Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #31
mummybear
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at The Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Premmiere Classe at Bussy, The Disneyland Hotel and our last stay was The Dream Castle. I would definately agree that Dream Castle was DEFINATELY the best

If money was no object, every stay would be there.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was lots for children to do, and I was impressed with breakfast, more so than the Disneyland Hotel. We found that at the Dream Castle, the food was replenished quicker and tables were cleared faster. Also you do not have to select a time for breakfast, so we went to the park for EMH and then came back to eat. Breakfast was served 7am - 11am.

The shuttle buses were quite frequent, it did state every 15 mins (I think) but sometimes 1 followed another, so didn't have to wait too long. Journey took anything from 10-15 mins, depending on how many people were getting on and off from the other hotels. I think the last scheduled one to leave the park is 23.55. And they did start early.

Highly recommend
mummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #32
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

I agree their breakfast was yummy and the childrens ball pit was a hit with dd and nephew! Plus the pool although I thought the rock edge was a bit dangerous with kids.

They have a vending machine too which sells sandwiches, fruit, yoghurts etc and another that sells juice, water, pop, crisps, choc etc

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #33
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Does anyone know if you can hire a kettle.
Hoping to manage with hand luggage only so won't have room for one in the case.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #34
Carpgirl
Mouseketeer

They now provide kettles in the rooms. I think we had tea, coffee & little milks too
Carpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #35
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Excellent, thank you
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #36
josefeagle
Earning My Ears

I live in the hotel in February 2011, and my partner we are visiting Disneyland. First is slightly further than other hotel, recommended that consideration be given to the Park's free shuttle bus.
josefeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #37
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I am happy to say my last trip - February 2011 - the shuttle bus service was excellent - good to keep in mind that one bus will often stop at all four associated hotels.

* 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #38
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

We stayed here for 4 days/3 nights this week. This is the third of the offsite hotels we have stayed at. We booked with Eurostar travel and the cost of Eurostar and hotel for the 2 of us was just under £600. Bear in mind that we didn't need Park tickets - if you don't have APs you will need to factor in this cost too.

There was no queue for check in. Although it wasn't yet 3 o'clock, our room was ready. The clerk was very nice and thorough - explaining all about the shuttle buses and the location of the bar, restaurants, pool and health spa etc. We were told that the last shuttle bus at this time of year leaves the Village at 11.55 pm.

Our room was on the 5th (top) floor but there are 3 lifts on each side of the building. At first viewing the room seemed a little smaller than other 4 star hotels at Disney (DLH, HNY, Magic Circus) but I think it was just because it had a dormer window and sloping roof, so the end of the room appeared smaller.

The bed was king sized and very comfortable. An unexpected bonus was an empty fridge in the room. You could request that it be filled and use it as a mini bar, or you could just use it as a fridge. It was cool, but possibly not cold enough to store baby milk in. It was ideal though, for keeping our water cool.

The flat screen TV wasn't huge, but they had an impressive number of channels, including BBC1 and CBEEBIES as well as lots of French channels and....... Disneyland TV and the Top Ten Things to Know Before You Go!

We didn't try room service but I noticed it was until 11 pm each night. I think it started at 7 am.

There was a safe in the wardrobe. It was big enough to store a tablet PC in as well as passports, Nintendo DS and still a bit of room to spare. Strangely enough there are no drawers, but there were shelves in the wardrobe and we used those instead.

There is a kettle provided as well as coffee, tea and sugar sachets, UHT milk cartons, 2 mugs and plastic stirrers.

The bathroom had a lovely hot and powerful shower, hairdryer with 2 settings, magnifier shaver mirror on a swivel stand and shaver point. The toiletries provided (shower gel, shampoo and liquid soap) were all L'Occitane.
Our rooms had been cleaned (nicely) by midday each day.

One thing I was surprised at was no wireless internet. There was wired network you could pay for, but with so many people having smart phones and tablet PCs, I'm surprised it wasn't wireless. However they have an internet 'corner' on the second floor with 2 computers for free general use, both connected to the internet. On the 2 days I went to use them there was always one free in the middle of the afternoon.

We didn't try any of the treatments at the spa. Neither did we use the pool. We went to, but it looked a little small and was a bit crowded so we changed our mind. The towel hire was €2.

We were at breakfast before 7.15 each morning so there was never any queue - we just chose a table and then got stuck into the buffet. The hot food didn't come out until about ten minutes after the place opened so don't despair as I did on my first morning ("What? No hot food?") There was bacon, sausages, potato tots, baked beans and scrambled eggs. The pancakes were also hot with a choice of honey or chocolate spread. There was a choice of cereal and the usual cold meats and cheeses to choose from as well as fresh fruit cocktail, pear halves in juice, bread (toaster available), rolls, croissants, pain au chocolat, yoghurts, cream cheese, 4 types of jam. A microwave was there for those who like their cereal hot. There were hot drinks and 3 types of juice as well as water. All that we tried we liked.

The gardens were very pretty, laid out in squares and very fragrant with different herbs planted out.The bar opened out to a terrace with tables and umbrellas to shelter from the sun. There is a gate down to the lake where lots of people were walking, sitting on benches, sunbathing or even *gasp* jogging.

The hotel allows you to buy Disney Express service for €11 Euros per room. We chose this and our luggage was waiting for us at the station - worth every cent in my opinion.

Overall there is much to recommend this hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

I only took 2 photos that show the hotel - one is the view from our room as the sun came up and the other is the view from the lake up towards the hotel.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #39
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

We stayed here from Sunday 6th November to 9th November.
We arrived to check in at around 9.15am. My first impression was the scent as you enter the main doors - I think Strawberry bonbons, DD thinks Calpol !

My next impressions were boy its noisy in here, and there are 2 queues of people, one to check in and one to check out. After about 5 minutes waiting, a 3rd staff member appeared so from then the guests were dealt with quickly. Our room was ready for us, room 1147 on the same level as reception.

the rooms and corridors were lovely, well decorated and clean. We had a king-size bed and a set of bunks in our room, easy chair, chair and dressing table, TV and fridge, wardrobe with safe, bedside tables, and coat hooks next to the wardrobe. Extra pillows in the wardrobe, and all the beds were made, even though there were only the 2 of us booked into the room.

There are no timeslots for breakfast at this hotel, you are seated by a waitress. On our first morning we were in the restaurant on the left as you come down the stairs, and although it was busy, there was no queue to be seated and plenty of access to the buffet items and hot drinks machine. The other 2 mornings we were in the restaurant on the right, again, no problems getting seats or getting our food and drinks.

The continental breakfast selection was good, (I became slightly addicted to croissants with cream cheese ) but the coffee wasn't nice (I switched to tea after the first cup), and neither were most of the hot breakfast items. The bacon was good (streaky but crisp, I like cremated crispy streaky bacon and managed to get this every morning) and the cubed potatoes were also good. The scrambled eggs were a very strange consistency and were not seasoned at all, the beans were pale looking and slightly crunchy to the taste, and the sausages looked very anaemic (so I didn't try them).

We didn't have time to go swimming in the pool here, and really didn't spend any time in the public areas except to check in/out and go to breakfast.

The shuttles to and from the parks ran very well, we didn't wait any longer than 10 minutes at the most for any journey, and often in the evening coming back from the Village you'd see one 54 bus arriving at the bus stop just as another was leaving. Each morning from 8.30 until noon the buses only serviced 2 hotels instead of 4, so the Magic Circus and Dream Castle were paired up, and the Kyriad and Explorers had their separate bus.

I think I prefer the layout of the public areas of the Dream Castle slightly over the Magic Circus, but apart from that I really don't think theres much to choose between the two hotels.

We really enjoyed our stay here, and hope to return.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #40
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

We stayed here for 1 night on the last night of our trip - Wednesday 9th May 2012

The exterior is beautiful, it's a lovely looking hotel. On walking in there is a real sweet candy floss smell this is really nice Lewis loved the lobby area:

There is also an area with arcade machines and some pool tables. Personally, I'd have preferred it if these had been hidden away a bit more.

We were seen at reception quite quickly and checked in ok. Our bags had been transferred from another hotel and the receptionist said they were in the baggage room before I'd even mentioned it. We were given our room 4085. Unfortunately on entering the room there was a distinct smell of cigarette smoke. DH phoned down to reception and they said housekeeping would come up, but we knew that they wouldn't be able to get rid of the smell. So we went back to reception, this time having to wait 40 minutes to be seen! The receptionist was apologetic, but given that we were the only people waiting, I think it was a bit too long a wait. We were given another room next door, 4083, so went back up and transferred our stuff. On first look the room seemed fine:

I liked the tea and coffee facilities. Also a small fridge, but not very cold - more cool. TV had UK channels, BBC, Cebeebies etc.

Bathroom was small, but everything there you'd need. Loccitane toiletries, hairdryer, plenty of towels and a good shower.

I liked this picture on the bathroom wall

Beautiful view from our room

The wardrobe has a safe and extra pillows. Lewis loved that there was a curtain across the bed and individual beds.

However, we didn't have the best of nights. We had been at the park all evening and got back late, after 11pm. I had set the air con to full, as it was warm, but when we got back it had no effect, despite hearing it on. Abbey wasn't able to sleep properly as the bunk bed is not full size. We booked 3 adults and 1 child but the bunks are not full size, so not really suitable for a 15 year old. The double bed had a large lump in the middle which mean I rolled over the side all night. There was also a large crack in the bathroom sink and loose tiles on the floor.

If we were staying more than one night or had noticed all of these things earlier we would have asked to be moved. But, given that we had been on the go all day there was no way I was asking to move everything at close to midnight.

Breakfast was not too great either. The hot items were either under or over done. The cereal was not very good, not branded, and there was little choice of bread rolls. Also no apple juice - ds doesn't drink fresh orange so he was stuck with nothing to drink.

All minor niggles, and to be honest us being exhausted didn't help give a good view on things. I was so disappointed that we didn't have a good stay as had really been looking forward to staying here. I think we maybe just got some bad luck here as all other review have been good. On the plus side there was free wifi in the lobby, not in the room, which Abbey made good use of.

Last edited by Ms Poppins; 05-12-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Ms Poppins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #41
belle24
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a recent review/photos of this hotel?? I'm thinking of staying here 1 night in feb at end of stay and never stayed offsite before so want an ice hotel for our last night.
Xmas@DLP Santa Fe Nov 2013 DLP Santa Fe Feb 2014
belle24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #42
asmit4
DIS Veteran

How do you get from the train station to the hotel?

Has anyone used this hotel as their 'base' to go into Paris for a couple of days- back and forth? It's SO much cheaper than the hotels IN paris.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:01 AM   #43
addverbaan
Mouseketeer

There is a free shuttle from the station to the hotel and back - takes about 10mins each way. I think the train from Disney to Paris takes about 40 minutes or so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: