Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #16
SnoopyDancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
The ears are an awesome thing to get them! I am planning to get them each a pair on our upcoming trip. Does anyone know how much are they with the name engraved and where I can get them at?
I think the ears are $12, but I could be wrong because it has been a year since I went. You can get the names engraved for free. They will engrave other hats too. I think the mad hatter has the largest selection, but you can get hats at other places too.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Ariel was on a roller coaster kick, and wanted to get on Space Mountain! This time around I let Prince Donald take the ride with her while Stitch and I strolled around the shops in TOmorrowland. I saw a penny machine and thought "How neat!" Stitch and Ariel love collections (another thing Ariel bears in common with her namesake princess!) So I dug in my purse and found the change necessary to purchase a pair of coins for each. While we were making them, a lady came over with a coin book. NEAT! I asked her where she got it and she pointed it out and I promptly went over to get one. Stitch was so anxious to tell Ariel that the moment he saw her come out of Space Mountain she yelled it at the top of his voice! She loved it! And now she was in search of new coins anywhere we turned!

Since Stitch had yet to get on a ride, we decided to go on the Indy Speedway next. While we were waiting in line my Uncle (I will call him Uncle Disney since he works here and he introduced me to the Magic) called and said he was on his way to the park to see us. We agreed to meet in front of the Cinderella castle. Stitch was beaming when he got in the car with Prince D. He kept shouting that he was going to beat us down the track! LOL And he did!

Once we were done we decided we wanted to secure a prime spot for the CInderellabration. Ariel and I have been looking forward to this from the moment we learned we were going to Disney! I searched around to see if I spotted Uncle Disney and 5 minutes later, he and Aunt Disney were upon us. I was so excited to see him. Although we talk on the phone at least once a month, and chat online from time to time, we had not physically seen each other in 3 years! He was instantly smitten by Ariel and Stitch since they greeted them as though they see them every day! The music started and the festivities began. Ariel and I were in awe by the whole performance. I know I may be a sap, but my eyes just welled up seeing this gorgeous castle before me. And they flowed when I looked over and caught Stitch holding hands with Uncle Disney, his eyes in wide-eyed wonder. That very picture was me with Uncle Disney over 20 years earlier. Aunt Disney looked over and smiled. As the Cinderellabration came to an end she whispered "Do you remember when you first laid eyes on the castle with Uncle Disney?" I responded "Do I ever! I will never forget it." I waited for the crowds to dissipate and told Uncle Disney I needed to take a picture with him in front of the castle. Afterwards we went to Pinnochios Haus for lunch. One word...YUMMY!

After lunch we said goodbye to Uncle & Aunt Disney since this was his day off and he had to run some errands. We promised to go visit him for dinner Friday evening. At this time the park was getting crowded and since we knew we were coming back on Friday for another dose of the Magic Kingdom we made it a point not to rush ourselves. In order to make things fair, we let Stitch endure a girly girl event before lunch, we decided to all go onto Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Now what a cool ride! Stitch ADORES video games, and when he saw that the concept of this ride was to get the highest score playing against Zurg and his cohorts he was in heaven! Prince Donald was right up there with Stitch! PRincess Ariel and I were in one car, while they were on the other. Ariel was a little uneasy about all the spinning I was having the car do. So when Stitch said he wanted to get back on she was not too keen on the idea. We waited while Prince D went back on with him. IT was about time for pics with Buzz, Stitch and the Incredibles so we got on line and waited till Prince D and Stitch came to find us. By this time Stitch was getting a little moody. So we let him fall asleep in the stroller while Ariel took pics. We didn't want to wake him so we walked over to the teacups and took a ride. This was an experience I wanted to share with Ariel. I told her all about my first time on them and she was excited to be going on for the first time with me.

The wonderful thing about Disney....it is around for generations to share.

Once we were done Ariel spotted Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and like Woody and Jessie they took some fun pics with Ariel. Since we had about 30 minutes till our ressies at Crystal Palace we decided to walk towards it, find a bench and people watch. We talked about what a wonderful time we were having. Prince Donald looked at me and said "Staying onsite is so....."Magical". I don't think we can ever stay off-site again." I couldn't help but smile. My sentiments exactly. Then he said "I love the Carribbean Beach, but I would love to try a new resort." I looked over at him and said "Hmmm, maybe I should plan a trip for our 10th Anniversary here. Since we always said we wanted to do a cruise again we can do a land and sea vacation." He smirked and said "We'll see...." The seeds were planted in his mind!

Six o'clock and we got up from our comfy bench and checked in for dinner. It was amazing to see how many people were turned away. It is so worth it getting up at 7am and making the reservations 3 months in advance. We had a 15 minute wait, which is nothing for us. Besides we were in Disney! We were shown to our table and like at Chef Mickey's the characters arrived out of nowhere right away! There was wonderful interaction with the children and they took thier time. I had to get my picture with Tigger! He's my favorite from the Pooh and Friends group. We took our time since we didn't want to wait too long outside for the Electrical Parade and Wishes.

About 30 minutes before it was to start we went out to stake out a spot. We were shocked at how crowded Main Street already was! We walked around and found a little area for Stitch and Ariel to sit at on the curb. Seems that the family next to them were too pooped to hang around and they told us Prince Donald and I can sit in their place. I decided to go get some popcorn and hot chocolate to tide the kids over till it bagan. The parade was just as I remembered it. It is wonderful to see that although Disney grows and puts in new things some things still remain classics (I do miss Mr. Toads Wild Adventure ).

But WISHES was a beautiful way to end the day! The song had me choked up and the pyrotechnics were incredible. As we were waiting for the bus to take us back to our resort, Prince Donald mentioned "Do you happen to know how much a land and sea vacation would run us?" OMG! Was he really saying what I think he is saying???? "I'm not sure honey, but I can get on it once we arrive home." And I gave him the biggest brightest smile! "Remember it is for our anniversary....we can't do this next year." Sure thing! I can't wait to get started on the planning!

Up Next: Mission: Shopping & Aloha with Cousins

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 06-17-2007 at 06:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
ChrisLei

Just needed to add, while I was reading this entry back to Prince D, he reminded me that after the teacups we went over to Adventureland and flew on the Magic Carpets of Alladin, toured the Jungle Cruise and ran into some Pirates of the Carribbean. We did manage to do alot that day!

And how can I forget......I had my very first DOLE WHIP! WOW, it was heavenly, and I don't know why I had never had it before. IT is DEFINITELY on my list of things to do in November!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
ChrisLei

11/23/05-

When planning this trip I knew that after 2 fun filled days of running around MGM Studios and Magic Kingdom, we would require some downtime. So today was scheduled as our relax day. Sure, being Ms. Planaholic Extrodianaire I had to plan something but rest assured it was only dinner ressies.

This was the only morning where we didn't have a wake up call. But nonetheless Ariel and I woke up bright and early. We didn't want to disturb Prince Donald and Stitch's slumber, so quietly took our showers, got dressed and tiptoed out of the room for a morning walk. Ariel and I were on a mission. We were going to lay on a hammock, relaxing in the brisk morning sunshine, listening to the birds chirping away. But first we must eat!

The last 2 mornings we ate donuts and bagels that we had packed for our roadtrip. No more of that! We went to Old Port Royale and had Mickey Waffles! Mine were with hot strawberries, Ariel's without (she is a plain Jane breakfast type of gal!) They were scrumptious! Once we were done, we took a look around. It is so cool that this indoor facility is decorated, to look like you are in an outdoor marketplace! While we were exploring Ariel found another penny machine. Of course I had no change on me so I went over to one of the cashiers and made change. 2 more for the collection!

We ventured outside and I showed Ariel the pool. She loved it! It was too early to swim so we took the trail that led to the hammocks. Her eyes lit up! We both carefully climbed on and started swaying away. I can't explain what a great 40 minutes it was. When you have more than one child, it is hard to give undevouted one on one time to one. Stitch seems to get it for the 6 hours a day Ariel is at school. But the older one always seems to get the shorter end of the stick. But on this morning it was just us two. We talked about our vacation so far, school, and how Ariel will never ever forget all the fun she has been having on this Disney trip. It made me all warm and fuzzy. Ariel is growing up so fast, and I love seeing who is materializing before my eyes. She understands how this trip is special. She knows that it isn't something we can do every year. I told her I want her to always be happy with what she has. It's wonderful to dream and set goals. And to always give thanks. Life is precious, and so was this morning time with Ariel.

We figured that Stitch would probably be waking up soon, so we walked back to Old Port Royale and bought breakfast for him and Prince Donald. Our suspicions were correct. They were both up and grateful to see us bearing edible gifts. The rest of the morning was spent on the playground at the beach and taking a quick dip in the pool. The weather was still cool so we didn't stay in long. We returned to the room, washed up and went to DTD for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (DELICIOUS) and a little shopping.

Before the trip we told Stitch and Ariel all about the shops in DTD. We also told them that they each had a limit in what they can spend. Each had $50 to pick what they want, so they needed to pick wisely. Ariel knew exactly what she wanted. She purchased the stuff a box of My Little Pony items, a bracelet, and a wind up dancing princesses. Stitch bought the box filled with Mr Potato Head pieces and a Power Rangers playset. They were content! I had my own limit and I bought a personalized ornament to commemorate our 1st Family Trip and a couple of boxes of Mickey Mac and Cheese for when we want to relive the magic! Prince D ended up buying a DIsney paperweight for his work office.

Spending the afternoon in DTD was wonderful. We even ended up taking a great pic of Stitch and Ariel for our Christmas cards! We decided to head back to the room and rest up for dinner. We had plans with our "Cousins"!

We each had saved our MGM days table service credit in order to use it for a signature dining experience. The one we were looking forward to was The Spirit of Aloha. Our dreams are to one day go to Hawaii and experience an authentic luau, so the idea of getting one in the middle of Disney was a great concept. I had asked for other DISer's opinion of it, and the majority said it wasn't worth it. I contemplated scratching it from our itiniary but Prince D and I kept thinking, it is something we want to do, so we should try it and go in with no expectations.

Are we glad we decided to stick to our original plans! When we arrived we were greeted by our "cousin" and we were all "Leied". We were then whisked over to take a family picture, and then we followed our "Cousin" to our table. We heard that if we made our ressies with less than 6 months anticipation (as we did) we would be seated in the back. I guess we had pixie dust this trip because we were seated at a table, front and center. The food was servced family style and it was oh so tasty! The storyline was cute and the dancers and flame throwers were fantastic. We went in expected the worst, and left extremely content.

Since we drove to the resort, we headed back to the car and Ariel and Stitch promptly fell asleep. We carefully put thier pjs on and put them to bed. It was the end of a fun relaxing day!

UP NEXT: Hey it's NATAZU & Bomas.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #20
ChrisLei

Thanksgiving Day- 11/24/05

We have heard many rumors that EVERYONE who takes a trip around Thanksgiving arrives this weekend, so we planned to get up bright and early and get to the Animal Kingdom ASAP!

Again we went to the bus stop and everyone seemed to be heading to Magic Kingdom or Epcot. We fortunately for the 3rd day had a bus that was half full. We felt so special!

We arrived just as the opening ceremony was about to begin. Talk about luck! We held Stitch and Ariel so that they can see Mickey Mouse appear by the Tree of Life. As soon as it was over we made a bee line to the Safari! There were lots of people heading the same way but fortunately our wait was only 10 minutes. Lucky thing all the animals were out and about. What stinks is that it seems that our rechargeable batteries were malfunctioning. So we didn't get to take very many pictures. Stitch kept asking of the elephants were going to step on us. He was a funny sight!

Those DISer who warned me of how crowded it becomes starting on Thanksgiving Day, were not kidding! When we disembarked from the Safari the crowds were incredibly large! We made our way to Pocohontas and Friends. It was alot of fun for me since my dad's friend plays the role of Pocohontas this day. She did an awesome job. Ariel and Stitch got to sit up close while the parents sit behind the rows of children. This proved to be a bit worrisome for Ariel. When the show finished she was in tears. She said she was afraid we would not find her . I gave her a big hug and told her we would search high and low for her. Even still, I don't think I would mind being left behind and being a real princess and living in the castle permanently! LOL

We checked the time and realized that the Lion King Show was about to begin, so we parked our stroller and walked in. This show is incredible. I can't say enough about all the thought that goes into these Disney productions. They are all so entertaining!

It was just about lunchtime and we decided we wanted to get something not to filling since we had dinner reservations at Boma's at 6pm. So we decided to go to Pizzafari. Now my two have never found a pizza they don't like.....until now. I'm not sure if it was too saucy or what, but they did not eat much of it. I felt bad having to dump it all. They did end up eating thier desserts!

After lunch we went to Dinoland. Uncle Disney told me I can not miss getting on the Dinosaur ride. Since fortunately there was very little wait, Ariel and I went on line. I loved this ride, Ariel hated it! The picture they took was HILARIOUS!!!!! Poor Ariel, looked like she was terrified. We came out and I insisted that Prince Donald go on. He went on while I waited outside with Ariel and Stitch. He thought it was amazing but can see how Ariel would be terrified!

Since we were in Dinoland, we went on the rest of the Dino themed rides. By now it was about 4pm. We wanted to go back to the room before going to Bomas so we trekked back to the Tree of Life and to A Bugs Life show. Stitch was not enjoying this one! He hung to my neck the whole time. Ariel didn't mind it so much but did not like "The stinky part". Since this park was sooooo crowded we left as soon as we were done.

We got to see Expedition Everest, but unfortunately it was yet to open. Maybe in a few years we can go there.

We made it back to the room, washed up and got ready for our Thanksgiivng dinner. We decided to drive to the Animal Kingdom Lodge instead of having to take 2 buses to and from there. This resort is stunning! We couldn't wait to finish dinner to get to take a look around. Since it was Thanksgiving there was a bit of a wait. But it was worthwhile. Prince D and I are quite adventureous eaters and tried a little of everything (except the area with the traditional Thanksgiving fare of Turkey and stuffing. Get that all the time!) I fell madly in love with the Butternut squash soup. OMG! It was mouthwatering. And now I can truly appreciate everyone's love for the zebra domes. Stitch and Ariel stuck to tried and true fare of mac and cheese, chicken fingers and french fries.

We rolled ourselves out of there and went exploring. There were musicians that entertained the children and showed them how to beat on the drums and play other musical instruments. It was truly alot of fun. Prince Donald mentioned that in the future he would love to stay at this resort. And he says he is not a Disney Fan!!!!

Up Next: Extra Magic Hours in the Magic Kingdom!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing. I was glad that your Aloha dinner was great! Just like you, I think it would be fun but have read lots of mixed reviews about it.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #22
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
Thanks for sharing. I was glad that your Aloha dinner was great! Just like you, I think it would be fun but have read lots of mixed reviews about it.
Thanks for reading!

I was really nervous about it once I read all the reviews, but was glad I did it. Now we are your happy go lucky type of family that does not pick apart everything with a fine tooth comb. (when it comes to planning things, yes, but enjoying something....not at all). I suppose for many who have been to Hawaii, it must pale in comparison, but this is the closest to Hawaii as we will get for now! LOL Besides we were having the time of our life in Disney!

I say if you are leaning towards it, go for it! Enjoy!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #23
ChrisLei

11/25/05-

Prince Donald was really NOT looking forward to this morning. Not because he had had enough of the House of the Mouse, but because he is not a morning person. Give him a perfect start to a day and it would be sleeping in till 11am. Stitch can definitely hang with him, since he enjoys sleeping in. But unfortunately thier home is balanced with 2 early birds! For Ariel and I sleeping in means wasting away a perfectly wonderful few hours that you can actually be DOING something! LOL

This morning was one of them. EXTRA MAGIC HOURS at the Magic Kingdom!Prince D and Stitch were not too happy that I scheduled for 6:15am wake up call. Knowing what we had in store Ariel and I jumped the moment we heard the phone ring. And YET AGAIN, dead silence on the other end. I suppose we had a defective phone.

Although there were a few grunts and sighs, Prince Donald and Stitch were ready on time. We all had some bagels with cream cheese in the room and made our way to the bus stop. What a difference from earlier in the week! I think everyone was waiting at the bus stop! This was the first time we experienced a crowded bus all week. Lucky thing we managed to get on the first bus, standing room only. A sweet woman told us to sit the kids on the seat beside her and she scooped up her about 4 year old on her lap. Ariel and Stitch shared the seat, while the woman and I made small talk.

Along the way my cell phone rang...It was my brother (we'll call him Goofy, because...well, he's Goofy! LOL). Our Dad had managed to get him a comp ticket and he would be joining us. He asked what time we would be going to the park. "Um...we just arrived at the park!" He couldn't believe it. I told him to call me back when he arrived at the Magic Kingdom. He wouldn't be able to get in until regular park hours anyway. Just as I finished the call we arrived at the gates.

Perfect timing too, they were just letting us in. We headed straight to Fantasyland. It seems that it was a great idea since everyone was heading towards Tomorrowland at that moment. We walked right onto It's A Small World. Of course my Girly Girl Ariel LOVED it! What is amazing about today's extra magic Hours was the fact that we were able to get on every single Fantasyland ride before the ropes dropped for general admission! We walked right on without lines to Snow White's Scary Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo, and Cinderella's Carousel. Prince Donald was beaming! This is perfect! he exclaimed.

Once we were done riding it was about time for general admission to come in. We went on line for a photo with Ariel. That was one of our longest wait that day, but it was so worth it! Our Ariel was in awe. The real Princess Ariel was awesome! She chatted with Ariel and complimented her on her beautiful hair and told her all about her dinglehopper. It was great! Ariel could have stayed there all day if you let her! LOL We left the grotto in perfect timing. Goofy was walking right towards us.

Did I mention how HOT it was yet? Yes, after the cold front that had given us unseasonably cool days, the Florida heat came upon us with a vengeance. This is what reminds me that although most of my family lives in the Sunshine State, there is no way I can handle this weather day in and day out! We mustered on over to Toontown because what is a visit to Magic Kingdom without pictures with Mickey Mouse! The lines were long! But fortunately Ariel and Stitch were entertained looking through Mickey's House and watching the cartoons playing on the television screens. Pluto was really in character, licking all of us, it was too much fun! And our Goofy was so happy to get pictures with his namesake!

When we were done in the big tent, we looked at the time and figured we could get one more ride in before our lunch in the castle. Now Stitch was so upset that he couldn't ride any of the roller coasters. But we told him today would be different. Stitch measured 35 inches at his last well visit, so guess what???? He can ride Goofy's coaster! He was bursting with excitement! I think he bounced the whole way down the line! When we arrived at the front, the CM looked at him and said "Oh...I don't know if you are big enough..." Stitch's face ashened. THe CM placed him next to the pole, and he JUST MADE IT! We all clapped! And as luck would have it, we had the front cars too! He kept giggling with excitement and anticipation. The ride started and the look on his face was classic! He beamed and laughed the whole ride around! We cheered at the end of his first ever roller coaster ride. When we got off he said "I LOVE roller coasters!" Stitch was in heaven!

Since it was almost time to report to the castle, I told Prince Donald I would treat Goofy to lunch since we had one lonely counter service. We told Goofy all about the delicious lunch at Pinnochios Haus and he said sure he'd love that. I went in and got his lunch complete with a Mickey Rice KRispies treat and we made plans to meet on Main Street for the parade. He kept our bags as a way to secure us a spot on the curb.

The moment Ariel and I dreamed about was about to begin. Ever since I was a little girl I loved the castle. DUring countless trips I would see little girls go in to dine at the castle and wish that it was me. Economically it was never the right time. Which I fully understood. But this time it would be different. At age 33 my wish would come true! Not only would I be realizing my childhood dream, I would be doing it with my own little princess! Words can't express how I felt to finally be able to go through those double doors!

We went into the grand foyer and gave our name to the attendant. She greeted us and told us to go on line for a picture with Cinderella. We had Ariel take one with her first, and then all of us for a family portrait. Stitch loved the thrones and the coat of arms. We couldn't wait to go up the grand staircase. Ariel wanted to know if Jasmine was here and I asked the CM. Had our reservation been 10 minutes prior, she would have gotten a picture with Jasmine. Bummer!

We were then walked up the staircase to the dining room. It was filled with little girls dressed in thier princess finery. Ariel donned her Cinderella costume just for this lunch. I knew exactly what I was going to order. THe Major Domo's pie! I had heard rave reviews of it and it didn't disappoint! Prince D had the salmon, Ariel had the chicken fingers and Stitch was given pasta. The first princess to come over was Aurora dressed in her pink dress followed by Snow White. Belle came over and we were a bit disappointed that she was dressed in her plain blue dress. We later discovered that in Epcot she is in her gold gown. Oh well! Wendy came over next (OK, when did she become a princess???? ) and the a not too friendly Fairy GodMother. We took our time eating our lunch because we wanted to make this moment in the castle last as long as we could. We were presented our pictures which of course we purchased (at the time we went the Cinderellas Gala Lunch was 1 TS credit and did not include the pictures.) Dessert came and we all loved it! Before long we were done, and it was time to bid farewell to our magical castle lunch.

We walked down Main Street and found Goofy. He secured a perfect spot along the parade route. Of course we roasted in the sun! It was really really hot! I decided to go and pick up some soft drinks for all of us to cool down while we waited. Finally the music began and we were entertained with a parade of a grand scale that only Disney can provide. Once it was over, we decided that we would go back to the room to do the dreaded packing, relax, and then wash up and get ready to go over to Uncle Disney's house for dinner.

Up Next:
Time to Say Goodbye to the Mouse & Final Thoughts

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #24
SnoopyDancer
Mouseketeer

It sounds like you had a great time! It won't be much longer until you're there again.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #25
ChrisLei

11/25-11/26/2005-

When we went back to the room, all we wanted to do was rest. So we all ended up taking a nap. We woke up with a start! Dinner at Uncle Disney's house! We scrambled about to get bathed and dressed and ready to go. Dinner was wonderful. It meant so much to spend time with Uncle & Mrs. Disney. We left at about 9:30pm promising that we would come visit again when we were in Florida and having him promise to come see us soon.

We arrived back to the Carribean Beach Resort to the somber task of packing our suit cases. This was something we didn't want to do because it meant it was over. We tackled the task and left out our traveling clothes for the next morning.

Our wake up call was for 6am. We wanted to hit the road early since we knew that this is the busiest shopping weekend of the year. Check out was painless. And we all waved goodbye to Disney with a bittersweet smile!

THE END!!!!

Final Thoughts:

- Time of the Year- The days prior to Thanksgiving are very light on visitors. We never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get on a ride!

- Extra Magic Hours- DEFINITELY worthwhile! It makes so much of a difference especially if you stick to a particular area.

- Disney Magic Your Way Plus Dining- I can not say enough positive things about this! It is definitely cost effective. It is a wonderful way to enjoy many table service restaurants that you normally may not have set money aside for.

- Dining Reservations- If you don't mind scheduling where you want to eat months in advance it definitely pays off to do this. I can not tell you how many people were turned away from the restaurants we had ressies for. Prince Donald was a definite convert. He originally thought I was nuts for making the ressies and when he saw those without them fretting as to where they were going to use their Dining Plan at, he looked over at me and said Great idea!

Fold Up Hamper- This was a great idea I got from the DIS boards. It was great to contain all the dirty clothes to one area and waiting till packing day to put them away. This way the sweaty clothes had a chance to air out instead of smelling up the suitcase.

If Something Peaks Your Interest...- Go for it. We almost took the majority's vote that Spirit of Aloha was not worthwhile.....ALMOST! We are so happy we ended up going. We had a wonderful time. Remember, what floats someones boat may not necessary float anothers.

Be Prepared- For anything! Take an emergency medicine kit and include a sleeve of saltine crackers in it. I can't stress how much this helped us out on Day 2!

Somethings We Wish We Did In Hindsight:

- Wait till the end of the trip to purchase photos.- We unfortunately purchased pics each day. By the end of the trip, we bought the equivilent of the photopass CD. We could have had ALL our photos instead of just 8.

Speaking of PhotoPass- Keep the card handy. This way instead of having 5 separate cards that can get lost, you have all your pics on one pass.
We ended up losing the card of pics we took at Toontown

Well, that's all folks. I hope you enjoyed my report. Better late than never! Hopefully you will join me as I start my pre-trippie for our next WONDERful vacation to the World!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #26
mlill
Tagless since 2000!
Tagless, but not forgotten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
But WISHES was a beautiful way to end the day! The song had me choked up and the pyrotechnics were incredible. As we were waiting for the bus to take us back to our resort, Prince Donald mentioned "Do you happen to know how much a land and sea vacation would run us?" OMG! Was he really saying what I think he is saying???? "I'm not sure honey, but I can get on it once we arrive home." And I gave him the biggest brightest smile! "Remember it is for our anniversary....we can't do this next year." Sure thing! I can't wait to get started on the planning!

Your DH is a keeper! You guys are going to have SUCH a good time on your next trip! It'll be here before you know it! If your next TR is anything like this one, it's gonna be wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to write this TR and let us get to know you and your family. I'm really looking forward to reading about your cruise!

Happy Planning!
-Michelle
Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #27
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlill View Post
Your DH is a keeper! You guys are going to have SUCH a good time on your next trip! It'll be here before you know it! If your next TR is anything like this one, it's gonna be wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to write this TR and let us get to know you and your family. I'm really looking forward to reading about your cruise!

Happy Planning!
-Michelle
Thanks so much Michelle!

I am counting down the days till our trip! I will be keeping my eye out for your next trippie as well!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #28
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed the report. I am glad that you and your family had the chance to dine at the castle. I think it would be fun.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #29
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
Enjoyed the report. I am glad that you and your family had the chance to dine at the castle. I think it would be fun.
Thank you for reading the report. I am so glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to get started on my pretrippie, but I keep thinking, I am still in triple digits, maybe I should wait. LOL

Have a wonderful day!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 06-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #30
emilyclaire
Mouseketeer

So glad you found my trip report so I could find yours! You are a very engaging writer. I'm really enjoying it!

Me: DH: DS:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: