Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #1036
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson View Post
I can't believe you have over 10,000 posts and the TG hasn't found you yet. Here's some cheers to help you out.

:c heer2:
I seriously think she can't understand my ENGLISH accent
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #1037
janeapplemeadow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUVmyDISNEY View Post
According to the map I have seen, the DSA's at GF seem to be few and far between. We are staying in the Sugar Loaf building in December. Can anyone tell me your experience with convenience of DSA's there or from my building, where the closest one I should head for? We've never stayed there before. Thanks!
If you go out the back lobby entrance of SL, take a right and walk past the marina shack there ia a smoking area near the water. There also is a smoking area to the right of the entrance to the main building. Just go out the lobby entrance of SL and turn right, a short walk to that smoking area. I also think there was one past the entrance to Big Pine Keys BLDG.
janeapplemeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #1038
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
According to the map I have seen, the DSA's at GF seem to be few and far between. We are staying in the Sugar Loaf building in December. Can anyone tell me your experience with convenience of DSA's there or from my building, where the closest one I should head for? We've never stayed there before. Thanks!
We stayed at the GF in October 2007 and 2008 and I posted photos of the DSA's there on this thread after each trip. I don't have time to look for them now but they're buried somewhere on this thread.

There was one DSA outside the entrance to SL on the marina side. There was a large, covered DSA outside the entrance to the main building outside of the Grand Floridian Cafe. They would be the closest ones to your building.

WDW has been moving or eliminating the DSA's, however, so I don't guarantee that those DSA's are still there. You might want to check with the concierge at SL to confirm the location of the DSA's before you go. I did with the concierge at the Poly last spring. I had to lean on them for an answer and they finally admitted the DSA we planned to use had been eliminated (even though it is still shown on the map).
krbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #1039
notaclue
DIS Veteran

What about at the Poly? They haven't changed the map but I've heard they eliminated several DSAs.....any one have an update? TIA
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #1040
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
What about at the Poly? They haven't changed the map but I've heard they eliminated several DSAs.....any one have an update? TIA
You're right, they still haven't changed the maps, but the DSA's have been changed. The one outside of the Arcade is gone. The CM who e-mailed me said there are NO DSA's under cover, which may mean that the DSA's on the 2nd floor of the Aotearoa and Fiji may be gone (I do not know this, but they were under cover when I was last at the Poly). If no one else posts a response, and there is a specific DSA you plan to use, you might want to contact the Poly directly and ask about it. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #1041
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's a link to the photo of the DSA by the Grand Floridian Cafe (not far from SL) and there are more photos of DSA's at the GF on the preceding page:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....482684&page=31
Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #1042
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the cost of a pack down in FLA? I'm in NH where a pack is about $5.50 or so (Boston is worse - some parts of Boston packs can run you over $8!) I'm wondering if I should wait and buy while down there.

My first trip to FLA, I remember stopping in Georgia and the prices were a LOT lower than in Boston (where I'm originally from). I was thinking of taking a pack or two when I leave and buying a carton down there.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #1043
tracipierce
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
Does anyone know the cost of a pack down in FLA? I'm in NH where a pack is about $5.50 or so (Boston is worse - some parts of Boston packs can run you over $8!) I'm wondering if I should wait and buy while down there.

My first trip to FLA, I remember stopping in Georgia and the prices were a LOT lower than in Boston (where I'm originally from). I was thinking of taking a pack or two when I leave and buying a carton down there.
It all depends on where you want to buy from, we have just got back from a 2 week trip. I bought duty free on the way out to make sure I had enough for my trip (they don't sell my brand in the US) but my DD bought Marlborough from the gift shop at WDW and they were $10 a pack We did see them in Walmart for $5 a pack and noticed that some of the gas stations like Hess had them for around $4.50 a pack. If you have a car you could buy from the gas stations and it will work out cheaper for you, if you don't have a car then it will be really expensive to buy from WDW! HTH?
Have a great trip
Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #1044
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracipierce View Post
If you have a car you could buy from the gas stations and it will work out cheaper for you
We will have our car, thanks .. we're driving down, so we'll be passing LOTS of gas stations!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #1045
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

Jane/krbq.....thanks for the DSA info for GF. krbq, I appreciate you looking back for those photos!
WUVmyDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #1046
Disney_Gram
Mouseketeer

Smoking at WL

Being the only smoker in my family I was frustrated at times that I could not smoke on the balcony.Could not see any harm in it as long as I kept the patio door closed, but for fear of being charged 250.00 I found the DSA not to hard to get to. There is one by pool bar and then near the bus stop. Of course late at night the pool area is dark, but that did not bother me.

I won't be surprised if the one near the bus stop is removed, as I could even detect the odor of cigaretts, as well as cigars, when coming out out of the lodge to catch the bus.

We were there in April of this year
Disney_Gram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #1047
DrmWvr1299
the world IS a carousel of color

Just curious if the DSAs at the Yacht Club are the same...anyone know??

Disbrother, Charlie 7-15-09
DrmWvr1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 AM   #1048
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Just returned from All Star Movies - as a smoker, is my FAV resort. Well, WAS my favorite I should say.

Requested a room in Toy Story - as wanted to be near the "Reel Spot" which is the best smoking area ever! Covered roof, lots of tables and chairs, ceiling fans - awesome spot to hang out with a drink and a smoke at the end of a long day at the parks.

Well, we checked in after a rough day of traveling, heading to the Reel Spot - only to find it is now NON smoking!!!! Anyone know when they changed this?
Had just been there in April and it was still a DSA.

Now they have two lousy benches for a DSA just past there before you enter Toy Story section.

Resort was PACKED - and really, there were nights with a good 15 smokers standing around those two darn benches. Actually, people brought some chairs out from the Reel Spot to the new DSA.
Meanwhile... during the entire trip there was only two times I walked by and actually saw people sitting in the Reel Spot. Is now a sign saying no smoking in food court - guess they are considering it as extra food court seating... though no one out there eating in there.

Is this a permanent switch - or did they do this temporarily perhaps due to the crowds expected for free dining?

Needless to say, was very #*#&@^ when arrived and saw it was no longer a DSA.

So just a heads up for anyone going to ASMovies soon and looking forward to the Reel Spot. Not sure if posted on here yet or not.

On a brighter note.... we also did one night at AKL - loved it! But, seriously, got the BEST room on property for being a smoker!! Room 1030 - ground floor. Walked out my door, next to there was a doorway to the outside and just feet away was the DSA! Could probably have even hopped the railing from my little ground floor balcony to get to it. Was soooo convenient travelling with the kids. They could sit out on the balcony and I could grab a late night smoke in the DSA and be near enough to talk to them sitting outside the room! Out of the entire property, this was the closest room to the DSA - which by the way... they don't want you smoking on the balconies, but where this DSA is located is right under a bunch of rooms. If their sliding door is open - the smoke is definitely going into their rooms. So what's the difference between that and smoking on a balcony?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #1049
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

That would really #%^&#*@ me off! I personally think they're getting a little "carried away" with this non-smoking business! Noticed on an earlier post she "suspected" the WL DSA by the bus stop to be moved because of the "smell". Will find out in a few days ... and will also be very #%^&#@ off if it IS moved. Will be staying in the Villas and looking forward to enjoying some quiet time at that DSA. If they would supply MORE DSA's maybe there wouldn't be so many people crowding around the few that are available and the "smell" wouldn't be so bad!
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #1050
darlak
By the way, if my children ever see this, I'll deny writing it
I think that may just be one of those things southern girls are born knowing how to cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
Just returned from All Star Movies - as a smoker, is my FAV resort. Well, WAS my favorite I should say.

Requested a room in Toy Story - as wanted to be near the "Reel Spot" which is the best smoking area ever! Covered roof, lots of tables and chairs, ceiling fans - awesome spot to hang out with a drink and a smoke at the end of a long day at the parks.

Well, we checked in after a rough day of traveling, heading to the Reel Spot - only to find it is now NON smoking!!!! Anyone know when they changed this?
Had just been there in April and it was still a DSA.

Now they have two lousy benches for a DSA just past there before you enter Toy Story section.

Resort was PACKED - and really, there were nights with a good 15 smokers standing around those two darn benches. Actually, people brought some chairs out from the Reel Spot to the new DSA.
Meanwhile... during the entire trip there was only two times I walked by and actually saw people sitting in the Reel Spot. Is now a sign saying no smoking in food court - guess they are considering it as extra food court seating... though no one out there eating in there.

Is this a permanent switch - or did they do this temporarily perhaps due to the crowds expected for free dining?

Needless to say, was very #*#&@^ when arrived and saw it was no longer a DSA.

So just a heads up for anyone going to ASMovies soon and looking forward to the Reel Spot. Not sure if posted on here yet or not.
I'm so disappointed to hear that! I was there in April as well and our room was about a 1 minute walk away from the Reel Spot. I've been saying since my return that it's quickly becoming my favorite resort because of that DSA.

I'll be at Pop for 10 days next month, but was planning on booking a November trip back to ASMovies. Guess I won't book there after all. Now I have to start researching other resort options.
darlak is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: