Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #1561
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisable89 View Post
Yeah, i'm not too great with heights! So i'll have to get myself some courage. Okay, that'll be great!

Ohhhhhh no! Hahahaaa bless her, young children are always one step away from giving us a near heart attack! I'm always running around after my young cousins.. they sure do have a mind of their own!
She's 4 and has already given us all numerous near heart attacks! Her favorite ride last August was Test Track...with arms held high above her head and yelling "wheeeeeee" the entire time! Please let us know how your trip goes and if your Mum "survived"/maybe enjoyed the DSA's!

Perhaps you could photograph some of the DSA's around the parks so we see where the newer ones are located?
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #1562
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderator...

This FAQ thread is only for the discussion of DSA's. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. These threads get pretty long as it is, without discussion of resorts or theme parks or general Disney trip-planning stuff.

Thanks!

Lynne
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #1563
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
She's 4 and has already given us all numerous near heart attacks! Her favorite ride last August was Test Track...with arms held high above her head and yelling "wheeeeeee" the entire time! Please let us know how your trip goes and if your Mum "survived"/maybe enjoyed the DSA's!

Perhaps you could photograph some of the DSA's around the parks so we see where the newer ones are located?
Oh dear! bless her heart.

& i sure will! I'm sure she'll be fine.. she'll get over it, but i'm hoping she won't have to have a cigarette as much as we'll be so busy.

My Dad will more than likely take photo's of the DSA's, i'm sure he did when i went last time just because he thought it was 'hilarious'.

I remember my parents saying just clean the DSA's are in the parks aswell! Do the cigarette bins (whatever they're called) get cleaned out alot at the Hotels too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderator...

This FAQ thread is only for the discussion of DSA's. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. These threads get pretty long as it is, without discussion of resorts or theme parks or general Disney trip-planning stuff.

Thanks!

Lynne

Woops, sorry Lynne! x
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #1564
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

I remember my parents saying just clean the DSA's are in the parks aswell! Do the cigarette bins (whatever they're called) get cleaned out alot at the Hotels too?

Yes...never saw one "overflowing".
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #1565
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the official policy for using electronic cigarettes at Disney resorts? I asked at HH last week and was told I couldn't use e-cigarettes anywhere except designated smoking areas. Several other guests told me they were using them on their balconies with no problem.
CoffeeCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #1566
housemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
Does anyone know the official policy for using electronic cigarettes at Disney resorts? I asked at HH last week and was told I couldn't use e-cigarettes anywhere except designated smoking areas. Several other guests told me they were using them on their balconies with no problem.
I'm not sure what HH is? There is no issue with using them in your resort room. Even if they had a policy against using them in your room, it would be unenforcable as there is no way to tell it's being used. I've read some posts on other boards of people using them openly around the parks without issue too. If you're concerned about it, just be discrete. Don't blow out plumes of vapor and you'll be fine.

I've been using mine for 7 months and personally can't wait to kickback in my AKL room relaxing with it rather than having to trot off to a remote DSA at the resort.
housemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #1567
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

Sorry....HH is the DVC resort at Hilton Head. When I asked, the lady at the front desk said "Uncle Walt" was always watching and not to try using e-cigarettes in the villa or on the balcony. She apologized, said she also was a smoker, and added that she didn't agree with the policy.
CoffeeCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #1568
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I MAY just MAY be staying at AKL next year and wondered where/what DSA's are like there !! I know there is one somewhere near the pool near Boma as I have used that!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #1569
newt1912
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I plan to shoot off an email asking about Disney's policy on E-cigs. I will be super PO'd if they were to say that they are banned except in DSAs. If that is the policy than I would say that the entire ban is based on the smoking act itself and not just the 2nd hand smoke which would be an infringement on one's rights. E-cigs do not emit 2nd hand smoke; only a clear vapor.

That being said, I would not myself or would I recommend anyone else walk around a park "smoking" an e-cig just because it would be difficult for a CM or a guest from afar to be able to tell it was an e-cig and that could cause problems. But...."smoking" an e-cig in your resort room or on your balcony or away from others should be permitted. I believe commonsense should be used.

Just my opinion but I will post my reply from Disney.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #1570
housemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry....HH is the DVC resort at Hilton Head. When I asked, the lady at the front desk said "Uncle Walt" was always watching and not to try using e-cigarettes in the villa or on the balcony. She apologized, said she also was a smoker, and added that she didn't agree with the policy.
Unless "Uncle Walt" has a concealed camera in your room, once again it's unenforcable.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #1571
housemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt1912 View Post
I plan to shoot off an email asking about Disney's policy on E-cigs. I will be super PO'd if they were to say that they are banned except in DSAs. If that is the policy than I would say that the entire ban is based on the smoking act itself and not just the 2nd hand smoke which would be an infringement on one's rights. E-cigs do not emit 2nd hand smoke; only a clear vapor.

That being said, I would not myself or would I recommend anyone else walk around a park "smoking" an e-cig just because it would be difficult for a CM or a guest from afar to be able to tell it was an e-cig and that could cause problems. But...."smoking" an e-cig in your resort room or on your balcony or away from others should be permitted. I believe commonsense should be used.

I'm not big into public displays of mine either, so I will be stealth vaping around the park for sure. I'll save the big plumes for bathroom breaks and my resort room. Please do post back after you get a reply from Disney. I'm curious on their stance.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #1572
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt1912 View Post

I couldn't agree with you more!!

even tho we quit smoking, and have never used an E-cig, there is no reason why it should bother anyone!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #1573
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

My favorite DSA is Sosa cigar bar in DTD. Will be their the night of 10/16/11
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #1574
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

I meant to say that my best DSA area is Fuego by Sosa Cigars. Small place but great service and nice people. Have spent many nights their the past years. I invite any DVC members to meet me their while i am in town during vacation for a nice smoke.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #1575
enth
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the thread!
enth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: