Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #286
Irishhockey
Teach me the rules and I'll show you how to break them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
I can tell you MY perception was very different. I was pooped and didn't like hiking to a DSA
lol who does? I know my mom is dreading... absolutely dreading.. the idea of having to walk! As you said, who really wants to walk to a DSA at the end of a long day? BUT out of all your other options, these buildings do offer the most convienent option and in some ways, the quickest access to a DSA. I'd prefer to walk down the hallway of my building instead of having to trek outside and across the grounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krbq
Thank you, Irishhockey!! That's just what I needed to know. One of our smokers is a 21-year-old attractive female who's also a night owl and I'm concerned about her wandering the grounds alone at night looking for a DSA. Considering how spread out the DSA's at the GF appear to be, peace of mind about her personal safety would be worth the extra cost. I called CRO and unfortunately there's nothing at all available in the main building for our dates. Oh, well, I'll keep calling and maybe my luck will change.
Another option is a room in the Big Pine Key building. Theres a smoking section located right off the end of the building (and close to the building) as well as right by the Summer House on the other end. I completely understand your concerns and hope Disney can accomidate you!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #287
Irishhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy58 View Post
\You seem to have a good idea about the dsa.Maybe you could give me a heads up. I plan on going to the ohanna one night. I tried to find the dsa and was confused. I guess the restaurant is on the second floor. Do you know where the nearest dsa would be. I am a little confused with the map as I am not familiar with the Poly. YOur help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hmm... there is no DSA directly in the Great Ceremonial House (where O'hana is located) but you have 3 locations close by outside. One around the main entrance by the monorail station, the other two are on the back side of the building. All three would be easy to get to but as you said, the map is very decieving and hard to tell where exactly each spot is located.

If you go out the "main" back entrance of the resort, you'll notice a smoking area directly straight ahead to your northeast direction. The map makes the resort apprear "bigger" then it really is as well. The main back entrance is very easy to find (view of pool and lagoon, as well as located right across from a main seating area directly below O'hanas) and once outside you should see signs marking the area.

What I've noticed helps me, is pull up the resort in Windowslive.com maps and use that as your guide. Compare the actual resort map to the "birds eye" view map which is extremely detailed. It also gives you a much better judge of space.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #288
grammy58
Grammy58

Thanks alot. I will check out the windowslive.com. I like to know ahead of time so Im not wandering around looking. Thanks again.
grammy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #289
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

DSA proximity to buildings at CBR?

We'll be at CBR for the first time the end of August. When I look at the DSA locations on the map I can't tell how close they are to entrances of the buildings. There are a lot of them and it looks like they are tucked into many of the little courtyards. Anybody been there recently who can fill me in? Thanks.

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #290
AggieTexan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbq View Post
I’m thinking about changing our ressies to the main building to take advantage of the 3rd floor DSA in that building. Has anybody seen that DSA or have any info on it? We will be paying for 2 rooms for our group so the extra cost would be substantial, but the DSA’s for the other lodge buildings seem to be so inconvenient.
It's on one of the big patios looking towards the wedding gazebo. There are seats, tables, and ceiling fans out there. As DSAs go, it's a great location.
AggieTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #291
rosebudd
Earning My Ears

staying at pop

Hey all, I have a question about POP. This year we have talked my DM, her boyfriend and my DB and his DS to go with us. We requested connecting preferred rooms. Everyone smokes, DH and I can deal since we do not smoke much anyway, but the other 3 adults are pretty heavy smokers. I have told my TA that we would like to request rooms as close to the DSA's as possible. Since we have requested connecting rooms, how likely would we be to get first floor near one? (I am really stressing about this because I want everyone to have a good time and I know how cranky a smoker can be when they are having a "nic-fit".) Also in regards to the area around the pools, will smoking be tolerated at the tables around it? Thanks all!
rosebudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #292
Irishhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebudd View Post
Since we have requested connecting rooms, how likely would we be to get first floor near one? (I am really stressing about this because I want everyone to have a good time and I know how cranky a smoker can be when they are having a "nic-fit".) Also in regards to the area around the pools, will smoking be tolerated at the tables around it? Thanks all!
There is no smoking around the tables at the pool. I'm sure you'll see people doing it, but with the new DSA rules, this is not allowed and you could be "approached" by a CM about the situation.

The smoking areas at Pop are well situated (better then the other values if you ask me!) but it could be a "hassle" if your placed in a preferred room in the 70s section. Preferred rooms are in the 70s, 60s, and 50s section. Theres a great DSA right by the pool bar as well as two behind the set of 60s buildings on the pathway along the lake. Ideally, getting a preferred room in the 60s section will work best for your situation. This will allow several easy accesses to a DSA, includng one by the pool. There's also a DSA located between the two preferred areas of the 50s section.

Requesting connecting rooms, ground floor, close to DSA is a great request, but very specific, especially since your in a preferred location room. Definately be flexible with the CM that checks you in and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll be able to find a great location for you that meets your needs.

Last edited by Irishhockey; 07-17-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Irishhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #293
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear DSAs at Pop are plentiful. I very often smoked by the Bar at a table there before. I also enjoyed the smoking area outside Classic Hall is that stil a DSA or not. I will miss stepping out of my room in the a.m. for a smoke but now I'll just go get my coffee and head to the closest DSA.
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #294
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishhockey View Post
There is no smoking around the tables at the pool. I'm sure you'll see people doing it, but with the new DSA rules, this is not allowed and you could be fined if a CM did approach you about the situation.
Really? Is that verbage in anything you sign? -- I was of the opinion that the only 'fine-able' event was if a guest smoked in their room or on their patio or balcony???...can you supply backup to this?

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #295
Irishhockey

This was stated in an email reservation sent to me after I added ME to my reservation:

Quote:
This resort is a smoke-free environment except for designated outdoor smoking locations. A $250 - $500.00 room recovery fee will be charged for smoking in Guest rooms, on balconies, or on patios.
Yes, your right, it clearly states that a fine can be issued when smoking on guest rooms, balconies, or patios. I admitt that in my opinion, I took that to mean in any area outside of DSAs, but you can see that it clearly states just those three locations. I guess I did poorly word my last post... I will go back and edit that post and thank you for catching that... I do not want to mislead anymore.

Ok but now you really got me thinking... if we all smoke pool side or even not in DSA but away from buildings... can Disney do anything? From the rules, it seems just reprimand us and direct us to a DSA? Some policy
Old 07-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #296
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

We were at SSR June 10-19. DSA's were just outside each entrance to each building. There were several ashtray/trash cans around the quiet pool area. As a smoker it wasn't too bad. I am glad that we had a 1st floor room.

I will say that I was disappointed by behavior in the parks. There were quite a few people who weren't going to the DSA's and were walking around with lit cigarettes with no comments by CM's. I also noticed that some of the DSA's in the parks weren't in the same spots they had been in for years.

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #297
grammy58
Grammy58

[QUOTE=ChelleinNC;19797958]We were at SSR June 10-19. DSA's were just outside each entrance to each building. There were several ashtray/trash cans around the quiet pool area. As a smoker it wasn't too bad. I am glad that we had a 1st floor room.

I will say that I was disappointed by behavior in the parks. There were quite a few people who weren't going to the DSA's and were walking around with lit cigarettes with no comments by CM's. I also noticed that some of the DSA's in the parks weren't in the same spots they had been in for years.[
this kine of behavior ruins it for us smokers. I wish the cms had sad something. can you tell us where some of those dsa that are gone?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #298
grammy58
Grammy58

excuse the spelling. I guess I need to put the light on.lolo
Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #299
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
It's on one of the big patios looking towards the wedding gazebo. There are seats, tables, and ceiling fans out there. As DSAs go, it's a great location.
Thanks, AggieTexan! I tried to change our ressies but the main building is completely booked for our dates. I'll keep calling CRO and maybe we'll get lucky.
krbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #300
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

The one DSA that moved that sticks out in my mind is the one up by the Odyssey. It's no longer there, but if you walk from Odyssey towards Mexico, there's one right when you get to the world showcase loop, there on the right.

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: