Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #1621
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I stil thought they should have a smoking building, or leave the top floors for smokers. if smokers smoke in their rooms, it wouldnt bother anyne else.

but I do understand about filling rooms and you can't smoke anywhere else anymore anyway!
anyhow we quit a little over 6 months ago, and I WILL miss the social togetherness of the DSAS!!!

if you see me walking by, (trying to sniff up all that "good smell" I miss so much) say hi! but i won't be hanging around long, I might want to bum a smoke!
The top floors sounds good or at least have 3 smoking areas close to every building. So you dont have to walk a mile.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #1622
housemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
And how is the stealthing workin for ya? DH and I had been planning to vape our way around the world this time. Let us know how you did.

Stealthing is working real well. I've done it at work since October and not been busted yet. Done it in grocery stores, clothing stores, jury duty, restaurants and no one has noticed. Doubt it will be any different at Disney. We leave for Disney in 30 days. I'll let you know how it goes.
housemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #1623
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
Stealthing is working real well. I've done it at work since October and not been busted yet. Done it in grocery stores, clothing stores, jury duty, restaurants and no one has noticed. Doubt it will be any different at Disney. We leave for Disney in 30 days. I'll let you know how it goes.
DH and I may need to try it out in the airports. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes in Disney for you. And I hope you have a great trip.

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #1624
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Which one is best?

We are thinking about staying at POR, CR, AOA or ASMu next fall. Which of these is the most smoker-friendly (if such a thing even exists anymore )? Thanks!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #1625
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
We are thinking about staying at POR, CR, AOA or ASMu next fall. Which of these is the most smoker-friendly (if such a thing even exists anymore )? Thanks!
The only ones I know that are smoke friendly are POFQ, Pop Century, and CSR. Sorry I'm not much help because I dont know about the ones on your list.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #1626
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
hi lisa!
actually Carribbean Beach is pretty smoker friendly. there are dsas in the courtyard area by every building. there was one little area in the Jamaica section with acovered table even ad a few benches. and you could smoke at almost any of the tables on the "patio: around the main pool bar. sue, we'll be there for 3 days , pretty much resort only days, and we quit!!
when we stayed at POR, there were a few dsas along the promendae, and one by every quiet pool (noe by the main pool too. but he one right outside the food court desappeared. no, wait, it was still there, but they took away the 2 tables with umbrellas, made us stand.

on year the 2 tables at one end of the quiet pool kinda became the "smoking tables.. the ones at the other end.. not.

music is like any other all stars resort. there was a nice one, picnic bench is country. none in rock. one by the piano pool one not showing on the map in the ittle park area by broadway. the dsa by the food court/ main pol tho is benches along a sidewalk, not pretty at all.
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #1627
Tybug
DIS Veteran

Another converted e-cig smoker here. It's been nearly a month and I have to say I LOVE it!! That said, we're headed to the world tomorrow and am curious as to how well I'll do down there. There will be visits to DSAs but I figure there will be stealth vaping as well. I'll be sure to report once we return.
2006 Yacht Club
2007 Coronado Springs
2011 Coronado Springs
Tybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #1628
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
The only ones I know that are smoke friendly are POFQ, Pop Century, and CSR. Sorry I'm not much help because I dont know about the ones on your list.
Where in Pop Century? Thanks

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #1629
TorukUK
Earning My Ears

Not sure if this has been asked here before as i cant find anything with a search.

We are booked to stay at the treehouse villas next may, but looking on the map I cannot see any DSA´s, but i am told there is one at each villa, can anyone confirm this?
TorukUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #1630
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
Where in Pop Century? Thanks
Here is a map of the smoking areas at Pop http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf
Actually the building we stayed in has a smoking area that is not even on the map it was right in front of the giant computer.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #1631
Toruk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorukUK View Post
Not sure if this has been asked here before as i cant find anything with a search.

We are booked to stay at the treehouse villas next may, but looking on the map I cannot see any DSA´s, but i am told there is one at each villa, can anyone confirm this?
Anyone know?
Toruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #1632
newt1912
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorukUK

Anyone know?

My info may not be up to date but I remember looking into the treehouses and I believe there is a grill for cooking at each treehouse and you could smoke where the grill is located. I also believe the grill is at the bottom of the treehouse; not on the deck.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #1633
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Smile

Hi! Can anyone direct me to a list of current DSA's at each Park? Elderly mom going next month & is frantic about knowing where they are!

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Mai Ku Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #1634
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Here is a map of the smoking areas at Pop http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf
Actually the building we stayed in has a smoking area that is not even on the map it was right in front of the giant computer.
Thanks a bunch. The map was a big help.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #1635
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
[QUOTE=smidgy;42239769
when we stayed at POR, there were a few dsas along the promendae, and one by every quiet pool (noe by the main pool too. but he one right outside the food court desappeared. no, wait, it was still there, but they took away the 2 tables with umbrellas, made us stand.

on year the 2 tables at one end of the quiet pool kinda became the "smoking tables.. the ones at the other end.. not.[/QUOTE]

Yep! There is one by the main pool at POR, its right in front of the bathrooms on the deck area. Nice big spot actually, covered and if you stand you can see the main pool area on the opposite side of the slide.

lisalonglash,

POFQ is pretty good too. For such a small resort, there is an area right behind the main pool in front of the little pool bar area. When there are a lot of smokers there we sort of take over all of the tables on that side.

CR is terrible. You have to take the elevator down to the bottom floor, and then migrate over to one of the few DSA's there. (I stayed at BLT, and found the same situation there)

OKW is very smoker friendly - the common areas of the resort have some well placed DSA's, and each building has several DSA's in the front.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: