Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #526
Schneids
First time in a looooonnnng time (18 years)

Okay, looked back to October posts and saw that dsa is located on deck between rartonga and niue, wondering if this is still the case??

Schneids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #527
suzzzze
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Villa DSA's

Anyone have any info on DSA's at the BWV? We check in on the 15th so would appreciate any experiences there.

Thanks
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #528
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzzze View Post
Anyone have any info on DSA's at the BWV? We check in on the 15th so would appreciate any experiences there.

Thanks
We were there Dec 15-22. I suggest asking for a first floor room, by the end of the week, going down 3 flights of stairs was a killer! We were in 3093, (near the stairs) overlooking the quiet pool and community hall.

There is a DSA on the back side of Community Hall (facing the canal) it is covered and there are a couple of rocking chairs there. Take that walkway along the canal towards Luna Pool and there is a DSA next to the building the bathrooms are in (before getting into the pool area) There is also a DSA if you're looking at the resort from the boardwalk, boardwalk level to your left near the doors (kindof Inn side)

Several DSA's on the Boardwalk as well, near benchs/tables.

Have a great trip!

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #529
kelley
Earning My Ears

close to Disney

Does anyone know of a "nice" Hotel close to Disney that has smoking rooms?
Thank You!
kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #530
DrmWvr1299
the world IS a carousel of color

How are the DSA's at the Yacht Club??

Disbrother, Charlie 7-15-09
DrmWvr1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #531
SaintTaris
Mouseketeer

I'm not really a smoker. Does anyone know of a place where I can relax one evening with a Cigar and an adult beverage?

We are staying at SOG so any restaurant on the Disney property will suffice.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #532
WDW2000
DIS Veteran
The TF is an equal opportunity tagger.

Are the Swan/Dolphin non-smoking as well?

Both my father and brother smoke and was wondering if I booked a room at either the Swan or Dolphin if it would be possible for them to smoke on the balcony. Does anyone know if those resorts are smoke-free as well?
Dolphin - 2002
Dolphin - April, 2003
AKL - Beach Club JR. Suite - August, 2004
Poly - MK VIEW - September, 2006
WDW2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #533
NicoleWisconsin
Earning My Ears

I think that all of Disney is smoke free, with the exception of the DSA's. So, no, they couldn't smoke on the balcony.
NicoleWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #534
DrmWvr1299
the world IS a carousel of color

If you look a few posts back you will see that the Dolphin has just become smoke free and that includes balconies. The Swan has been smoke free for a few years now. I am curious as to where the DSAs are at the Dolphin.

Disbrother, Charlie 7-15-09
DrmWvr1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #535
Lauralee131
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
We were there Dec 15-22. I suggest asking for a first floor room, by the end of the week, going down 3 flights of stairs was a killer! We were in 3093, (near the stairs) overlooking the quiet pool and community hall.

There is a DSA on the back side of Community Hall (facing the canal) it is covered and there are a couple of rocking chairs there. Take that walkway along the canal towards Luna Pool and there is a DSA next to the building the bathrooms are in (before getting into the pool area) There is also a DSA if you're looking at the resort from the boardwalk, boardwalk level to your left near the doors (kindof Inn side)

Several DSA's on the Boardwalk as well, near benchs/tables.

Have a great trip!
I wish I'd checked this thread before I went to BWV a week ago We were in 5012...UGH...the walk. I don't know what was worse, coming from the elevators or up and down the 5 flights of stairs to a non-covered, no-seating DSA!!

I found it difficult to even find a DSA half the time, but the hardest part was that I was traveling alone with my 6 year old so it wasn't like my DH and I could take turns heading out for a smoke.

I won't stay at BWV again for this reason. Too difficult to enjoy a quick butt with my coffee in the morning and with a drink at night.

Back to SSR and OKW for me!

I think it's becoming more and more difficult too...SSR has removed the one DSA near the pool area and you can't even smoke at the pool bar (yet you can at the Poly pool bar and even at the pool at POR) so it's not consistent, but the couple of times I was alone with my son in August at SSR, I had to take him out of the pool, bring him out into the courtyard and have the poor kid sit 20 feet away from me so I could sneak a quick smoke and I don't like him seeing me smoke to begin with.

Almost makes me wonder if it'd be worth staying off property...I miss being able to sit out on my balcony and enjoy a cigarette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmWvr1299 View Post
If you look a few posts back you will see that the Dolphin has just become smoke free and that includes balconies. The Swan has been smoke free for a few years now. I am curious as to where the DSAs are at the Dolphin.
Oh - and we took the boat several times from there - there were no DSA's that I saw even remotely close to the walkways or boat ramp
Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #536
suzzzze
Earning My Ears

Lauralee,

I think you're the one I spoke to at BWV a few days ago at the dsa near the Inn. I was with my sister and there was also a gentleman there . Your son was with you. We were discussing writing to Disney with our opinions. I'll be sending my e-mail tomorrow.

You are right about where the dsa's are at the BWV. Only two covered and one had no seating. We requested a ground floor room and they put us on the top floor. At least we were next to the elevators so the long hallway wasn't a problem. Other than the dsa problems the trip was great and the grandkids had a blast. We did get to use Stormalong Bay once and glad we did since the "It" pool opened earlier than they had said.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #537
Bill From PA
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTaris View Post
I'm not really a smoker. Does anyone know of a place where I can relax one evening with a Cigar and an adult beverage?

We are staying at SOG so any restaurant on the Disney property will suffice.

Thanks
Sosa's has a cigar-bar in PI, not far from Raglan Road. You can bring your own stick or buy from them. My son and his GF stopped in last Oct. and said it was nice, I'll give it a try in a few weeks.

Bill From PA
Bill From PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #538
SaintTaris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill From PA View Post
Sosa's has a cigar-bar in PI, not far from Raglan Road. You can bring your own stick or buy from them. My son and his GF stopped in last Oct. and said it was nice, I'll give it a try in a few weeks.

Bill From PA
I will go to Sosa to my list of places to visit. Thanks Bill.

Last edited by SaintTaris; 02-02-2008 at 10:30 PM.
SaintTaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #539
Lauralee131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lauralee,

I think you're the one I spoke to at BWV a few days ago at the dsa near the Inn. I was with my sister and there was also a gentleman there . Your son was with you. We were discussing writing to Disney with our opinions. I'll be sending my e-mail tomorrow.

You are right about where the dsa's are at the BWV. Only two covered and one had no seating. We requested a ground floor room and they put us on the top floor. At least we were next to the elevators so the long hallway wasn't a problem. Other than the dsa problems the trip was great and the grandkids had a blast. We did get to use Stormalong Bay once and glad we did since the "It" pool opened earlier than they had said.
Hi Suzzzze! Yep that was me!! I knew I'd "bump into you" somewhere! Glad to hear that your trip went well...I'm now eyeball-deep into Post-Disney Depression....

I miss my happy place!!

It was really nice talking to you!! I'm sure we'll "meet" again!!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #540
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the dis in a while & haven't checked whether the non smoking policy really went thru....WOW! They've really made all the resorts nonsmoking except in dsa's???? Funny, i ran across this thread today. Yesterday I picked up the 2008 Birnbaum, was paging thru the resorts, where they still say smoking & non smoking rooms available in atleast one of the resorts. I just kinda commented to dh, see I didn't think they could really go smoke free, but they really have huh folks?! wow. BTW, I don't feel strongly either way, just surprised. I'm going to have to go thumb thru my Birnbaum tonight to see which resort listed that.hmmm

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: