Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Is POR always excluded from specials now?

I know the past year or so I kept hearing POFQ and POR weren't part of the specials that come out. And it seems for the fall they aren't part of free dining at least. I assume this is because of popularity. Does it seem like it's always excluded or more for FD or certain times of the year?

Now that our twins are about to turn 3 we become a family of 5 so POR would be our only Mod option and Deluxe is going to be a bit much if we want to keep going back. I'm going to be heartbroken if we can't get any deals for POR as it's definitely going to limit our future Disney trips.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
LONES
Mouseketeer

In January, FQ and Riverside were both included in the Stay/Play/Dine offer. We booked FQ the first day the discount came out to Disney Visa holders, and were able to get it. Later, my Dad got a Free Dining pin, and we were expecting to have to move to Riverside to use it, but we were able to keep FQ with the pin. It's not unusual for FQ to have a lesser discount than other mods, or no discount at all. I think this fall's Free Dining is the first I've seen of Riverside being shut out of a discount. I'm hoping that's not going to be the case going forward. Even though we're only a family of 4, we have no interest at all in CBR or CSR.

I've also heard that with the refurbishment at CBR, there will possibly be rooms for families of 5. It may not be what you want... but at least a possible option.
LONES is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
nkereina
Wendy Darling

To my knowledge, the only time POR has been excluded is during this recent free dining offer which could be for a variety of reasons. And even still, the same free dining offer went out as a pin code and POR IS included in the pin code (just not the public offer). So I wouldn't be too concerned yet about POR consistently being excluded going forward.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
JCornell
Mouseketeer

POFQ is often excluded but POR usually isn't. What it really comes down to is that they look at bookings for each resort. Any that are under-booked (for whatever their limit/threshold is), are part of the offer. Since POFQ has half the rooms of any other moderate, they usually aren't under-booked.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: