Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #601
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

ill throw my hat in the ring, why not. i smoked for 20 years, 2-21/2 packs a day. im now clean for 5 years. i dont mind the dsas. most people that smoke,use them. i remember when they satrted that.we called them nicotine ingestion centers. you would be amazed at how far you can smell smoke when your an exsmoker. its a tuff subject. i would follow the rules if the rule was no smoking on the balcony. i still go outside at some events w/ the smokers,it smells great when you first light it, after that, yuk. if you dont like the rules i would try to change them. i feel most smokers including when i smoked, dont blow the smoke in your face, throw ashes on you or try to burn you. so if you smell alittle smoke, andit bothers me, i just keep walking.
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #602
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Just a reminder from the first post in this thread

Alright everybody - The resort board mods are willing to give this a try. This is the thread to discuss the designated smoking areas at the resorts for the resorts board.

Here are the basic guidelines!

1. No fighting, name calling or debate on the merits of smoking.

2. No flaming anyone - including but not limited to smokers.

3. Any post deemed off topic or in anyway against the posting guidelines will be deleted without comment and the poster will received an infraction.

4. Any other thread started on the resort board for the "smoking" topic will either be merged into this thread or closed with a note to see this thread.

Please abide by these guidelines - and everyone can get the info they need.

If this does not work we will once again ban this topic from the resort board.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #603
gardenia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTina View Post
A good friend of mine just returned from WL and she said that they saw quite a few people sitting out on their balconies smoking just like they always have... I am going to go out on my balcony and have my coffee and my cigarette and if they want to charge me $250 to remove the smoke smell from the balcony railings then so be it.
I always call and report balcony smokers to the front desk immediately and I'll be glad to call on you too. You're stinking up EVERYONE'S space and ruining other people's vacations. How selfish and unbelievably rude.
gardenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #604
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

I think you all better back off..

This thread is ONLY about DSA locations and has nothing to do with ANYONE's opinions...

I personally use this thread in planning vactions and would not like to see it shut down.

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #605
DoOverDreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
I personally use this thread in planning vactions and would not like to see it shut down.
Thanks keliblue! That's exactly what I think this thread is for. I know that's why I'm here.

So for everyone who has posted locations and descriptions for DSAs please keep it up. It does help with planning! And thanks for the info.
DoOverDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #606
LovinDisneyWorld
Earning My Ears

I see this is becoming somewhat of a hot topic. I just spent a wk in WDW. BOth DH and myself are smokers. We stayed at the CSR. They had plenty of DSA's especially by the main bus stop, the main food area and the entrance to the pool area which really surprised me. I could see people complaining about that because those areas are so busy with patrons. WE actually never smoked in those areas because of the amount of traffic coming in and out. We were on the 3rd floor balacony facing the parking lot. WE did not have a DSA by our bus stop but we would smoke in the parking lot on our way to the bus stop. WE too, got up early and home late and enjoy a late night smoke, so we would go out on our balacony and smoke. We did not see one person on our balcony area our entire week there.
We did not want to walk down the hall, take the elevator down three flights, go around the building to have a smoke at midnight and then at 6:00am. We too only smoked at the DSA's in the park and would never think to light up elsewhere. Yes, we broke rules at times but we didn't actually smoke in areas where their may be asmatic kids or adults or people who are trying to eat outside and enjoy their food instead of smelling smoke. I have to agree with the gentleman earlier who may smoke on his 3rd floor balacony.
LovinDisneyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #607
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

No more debating on this issue. The next time someone attacks another on this issue points will be issued.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #608
krbq
DIS Veteran

DH and I are at WDW now. Checked into CR 3 days ago and have been surprised at the number of DSA's here that weren't shown on the maps. I walked around the Poly this morning and tried to find all the DSA's there and they were plentiful, except for around the Hawaii longhouse and the Tonga. Every other longhouse seemed to have one except for those two (both concierge). Does anyone know if they have them?

BTW, have not seen ANY rule breaking going on as far as smoking on the balconies. We were also not told about the smoking policy at check-in and have not seen anything posted about the non-smoking policy. If not for these boards, we wouldn't have known, but these days I always ask if I don't already know.
krbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #609
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

At Pop they had plenty of DSA'S ( See Moderator I'm being GOOD) They had a big one not far from classic hall. This one was a great social gathering and I had many wonderful conversations there. They also had tables near the pool close to the bar and plenty on the pathway by the lake. The first night I asked a cm if I could smoke at the one near my room and he said yes. There was no ashtray but I always took care of my buts. Do I wish I could smoke in my room yes .. but I don't do that at home either . Now when they start telling me I can't smoke in my car I will hit the roof!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #610
MaleficentRules
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyorbust View Post
I had few problems when staying at POFQ. There were more DSA's then indicated on the map. Infact one right outside our room, that was not listed...bonus. You can request a room near one, though in my opinion it's not necessary. And POFQ, although very nice, is not as spread out as the other resorts. So no matter what room you're in, you're a very short walk to a DSA. By short I mean less then a half a block.
This is good news. My brother and I (both smokers) are staying at POFQ and in reading this thread, I was getting concerned about finding the proper place to smoke. Not smoking in the rooms doesn't bother me, but I don't want to be walking hither and yon looking for a DSA!

We leave ONE WEEK from today!!!

Can someone verify for me if smoking is still permitted at Jellyrolls? Also, somewhere on the thread (I forgot to quote it) it was mentioned that Sosa's or something like that, the cigar bar near Raglan Road, permits smoking. Thanks for that tip; I'm sure we will be stopping in!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #611
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
It was right outside Boma's & Mara. There were also DSA's at the pool, are those gone now too? Both were there in December
HI!!!!!NC! OK, I don't remember (I'll ask Nebo, all these trips have run together in my mind) but I'm almost sure it was the Feb. trip
and we were awaiting our ressies at Bomas and there was a DSA right outside. or... hmm... maybe we just THOUGHT it was there cause we knew it was there before? anyway, we smoked and no one had a problem with that.(we had been at disney 4 times this year, and always try to keep track of the DSAs. nonsmokers, please cut us lawabiding smokers a little slack... see how confusing it is?) If they deleted it, mea culpa!.
as I stated on another thread, some of the DSA's ARE not convenient for nonsmokers(like the one by ALoha Isle, where everyone wants to enjoy their Ice Cream).
is it ok with the mods if I say that I agree that top floors could be smoking, outside only, and there would be LESS smoke bothering nonsmokers, with all the smokers congregating in one area at the resorts? I know that is an "opinion". but I appreciate the DSA's. I obey the rules, and abide by the rules. If this statement is not ok, delete it. even if I am in a DSA, if someone tells me their child is asthmatic, I will put my cig. out. and I have, myself, pointed out DSA's to other smokers in the parks. (maybe they aren't "dissers" and don't know) but I don't want them to ruin it for the rest of us. face it, we smokers cannot go for a whole week without smoking at all... we need our DSAs ... and I can't imagine going to Disney and NOT staying onsite!!! we can all get along.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #612
Utfootballdiva
Earning My Ears

Do they sell lighters at the resort gift shops?

Strange question I know but I'm flying and I know I cannot take cig lighters on the air plane. We are staying at the All Star Music resort (this is our first time at WDW btw) and I am curious as to how to get a lighter b/c we are not renting a car and I will not be able to go shopping outside of the World.
Utfootballdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #613
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Actually, they have lifted that restriction. You can take a lighter on the plane now. However, if it gets confiscated, you can pick up a lighter at the gift shop at the resort. You have to ask at the counter, they are not on display.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #614
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utfootballdiva View Post
Strange question I know but I'm flying and I know I cannot take cig lighters on the air plane. We are staying at the All Star Music resort (this is our first time at WDW btw) and I am curious as to how to get a lighter b/c we are not renting a car and I will not be able to go shopping outside of the World.
I pm'd you with much the same info already given. We smokers have to have our lighters Right!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #615
surfboard
Earning My Ears

that's right
surfboard is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: