Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #1006
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanat View Post
Hi guys. I have forgotten. Ate what age do kids start paying? At resorts? At parks? Thanks for any help.
You may need to repost this on the 'resorts' board to get a reply. It's now technically on the resort board but it's under the subheading of designated smoking areas at the resorts which doesn't get a lot of readers. I'm sure if you repost it you'll get your answers quickly.
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #1007
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony View Post
Hi there. We are due to stay at the Polynesian in October.
Does anybody know if the maps are up to date of the smoking areas ?.
I am hoping that maybe someone who has stayed recently knows where the DSA's are now.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
ebony: I posted about this somewhere a few pages back. While the maps have not been changed, I have it confirmed by a CM that at least one DSA has been eliminated (the one outside of the arcade, closest to the Tonga Longhouse). It took some persistent investigation on my part because no one would give me a straight answer at first, but I finally got a CM to admit that it had been eliminated because of ventilation issues. She told me that there were no covered DSA's at the Poly at all and none near the Tonga with seating. For those reasons, we cancelled our trip.

It was interesting that the CM said there were no covered DSA's at all because in May of 2008 I was at the Poly and saw several covered DSA's, so either she is mistaken or those DSA's have been moved or eliminated.

If you are planning on using a particular DSA, I suggest you contact the Poly and confirm that it is actually still there.

Good luck!
krbq is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #1008
ebony
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbq View Post
ebony: I posted about this somewhere a few pages back. While the maps have not been changed, I have it confirmed by a CM that at least one DSA has been eliminated (the one outside of the arcade, closest to the Tonga Longhouse). It took some persistent investigation on my part because no one would give me a straight answer at first, but I finally got a CM to admit that it had been eliminated because of ventilation issues. She told me that there were no covered DSA's at the Poly at all and none near the Tonga with seating. For those reasons, we cancelled our trip.

It was interesting that the CM said there were no covered DSA's at all because in May of 2008 I was at the Poly and saw several covered DSA's, so either she is mistaken or those DSA's have been moved or eliminated.

If you are planning on using a particular DSA, I suggest you contact the Poly and confirm that it is actually still there.

Good luck!
Thankyou for answering my post.
Well I have good news for me and my DH, at this time we are into our 11th day of 'No smoking' which we are obviously very pleased about.
Just want to wish everybody good luck in the search for the D.S.A's and I hope, that they dont close anymore down.
I know I will miss my chats, to the lovely people I have met in these areas.
DCL Magic Sept '11 WBTA cruise. Panama Cruise Dec 2012. Coming up Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 & Disney Fantasy Sept 2014 Caribbean
ebony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #1009
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Enforcing the smoking areas at resorts?

I get severe headaches when I am exposed to smoke. Our last two visits we stayed at the Poly and the BC.

Both visits I spent some time checking out the other resorts. Two years ago I went to Pop and the All Star Resorts. It seemed like there were quite a few people smoking in the pool areas. This year I went to CBR and POFQ--I did not see anyone smoking. I only noticed one smoking area at the BC this year.

We are thinking of going to DW in December 2010. I am considering one of the value resorts, but I am concerned about exposing myself to smoke. I was also worried about the rooms smelling like smoke.

Can someone give me their opinion of how well they have been enforcing the smoking areas at the values more recently? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sweety_tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #1010
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety_tweety View Post
I get severe headaches when I am exposed to smoke. Our last two visits we stayed at the Poly and the BC.

Both visits I spent some time checking out the other resorts. Two years ago I went to Pop and the All Star Resorts. It seemed like there were quite a few people smoking in the pool areas. This year I went to CBR and POFQ--I did not see anyone smoking. I only noticed one smoking area at the BC this year.

We are thinking of going to DW in December 2010. I am considering one of the value resorts, but I am concerned about exposing myself to smoke. I was also worried about the rooms smelling like smoke.

Can someone give me their opinion of how well they have been enforcing the smoking areas at the values more recently? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There might be a better thread to ask this question. This thread is about the locations of the Designated Smoking Areas at the resorts, so not that many people read it. You can do a search on this forum, there was something last week about enforcement of the smoking policy, etc but it wasn't on this particular thread.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #1011
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
There might be a better thread to ask this question. This thread is about the locations of the Designated Smoking Areas at the resorts, so not that many people read it. You can do a search on this forum, there was something last week about enforcement of the smoking policy, etc but it wasn't on this particular thread.
Thanks for the advice! I will do some additional searching.
Sweety_tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #1012
smidgy
dimples

we stayed at POP in Feb. they had removed the benches in the DSA in the 50's section. I'm sure people would follow the rules better if they didn't take avaw the place to sit.
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #1013
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I stayed at Pop in May during that rainy week !! I confess I strayed from the DSAs to shelter on a few occassins as did many others ! I really think if Disney provided shelterd DSAs people would be far less likely to smoke outside of them!! I only used the one in the 50's area once and I don't remember if the bench was there or not but all the other areas had benches !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #1014
Loobyloo
Earning My Ears

purchasing ciggarettes

Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before but i cannot find the answer and
I am sure someone out there can help with my question, My DH smokes and we are off to SSR for 10 days soon, for our first trip. We will not have a car, can ciggarettes be purchased on site anywhere??

Mant thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #1015
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyloo View Post
Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before but i cannot find the answer and
I am sure someone out there can help with my question, My DH smokes and we are off to SSR for 10 days soon, for our first trip. We will not have a car, can ciggarettes be purchased on site anywhere??

Mant thanks
I've read on this thread (page 63 or 64) that they are sold in the gift shop (behind the counter) at BC but they are $9/pack. Also that Garden Grocer will deliver a carton or 2. There is a Hess station across the street from DTD that sells them. I'm going to load up my suitcase with ciggies, just in case.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #1016
jamstew
DIS Veteran

$9 a pack in the gift shops is correct. They only have 2-3 brands, and you have to ask for them.

jamstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #1017
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
I've read on this thread (page 63 or 64) that they are sold in the gift shop (behind the counter) at BC but they are $9/pack. Also that Garden Grocer will deliver a carton or 2. There is a Hess station across the street from DTD that sells them. I'm going to load up my suitcase with ciggies, just in case.
a word of warning...our mysteriously dissappeared from our luggage when it arrived which is why we started using garden grocery plus there alot cheaper in FL than NY
Boardwalk Villas 2007
BWI Deluxe Concierge 2006 Saratoga Springs Resort 2006
Polynesian LVC 2005 Beach Club LVC 2005
Disneyland 2003
jjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #1018
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

I do know first hand that the smoking outside of the 2 smoking areas at sports is enforced.

The last two visits I had there, two different men were fined $$ for smoking out of the smoking sections.

I don't know how much this is enforced at the other two all star resors though. Can only say what I say when I was there at Sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety_tweety View Post

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #1019
sarah4770
DIS Veteran

One of my friends in Orlando Just told me that cigs just went up to $6.00 a pack. Bummer, I used to always stock up at the Hess's Station.
sarah4770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #1020
ransom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson View Post
a word of warning...our mysteriously dissappeared from our luggage when it arrived which is why we started using garden grocery plus there alot cheaper in FL than NY
Maybe not any more...they just added another $1/pack tax.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: