasses my girlfriend gave me the other day. You would be jealous lol. lol.

Cant wait to see what else happens!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #460
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
YAY! I'm so glad you woke up feeling better! Being sick on vacation is SO horrible, I am glad it passed quickly. What food do you think is to blame?

LMAO at your screaming at the SF. I don't blame you ONE BIT!

Can't wait to hear from your FUN FILLED day!
I know! I'm so glad I woke up feeling better too!!!! Thank goodness!

I really don't know why I got it-- don't know if it was the food, the germs around disney, the lack of sleep, or maybe all of the above. I'm just glad it ended after two hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'DisneyMom View Post
OK, I have NO idea how to quote, but you replied to me with this:

First of all, congrats on the baby in the belly! How Exciting!!!!! Boy or girl? Any names picked out? So fun!

Secondly, I’m SUPER glad you came out of lurking!!!! Yay!!!! And thank you so much for picking my TR to read and post! I’m so glad you’re here! Thanks so much!

LOL.. So anyways, Our son is named Zachary, and we are thinking of Emily for this baby! What do you think???
I love the name Emily... One of my bestest friends is named Emily--- Are you going to call her Emily or Emma or Emmy? LOVE it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
Courtney, I am so sorry you were sick and being sick it awful...period, but being sick on vacation is the worst. I am so glad it did not last long and you were ok.

And Court, you can go with me on any of my trips. I am making the best of my AP Me and one of my best friends, we always go in Sept. I have a family trip in Oct. and December was kind of last minute...so to speak. I have always wanted to be there on New Years Eve...I may ask what have I done, when I see the crowds, but at least I have done it once.
Hey!!!! I'm so glad it didn't last long too!!!!
You are going to have SO much fun on all of the trips you have planned for the rest of the year... That's so awesome that you can go so much.... Incredible! And I agree, I think New Year's will be SO COOL!!!! You'll have to report back and let me know how it goes... I be it's so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaymam View Post
Courtney, SO PROUD of YOU for telling them to Shut Up!. Loving your TR. Had me laughing as I was catching up from 7/7.

Thought I would share a pic of one of my many pets.

this is Butterscotch sitting in the computer room window.
Thanks so much castaway!!!! Oh, I just love Butterscotch!!!! So beautiful! And what a GREAT picture!

I'm so glad you came over from the Stalking thread to read here! I'm so happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
[ /end thread hijack ]
This made me laugh out loud! Love it!

Quote:
sorry Court, it's turned into the Dog/Cat Fanciers Associate National Pet Show! Maddie is still the best dressed though!
That's okay! I don't mind one little bit at all!!!! Yes, Maddie is not just the best dressed, she's the ONLY dressed =) Hahahaha!

I love pet pictures, so I'm happy yall are posting!

I love baby pictures too! I just don't have one yet, so Maddie's "my child"... Post your babies if you'd like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I LOL'd at you bangin' on that door! You far outlasted what I would have been able to...now you know maybe you should have done it earlier! I'm also glad you felt better so quickly! Goodness...that's one of my fears---getting sick at Disney. Ummmm...since everyone is throwing theirs in...we call them the gut busters...anywho---glad you felt better soon!
It was hard, but I just couldn't hold my anger anymore! And I took it all out on that door! Hahaha!

Love gut busters!!!! I'll add that one to the list of common expressions for the "case of the runs" =)

Hahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
Adorable dog pics!

Good job shutting those noisy neighbors up!

I'm impressed that you still got up early after a night like that. I guess at Disney World, anything is possible, right?
Hey!!! Thanks so much!!!

I definitely had to get up early! Couldn't miss out on beating the crowds! I guess on vacation, you're on a permanent go - go- go basis, so that's just what we had to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Courtney, if you think THATS funny, you've gotta go check out her trip report! Between you and her, its better than goin to the movies at night! She's hilarious and its very entertaining, just like yours.
I will! I'm so glad you told me that... I try checking out all of my poster's TRs, but it's so hard to get to them all and still work on your own! But, for sure, I want to do that!!!!!

I'm so glad I've even beat the movies in terms of entertainment!!!! Go ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
i'm sorry you was sick... but atleast you work up feeling better.. woo hoo
I know! Thank you for posting!!!! I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babieemelly View Post
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. I got sick on our trip in 2005, too, and it wasn't fun. I'm glad you felt better the next morning, though! And I was cracking up over you banging on the wall!! They deserved it! And could Maddie be any cuter?!!
Oh, no! I hate that you got sick too! And yes, they deserved it!!!!

Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
Well Courtney, I came out of lurkedom to read your TR and I just had to post. You and Ryan are the sweetest couple ever. You look like you have so much fun together. I found your TR yesterday and I finally reached the end this morning. Great job I must say. I am completely enjoying it.

Also wanted to give you Kudos for telling the people next door to shut up. I probably would've done the same thing.

Can't wait for your next installment. p.s. Maddie is adorable, love the outfits.
Yay!!!! You know that's my goal to get everyone out of lurkedom!!!!! WAhoo!!!!

So super glad you're here posting!!!!! Thank you so much for your comments! I'm so glad you are reading and enjoying it!!!!!
Thanks again for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrea View Post
Courtney,

Just finished reading your trippie its great!

Wish we had met on the ToT meet, we were probably on the ToT at 9pm we rode twice *** the line was so short, we got to walk straight into the library no wait at all. Our second ride was done by 9.15 then we waited for you all til 9.45- 9.50.

We must have just missed each other!

Andrea
Oh, Andrea-- I feel horrible. I wish you could have ridden it with us!!!! This bit of horrible timing is coming up in tomorrow's installment! I would have LOVED for you to join us!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
So glad you screamed at the SF next day, you should have done it sooner. I freak out too when my stomach hurts because I hate puking and even when my kids get the virus I get freaked out. I also don't want to catch it from them LOL. I run around cloroxing everything in the house . I hope if and when you have kids you don't get morning sickness
Hey! I know- once it actually worked, I wish I would have done it sooner too!

OMGoodness- that's EXACTLY how I'm going to be with kids! I'm so glad Ryan's good at being sweet to someone with the throw-ups b/c I'm not! He's going to be the one who takes care of them! The second I know someone's sick, I automatically feel nauseous. I think I've caught it from them! I hate that so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgcountry View Post
Ok, I am all caught up. Came over from DM's TR (where I am also caught up)

Let's see Love the pics, love the house, love the puppy dogs, ok ok, just love the entire TR. So much fun to read. I will have to figure out picture posting so I can add my pup, Pretzel.

Wow, I've been TRing for 2 whole days now. Better get some done, then read more.
YAY!!!! I'm so glad you're reading DMs and mine!!!! Glad you found my report too!!!! So glad you're here, and I'm glad you're having fun reading it!!!!

Definitely add Pretzel!!!! We're animal lovers around here!!!!!

Now, go get your laundry done and come back tomorrow for my next installment =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Sorry to hear about your neighbors.

Are the walls that thin at all the value resorts? Or does the noise travel more through the connecting doors in those rooms.

Glad you told them off. I am the heavy sleeper so I am sure that DW will be the one that gets up and pounds on the wall if we have a noisy neighbor.
The walls are thin, but last year wasn't bad at all. Maybe it was the connecting doors this time! I never thought about that, but really, that could have been it.

I really should have banged on the door sooner since it worked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwithWDW View Post
Courtney you are just too funny! I feel like I can literally hear your voice when you write and I love that! I have not missed one word of this trip report and hope you have another trip to Disney planned soon so you can write another one. If you have any suggestions for other fun trip reports on the disboards that I should read I would appreciate it since you only have ONE MORE DAY left I clearly am obsessed!
I literally type exactly that way I speak! So, as long as you're picturing a southern accent with the words, then you've got it!!!!!

And so sad but I don't have another WDW trip planned =( So sad, huh????

I'm so so so glad you're here reading and you are enjoying yourself!!!! Don't worry- I have a lot more, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
I think all rooms with connecting doors will have noise issues with loud families. On the last day of our honeymoon, there was a couple fighting in the next room (connecting door) and they were loud. We were staying at CBR at the time.
I think that's what it was.... The connecting door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11dog View Post
I haven't had a chance to read about your horrible night until now. I am so glad that you were able to feel better the next day. And you GEAUX GIRL, it was about time you put the people next door in their place! I mean come on what are they doing staying up all night anyway. Don't they go to the parks in the day and wear themselves out. I have three kids and they can make a lot of noise. Especially, when they are wound up and haven't done anything in awhile. But by the first day of being at the parks, they are wiped out!

Also, thanks for the info on a dance school. I will check it out. You are so sweet for taking the time to answer my questions.
I am so glad I was able to feel better soon too! I was really wondering why there were awake at 2 - 3 am?!!! Didn't make any sense to me either!!!!

Please do check out the dance studio.... They are AMAZING. And let me know if you need any more info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
I am the same way when getting sick! I hate puking and everything that may come with it! That is my biggest nightmare when traveling and as I told you in one of my last posts that was how my daughter started our Disney vacation in Feb. all because of giving her medicine with no food in her. Glad to hear that it did not last long and didn't spoil the next day for you. And good for you for telling your neighbors to SHUT UP!
Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
I hate it so much!!!!! Yes, that's so sad about your daughter! I am going to be the mother who will have to send "Daddy" to take care of her... I just can't handle it... I hate it so much!!! I'm so glad it didn't last long!

Thanks so much for reading, again!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #461
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandRyan;19687284
MY DEAR FRIEND DM!

[COLOR="Blue"
Yippee!! Lucky you! Wish we could have met DM, too[/COLOR].

“The boys” were off of Splash in no time, and then Ryan, DM, DM’s sons, and me headed for a ride next! Well, I come prepared. I had my poncho and my rain jacket! So, I wrapped the poncho around my waist (put my feet through the head) and put my jacket on. Who wants to walk around with wet shorts and undergarments all day???? Certainly not me!

How FUNNY that you get all wrapped up for the ride?! lol We got so terribly wet in HersheyPark once that I made Bob buy me new shorts to continue the day!

Ryan and I headed off to get a FP for Big Thunder Mountain… That FP paid off so much earlier in the week since the line was ENORMOUSLY long when we FP all of those people!

And WHAT is the deal with that wait at BTM? That is the HOTTEST line to wait in - it just seems so deadly hot inside that building. We found that FP is a MUST!

Keep those updates coming!

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #462
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

I'm glad the report is extended a bit longer - I don't want it to end!

and I have a new philosophy about why you woke up feeling better - you released all the stress when you told the SFs to shut it! :D

no baby pics from me, Zoe's more than enough for me to handle!

and even though Maddies the only one dressed, she's still the best dressed!

(kind of my parents philosophy: you're our favorite kid - but I'm your only kid! - well even if you weren't the only one you'd still be our favorite)

and the fact that you're her personal clothing designer just adds to it!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #463
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Oh you poor thing being ill on holiday. We lost a day of our holiday last month at Disneyland as I was sick. Both ends at once . . . and we were staying in a newly decorated suite. . . I'll leave the rest to your imagination but the room certainly needed decorating again!!!!!! Quiznos subs = never again!!!!

Ohh Raglan Road, thats my fave place in DD. I LOVE it!!!

Do you really make dog clothes? I would love to get mine some cute outfits!!!!
Hey!!!! I'm so glad you joined the DIS!!!! Welcome!

And I hate to hear that you were sick at Disneyland! That's horrible, but I completely understand!!!! It's so sad! Both ends at once is the worst!!!! So sad!

I do love Raglan Road too!

And yes, I really do make dog clothes! check out www.WagginRags.com

Maddie's my little model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Thanks, just wondering cause the room we had at CBR on our honeymoon was not loud and we had a connecting door. I just thought I have read on a post somewhere that the value resorts had alot thinner walls than others.
I think they might have a lot thinner walls, but I really think the connecting door had a lot to do with it! Or else, that S.F. was REALLY loud anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
Just wanted to subscribe!! From one Southern girl to another, This is a GREAT trip report!!

I also had to tell you what my step son said when he saw your pictures! I was reading through your report and my step daugther said "Who is that?" to one of the pictures of you and your husband. I was about to answer when my five year old step says from across the room. "It's Belle and the Beast when he turns into a man..." Totally deadpan, just very matter of fact...he didn't even look up, continued playing...my step daugther, who is 8, points out that you were NOT wearing the Belle dress and quick as a wink my step son says "They're wearing their SUMMER outfits!" He is a bit in love with Belle and considers himself an expert. So there ya go!

I'm so glad you used your Southern Belle manners in the proper way with those OBNOXIOUS people next door. I might have been a bit more ugly in my phrasing had it been me! Living in New Jersey has added some colorful expressions to my Texan vocabulary!

can't wait for more!!
Yay! Thank you so much for subscribing! I'm so glad you're here!

I literally laughed out loud when I read what your little man said!!!! I HAVE to share that with Ryan-- That's the sweetest thing ever!!!! Oh my goodness, I love it!!!! I'm so glad you shared that with me! The things kids say are SO sweet!

And, I definitely wanted to say some colorful words to the people next door! I'm surprised I held it that long!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Hi Courtney!

I know I jumped in kind of late, but I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your trippie! It is so fun to read! You are your DH look like you have a blast on vacation!

I have to admit that instead of working on my own TR, I got kind of caught up in reading yours. Anywho, I can't wait for the next installment!
Hi!!!! I don't mind if you're late! I'm just glad you're here!!!! Thank you so much for reading!!!! I'm so glad you're having fun! We did have a blast... And I'll have to come over and check out your TR!!!!! Thanks for reading mine!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
I'm still laughing at the waay you responded to your neighbors. I probably would've snapped before then!!!
So sorry you were sick ! But glad it didn't last ! My siister had an illness caused by the Flu where it attacked her stomach muscles and for over 3 years she puked. It didn't matter what she did or didn't eat. Or eve if she ate at all. Needless to say it was really hard on her. To make it worse she had just turned 13 when it started so yep she had it until she was 16. But the good news is God healed her. She's the only one we know of that heas ever been completly healed. It's usually a fatal disease!. But anyway My mom was like you so guess who was the "nurse"? Yep you guessed it! Moi!! It was God's way of preparing me for what layed ahead I guess!!!!!!!!!!!
Still loving this TR! Can't wait for more!!!!
Awww... that's such a sad story about your sister... And I completely believe that God healed her! He's got amazing things rolled up his sleeve and can do anything!!!!

And how sweet of you to take care of her when she needed it... I'm so glad she's better now... That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineeme22 View Post

Hi Courtney!

I read your whole trip report (so far) and I love it! I even kept notes of things I wanted to comment on, but wanted to wait until the end! So now I will start at the beginning!

1- your wedding photos are GORGEOUS! Pray that I look like that on my wedding day!

2- I love your house! If you ever sell, let me know! (I live nowhere near you, but thats ok, I can dream )

3- I loved the funny/bored pictures you took, I did the same on my trip last September and you can bet that when me and my 2 best friends go down this September (anyone going then by the way??) we will do that everywhere!

4- Not sure if anyone told you this, but I remember you saying you can never beat the hubby on the Buzz ride. Here's a trick- always shoot, even if your not lined up to a target or in a room w/ many targets- your score will increase. Also, if you turn around as you are leaving the 1st room (I'm pretty sure it's the first room) theres a bullseye thats worth about 100,000 points! Aim for it! You have to turn your car around to face backwards, but its worth it!

5- Love your lil puppy, shes a cutie!

I look forward to your posts, and I can't wait to go in September and take my own fun pictures!
Yay!!!! I'm so glad you're here and you've posted on so many things!!! Thank you so much for reading!!!!

1. Thank you so much... And I'm sure you will look STUNNING on your wedding day... It's such a special day and you will be glowing with beauty!
2. I'll let you know =) Hahaha! I'm glad you like it too! We love it!
3. Isn't it so much fun to take those pictures????
4. Okay- I'm literally making a mental note of that and am going to smoke Ryan next time we go!!!!!!! He's beat me two years in a row!!! Payback baby!!!!
5. Thank you so much!

And again, I'm so glad you're here reading and I hope you have a FABULOUS trip in September!!! It's so close!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #464
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Oh poor you being sick but I can't believe how much went through your head whilst in the bathroom Well done on the SF
Thanks!!!! You know-- I'd love to know who that S.F. was!!! What if they're DISers???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
So sorry you got sick. That sux. At least it was a speedy recovery, and it gave you the nerve to shut down those obnoxious people next door! You go girl!
That's right girl!!!! That did give me the nerve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw Court! I'm sorry you were sick! I would've replied sooner but my birthday was yesterday! Anyways, I know how it feels to be sick on vacation. I actually threw up in line for the Safari at AK. We were staying at the Contemporary and I thought it was the longest bus ride back there ever!
OMGoodness! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you had a WONDERFUL day!!!!

Oh my! I hate that you threw up in line for Safari! What was wrong? Virus, overheating, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babieemelly View Post
The same thing happened to my Photobucket account a few years ago. I hope you get it all worked out, Courntey. I can't wait for some new updates!
I hate that! I just created a new one, so we'll see what happens =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Good job Court! You are finally learning my mad trip report dragging out skills.
I'm taking after you CK!
I learned it by watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Haha, you're just like me... if the park's too crowded, we leave and go back to swim, too!
That was seriously the best thing we could have done! It worked out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejack02 View Post
Woo being sick at Disney is my worst nightmare... well that and being sick for an entire honeymoon lol. Glad you got over it quick!

Its so neat to meet up with Dis folks at WDW , When we go in Oct several of my Nola girl friends from the Community board will be there... we plan on drinking a few glasses of wine together
I love the pic with the fleur de lis sign, I have a Fleur de lis issue too. You should see my new wine glasses my girlfriend gave me the other day. You would be jealous lol. lol.

Cant wait to see what else happens!
Hey! I'm so glad I was over it quick too!!!!
Girl- yall's Oct. trip is going to be AMAZING!!!! It's going to be so fun!!!!!

And, yes, I love fluer de lis!!!! They're all over my house!!!! I think it's an LA thing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post

Keep those updates coming!

Renée
Thanks SM!!!! That line for BTM is HORRIBLE!!!! I could not have stood in that for that long! No way Jose!

Quote:
I'm glad the report is extended a bit longer - I don't want it to end!

and I have a new philosophy about why you woke up feeling better - you released all the stress when you told the SFs to shut it! :D

no baby pics from me, Zoe's more than enough for me to handle!

and even though Maddies the only one dressed, she's still the best dressed!

(kind of my parents philosophy: you're our favorite kid - but I'm your only kid! - well even if you weren't the only one you'd still be our favorite)

and the fact that you're her personal clothing designer just adds to it!
Thanks Abby Beth!!!! I really don't want it to end either! So, it will for sure go on a few more days!!!!

I love your parent's philosophy.... Works for me!

I hope to have another update tomorrow!

But not too much of course =)
Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #465
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Great installment! I dont really know DISers by their names, so i didn't know who DM was, until I looked at the picture and went "OH! OH! I'm READING THAT TRIP REPORT!" lol

cant wait for more!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: