Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #1651
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Where are the smoking areas around Martinque preferred at CBR ?

Where are the smoking areas at around the Martinque preferred buildings in CBR ?

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #1652
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmWvr1299 View Post
I don't know about Hess, I had to buy 2 packs at MCO this past March and the grand total was $21 and change! I will never leave home and forget them again as long as I smoke
That is normal in these parts I pay $21.50 for two packs. We will be stopping by the Duty free on our way into the US and picking up a carton.
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #1653
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post
That is normal in these parts I pay $21.50 for two packs. We will be stopping by the Duty free on our way into the US and picking up a carton.
Yeah that's what we're doing too.

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #1654
dimndgal1
One little spark...

? about e-cigarettes and smoking areas

My MIL uses e-cigarettes and I was wondering if anyone knows how people respond to it within the resorts? We've had a mixed bag of luck with people -- some seem to misunderstand what it is and won't let her use it, others are totally okay and have no restrictions... just want to be prepared and prepare her.

Also, do the resort areas have any designated smoking areas - specifically BWI and the Boardwalk area? I know the actual hotels are smoke free, but are there spots for smokers? I've seen them in the parks but as a non-smoker, I've never looked for them elsewhere. Thanks!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #1655
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

Yes, all the resorts have designated smoking areas. They will be marked on the resort map. As far as e-cigarettes go, most say it's best that they be used in the designated smoking areas as they can be mistook for real cigarettes and she may be confronted.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #1656
dimndgal1
One little spark...

TY Mods!

For some reason I dismissed 'Smoking DSA" as Disney lingo for something not related - I feel silly now

After perusing through, I realize there isn't a lot of info about ecigs, so I am going to call Disney and inquire about the e-cigarette policy. I'll make sure to post anything I find out!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #1657
rao363
Mouseketeer

Any word on the e-ciggs? Curious because i smoke them as well. I am assuming though, its probably easier just to stay within the smoking areas so your not explaining yourself everytime smoke comes out.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #1658
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
Any word on the e-ciggs? Curious because i smoke them as well. I am assuming though, its probably easier just to stay within the smoking areas so your not explaining yourself everytime smoke comes out.
I e-mailed Guest Services a month or two ago to ask about e-cigs, and they told me the rules for e-cigs are the same as for smoking regular cigs. You can smoke them only in designated smoking areas. I was told the same thing at the Disney Hilton Head Resort when we were there in May. The rule doesn't make sense to me, and I hope they eventually decide to change it.
CoffeeCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #1659
ransom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
I e-mailed Guest Services a month or two ago to ask about e-cigs, and they told me the rules for e-cigs are the same as for smoking regular cigs. You can smoke them only in designated smoking areas. I was told the same thing at the Disney Hilton Head Resort when we were there in May. The rule doesn't make sense to me, and I hope they eventually decide to change it.
I think it makes sense from an enforcement perspective. It would take more time to figure out whether, for example, a person standing in line at check-in is smoking an e-cig or a regular cig. Plus non-smokers would panic at the sight, complain to CMs, and waste those CMs' time on the matter.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #1660
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom View Post
I think it makes sense from an enforcement perspective. It would take more time to figure out whether, for example, a person standing in line at check-in is smoking an e-cig or a regular cig. Plus non-smokers would panic at the sight, complain to CMs, and waste those CMs' time on the matter.
I agree that the rule might make it easier for CMs to enforce the no smoking policy, but I don't know how anyone could think my black e-cig with a blue tip was a regular cig. The part of the rule that really doesn't make sense to me is why e-cigs can't be used within the privacy of your hotel room. E-cigs don't produce an odor, except possibly a brief sweet smell, they aren't fire hazards, and there are no ashes.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #1661
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

We are on day 6 of an 8 day stay at the Poly. People have been smoking a lot o. Their patios & balconies all around us. I have spoken to manGement & they cleRly are not interested in bothering smoking guests. So may I say as a non-smoker that when you smoke on your balconies: please don't. It ruins the balcony for yor neighbors. Clearly many people care for no one but themselves. Really too bad. I am so glad my asthmatic daughter is not with us. She would not be able to tolerate the smoke & would be upset at being restricted from the balcony.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #1662
janabananas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
We are on day 6 of an 8 day stay at the Poly. People have been smoking a lot o. Their patios & balconies all around us. I have spoken to manGement & they cleRly are not interested in bothering smoking guests. So may I say as a non-smoker that when you smoke on your balconies: please don't. It ruins the balcony for yor neighbors. Clearly many people care for no one but themselves. Really too bad. I am so glad my asthmatic daughter is not with us. She would not be able to tolerate the smoke & would be upset at being restricted from the balcony.
Sadly, some people just don't get it. However, that is one reason why this thread is here, so people who want to comply with DSA's have a resource. And most if not all of the folks who come to this thread are those who want to do the right thing.

I don't smoke but Dbf does and we were both annoyed as heck that our neighbor was smoking on his balcony, when there was a perfectly good DSA right around the corner that could have been used, and should have been used. All you can do is report it to managment, although in your case it didn't seem to do any good.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #1663
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janabananas View Post
Sadly, some people just don't get it. However, that is one reason why this thread is here, so people who want to comply with DSA's have a resource. And most if not all of the folks who come to this thread are those who want to do the right thing.

I don't smoke but Dbf does and we were both annoyed as heck that our neighbor was smoking on his balcony, when there was a perfectly good DSA right around the corner that could have been used, and should have been used. All you can do is report it to managment, although in your case it didn't seem to do any good.
I follow the rules and don't smoke anywhere I am not supposed to. Allowing people to use e-cigs on their balcony or in their room would take care of much of the problem of people smoking on their balcony and annoying others. There is nothing from an e-cig that would bother anyone except for the few people who panic when they see someone with anything that vaguely resembles a cigarette. If it were permitted, I think more people would try e-cigs instead of regular cigs so that they could comply with the rules and still enjoy their cigs. I'm sure that wouldn't be true for everyone, but it would cut down on the amount of "smoking" in undesignated areas.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #1664
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
I so sympathize with your discomfort. Shame on management! You are only asking for THEIR non-smoking policy to be enforced. You are paying just as much to be their guest as those around you.

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Mai Ku Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #1665
janabananas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
I follow the rules and don't smoke anywhere I am not supposed to. Allowing people to use e-cigs on their balcony or in their room would take care of much of the problem of people smoking on their balcony and annoying others. There is nothing from an e-cig that would bother anyone except for the few people who panic when they see someone with anything that vaguely resembles a cigarette. If it were permitted, I think more people would try e-cigs instead of regular cigs so that they could comply with the rules and still enjoy their cigs. I'm sure that wouldn't be true for everyone, but it would cut down on the amount of "smoking" in undesignated areas.
The neighbor I was referring too was definately not smoking an e-cig, I could smell it with the door closed. And I totally agree with you that e-cigs should be allowed. I know several friends who use them and I have never smelled them, except maybe a sweet smell depending on the cartridge. I tried using one when I was trying to quit but it just gave me a headache so I didn't try it again.

I am thankful that someone started this thread because it is a fantastic resource!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: