Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #16
littlelizzie
Mouseketeer

Yes, there is a safe in the wardrobe.

Previous trip to Florida stayed:

Villa at Windsor Hills ~ October 16th to Novermber 6th 2009
!!
Previous trips to Disneyland Paris stayed at:
Sequoia Lodge ~ 4 nights October 2010 .. Sequoia Lodge ~ 4 nights November 2008 .. The Dream Castle ~ 5 nights June 2007 .. Explorer Hotel for 2 nights and Holiday Inn for 2 nights ~ October 2006 .. Holiday Inn for 5 nights ~ June 2006

littlelizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #17
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing to this so that I can remember the hotel name. This looks great for our 2 little princesses. We are not going until 2009 but it looks great.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #18
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Updated Satelite Photo of Dream Castle

I was checking out Microsoft Live Maps and it seems that they've updated their section on Disneyland Paris. Now, the area is much clearer, including this shot of the Dream Castle hotel.

mikelan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #19
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
Now, the area is much clearer, including this shot of the Dream Castle hotel.
Excellent

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #20
owenwoods
Earning My Ears

Cool Drean Castle Hotel

I would have to agree with Liz and her great review of the Dream Castle hotel as i have also stayed there twice, Feb'07 and June'07.
I have just got back from the New York hotel Aug'07 and my DP prefered the Dream Castle!!!, even with the shuttle bus.

owenwoods
owenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #21
Cazgal
Mouseketeer

Can you drive from here to DLP rather than take the free bus - and if so is parking free ?
Cazgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #22
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Yes you can drive- its only a few minutes although parking is not free unless you have a dream AP.
In summer we used to drive from Holiday Inn (next to dream castle) and park at Hotel New York (free with dream pass) as it was nearer than official carpark.

Not sure how much it is to park at official park
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #23
lojo
Mouseketeer

Just back from a stay at the Dream Castle. Not much to add to Little Lizzies's report - I can't believe how comprehensive her report was, so much detail and so many photos, in fact, it was the clincher in our decision to stay at the Dream Castle. So thanks Lizzie.

Reception area

Check-in handled quickly and easily, staff lovely and were very helpful with general questions. We enquired about the amount of walking and getting on and off the Paris tour bus that goes from the Hotel New York because my mum tires easily and finds steps difficult. They suggested that, while she might be able to manage the tour, we consider upgrading to a private tour. While this was more expensive, it gave my mum and sister a wonderful day in Paris, the driver tailored the tour to their requirements, stopping the car really close to the sights so that minimal walking was involved and in some cases just so that they could take photos. They would never have thought of doing it themselves and considered it well worth the extra cost, especially as pickup and dropoff were at the hotel.

There is a little flight of steps in front of the reception desk which allows small children to see over the desk and chat with staff - a nice touch I thought.

Restaurant

Agree with all the positives already listed in Lizzie's report, but have a couple of negatives to add.

Getting a table already laid with cutlery was a bit of a gamble, no problem getting my own cutlery, but found that (as with many places) you had to check to make sure they were clean - some food just doesn't come off completely in dishwashers.

There are two dining rooms, one on the right when you come down the stairs and one on the left. Only the one on the right was open the first two mornings we were there, and only the one of the left on the last morning. The one on the right seemed to have more choices and they brought a coffee pot to your table, the one on the left had coffee machines so you had to get it yourself.

Both rooms had microwaves for heating baby food etc, but I used them to heat up our food. I love buffets but they never seem to have hot plates and as a result by the time you get back to your table the food is cold.

For people with limited mobility - there is a lift from the reception floor down to the restaurant floor, but it isn't obvious at all. In fact, you have to go through doors marked 'emergency exit only' to get to the restaurant from the lift and vice versa. If you need to use the lift ask someone, because there are two sets of lifts, and the one you need is dependent on which dining room is being used (you can probably get through from one dining room to the other but if the point is to save walking you might as well get the right lift in the first place).

Rooms

Loved the rooms, we booked two king rooms and one family room, but asked that they be close to each other. As a result we ended up with three family rooms. This might not suit everyone, but it was really handy for us. Two of our rooms were adjoining with an internal door between them - also handy for us, it felt like we had a suite. These two rooms looked out over the gardens and although they were on the 'ground floor' actually were raised up (the back of the hotel grounds drop down, so rooms on the reception floor are not actually at ground level). This again was great for us because no stairs were involved, it was really quick getting to the room and out, and we had the security of not being at ground level.
The doors from reception into the rooms corridor seemed to do a good job of blocking noise from the exuberant children enjoying the open space of the reception area. A nice touch was the second lower 'peephole' in the room door which allows children or wheelchair bound guests to see who's outside before opening the door.

The toiletries in the bathroom were L'Occitane - a handwash by the sink and shower creme and dry hair shampoo in the shower.

Swimming pool

To get to the pool you have to walk right past it and enter through the changing rooms, even if you aren't planning to swim. Shoes are not allowed in the pool area, so I would suggest if you are planning to accompany people who are swimming you should bring a pair of flip flops. Bear in mind that you will be paddling through about half an inch of water going through to the pool. You are also not permitted to use room towels at the pool - don't know whether they enforce this or not, but hire of towels at the pool is €2 per towel.

Transport

The bus does go quite regularly and getting a seat from the hotel was never a problem for us, although it would be a different thing during weekends and busier periods of the year. However, the Explorer's Hotel pick-up was after us and there was always a huge amount of people getting on there, we had considered that hotel because of the flexibility of their room systems, but having seen the crush for the bus at their stop I wouldn't even consider it in the future.

There are two 'lanes' that vehicles can pull up at outside the hotel, taxis and private transfers seemed to use the one closest to the hotel and the park buses 'usually' used the lane furthest away. Not a problem if you are able bodied, but getting a wheelchair up and down the quite high kerbs and on and off the buses (which rarely stopped close enough to the kerb anyway) was interesting to say the least.

General

We really liked their bar area, a lovely family atmosphere but also restful, with nice quashy sofas and chairs to relax in while downing your drink of choice at the end of an exciting but tiring day. They're very generous with nuts and pretzels etc and having table service when you're knackered is well worth the slightly expensive drinks.

Overall, we loved the Dream Castle, there were a few little niggles but nothing to put us off going back. Their prices are great, especially if four are sharing a room (bunks big enough for small adults if they're up to the climb). The only thing that would stop me using this hotel again would be the bus transfer and then only if going at a busy time, because playing kamikaze sardines is not my idea of a fun event.

Lucy

Disneyland Paris: Dec 12-Dream Castle; May 12-Elysee; Dec 11-New York; Aug 11-Adagio; Dec 10-Sequoia Lodge; Apr 10-Elysee; Nov 09-Sequoia Lodge; Apr 09-Elysee; Apr 08-New York; Dec 07-Dream Castle
Tokyo Disney Resort: Nov 03-Sheraton Grande
WDW: Jan 13-Old Key West & Animal Kingdom; Jan 15-OKW/RPR/AKL

lojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #24
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

Hi,
Only been to DLRP once and stayed at Sequioa - grandparents are treating us to a trip and I love the look of this hotel. A couple of questions...

1. How do we get back to the hotel if we spend the evening in the village - is it walkable?

2. How do we get from the Eurostar station to this hotel?

Thanks.
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #25
A Small World

There is a shuttle bus which goes to this hotel however it does get busy as it is shared with Explorers, Kyriad and Holiday Inn.
The 'complex' where the hotels are is just across the main road from santa fe so it is walkable but possibly a little too far and across a busy main road.
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL

Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #26
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

Thank you.
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #27
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyAnna View Post
Thank you.
Did you enjoy your stay there? Im going there in sept.Do you have any advice / tip?
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #28
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

how often is the bus to dlp and does anyone know what times they run upto (from dlp to hotel)?

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
A Small World

They are shared with the other nearby hotels and I think they are every 10/15 mins. They run back to the hotel quite late - possibly midnightish

Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 AM   #30
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

We were going to stay here but couldn't get a good rate for end of November, onsite was cheaper but we hope to stay one day, it looks really comfortable!

Thanks for the review

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: