Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #16
ema74
Addicted to everything with Ears

Thumbs down

Hmmmm, we ate there on our very fist visit and didn't like it at all. The food was cold, it was more microwave food rather than cooked there and then. My DD1 had chips, she didn't like anything else and even the chips weren't nice.

We live in London and have been to Rainforest Cafe in London a few times, I have to say there's no comparison with th London one.

At least there're people who enjoyed their food there. Sadly it wasn't us and it was quite pricey...

No trips in planning

June 2006 - Sequoia Lodge, December 2006 - Newport Bay Club, July 2007 - Cheyenne
, April 2008- Sequoia Lodge
December 2008 - Sequoia Lodge July 2009 -Cheyenne
ema74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #17
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

We ate here in the second week of May. Mostly because DS wanted to, we've eaten here and at other Rainforest Cafes and have found them very overpriced. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We had no trouble getting a table, but we were early at 6.15pm. Service was good and they accepted the 20% discount card with no problem. We had the mixed starter and we shouldn't have - very nice but the main course portions were absolutely huge! There was no way we could finish everything. Next time we might even share a main or a main and starter. DH had the prawn and steak kebabs which were on a skewer so big it looked like a sword! I had the trio of taco salads - lovely but just one of them would have been enough! The children's food was fine but fairly average. And of course the 'show' with the rainforest animals and the thunder was entertaining as usual.
Overall a better experience than we were expecting and we would go back.
Newport Bay Hotel 2004......Davy Crockett's Ranch Feb 2008......Les Etangs Fleuris May 2008......Disneyland Hotel Oct 2008......Holiday Inn December 2008......Disneyland Hotel March 2009......Adagio Apartments May 2009......Adagio Apartments Oct 2009......Cheyenne Hotel Jan 2010......Disneyland Hotel March 2010

No ticker!!! Sob sob.
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
liberty
DIS Veteran

I love this restaurant, really good food, servers, atmosphere and not to expensive, would defentailly go again, we also had a really good table.

Although the server did try and give me the kids menu when we entered...and i'm 23!!.lol

*Disney land paris shareholder*

~DLP- HOTEL NEWYORK 2000~
~DLP- HOTEL SEQOUIA LODGE 2000~
~DLP- HOTEL CHEYENNE 2004~
~DLP- HOTEL NEWPORT BAY 2007~
~DLP- HOTEL SANTA FE 2009~
~DLP- HOTEL DISNEYLAND 2009~
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
Fiona35
DIS Veteran

We dined here last Friday and thankfully we only had a small wait for a table. We then waited about 30 mins for someone to take our drinks order! We were seated right at the back of the restaurant and apart from one other couple there was no one else there at that time and we saw no waitors! Eventually one did appear and as placed our drinks down and made to go off we said we are ready to order now, you don't have to come back half an hour later! We bothe decided on the Mojo Bones and fries and I have to say they were okay, nothing special and it was warm food, not hot but as it was about 9.30pm we were both starving and would probably have eaten anything by then!

We couldn't finish our meals as they were rather filling and also as it went cold rather quick I didn't really want to eat any more cold ribs and chips! We decided to give dessert a miss as we were really tired, think the cost of our neal tonight was about € 60 for the 2 of us including our 2 soft drinks.

I would go back again and see if we just had a bad night or if the food is always like it!!
Fiona35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #20
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

We had lunch here on our recent trip for lunch.... We had a fab meal again!!

We were the first in the restaurant by a long way, and got sat at the table next to the baby elephant, who I named Trunkie throughout our meal...

We ordered large drinks again, which I maintain are like buckets!

I really love the theming in here! I think its fab and fun!

Our food arrived, and Trunkie started making a right racket!!

Robert once more went for Mojo Bones, so I won't post another pic (Though they are in the background of mine!). I went for Rio's Salad Trio, which is Chicken Ceaser Salad, The River Wild Salad, and the Volcanic Cobb salad, all served in different taco shells.

It was the biggest meal I have ever had at DLRP!! Seriously, it was huge! Robert grabbed the menu to check it wasn't meant for two or more people!! The salads were all lovely, and I recommend them all (They bury shrimp at the bottom of the River Wild, just so you know!).... The Shrimp spring roll on top of the River Wild was a lovely touch! If I had to recommend one salad, I would say the Volcanic Cobb is very nice and filling- I loved the dressing! A special mention goes to the lovely garlicy croutons in the Ceaser Salad though- Yum!!

Although I didn't finish my main meal, we still had dessert (Naughty, I know!). Robert had the Phish Food Sundae:

While I went for the Cafe Gourmand:

Trunkie again began making a racket when the food was placed down- I think he was hungry!!

All in all, a fab meal. The bill before our 20% off from our coupon was about 78Euro. After discount I can't remember, and my maths is terrible! I shall let you all know! Quite an expensive meal, but very worth it in our opinion- We adore the theming, the food, and the lovely lovely staff.

Bob xoxoxox
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #21
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee

Oh, and heres a couple of menu pics:

I think it's also worth mentioning they've started doing a two course set menu for 21.50Euro... Sorry, I can't remember all the choices!! It was a good selection though....

Bob xoxox
Old 09-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #22
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee

Our total bill was 62Euro after discount...

Bob xoxox
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #23
ghockley1981
Wishes his work lift was ToT
Was brainwashed by the DLRP Clique!
Says your safe is very very safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
Oh, and heres a couple of menu pics:

I think it's also worth mentioning they've started doing a two course set menu for 21.50Euro... Sorry, I can't remember all the choices!! It was a good selection though....

Bob xoxox

We went here for our second night, cass had the veggie burger ( again a has brown burger but with beannsprouts in it too! ) She said it was very nice.

I had the 2 courses for 21.50, I had the rainforest burger for my main and the fishfood ice cream for desert which were both very nice and was a decent saving too.

We were sat at the table next to you Bob and the baby elephant kept on knocking the couple menu over next to us, was a great meal although the rain effect never happened for us only the light and sound effects
...Disney Cheyenne Feb 2013

Got Engaged at Disneyland Paris, took our Honeymoon at Disneyworld Florida
ghockley1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 AM   #24
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

We ate here on tues 3rd feb. we both had a set menu for 21.50 which was a main course and a dessert. there were about four choices of each. my moms fish was her fave meal of the week. my burger was so nice and cooked perfectly. i also got a non alcoholic fruit cocktail which was gorgous. ash had a kids meal and there was plenty of choice but she got chicken nuggets and chips but ate hardly anything. our waitress forget ashleighs dessert but she was too cranky anyway. i had the fish food sundae for dessert and was way bigger than the picture shows and really chocoloty so i couldnt finish it but it was lovely. my mom had the cafe gormond and she loved this. the kids meals were reduced to 7.95. our waitress was excellent as ash was asleep when we ordered and kept asking if we wanted the food heated or replaced. she was rushed off her feet but kept coming back to ask if the food was ok. a great meal and we will eat here next time as well.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #25
ilovethesun
Mouseketeer

We've been to this restaurant twice at DLP (have been a few times in the states before we moved). We have 2 daughters, almost 3 and 4.5. They LOVED the first time we went there - DH and I liked it too b/c we could get "American" food. DH loved his burger and I had a pasta meal - both were really good. The first time we were there and I ordered the rasta pasta, the server informed me of the 21.50 menu that came with dessert (which is a great deal because the pasta is like 20 alone and the desserts are around 9 euro!). OK, so that was sweet of her, I ordered that - awesome.

Ok, the second time we went there, I had a not so great (far from great) experience. Went with my kids and my sister who was in town from the states. Both of us ordered the 21.50 menu with the volcanic cobb salad (which was really good!) and the kids had the menu enfant. So when we ordered, the server confirmed that we were having two of the "cha cha" menus. OK. After the meal was over, he said, are you ready for dessert? Yes, ok. He brings us the menu (the main menu, not cha cha menu). We ordered dessert... everything's fine.

He brings the bill and there is a charge for my sister's meal and her dessert separately instead of in the menu (so an extra 9 euro) - I point it out to him, saying it was supposed to be the cha cha menu. It's at THIS POINT that he tells me her dessert wasn't on the cha cha menu. I proceeded to argue with THREE different people that he should have brought back the cha cha menu if we were limited to certain desserts rather than expect US to remember and point it out. I was even told that it wasn't the server's responsibility to remember what we ordered - on the contrary! That's their whole job!!! After about 30 minutes, they still wouldn't change my charge. I was REALLY upset and have tried to contact Rainforest Cafe 3 times to no avail. This really disappointed me because I just felt like I was being deceived.

To top it off the top manager proceeded to tell me that we could have had 2 free apperitifs with our AP... ugh. Pour alcohol on my cut why don't you.

Really bad experience... don't think I'll be going back.
ilovethesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #26
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

12.50 or 12.95e (can't remember which!) ist week of june 09
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #27
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
12.50 or 12.95e (can't remember which!) ist week of june 09
is that the child price?

i thought id posted asking but cant see my post

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #28
~Pixie Lady~
Leadfoot Fred, danced too slow and now he's dead.

We ate in here on the 21st June 2009. First of all, we thought the theming was amazing! We took some really nice photos on here, and whilst we were waiting for our meals I had a little wander around the restaurant taking in all the details - the trumpeting elephant, the little monkey faces hidden in the leaves, the parrots and butterflies, and the big fish tank with Finding Nemo type clown fish in! I've seen them before so this was most impressive for me

And of course, every so often there is a tropical rainstorm where the restaurant all goes dark and you hear the sound of thunder and rain, which all adds to the atmosphere.
Anyway, with regards to the food, it was very nice, but so pricey! My sister, mum and I chose to order from a 21.90 Euro set menu which included main course and dessert.

All three of us optend to go for Tuscan Tagliatelle Bolognese which comes with garlic bread. It was very nice, hot and tasty and the sauce was rich, however all three of us felt that we were still a little big hungry after finishing our plate, and we aren't particularly big eaters.

For the dessert part of our menu, we again all opted for the same thing and went for Moelleux au Chocolat which was like a little chocolate brownie with loads of lovely rich chocolate sauce in. This was absolutely delicious and our favourite dessert of the whole trip! In fact, my sister still talks about it now

My dad and uncle did not opt to go for the set menu as they didn't particularly like anything on it. They both plumped for Mayas Mixed Grill, at 25 euros, which they both really enjoyed. I think it consists of BBq ribs, chicken, sausages, lamb chops and a side of fries and salad.

So all in all, we found that the food and atmosphere here is very nice, however is rather overpriced (although isnt everything at DLP??). We normally tend to eat at cheaper places such as Annette's, but as it was the first night of our holiday and we wanted to try something new we thought we would try here and were not disappointed. i probbaly eat here again
~Pixie Lady~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #29
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee

We ate here at around 6:30pm on the first night of our recent trip and had a lovely meal as always!

We were shown in very quickly and sat in a lovely location right under the air conditioning (Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)... Our waiter was fantastic. Very funny and friendly, but at the same time not too fussy or overbearing.

There were a couple of special celebration cocktails on offer (To celebrate the Rainforest Cafe's birthday) so I got a Cha- Cha Celebration cocktail:

To start, we went for the Pita Quesedillas to share:

Then Robert had the Big Fajita Party (Which was huge!):

And I had the Rasta Pasta, which was served in a bowl bigger than my head! Very tasty and filling- Really enjoyed it!!

Then we were much too full to even lift a dessert menu, so we didn't succumb to our sweet tooth this time! We had a discount card, so our total bill came to 59.60Euro.

All in all, a great meal and we will definately return!!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #30
dfmalone
Disneyian In His Prime

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
This table service restaurant is located in the Disney Village, beside Lake Disney.
A varied menu including seafood, beef, chicken and pasta. Some unusual desserts.
This is a popular restaurant with families given the moving animal animatronics in the restaurant. The thunder storms my be frightening to very young children.
For a look at the restaurant press here

There is a gift shop for those you are looking for a gift to remind them of their visit.

Link to other restaurant reviews

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below

LOVE this place, we eat there EVERY single time we go to DW, this is our routine, we get checked into our Hotel the first day and shower up, then we headed to DTD to eat at RFC. The atmosphere is the best, my favorite dish is the Nile Shrimp Enbrochette we will be eating there ONCE AGAIN in 2010

2011 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2010 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 WDW Old Key West, 2008 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort ,2007 WDW Grosvenor Inn
Me and the Wife
dfmalone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: