Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #16
storzo
DIS Veteran

The map for CBR shows DSAs just about everywhere. Has anyone been? Is this misleading or accurate?
storzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #17
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Some resorts have more smoking areas than others. This seems to be by design.. While I haven't been to CBR in particular, I have no reason to doubt the map's veracity. They came from Disney directly after all.

By most pools there is a specific area for smoking. Usually this is at the pool-bar if there is one present there.

Knox

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #18
TeresaMc
Mouseketeer

At the WL right now and as of tonight there have been 4 people that I know of that have been charged $250 for smoking in their rooms/on their balconies. So it sounds like there is no "soft opening" for this new policy.
July 2008 LBV Best Western(impromptu trip)
September 2007 Wilderness Lodge- concierge
June 2007 Wilderness Lodge
March 2007 Wilderness Lodge
September 2006 Wilderness Lodge
December 2005 All Star Music
November 2004 Pop Century
April 1992 Carribean Beach Club
August 1986 off site
a few times as a child, once at Ft Wilderness at Christmas
TeresaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
storzo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Some resorts have more smoking areas than others. This seems to be by design.. While I haven't been to CBR in particular, I have no reason to doubt the map's veracity. They came from Disney directly after all.

By most pools there is a specific area for smoking. Usually this is at the pool-bar if there is one present there.

Knox
I understand what you're saying and it makes me happy. I was just expecting like one DSA per island and it looks to be more like 4 or 5 per island, which is good for me as a smoker but surprising because what's the point if just about every walkway/entry point for each island is a DSA? Know what I mean?
storzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #20
CanadianGuy

DISboards Moderator

I wonder if they have some kind of statistical information that says more of CBR guests request smoking rooms than any other resort or something.

As I noted earlier.. certain resorts have WAY more smoking areas than others. And that seems to be by design. For example, compare SSR and Boardwalk and you'll see that Boardwalk has lots more DSA's.

Knox

Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #21
Contemporary_Man
Mouseketeer

Is it just me or does the Grand Floridian map appear to show a smoking area on the 3rd floor of the main building? That would have to be the concierge balcony if I'm reading this right. I thought that balconies are an explicit no-no.
Contemporary_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #22
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
I would like to know how the fine aspect is being addressed. Do they advise you when you check in, or is just in the fine print with the other terms and conditions you sign for? What do you do if your room smells of smoke when you check in? Thanks to anyone who knows!
We already had reservations for Oct. with a smoking room requested before the no-smoking policy was announced. We received a phone call advising us of the change and offering to move our room to one near a smoking area (we had reserved a MK view at the GF), although the CM didn't know exactly where the smoking areas were going to be.

I would imagine the CM's are supposed to advise guests at check-in about the new policy. Other non-smoking hotels usually have guests sign an acknowledgement that there will be a charge for smoking in a non-smoking room and I imagine WDW will do the same. If you check into a room that smells like smoke, you should report it immediately so that you don't get stuck with the charge.
krbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #23
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

CBR had one building that was smoking. Maybe it is just how the resort is arranged that they can have more smoking areas.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
ziggybaby
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl001 View Post
Just wanted to know if anyone has been to the POFQ? How were the DSA's there? Im wondering if I should request a certain bldg so my dad dosent have to walk too far.

TIA
Hi there

We were there in May 05, and from what we remember, there's no smoking in the Public area's inside the resort (lobby, restaurant etc), but you could smoke outside, which is only 30 seconds away, where there are tables set up.

We smoked around by the pool with no comments.

The are also designated smoking rooms.

Hope this helps

Disneyland California - Sept 08

CBR - Aug/Sept 09

WBTA & CBR - Sept 11

Disneyland Paris - Sept 12

WBTA & ??? - Sept 14

ziggybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #25
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

There is no smoking allowed now in any resort room at WDW.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #26
kldmom2000
DIS Veteran

I didn't know if anyone knew the answer to this one yet or not. I assume Disney is doing an overhaul gradually of all the previously dubbed "smoking" rooms but I can't imagine it being done completely by the time we go in mid-August. My daughters are both asthmatic and have awful flare-ups around stale cigarette smoke/smell.... we HAD a guaranteed non-smoking room for our trip prior to the new policy being even mentioned. My concern is that we might be put up in a room that was previously a smoking room and has not yet undergone the thorough cleaning. Does anyone know what Disney is doing about this? I'd just hate to check in and then be told that there are no other vacancies left if we were placed in a prior-smoking room. Of course this is the first time we went through AAA as well so I can't call CRO directly to have it noted on my reservations Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #27
CanadianGuy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldmom2000 View Post
I didn't know if anyone knew the answer to this one yet or not. I assume Disney is doing an overhaul gradually of all the previously dubbed "smoking" rooms but I can't imagine it being done completely by the time we go in mid-August. My daughters are both asthmatic and have awful flare-ups around stale cigarette smoke/smell.... we HAD a guaranteed non-smoking room for our trip prior to the new policy being even mentioned. My concern is that we might be put up in a room that was previously a smoking room and has not yet undergone the thorough cleaning. Does anyone know what Disney is doing about this? I'd just hate to check in and then be told that there are no other vacancies left if we were placed in a prior-smoking room. Of course this is the first time we went through AAA as well so I can't call CRO directly to have it noted on my reservations Thanks in advance for your help!
Disney posted someplace that the previous smoking rooms were being taken out of inventory on a rotating basis, cleaned and put back into inventory.

I'd just make your wishes clear once again at check-in and you should have no troubles.

Knox

Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
ToyStory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldmom2000 View Post

Call your AAA agent and they can add it to your reservation. Our AAA agent added it stating child allergic to smoke and should not be placed in a former smoking room. I would also try to know what rooms were formerly smoking rooms and let the CM know about your daughters medical conditions.
November 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
July 2005 - Universal - Hard Rock Resort
December 2001 - All Star Movies
August 2001 - Dixie Landings / Contemporary
ToyStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #29
blitzkrieg048
Bond...James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC2007 View Post
Hi all,

OK this is cool - I posted a smoking question earlier, then realized it was a no-no, now they've allowed it - let's all be nice

Here's my questions....

Any smokers that have visited recently and can offer any advice on the new policy at the resorts?

Specifically, I'll be at the Grand Floridian in August. A couple of things I am curious about...
1) How were the designated smoking areas at the GF - adequate?
2) Did you, or did you notice, people on their balconies smoking?
(I do a lot of business travel and stay at Marriott almost all the time - they have a 100% non-smoking policy but I can always go out on the balcony, close the door behind me so as not to allow smoke to drift into the room, keep the balcony clean of butts and ashes, and have never had a problem). Are they "policing" this aspect of it?
3) I hear that there are some areas of the GF that do not have 'private' balconies. I am not sure what this means, but I assume they are some type of common balcony. Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks for any info

JimC
There was a nice smoking area right outside the GFCafe, had a nice cigar there. Nice place to sit.

8/82-Contemporary, 6/96- Honeymoon at WL ,10/99-Vistana(offsite-nice but not DISNEY!), 7/00-ASSp, 9/01-ASMo/OKW(1st time w/ DVC), 5/02-OKW,
7/02-OKW, 3/03-BCV, 12/03-OKW, 5/04-BCV, 10/04-OKW, 6/05-OKW, 2/06-OKW, 6/06-DisneyWonder/SSR, 8/06-ASMo, 11/06-OKW
5/07-OKW,8/07-SSr,1/08-Vistana(offsite, still better than not going at all),10/08-POLY/OKW, 5/09-Orange Lake, 11/09-Bay Lake Towers, 3/10-OKW,8-10-POLY/OKW, 5-/11-OKW, 8/11- Bay Lake Towers/Bonnet Creek
blitzkrieg048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #30
blitzkrieg048
Bond...James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl001 View Post
Just wanted to know if anyone has been to the POFQ? How were the DSA's there? Im wondering if I should request a certain bldg so my dad dosent have to walk too far.

TIA
I know there is a DSA right out the back of the food court

8/82-Contemporary, 6/96- Honeymoon at WL ,10/99-Vistana(offsite-nice but not DISNEY!), 7/00-ASSp, 9/01-ASMo/OKW(1st time w/ DVC), 5/02-OKW,
7/02-OKW, 3/03-BCV, 12/03-OKW, 5/04-BCV, 10/04-OKW, 6/05-OKW, 2/06-OKW, 6/06-DisneyWonder/SSR, 8/06-ASMo, 11/06-OKW
5/07-OKW,8/07-SSr,1/08-Vistana(offsite, still better than not going at all),10/08-POLY/OKW, 5/09-Orange Lake, 11/09-Bay Lake Towers, 3/10-OKW,8-10-POLY/OKW, 5-/11-OKW, 8/11- Bay Lake Towers/Bonnet Creek
blitzkrieg048 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: