Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
klynch
Mouseketeer

Where to get Adult beverages near airport or Port?

I called Disney and they don't care what water, soda or liquor you bring on board as long as you bring it on yourself. I'm flying in the night before and staying in the Hyatt in the Orlando Airport. We're getting a limo to take us to the port in the morning so we don't have to rent a car.

Is there a liquor store that anyone knows of between the Airport and the ship? Of course I know there is I just don't know where. The Limo will give us a courtsey stop but I need specifics.

We're on the 2 week repo in May. I want to load up on bottled water for the kids and booze for Dad and Mom. J
2000 - 2005 14 times onsite in 5 years! I must be crazy....
OKW - Feb 2005 SUPERBOWL - EAGLES!!
Magic - 2000 East
Magic - 2001 West
Magic - 2002 West
Magic - 2004 Thanksgiving East
Magic - Panama Crossing 2008
klynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I don't know what day of the week the repo leaves on and I can't answer your question but just wanted to let you know that most of the counties in FL are "dry" until Noon on Sundays. So if you're departing on a Sunday you may need to be even more creative in your planning.......i.e. go later or shop for your liquor on Sat. night..... I would call the limo company and talk to them about it. I'm sure they do this all the time and have regular places where they stop. Please know also that they recently changed the rules about taking large amounts of liquids onto the ship - it all has to fit into your carry-on day bags now. You can't have a case of water checked with your luggage and sent directly to your room any more.

We're going to WDW on a Thurs for 3 n pre-cruise and I think we're going to book a car thru Happy Limo. Our cruise departs on a Sunday so we're going to add our stop between MCO and WDW rather than trying to do it on Sunday. They had a place they recommended for a stop called Albertsons or something - she said it's sort of like a Super Walmart and we can get our beer etc there. They even gave me the phone number so I could call ahead with my order - she said they would have it ready & waiting up front so we could just run in & pick it up. I have found most of the people who work at the car service companies to be very helpful. Call yours and ask them for suggestions.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
klynch
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas

We're leaving on a Saturday on the Magic for a Panama cruise. Good idea on calling ahead, that should speed things up. Now that you mention it, I wonder if they might not even deliver an order to the hotel? ABC stores sell liquor, wine and beer. Albertsons, Publix's and even super Walmarts all sell beer and wine. I know of a Walmart that has a liquor store down on Rt27 near 192.

The limo company knows they have regular grocery stops, I'm sure the driver know the local beverage stops. You can go online and find ABC stores if you enter the zip code. There's a couple of them right near the Airport.

There is a publix and liqour store in the shopping plaza at the entrance to Downtown Disney just off I-4 at exit 64 I think. There are about 12 restraunts in that chopping plaza too. Have the limo driver swing past there on the way from MCO

That's an attention grabbing name you have there Annie
2000 - 2005 14 times onsite in 5 years! I must be crazy....
OKW - Feb 2005 SUPERBOWL - EAGLES!!
Magic - 2000 East
Magic - 2001 West
Magic - 2002 West
Magic - 2004 Thanksgiving East
Magic - Panama Crossing 2008
klynch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: