Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #1081
mjhd
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I am traveling next week with my father who is a smoker. I was just wondering if there was anything specific I should know that will help make our trip smoother. DF is already not too happy he has to smoke in designated areas lol! Thank you!
mjhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #1082
ckret01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
Near the water there are DSAs at Pop, and there is one in the 80's next to the big floppy disks. If you walk out the main building heading towards the 60's pool there is one right to your right of the exit of the building... AND, near the pool bar there are tables and chairs and that is a DSA - at least it was when we were there in April. I keep reading of DSA's disappearing now... and am hoping if anyone knows if that is still there by the pool bar at Pop? We'll be there in 2 months, and crossing my fingers it's still there!
I think there is another one near 50's... like right towards the entrance to the 50's section - that's what it appeared to be on a map at least.
Thanks so much! Since I will be there Oct 3-10 I will report back on the smoking sections at the Pop if no one else confirms them (if they have changed that is) by then
ckret01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #1083
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmWvr1299 View Post
smidgy;33643735]dreamweaver.. NOW I remmeber the China one. yes!! it is still there! yay! there is still the one is France, and the benches on your right, off the promenade, between Morrocco and Japan?

I have never used the one in France...didn't know there was one. We stayed at AKL (only 2 DSA) this past January and were lucky enough to get a room in the wing right next to the main building on the second floor. The DSA in front of the hot tub was the most convenient, but the one in the front of the resort down the bus stop path was nice too. It was out of the way and the smoke didn't drift.
I'm sorry to say that the DSA in France is also now gone. It was not shown on the park map and I went there just to check anyway - nope, not there anymore

Looking at the park map, Disney seems to have removed about half of the WS DSAs - there used to be one DSA for every pavilion and now there are DSAs at only every second pavilion
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #1084
DrmWvr1299
the world IS a carousel of color

Dang it!

Disbrother, Charlie 7-15-09
DrmWvr1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #1085
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson View Post
I had called MS when then opened and was told you can smoke near your BBQ but not on the deck. There is also another one near the boat dock.
Thanks, jjohnson. I'll call again to make sure if we decide to stay there.

We have reservations at BLT but there seems to be only 2 DSA's there that I have been able to find out about, and one is by the entrance. Hardly where you want to go with your morning coffee.
krbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #1086
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Just back from a week at the Dis and I tried to notice all the DSAs so I could report back to you guys. We didn't visit every resort so I'm not sure about them but the ones I did note are as follows:

Poly - all the DSAs shown on the map are still active. My favs were the one outside the back door of the Great Ceremonial House and the one on the 2nd floor landing between Rarotonga and Nuie.

GF - the only ones I found were on the balcony outside Narcoosees

WL - Couldn't find a one. I checked the resort map later and only saw 3; not good for such a large resort.

POR - Outside Riverside Mill but I'm sure there are others

POFQ - Outside the dining court and probably others I just couldn't find

MK - Out by the bus/boat area and behind Liberty Tree Tavern.

Epcot - Across from the Soarin building, behind the Refreshment Port going into WS, behind the UK, behind China.

AK - Behind Tusker House and up at the petting zoo area.

DHS - At Echo Lake and next to the Backstage Tour ride

Overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared.
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #1087
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
Just back from a week at the Dis and I tried to notice all the DSAs so I could report back to you guys. We didn't visit every resort so I'm not sure about them but the ones I did note are as follows:

Poly - all the DSAs shown on the map are still active. My favs were the one outside the back door of the Great Ceremonial House and the one on the 2nd floor landing between Rarotonga and Nuie.

GF - the only ones I found were on the balcony outside Narcoosees

WL - Couldn't find a one. I checked the resort map later and only saw 3; not good for such a large resort.

POR - Outside Riverside Mill but I'm sure there are others

POFQ - Outside the dining court and probably others I just couldn't find

MK - Out by the bus/boat area and behind Liberty Tree Tavern.

Epcot - Across from the Soarin building, behind the Refreshment Port going into WS, behind the UK, behind China.

AK - Behind Tusker House and up at the petting zoo area.

DHS - At Echo Lake and next to the Backstage Tour ride

Overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared.
Thanks, Notaclue! You made some interesting observations.

We cancelled our May reservation at the Poly because they had closed the DSA we wanted to use there. Maybe they re-opened it, if you say it is there.

Interesting about the UK at Epcot. Have they really replaced the one that had been removed behind the pavillion? It was a popular spot and sorely missed by many.

GF used to have plenty.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #1088
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

At GF they have oneright by the Old fashioned ca in the front it was relly convenient when we went there for 1900 Dinner!! Pop is awesome too I love the fact that they have tables near the bar for smokers !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #1089
kcsspartan
Mouseketeer

I read a bunch of the posts, but didn't see this addressed. Is it okay to smoke cigars in a DSA? My DH enjoys an end of day cigar. I thought he could go to the pool DSA at POFQ, while we are swimming, would this be ok? Thanks
kcsspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #1090
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsspartan View Post
I read a bunch of the posts, but didn't see this addressed. Is it okay to smoke cigars in a DSA? My DH enjoys an end of day cigar. I thought he could go to the pool DSA at POFQ, while we are swimming, would this be ok? Thanks
Yes, of course.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #1091
blitzkrieg048
Bond...James Bond

can anyone tell me where there is a map of the DSA's at BLT or just tell me where they are

8/82-Contemporary, 6/96- Honeymoon at WL ,10/99-Vistana(offsite-nice but not DISNEY!), 7/00-ASSp, 9/01-ASMo/OKW(1st time w/ DVC), 5/02-OKW,
7/02-OKW, 3/03-BCV, 12/03-OKW, 5/04-BCV, 10/04-OKW, 6/05-OKW, 2/06-OKW, 6/06-DisneyWonder/SSR, 8/06-ASMo, 11/06-OKW
5/07-OKW,8/07-SSr,1/08-Vistana(offsite, still better than not going at all),10/08-POLY/OKW, 5/09-Orange Lake, 11/09-Bay Lake Towers, 3/10-OKW,8-10-POLY/OKW, 5-/11-OKW, 8/11- Bay Lake Towers/Bonnet Creek
blitzkrieg048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #1092
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg048 View Post
can anyone tell me where there is a map of the DSA's at BLT or just tell me where they are
Funny you should ask. I just e-mailed DVC last week asking about the location of the DSA's at the Treehouses and the BLT. This was their response:

We appreciate your interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort. The
Smoking Area for the Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs
Resort is located at the bottom of the stairs for each Treehouse Villa.
The Smoking Areas for Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort are
located at the Front Entrance and next to Tempo Fountain.

Please be sure to report on the DSA's at the BLT (photos would be nice) so those of us who plan to stay there can be prepared. We had six nights reserved for November that we cancelled because it seemed too long for a place with only 2 DSA's. We're thinking maybe a shorter stay would be more to our liking.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #1093
darlak
By the way, if my children ever see this, I'll deny writing it
I think that may just be one of those things southern girls are born knowing how to cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret01 View Post
Thanks so much! Since I will be there Oct 3-10 I will report back on the smoking sections at the Pop if no one else confirms them (if they have changed that is) by then
Just got back on 10/4 from Pop. The smoking sections seemed to be pretty much the same as I remembered them from our last stay there in September 08.

As you exit the main lobby area toward the pool, the 6 or 7 metal benches are still there to your right.

The one on the pathway in the 50's is still there.

While the stools at the bar itself are non-smoking, the covered tables in front of the bar are smoking.

Some of the benches along the pathway around the lake are still DSA's. It did seem to me that there may be a few less of them, but this could well be my own memory lapse.

I didn't wander into the 70's, 80's or 90's sections, so I don't know about any of those DSA's.

I also wanted to add that I was a bit worried about Epcot after some of the posts I had read on here. Overall though, I would say that we didn't have a problem at all there. Some are usually gone during the F&W Festival, but generally return afterwards. My favorites all seemed to still be there, such as the one in China. Walking around the World Showcase, it seemed about the time I started to want a cigarette, we were just coming to one.

I do miss the one near Coral Reef, but it was gone when I was there this past April.
darlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #1094
trueblue
Earning My Ears

Leaving today and decided NOT to bring cigarettes. If I can't quit when I've got 10 million things to see and do in a day, I don't know how I'll ever do it. Wish me luck!
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #1095
Jimmysmom
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know were the DSA's are at the Swan and Dolphin,I can't find a map for them.Thanks
Jimmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: