Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #1096
Jinxy
Earning My Ears

Leaving in a week and have checked the map for POFQ smoking areas.
We were just at DW in Feb. for our honeymoon and I think I've got all the areas down.
Just wanted to know if anyone has any recent dramitic changes.

Jinxy
I am planning on reporting back from the trip on my fb and twitter, if anyone is interested please PM me.

You took how many people on your honeymoon? The massive multipurpose trip TR

Coming soon 4 days, 2 flat tires, too much food and MNSSHP
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #1097
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Stayingat POFQ next May will have a River view !! Where arethe DSAs near there !!I saw the foodcourt area !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #1098
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Beach Club in November - standard room - how are the DSAs and any suggestions for an area to request to be near one? Am also thinking of requesting ground floor.
thanks!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #1099
sarah4770
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
Beach Club in November - standard room - how are the DSAs and any suggestions for an area to request to be near one? Am also thinking of requesting ground floor.
thanks!
I would just request first floor, near a DSA, that is what I have always done with good results. One time I did not get a first floor room, but they put me near an elevator that led to a nearby DSA.
sarah4770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #1100
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
thanks!
There is(was as of Nov.08) a DSA just outside of the Cape May Buffet area near Stormalong Bay. Be careful at night though...I saw a rat trap in the bushes directly across from it
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #1101
ransom
DIS Veteran

Hmm...looks like Tiana's gazebo/greeting area is next to the DSA in Liberty Square.

So is that DSA closed now?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #1102
Jinxy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom View Post
Hmm...looks like Tiana's gazebo/greeting area is next to the DSA in Liberty Square.

So is that DSA closed now?
Yep, found that out on Monday. The closest one is on the river right across from Liberty Tree Tavern.

You took how many people on your honeymoon? The massive multipurpose trip TR

Coming soon 4 days, 2 flat tires, too much food and MNSSHP
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #1103
ransom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
Yep, found that out on Monday. The closest one is on the river right across from Liberty Tree Tavern.
Ah, okay, so they just moved it. I hope the one on the river is as nice as this one was. It was one of our faves.

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #1104
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom View Post
Ah, okay, so they just moved it. I hope the one on the river is as nice as this one was. It was one of our faves.

Thanks for the update!
Which one are you talking about - I haven't seen anything about Tiana's area yet. I always go to the DSA behind LTT and the Christmas shop - they didn't get rid of that one did they?

(Separately -- I was really frustrated in June in Epcot WS -- seems like the smoking areas are getting further and further apart and fewer - I think that's just going to cause more people to smoke outside the DSAs -- not me, but I was tempted a few times -- mostly because I was frustrated and irritated to see a DSA no longer where it was before).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #1105
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Smile Wishes DSAs

Hey everyone,
Sorry if this one has already been answered else where but can anyone suggest a good DSA for my husband so that we can both watch Wishes together at the Poly after our Kona Cafe Dinner?
Also same idea, we have dinner reservations at California Grill, is there a good DSA nearby for hubby to smoke before and after our dinner?
Can you take drinks to the DSAs from the lounges at either resort?
Thanks as always
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #1106
ransom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Which one are you talking about - I haven't seen anything about Tiana's area yet. I always go to the DSA behind LTT and the Christmas shop - they didn't get rid of that one did they?

(Separately -- I was really frustrated in June in Epcot WS -- seems like the smoking areas are getting further and further apart and fewer - I think that's just going to cause more people to smoke outside the DSAs -- not me, but I was tempted a few times -- mostly because I was frustrated and irritated to see a DSA no longer where it was before).
Tiana's doing a greeting in the area behind LTT and the Christmas shop. Reports are that the DSA there has been moved over by the Rivers of America, across from LTT. Hopefully it's just a short-term thing, since I believe Disney said Tiana would be doing these greetings here only until early January. But I guess we'll see how popular she becomes after her movie comes out, and how much the movie makes. I'm hoping it's a huge success and they move her to somewhere less off the beaten path -- like the middle of Fantasyland.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #1107
Mac1966
MAcguyver Mickey

Electronic Cigs

New question ......I've been using an E cigarette for a few months now; I use them just about everywhere with out any trouble i.e. resturants, airports, taxi's
etc. Has anyone had any experience with them at Disney? If so was it good or bad?
Mac
Mac1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #1108
ashb20090
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC2007 View Post
Hi all,

OK this is cool - I posted a smoking question earlier, then realized it was a no-no, now they've allowed it - let's all be nice

Here's my questions....

Any smokers that have visited recently and can offer any advice on the new policy at the resorts?

Specifically, I'll be at the Grand Floridian in August. A couple of things I am curious about...
1) How were the designated smoking areas at the GF - adequate?
2) Did you, or did you notice, people on their balconies smoking?
(I do a lot of business travel and stay at Marriott almost all the time - they have a 100% non-smoking policy but I can always go out on the balcony, close the door behind me so as not to allow smoke to drift into the room, keep the balcony clean of butts and ashes, and have never had a problem). Are they "policing" this aspect of it?
3) I hear that there are some areas of the GF that do not have 'private' balconies. I am not sure what this means, but I assume they are some type of common balcony. Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks for any info

JimC
are you cereal right now?
ashb20090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #1109
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Mommy & Daddy time...

This is the best forum ever!!!! It is normally SO awkward to ask smoking questions...
Planning a trip for summer. Hubby and I are "social smokers" and enjoy having smokes with our adult beverages in the evening. NORMALLY when we go on vacation, we do this on the hotel balcony.
We will have our toddler with us, and were planning on doing the balcony thing after we put her to bed. Since this is not going to happen, I'm trying to be creative.
Looking at the PO resorts, they seem to have DSAs at every building.
We were thinking we would stay at a value or moderate (outside doors to rooms) and we could go down to a DSA where we could SEE the room door and take our baby monitor with us from home so we can also HEAR her if she wakes up.
Anywhere we can do that? PO resorts looked promising for this kind of deal - anybody have any experience with this? CBR? Value resorts?
We could to Deluxe at AK or WL, but they only have a couple of DSAs so I think that's out.
Has anyone stayed in the FW Cabins? I know you can smoke on your deck there, so that would work great for us. I just wonder how long it takes to get to the parks from there.
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:19 AM   #1110
mailohh
Earning My Ears

I am too old to answer yours

A good friend of mine just returned from WL and she said that they saw quite a few people sitting out on their balconies smoking just like they always have, she also saw this at the Poly when they wen't for dinner. Which leads me to believe that if nobody is complaining maybe they aren't really enforcing, who knows. But what I do know is that the vast majority of people that I've seen sitting out on balconies at various resorts are generally smoking and the majority of balconies are empty. I don't think that most people really use them much. I've always been an early riser and really enjoy sitting out on my balcony with my coffee in the morning while everyone else is still sleeping, same goes for the evening with my beer or glass of wine once everyone has gone to bed and it's very rare that anyone around me is utilizing their balcony at the same time. I have to be honest I am going to WDW on vacation and I'm going to enjoy my vacation. When I get up at 5:30 in the morning and there is nobody around for me to bother with my smoke then I am going to go out on my balcony and have my coffee and my cigarette and if they want to charge me $250 to remove the smoke smell from the balcony railings then so be it. I know some are going to flame me for being a rule breaker but as long as I'm not bothering anyone I don't see the problem. I have already requested a room on the top floor so hopefully there won't be anyone above me and if there are people next to me who are not doing the same thing as me then I will refrain but if there's nobody there for me to bother then I will choose to enjoy my vacation and not run off to a DSA at 5:30 a.m. in my jammies to enjoy my coffee and cigarette.
mailohh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: