Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
shaynar
Mouseketeer

Convince me that I'll like Jambo House better than Kidani

We just booked Jambo House, 1 bedroom, on points. We've stayed at Kidani before, and the 1 bedroom there is soooo nice. 2nd bathroom, better master bathroom. Just by watching video tours of jambo house 1 bedrooms and kidani 1 bedrooms I'm doubting myself

Just as another point - we don't eat in restaurants, or even QS, so having those at Jambo isn't a 'selling point' to me. I'm also having issues with not having the splash pad right outside. I know it's avialble to me, but I'll have to walk 10 minutes or take a shuttle.

So knowing the above facts, sell me on Jambo House and stop me from doubting myself!!!

Too many than I can remember.....
Latest: 09/2008 Honeymoon @ Poly, 10/2010 First "family trip" @ WL, 01/2012 Bringing Baby #2 @ Kidani, 01/2013 @ BCV/VWL, 1/2014 @ VWL !!!! Coming up, 1/2015 @ Jambo House!
shaynar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at Jambo twice, once in a 1-bedroom and once standard CL and I loved it!! While Kidani has the splash pad, I prefer the pool at Jambo. I also like the wide-open feeling of the lobby, the big animal viewing area and the fabulous gift shop.

I've never stayed at Kidani, but I have to say I like the "resort" feeling of Jambo that Kidani doesn't offer. And the shuttle ride back and forth to Kidani is super quick and easy if you want to use the pool and splash pad.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Is it too late to change it to Kidani? Is all availability gone?
I recommend change it back if you still can, for all the reasons you mentioned.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Lisa loves Pooh
DIS Veteran

Wish I could help. We prefer Kidani--especially for Savannah view.

If you like the more "hotel" atmosphere, I think Jambo has more going for it in that regard. It is also the original hotel. Bigger gift shop. Oddly, we have never been to their pool.
Lisa loves Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
shaynar
Mouseketeer

No! Can't change the reservation now Still hoping we have a good time....

Too many than I can remember.....
Latest: 09/2008 Honeymoon @ Poly, 10/2010 First "family trip" @ WL, 01/2012 Bringing Baby #2 @ Kidani, 01/2013 @ BCV/VWL, 1/2014 @ VWL !!!! Coming up, 1/2015 @ Jambo House!
shaynar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Ok...here goes...

It will be a cold day in the fiery pits of Hades before we book Kidani again. There is just no way I will ever risk having to walk that far to my room. They stuck us out in no-man's land (seriously I expected to look out our balcony and see the creepy elephant graveyard from the Lion king).

We adore Jambo and would stay there again in a heart beat.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Jambo House for us. The Lobby, the pool, viewing the animals from the back of the pool area. To us the "hotel" or resort feel here is stronger which we enjoy.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Ok...here goes...

It will be a cold day in the fiery pits of Hades before we book Kidani again. There is just no way I will ever risk having to walk that far to my room. They stuck us out in no-man's land (seriously I expected to look out our balcony and see the creepy elephant graveyard from the Lion king).

We adore Jambo and would stay there again in a heart beat.
I agree with this. We were laughing by the time we got to our room. couldn't believe how far we had to walk.

the only way I'd ever book kidani again was if it were a last minute trip and that was all I could get. Jambo lobby is much more inviting to us, we really enjoy it. we also prefer the pool.

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: