Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
cinderkelli
Mouseketeer

Whew - Four parks in four days! 6/6-6/10 with pics!

Hey everyone! Just got back from WDW about a week ago and am ready and rarin' to write my trip report! I have been reading so many lately getting ready for my trip, so I tried to remember to take pictures as I went so I could have them in here. I love the TRs with pics.

So here is a little history on this trip. My husband went to the big Microsoft Tech Ed conference in Orlando last week which is why I went. He found out months ago that he might be going, but didn't even tell me because he knew I would freak out and get excited and that if it didn't work out I would be super disappointed. So he only told me when he was sure he could go. I couldn't believe he had known for a while it was probable and hadn't told me! But whatever, I was immediately stoked. He would have a hotel paid for, all I had to do was get on a plane!

Well, he had booked his flight out of Houston to MCO then MCO back to Dallas because we were in Houston the weekend before. I wasn't flying out until Wednesday night, so I start looking for a flight and they are EXPENSIVE! So I look for weeks and finally find one on Airtran for about $200, but I would have to connect through Atlanta. Whatever, better than paying $600 for direct flights on American. SO hotel? Check. Plane ticket? Check. The last thing was to get park tickets. Well, I work for Travelocity, so technically I am a travel agent, even though I don't actually personallly book trips for people. But I knew that we got some sort of discount so I checked in to it and turns out I can get my park tickets for about $100 cheaper than normal. So I sign up, have to pick them up and pay for them at the gate my first day there, and I am good to go!

With the major things planned, I start obsessing over which parks to go to on what days and making my iteneraries. My husband would be at his conference Thurs and most of Friday so I had alone time all to myself at the World! This was a first, and you will find I had many firsts at WDW on this trip. Good and bad...

Up next, my flight in and my first day at the parks!

Last edited by cinderkelli; 06-18-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Awesome, can't wait to hear more!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
cinderkelli
Mouseketeer

Day 0 (flying in doesn't count) and Day 1

Do many of you go to work the day you are leaving for Disney World? It is SO HARD! I did not want to be at work and I think all I did most of the day was read the DIS boards and dream about being there already. So I leave work at 3 to run and catch my plane. I had never flown air tran before so I was a little nervous, but I got assigned an exit row on my second leg of the flight! So that was my first 'first' of the trip and let me tell you. They have a LOT of extra room. It was very nice. AND they give you pretzels! I pretty much only fly American and they do not give you anything but a soda anymore. So I was a happy girl will all my extra leg space and pretzels.

The flight to Atlanta was up and down and straight to the gate, and the flight from Atlanta to MCO was too. I got straight on a bus to the Enterprise rental place and headed out. By now it is 11 o clock at night and I am tired. I have planned to be at the Magic Kingdom the next morning at opening and I want to get to bed as fast as possible. I get to Enterprise and there are, what seems like, a million people in line. Who knew so many people rented cars late at night? Now I do. I waited FOREVER to get a car and finally was on the road a little after midnight. I had to run by City Walk at that 'other' theme park to pick up my husband who had been there with some friends, then we headed to the hotel. We stayed off site at the Springhill Suites right by the Orange County Convention Center. I much prefer to stay on property, but it was a nice spacious hotel. Had a pretty good continental buffet in the morning, so thumbs up if I have to stay off property.

So we get in bed and go to sleep. I have the alarm set for about 7 the next morning so I can be up bright and early for MK. Well, we didn't get to sleep until after 1, and I do not do well without my 8 hours. So tried as I might at 7 am, I could NOT get out of bed. Even with Mickey calling my name! I roll out of bed around 8:30 and hurry as fast as I can to get ready. Another reason I hate staying off site, is you have to drive in, pay to park, and especially at the MK you have to take a tram to the monorail, wait for the monorail, then take it over to MK. It just seems to take forever and I was anxious to get there!

I got to the front gate around 10 am, and headed to guest relations to pick up my tickets. Now, hold on to your seats, because this is where the magic happens. I showed her my travel agent ID and my confirmation for the tickets and she gets them out for me. She hands them to me explaining that they are four day park hopper passes. I say great and go to hand her my credit card. She looks at my funny and says 'do you need to buy more tickets?' I say 'no, this one isn't paid for'. She just shrugs her shoulders and smiles and says 'well they gave them to you'. Did I just hear her right? I got my tickets for FREE? I was so ecstatic. I don't know if it was like a Year of a Million Dreams thing or what, but I got my Disney park tickets for FREE! So I basically float in to the Magic Kingdom, as if I wasn't already as happy as could be to be there, I just saved almost $200! Sweet!!!!

So once my feet are back on the ground I start to assess my itenerary. Well, I have sort of already blown it by being so late, so I decide just to toss it in the trash. Yes, another first for me. I spend lots of time on iteneraries for Disney and they are never just tossed aside. But it was sort of a nice feeling. I was all by myself and could do whatever I wanted all day long in one of my favorite places! What could be better? I headed straight for Space Mountain and grabbed a fastpass, then I headed back down Main Street for some breakfast. I had heard about the goodies at the Main Street Bakery so I headed in there. I picked out a chocolate chip muffin and some coffee and found a table. I apologize that I forgot to take a picture of my first WDW food! It was a chocolate chocolate chip muffin with powdered sugar on the top. I probably looked like a ten year old sitting there eating it getting it all over my face and fingers and licking it off, but it was delicious! I basically had a chocolate cupcake for breakfast, but since they called it a muffin...I say it's ok. You will find that I justify my food a lot even when I know it isn't good for me.

After breakfast I decided to test out a theory I had heard, I believe, on the WDW Radio Show podcast. Lou had mentioned that they were testing out different fastpass options, such as you could have two for different type attractions, and that we should test it out if we were in the parks. So I knew I wanted to ride Peter Pan at some point so I headed over to see if they would let me have one. Well low and behold, they gave me another fastpass! I guess because it is a different type ride than Space Mountain. Very cool. After that I walked next door to Mickey's Philharmagic and watched that. I LOVE that show. It is by far the best 4D show in WDW in my opnion. It is one of the things I can't wait to take my mom and sister to in the fall because it is new since they have last been there. Just so cute.

By then it was time for my Space Mountain fastpass so I head over and get on. I love SM, but I got put in the last seat and boy is it jerky! Being in the first seat on SM is about one of the most fun things in my opinion. Oh well. At this point it isn't time for my PP FP, so I head over to Splash Mountain to see if they will give me another FP. Turns out, SM and PP are the same 'type' of ride I guess because it wouldn't give me one and it said because I had one for PP. Then I tried to get one for Big Thunder Mountain and it let me! Guess this is in the 'thrill ride' category.

I headed back to PP and rode that and then it was time for lunch. Well I knew where that was going to be. I had been reading all about Figaro Fries at Pinocchio Village Haus on the boards and knew I had to have some. If you don't know what they are, they are basically french fries, covered in cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing. Look at all those veggies on there! Must be healthy right?

Ok, I have to go for a while, but I will try to finish at least day one today!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
cinderkelli
Mouseketeer

Day 1 Part Two

Wow I just realized how long my last post was! I will definitely try not to go on so much.

So after scarfing down the Figaro Fries I headed over to BTM via Adventureland. However, one the way, I experience another first. A not so good one. I was walking between Fantasyland and Liberty Square and I saw a commotion ahead of me. My first thought was someone was hurt because everyone was looking down. So I walked towards it and what do I see? A SNAKE!!!! Yes, that's right. There are snakes at the Magic Kingdom. It was just a little grass snake, but still. A guy was trying to corral it and finally managed to get it to swim down in to a drain. CREEPY!!!

Anyway, I made my way to Adventureland. I figured if the line for Pirates wasn't too long I would ride it, but it said 40 minutes and was way long so I kept on going. As I was walking up to BTM I got a laugh out of the theming. One box said 'Lytum and Hyde' was the company.

So after BTM I went back to POTC and the line was much shorter, but it still said 40 minute wait. I had heard the lines hadn't been as long as they shower, so I figured I would just wait since my FP for SM wasn't valid for a while. I timed it and it was only 25 minutes. Yea! I had not ridden POTC since they redid it and I really liked it. The mist effect at the beginning is very cool and the Johnny Depp animatronic is AMAZING! It looks so real. I swear he was looking right at me. =)

After Pirates I rode Splash Mountain, which is one of my favorite rides, when I experience yet another first. (I told you there were a lot of them). The ride broke down. Now I always hear about people getting stuck on different rides, but I have NEVER had a ride break down on me. But all of the sudden the music stops and so does our boat, but the animatronics are still moving and dancing, which is also quite creepy. The overhead comes on and says something about how Brer Bear and Brer Fox are making trouble up river and to stay in your boat. Hehe. Cute. It started after not too long and we were on our way down the chute!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I stayed at MK until around 6, mostly walking around, ate some popcorn, etc. Around 6 I left to go meet my husband at that other park in Orlando. Microsoft rented it out for their conference and we had the whole park to ourselves, along with free food and nice beverages. =) It was actually pretty nice, but would have been cooler if they rented out, I don't know, say....Disney?

So we got in a bit late and I had to get up early the next day to be at MK at 8:15 for the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Will I make it? Wait and see....

Highs of the day: Everything starting with free tickets to great weather to delicious Figaro Fries!

Lows of the day: Sleeping too late and snakes in a theme park! (that could be a sequal...)
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #5
cinderkelli
Mouseketeer

Day 2 - Keys to the Kingdom and Epcot

So you may remember how I don't do well without my 8 hours of sleep, so when I say we didn't get home from that 'other' park until about 1 o clock coupled with the fact that I had to be at a Keys to the Kingdom tour at 8:15, you immediately know there is trouble ahead.

My husband and I had debated on what to do for transportation because he was going to meet me at Epcot later that afternoon and we only had one car. The shuttle from our hotel only ran in the morning and at night, so I, being the kind and loving wife that I am , told him I would take the shuttle and he could have the car. I mean it came at 7:35 in the AM and no way would it take more than 45 minutes to get to MK right? WRONG! I got up in time for the shuttle - VERY tired mind you - but I made it. Only to find out they pick up at every hotel in the Orlando area! We didn't even finish picking up at all the hotels until 8:15!!! I am panicky by this point. Remember that loving helpful wife? She has gone out the window and is cursing her husband under her breath. I have, by this time, decided he should be able to read the future and known this would happen, and should have gotten a cab later to Epcot. I don't make it to the Magic Kingdom until 9 AM. What time did my tour start? 8:30 people. I was on the verge of tears when I checked in, knowing I would miss almost an hour of my tour. Well, Mickey Mouse was watching over me that day! Turns out they couldn't do the 8:30 tour because they were filming a commercial right before park opening so they made the 8:30 tour go with the 9:00 tour! He said I had only just missed them and took me right across the street where they were just doing introductions. Talk about doing a happy dance!

So the tour was awesome. There are plenty of threads about it, so I won't go in to detail, but since the Haunted Mansion was closed we didn't get to go on that, but I did take some pictures of what it looks like...

That is the entrance to the queue! It is all boarded up and it was sort of depressing to look at. But this letter on the gate from 'Master Gracey' made me smile...

That's Disney for you! They can't just tell you it is closed.

We ate lunch at the Columbia Harbor House on the tour and it was good! I hadn't eaten here before, but the tuna sandwich was really good! Highly recommended, although I didn't want my tour mates to think I was a weirdo so I didn't take a pic.

After the tour I met my husband over at Epcot. Now I am, obviously, a Disney lover. My husband? Not so much. He went a lot as a child so I think he got burnt out. I told him if he would just go to the parks, I wouldn't make him do anything he didn't want to. I lured him to Epcot with promises of drinking around the world and he liked the sound of that, but was adamant about not riding any rides! I said fine. I would be back in September, so I didn't care too much. However, I got there before him and thought I might just try to get on a couple. When I told him that he says 'Well don't ride anything you think I might like!' Haha! My plan is working! He will be a Disney lover before you know it!

So I went and rode the new Sea with Nemo and Friends cause I hadn't seen it yet. Ok, now I love all things Disney, but this is the only ride I can think of that I would say was totally LAME! You can try to disagree with me on this. Yeah, the special effects of them in the tank was cool, but honestly. I don't think I will ride that again.

When he got there I begged to ride Spaceship Earth since it will be down in September when I am there. So we rode that, Test Track and Mission:Space. He did the orange side and I did the wuss side.

After that, we were off to get our drink on! First stop Mexico for a Margarita! They had all different flavors, but we went for the normal basic Lime flavor. It was pretty good and we decided to head next door to Norway to get a snack since we were hungry. I had heard oodles about the school bread, so we got that and a Carlsberg beer and had a seat. This is my husband having a sip of his margarita (he looks kind of funny I think )

Here is a picture of the school bread, which is basically a big puffed up pastry filled with sweet cream, covered in coconut.

This seriously was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted. Just look how happy I am eating it!

After that, we stopped at China for a Ting-Sao (is that how spell that?) beer. It wasn't very good, I didn't think. Then we were off to Germany. This is what my husband was looking forward to. He loves all things German. The cars, the food, the beer, the music, everything. So we get a couple Franziskaner's (again spelling? who knows?) and a brat with saurkrat. I didn't get a chance to take a picture until my husband was halfway done with it, but here it is...doesn't it look good?

In the middle of eating I hear the clock start to chime and got all excited and ran out to take a picture. I had never seen it go off before! Really cute with the boy and girl ringing the bell.

From there we had a glass of Chianti in Italy, a Bud Light in America, then I think Japan is where we had the kaki gori's. Is that right? I may be getting Japan and China mixed up, but it was SO GOOD. I was skeptical, I mean how good can a snow cone be right? Well, I got the mandarin and it was delicious.

My husband snuck a pic while I was eating it...

Next was a beer in Morroco and it was surprisingly really good! Some sort of wheat beer that I can't remember, but tasty.

So we decide to have champagne in France, but I had to hit the little girls room so my husband goes to get in line. As I am coming out I see everyone pointing across the lake and I look and there is a really bright light coming up over the horizon with a huge plume of smoke coming out behind it. It was the space shuttle launching!! I couldn't believe how bright it was. I ran over to my husband and was yelling look look! I think I embarassed him.

Can you believe how bright it is from like 100 miles away! Crazy.

So by this time we are at the UK and we are hungry. Well, we are so close to Le Cellier and I think aloud "I wonder if we can get food to go from there". So I got a spot in the UK square to watch the Beatles come out and play while my husband who is not much of a fan, went to just ask if we could get some of that tasty cheddar cheese soup to go. Well sure enough a few minutes later he comes back with two cups of soup! It was just as delicious as I remember. I lapped that stuff up, but was still hungry. So we got some fish and chips from that Yorkshire place. I had heard they were good, but someone lied. My husband and I both thought they were the worst fish and chips we had ever had. I mean how do you mess up french fries? Sorry to those of you who like them, but yuck! This is about all we ate of them...

We watched Illuminations which is always great and then we walked to our car (of course at this point in the day I am VERY happy with my decision to let him drive since our car is now close and I am tired!). I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Up next Day 3 with the Epcot Segway tour!

Highs: School bread, Cheddar cheese soup, KTTK tour

Lows: Being late for the tour...but it worked out!

Last edited by cinderkelli; 06-19-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
svalencia1
Mouseketeer

Great report! Your pictures are making me so hungry. I loved the Keys to the kingdom tour, one of the neatest things I have done there i thought. I'm glad you didn't have to miss any of it.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Great report so far. Looking forward to the rest of your trip. Hope you enjoyed the Segway tour, we loved it last summer. Those fries looked amazing, something I hadn't heard about before, definately something to try this trip.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
The Master

subscribing...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Red face

Great report.....enjoying it very much!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 06-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #10
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

What a coinky-dink! I was there on the 8th, and i'm going back for my real trip in september too!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #11
cinderkelli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
What a coinky-dink! I was there on the 8th, and i'm going back for my real trip in september too!
Haha that is so funny. I count this as not my 'real' trip either. Where are you staying in September and when are you going? We will be there Sept 20-24, staying at Coronado Springs.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
LYNSUE
DIS Veteran

Cinderkelli

Another Dis'er who was just there and will return in September. DH and I will be there 9-20 to 9-25. (no free dining for us though, we are DVC members, so no can do).

We will be staying at the Beach Club Villa's. I just love the location so near Epcot and the Studios.

Perhaps we will cross paths during our time there.

LynSue
Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #13
cinderkelli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNSUE View Post
Another Dis'er who was just there and will return in September. DH and I will be there 9-20 to 9-25. (no free dining for us though, we are DVC members, so no can do).

We will be staying at the Beach Club Villa's. I just love the location so near Epcot and the Studios.

Perhaps we will cross paths during our time there.

LynSue
LynSue! I will have to keep an eye out. I have to admit, I did not wear my lime green Mickey Head like I should have. I brought it but totally forgot to wear it! So this time I will have it and will keep a better eye out for DISers!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
SnoopyDancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderkelli View Post
So we got some fish and chips from that Yorkshire place. I had heard they were good, but someone lied.

Lovin' your trip report!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #15
LYNSUE
DIS Veteran

Cinderkelli

Regarding the lime green mickey heads......

When I was there in May, I also had the mickey heads with me and did not wear them. How funny is that, we both did the same thing. However, in September, I will display them proudly and keep a watchful eye for others.

If we don't see any other mickey heads, I will have to listen to DH say "it must be a fading cult". But I am willing to put up with that for the sake of meeting a fellow diser.

See you in September (maybe)

LynSue

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: