Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #1
superrach
Mouseketeer

Can I go to park first then hotel?

Staying at Pop in a few weeks; curious if we can go to a park then check-in to our hotel at the end of the night? We have the free dining plan and magic bands. Wasn't sure if our magic bands would work if we didn't go by the hotel first. Thanks!!
Disney Dream 4 nt. Bahamas, June 2013
Disney Fantasy 7nt. Eastern Caribbean, June 2012
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
superrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Your Magic Bands will work for park entry prior to checking in at Pop but will not work for Dining Credits. Just an FYI, you can check in at Pop as early as 6AM.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
superrach
Mouseketeer

Flight comes in at 2:30 and we'd like to be in the park by 4:30 via our rental car. Will swing by the front desk if we have time; good to know about the dining. Thank you!!
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
Old 09-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superrach View Post
Flight comes in at 2:30 and we'd like to be in the park by 4:30 via our rental car. Will swing by the front desk if we have time; good to know about the dining. Thank you!!
Okay. If you go right to the park, you're not considered a resort guest until you check in so you'll have to pay for parking. Make sure you save your parking receipt from the park you go to. Pop will reimburse you for parking when you do check in.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #5
superrach
Mouseketeer

Good to know as well! Thank you!
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
Old 09-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
surethingsfall
Earning My Ears

Check in online now and when you arrive, you'll be able to go to the Online Check In Desk - they'll have all your documents ready and waiting for you and all you'll have to do is show ID and you're off!

WDW (Offsite) - Nov '98 | Nov '00 | Jun '01 | Nov '05 | May '06 | Nov '09 | Nov '11

WDW Resorts -ASSport May '07 | POP Oct '07 | POR Dec '08 | POFQ Jul '10 | ASMo Dec '12 | ASMo Dec '13 | ASSport Jan '14 | ASSport Jul '14
surethingsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
superrach
Mouseketeer

I just did that last night and will certainly go to that desk when checking in. Thanks for the tip!
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #8
nkereina
Wendy Darling

It was my understanding that if you have a package booked with tickets, your tickets will not work/be activated until you check in at the hotel. Is that true? I know they will work if they are purchased separately and linked to your band, but I've heard the opposite about tickets purchased as part of a MYW package....
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #9
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
It was my understanding that if you have a package booked with tickets, your tickets will not work/be activated until you check in at the hotel. Is that true? I know they will work if they are purchased separately and linked to your band, but I've heard the opposite about tickets purchased as part of a MYW package....
This is my understanding too. You need to check in at the resort so that they can activate your Magic Bands (tickets AND dining credits).
luvdisney24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #10
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney24 View Post
This is my understanding too. You need to check in at the resort so that they can activate your Magic Bands (tickets AND dining credits).
I don't think that's necessarily true if you get your bands in advance they should be active already. AP holders don't have to go to a resort to get theirs activated. I think as for dining though you do need to go to a resort.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I don't think that's necessarily true if you get your bands in advance they should be active already. AP holders don't have to go to a resort to get theirs activated. I think as for dining though you do need to go to a resort.
Yes but AP holders would be the same as people who purchase/link their tickets separately. I'm talking about people who purchase a Magic Your Way package that includes their tickets - not ones they have purchased or linked separately. Last I've heard, those with a package need to go to a resort first to activate their tickets and dining. It doesn't make sense that their tickets would be active but not their dining if they don't stop at their resort first, and we know for fact that dining isn't active until they go to the resort first...
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Yes but AP holders would be the same as people who purchase/link their tickets separately. I'm talking about people who purchase a Magic Your Way package that includes their tickets - not ones they have purchased or linked separately. Last I've heard, those with a package need to go to a resort first to activate their tickets and dining. It doesn't make sense that their tickets would be active but not their dining if they don't stop at their resort first, and we know for fact that dining isn't active until they go to the resort first...
I got my bands prior to my trip and I did have to go to the POFQ to have them activated before I could use them.
luvdisney24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: