Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #346
thptrek
DIS Veteran

Great report. Not to get you off topic but my wife and I lived in Baton Rouge in the late 80's. Westminster neighborhood near Drusilla Seafood. Were you a Golden Girl at LSU?

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
Old 07-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #347
ObsessedwiththeMouse
Diehard Packers fan, but, should be a ....... fan
My brother drives the monorail at WDW

How do you look so great ALL OF THE TIME!??!

Ok girlie, how on earth do you look so great all of the time?!?!?! When I go in the summer, I have sweat dripping down my face, my hair is frizzy and I would NEVER attempt makeup for fear of having black streaks down my cheeks.

My daugther's name is Courtney and she looks perfect all of the time... I think that's your secret.

Linda
Courtney 9-5-01
Collin 1-30-06
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #348
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
LOVE your comment about God making you to finish the puzzle he started when he made Ryan!! Bob & I are a "team couple" for Pre-Cana Marriage preparation classes at our parish, and we always talk about God making us for each other. I will have to email you a pretty reading along those lines...

"Night" is written by a Holocust survivor - it is a short book, but supposedly very powerful. Dana really has a great interest in that part of history, so I'm glad it is something she will read. We took her to see the play "Diary of Anne Frank" last year and she was mesmorized.

Renée
Please email the reading! I would love it! Let me know if you need my email address! Now that you describe Night, I think I did read it! Yes-- I remember--- How quickly aging minds forget things from years ago!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Renee she would of loved my Yearbook Advisor from high school. She taught 10th grade English and did a study on things relating to it and Kill a Mockingbird.
Hey Mandy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
Courtney--

Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon (if there's any room left that is! ) and tell you how great I think your writing style is. I love all the pics, pics, pics! It's always nice to be able to put faces with names!

BTW, my DH's name is Ryan too! I may be biased, but I think Ryans are pretty great!

--Shannon
Hi Shannon!!!

OF COURSE there's room left on the bandwagon! So glad you're here!!!! I'm so glad you are enjoying reading my TR!!! Thank you so much!

How funny about your DH's name... Catch this... Ryan's sisters name is Shannon... And her husbands name is Ryan! Weird... Yes, she married a man with her brother's name... Family gatherings are often confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushing View Post
I am enjoying your report. We will be going to DISNEY to celebrate our twenty fifth anniversary in February.
Hello fellow LA'ian!!!! Glad to have you here!!!! What part of LA are you from?
Thank you so much for reading and congrats on your 25 years!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeyst View Post
Holy Jeepers, Courtney!! You have over 23,000 views of your TR!!!

Congratulations!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11dog View Post
23,000!! That is so awesome. Congratulations Courtney!!
Quote:
CORRECTION: 24,217

(From 23,900 at 9:30 to 24,217 at 11:00, that's over 200 views an hour!! ) You're not HOT, you're on FIRE!!!

Quick, someone call the . Ask them to send the cute ones!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post

GEAUX me!!!!! But yall all could be lying and I'd have no idea b/c I have not a clue how yall are finding out these stats! Tell me, tell me, tell me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
Hey Courtney, I'm enjoying your TR!!
Yay! So glad you're here!!!! Thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
Hi Courtney, I'm new to the Trip Report Thread and when I saw your title that included pics...I was interested. I have been following ever since. Love your TR and the pics. Also, I'm very curious about this Stalking Thread.

Thanks for writing and keep up the good work.

BTW...my youngest DS is Ryan...Love that name!
Yay! I'm so glad you're reading! And yes, I definitely have PICS!!! No joke! Oh, check us out here for the stalking-- It's SO fun!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1386958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
You look like you had the BEST time ever! Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts and wonderful pictures..........

Making me more excited to go and we are pretty much over the top excited
Thanks so much for joining!!!! I'm so glad you're here reading... Thank you so much for your comments, and I'm excited for you that you've got a trip on the way!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyDancer View Post
Yay, I found your trip report before it ended! I can't believe how fast it's moving. I had a blast reading about your trip and can't wait to read more. I'm going to have to practice taking self-portraits. I wish I had thought to take pictures of the ride pictures--great idea! BTW, Maddie's shawl is cute!
I'm so glad you found me too! And, you've definitely caught it before it ended! I've got several more installments to post, and I'm glad you're caught up! Thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirateslife4evr View Post
Whew Courtney.......this is one EXCITIN' TR I thought I'd missed the end.....but I am finally caught up.

BTW......you and DH are too photogenic......I am SO jealous

Can't wait to ready more
Hi Donna Lynn! Thanks so much for reading! I'm so glad you're here- and all caught up!!!!

Thank you so much for your nice comment! We LOVE pictures, so we take them all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
CourtneyandRyan-
Love the report! I love everything about it and your sense of humor. Gorgeous house btw! You are gorgeous and don't take one bad photo. Allie is very jealous!
Thank you so much!!!! Yay! I'm so glad you found my TR! And thank you so so so much for your nice comments-- that is so sweet of you! I'm happy you are here reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srandsr76 View Post
Just finding your TR and loving it!
Your pictures are awesome and you two make a very cute couple.
Thank you !!! I'm so glad you found my TR! More coming up very soon...

Quote:
OK Court, you're up to 26,000.
Quote:
Go me!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #349
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Wow! This report sure is going to the dogs, huh????

Quote:
Hope you had a great weekend, Courtney!
Thought you'd get a kick out of this photo ... Mr. Mocha does NOT like to swim, but he'll "tolerate" the floating chair....

Renée
This is the GREATEST!!!!! I love him!!!! He's darling! That's exactly what Maddie would do--- sit alone on her own raft!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Too funny Renee. Now I'm gonna have to send our Maggie out on a float and take a picture.
Please do!!!! I'd love to see!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Don't mean to butt into any inside jokes, so forgive me, but i find it so ironic you posting that dog picture! just today, i took my dog oreo, who is deathly afraid of the pool and all things that have to do with water, and put him in the float...he lasted long enough for the picture, but I just had to take him out! I felt so guilty -- but at least now he'll look at the pool! (Before, if you were in the pool, he wouldn't even look at it)

So cute!!!!! Love it!!!!! We are the shih tzu clan!!!!!

Quote:
OK, that's it. Tomorrow pics of Mater attacking the sprinkler will be posted here.....

(Yeah, that's Mater - as in "Ta-Mater" but without the "Ta".)

Of course it sounds better when DD4.5 says it with her accent!! Oh, I can post video! Someone tell me how and I'll post her on here!
Okay- I love the name Mater!!!! Yes, can't wait to see the "attack the sprinkler" photos!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #350
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Courtney, can hardly wait for more. I find myself rushing home each night to check your trip report for an update. I am like a kid at Christmas time.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #351
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

I've been following along but haven't commented yet, and I just wanted to say I can't wait to hear more! It's official, I'm addicted!!!! I am addicted to the TRs on here, esp the ones w/young couples since I can relate to other couples who love Disney even though we don't have kids! You guys are too cute and its obvious how much fun you are having, I love it!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #352
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
Just checking in on a Monday morning...
Hey!!!! And now, it's Monday evening! But hey, that's one step closer to Friday!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Looking forward to more. Hope you have a nice day at work.

TK
Hi TK... How's it going? My day was good, but I'm glad to be home now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Can't wait Courtney
Hi Jo! Here's another update, coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Looking forward to it Courtney! But remember...leave us wanting more!
Hi DM! Your guest appearance is coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Yaay! I'm glad you're posting again this afternoon... I was starting to have withdrawals
Hey girl! Wow-- You make me feel so special!!!! I'm about to give you a fix of another installment, so no more withdrawals for today! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Hey I go on vacation and come back to like 12 more pages! I really must say that you two make an adorable couple! Do you have the link to the Stalker thread?? I would love to sign up!
Thank you so much! Yes- Here's the link-- -Come join us! It's SO fun!!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1386958

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimoe View Post
Courtney I love your trip report. Your hubbie sure is good at taking the arm shots he must have a lot of practice. I have tried doing that and it never works out. I can hardly wait to read more.
Thank you so much!!!! He definitely has a lot of practice with the arm extender shots! He's gotten good at it, huh??? =)

More, coming right up!

Quote:
Nicole: is Oreo a shih tzu? That's what Mocha is (and Courtney's "Maddie", too) - and I think they all hate the water! Mocha actually paces back and forth when Dana is doing laps, and he barks at me, as if to say, "Do you even SEE that she is in the middle of that THING??? GET HER OUT OF THERE!""
Then there is my cousin's golden retriever - who jumps in and does laps on his own!
Renée
OMGoodness, if we had a pool, that's exactly what Maddie would be doing... And thinking! I just know it!!!!!

She doesn't like it when we go in the attic... She barks continually and tries to climb the stairs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darragh View Post
You guys are so cute! Thanks for sharing your fun.
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you're here reading! Welcome to the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimoe View Post
When I was growing up I had a ****zu named Ching that I miss a lot . Now my daughter has allergies and we cant have a dog.
Aren't they the best????? Oh, my, you know, you should really try to see if she's allergic... Apparently shih tzu's have hair, not fur, so they are good for people with allergies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybrook View Post
Subscribing! Your trip report is great. Can't wait to read more!

P.S. I'm glad you were not hurt in your accident! DS and I were recently in an accident too...a big SUV slammed right into the back of our Camry while waiting at a traffic light. We were both fine, and the car just got out of the shop...so now it's fine too. But it can be traumatic no matter what!

You two (and your sweet pup) are adorable...I'm glad I found your trip report!
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you're here reading!!!! It's great to have you along for the ride!

OMGoodness- I would have been so scared... Ryan drives a camry, and I think it would have been damaged a lot more than my trailblazer... I am so glad you are okay! And your car!!!! I'm sure you had a lot of damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek View Post
Great report. Not to get you off topic but my wife and I lived in Baton Rouge in the late 80's. Westminster neighborhood near Drusilla Seafood. Were you a Golden Girl at LSU?
OMGoodness-- We live like 3 minutes away from Drusilla! And you know what??? My wreck happened on Jefferson at Drusilla!!!! My friend's parents still live in Westminister!

Small World!

I was a Tiger Girl at LSU- we danced at the basketball games-- golden girls are at the football games (but I'm sure you know that!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwiththeMouse View Post
Ok girlie, how on earth do you look so great all of the time?!?!?! When I go in the summer, I have sweat dripping down my face, my hair is frizzy and I would NEVER attempt makeup for fear of having black streaks down my cheeks.

My daugther's name is Courtney and she looks perfect all of the time... I think that's your secret.

Linda
Courtney 9-5-01
Collin 1-30-06
Awww--- Thank you so much!!!! And trust me-- My hair was SO frizzy! I don't know how the pictures didn't show it, but it was totally frizzed out!!! And I was definitely sweating! I promise! My video shows the frizzy hair and the drab makeup... I just don't know how it didn't show on the pictures!

I bet your Courtney's a cutie =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Courtney, can hardly wait for more. I find myself rushing home each night to check your trip report for an update. I am like a kid at Christmas time.
Hi Tina!!! I'm so excited that you love my TR that much! Such a huge complement! Thank you so much!

I've got a Christmas present for you today-- another update coming your way right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
I've been following along but haven't commented yet, and I just wanted to say I can't wait to hear more! It's official, I'm addicted!!!! I am addicted to the TRs on here, esp the ones w/young couples since I can relate to other couples who love Disney even though we don't have kids! You guys are too cute and its obvious how much fun you are having, I love it!
Hi Hillary!!! First of all, congrats on your quickly approaching wedding and disneymoon! That's going to be such a blast for you and it's going to be here sooooo soon!!!!

I'm so glad you decided to comment! It's great knowing you're reading along! Thank you so much for reading and posting and for your nice comments!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #353
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

anxiously awaiting the next installment.

CourtneyandRyan- hope mine can only be as good as your's. I am still waiting to find out the resort.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1503178

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #354
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

So, I’m glad yall liked our “waiting for the POP bus” pictures! That’s where we were when we left the last installment!

So, we waited for about 15-20 minutes for the bus to take us from the Animal Kingdom to POP. We were EXHAUSTED and needed a good nap. And we were HOT and needed a good swim! However gross it may be, the exhaustion beat the heat, and we decided for the nap first… We laid towels on the sheets and napped on top of those when we got back to our room. I didn’t want to get in the sheets all sweaty, so we figured clean towels would be fine to lay on, and it worked… Because we slept SO GOOD! It was exactly what we needed to get more energy for our late night at Pleasure Island.

After our hour nap, we got up, put on our swimsuits, and headed for the pool… Short walk considering it was directly outside of our door. That water felt so so so good in the 3:00 pm heat! It was wonderful, and a great way to relax after our nap… We “swam” (aka stood in the pool) for about 45-minutes before it was time to get ready for our dinner at Raglan Road.

We came in, showered up, and headed to the Downtown Disney bus stop. When calling to make ADRs for Raglan Road, each year they have told me that we need to allow plenty of time to get to DTD. Well, the wait has never been bad- maybe 10 minutes. We still got to the bus stop early so we’d have a little time to walk around in the shops and work up a hunger!

Once we arrived at DTD, we went in the Christmas shop first because I really wanted an ornament for my tree this year… They had this cute little painting that we just HAD to take pictures with. Why we had to, I have no idea, but we did for some reason!

Then I saw these guys outside and decided to add myself to the mix. I’m doing exactly what the one on the right is doing, but it really just looks like I’m doing the Loser sign on my head! Oh, well!

By this time, we were about ready to head to Raglan Road to check in for our ADR. We went to the podium (we were about 15-minutes early), checked in, and she gave me a buzzer. Said it shouldn’t be a long wait. The thing literally went off within 45-seconds. I was amazed! Why’d they even give us one in the first place? I wasn’t complaining though, it was good to be seated early!

I ordered the usual, a glass of wine. Ryan ordered some set of beers. I couldn’t tell you what they were called, but they were four mini-beers that came on a little tray. How cute is he with his beers?????

Instead of posing with my wine, I decided to pose with the menu.

We waited a while before we ordered, and our waitress was GREAT. She didn’t rush us at all. When we were finally ready, we got the Scallop Forest for two.

Those were SO YUMMY!!!! I’m so glad we ordered that! It took a lot of convincing on my part to get Ryan to order that with me. He wanted something else (I can’t remember what it was) that was a solo appetizer (this one was one for sharing). But I finally convinced him to get that and I was so glad! I actually ate more than him. I ate my ½ so fast that he had one left and I was already finished. So, he split his last one with me… Sweet guy, huh?

Side note:
Yeah, I eat a lot. If we are splitting something, we have to cut it down the middle. Or count them out. When Ryan cooks shrimp for dinner, we split them equally. I eat just as much as him. I don’t know why. I just really love food. It’s so yummy and I really eat as much as him. Kinda sad, but sweet of him to share, huh?
End of side note.

Time to order our entrees. Pan Fried Lemon Sole and Chips for me. Serious Sirloin Steak for him. That’s what they are called according to All Ears. So, that sole (fish) was AMAZING. SO GOOD I tell you. I am so so so happy I ordered that. I ate every bit of it! And Ryan’s steak was good, I think. I think he said it was good- maybe better than Coral Reef, but couldn’t compare to Le Cellier.

For dessert, we both had “Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble”… Yeah, that was good. Pretty much wonderful… aka “where it’s at” as we say. Yummo!

After we got our check and paid with our dining card- and our credit card for our drinks- we headed out to Pleasure Island. It was still early- maybe 8:30 or so, but that’s fine with us. We’d rather get the party started early so we can go to bed early! We had another big day tomorrow!

We headed first to Adventure’s Club (will be referred to as the A.C.).

Side note:
Last year we did the Comedy Warehouse and it was funny, but we didn’t really need to do it again this year. So, we skipped out on that one.
End of side note.

I’d heard a few stories about the A.C., so I was really excited to see what it was like. We walked in and there was this random boy scout holding a horse (or was it a cow??? Humm… No, I think it was a horse.) talking to people sitting at the bench with him. We tried to get in on the conversation, but I had no clue what he was talking about. I just thought it was hilarious anyway… So random. Then, the maid comes in- Anelle- and starts talking. I felt like I was in the twilight zone (no, not the ToT twilight zone--- just the random, weird twilight zone where you can’t figure anything out). I couldn’t stop giggling because it was so funny and their stories were so random. Then Anelle takes us all into the library and tells us stories.

As you are reading this, are you confused? Yeah, so am I! I couldn’t figure it out. It was like a comedy show that you interact with and they are playing these roles, etc. And most of all, it was random! You never knew what was happening, why it was happening, or even what was going on!

We then go into the main room for their little “show”… They interacted with the crowd and people had roles to play. It was entertaining and we had fun, but it was definitely weird and … what’s the word? Oh, yeah, random!

Overall, it was fun, but after that show, we walked around, then we left the A.C.

Here we are upstairs during the “walking around” part.

After we left, we decided to try 8-Trax… We had SO much fun here last year! It was 70’s and 80’s music; while the songs were playing, the video was playing on a big screen above the dance floor. It was great! This year, however, was not so great. There was hardly anyone on the dance floor--- except for a couple taken straight out of 1974. OMGracious- it was the funniest thing ever. We sat on the second floor and looked down to the dance floor and watched them for like 30-minutes. They were dressed the part… He had on the platforms, open shirt with chest hair coming out, big gold chain, sideburns, etc. She had on the tightest white pants I’ve ever seen in my life, with the gold chain belt and long straight hair. And, their dancing…. Well, lets just say it was like nothing I have ever seen before. It was THE WORST! But b/c they were dressed the part, it just made it funny. We sat and laughed, and watched, and laughed, and watched and laughed. It was GREATNESS!!!! That was the highlight of 8-Trax this year. B/c we didn’t dance. The songs they were playing were not fun.

We decided to walk around to a few other clubs and see if they were any better. We walked around for about 30 minutes- in, and out of other clubs. Then, back to 8-Trax to see if it was any better.

Nope.

Same, not fun songs. So, we left.

For good.

Back to POP.

What a bummer! We had so much fun at PI last year, and this year it was just a flop. But, of course, as is our style, we took pictures on the bus, expressing our emotions.

We got back to POP, and at that point, little did I know that it would be an even WORSE night that what we’d so far experienced. The worst night out of all of them… And I had a big day tomorrow; I was supposed to meet Disneyolic and her family, plus it was our last FULL day at WDW.

Stay tuned… It was a rough one!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #355
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
anxiously awaiting the next installment.

CourtneyandRyan- hope mine can only be as good as your's. I am still waiting to find out the resort.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1503178
Check it out... It just got posted!

Cool! I'll have to check yours out!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #356
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

Uh oh what happened Courtney? I just can't wait to see this talked about picture from Splash.

Mandy

Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #357
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

Okay now I'm dying to see how the rough night was. This should be good.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #358
tink25
Unashamed Blockhead

Loving the TR!! Even though you are a Tigers fan... GO GAMECOCKS!! Anyway...Great Report!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #359
buffy0214
DIS Veteran

Hi Courtney! I've read through your report and it is so cute! We've never been to PI and enjoyed the report even if the trip to PI wasn't so much fun.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #360
jbmom
Our underwear just gets put in the drawer with no extra attention
I've been known to prop my knife under my plate if there is something runny on it

Great cliffhanger! I can't wait to read what happened!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: