Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #136
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I did know they provided them I just know that my DS will want to buy one if he doesn't have his with him . . . and probably even if he does. He already has 3 yet he still asks if we can buy another. How many lightsabers does one kid need?

My DS is 6 he has 6 lightsabers...says when he turns 7 he will need another LOL
He only has 2 hands...

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #137
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

We are leaving for Disneyland on Christmas Day All my DS6 wants for christmas is a trip to Disneyland to go to the Jedi training academy.

Thanks to all who have posted here we have taken all advice given believe me this one moment could make or break how he feels about Disneyland forever. (this is his first trip)

Will come by this thread to let you know how it goes..Thanks again

My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #138
SplashMo
DIS Veteran

Just have a sign even if it is a 8.5x11 sheet. The trick is getting the child to hold the sign....
Old 12-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #139
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMo View Post
Just have a sign even if it is a 8.5x11 sheet. The trick is getting the child to hold the sign....
The first time my son did Jedi training, he was too embarrassed to hold the sign. But I was standing behind him, holding it over his head while he jumped up and down. He got picked really quickly, and the Jedi called him the boy with the sign.

The next time we went, he begged me for a sign!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #140
Hound 109
So non-screamin' family members can pass the time enjoyably while the Hound gets his Screamin' fix in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
We are leaving for Disneyland on Christmas Day All my DS6 wants for christmas is a trip to Disneyland to go to the Jedi training academy.

Thanks to all who have posted here we have taken all advice given believe me this one moment could make or break how he feels about Disneyland forever. (this is his first trip)

Will come by this thread to let you know how it goes..Thanks again
May the force be with your young Padewan.

Not for the faint of heart, but LOTS of info for the WDW Vet visiting for one or two days:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975805

Hound 109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #141
626Mom
Earning My Ears

Thank you for these great tips! My DS8 loves everything SW and was crushed when he didn't get picked on our trip 3 years ago. Hopefully with these hints he'll get picked during our trip at Christmas. fingers crossed...
626Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #142
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626Mom View Post
Thank you for these great tips! My DS8 loves everything SW and was crushed when he didn't get picked on our trip 3 years ago. Hopefully with these hints he'll get picked during our trip at Christmas. fingers crossed...
And for a very magical moment, I always bring an extra sign and share with another child. There is always some kid there trying for his 3rd time, just really hoping this time he will finally be picked. I love to make his day
Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #143
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And for a very magical moment, I always bring an extra sign and share with another child. There is always some kid there trying for his 3rd time, just really hoping this time he will finally be picked. I love to make his day
Wow what a wonderful idea. You are a gem and get the true magic of Disney. I am sure there are parents who thank god for you.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #144
Disgram23kids
Earning My Ears

Thanks to all the advice I found here on the board, last Saturday, my 6 year old grandson was chosen at the 10:30 show. We dressed him in a Star Wars Lego Shirt that was black but had bright colorful lego Jedi characters on it. We found a tatoo with Yoda at Toys "R" Us and put that on his cheek. My granddaughter who is 17 and extremely artistic, painted the same Yoda on a poster board with green and black lettering that aid "Battle the Dark Side - I Must!!". It was awesome. At 10:00 AM, we went to the area and sat down - front row. As the space started filling up, the kids and I moved back to let little kids sit in front. We watched my grandson strike up a conversation with the two little boys sitting next to him - one on each side. I was amazed at how many parents still sat in front with their kids when little kids were behind them just dying to get chosen. My granddaughter actually walked up to the guy who's son was sitting next to my grandson and pointed out to him that if we hadn't moved back, his son would not be in the front row and that he could easily see over the kids heads so he should move back a bit and let the kid behind him sit where he was. I was proud of her. She said it very nicely and the father did move. Anyway, when the Jedi Master came out all the kids were standing by that time and cheering - jumping up and down. My grandson held his sign over his head and it ended up over all three little boys heads because it was so large. The Jedi master chose 10 kids from the Nemo side and then he turned to our side and said -I believe the force is very strong with these three boys right here holding the Yoda sign. The boys were so excited. My grandson practically threw the sign at us and off they went. The one little boy's mom said "I think we just piggy backed onto your sign!!" I paid a lot of attention and when they had finished picking (30 kids) - everyone with a sign or a star wars shirt was picked. There was a little boy sitting across the rope aisle from us who was crying because he wasn't picked. We gave him my grandson's sign and his Dad said they would try again at the next show. He was thrilled. We got great photos and I will try to post some this weekend after I get them downloaded from the cameras. I appreciate all the tips/advice. It was great!!!!
Disgram23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #145
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgram23kids View Post
Thanks to all the advice I found here on the board, last Saturday, my 6 year old grandson was chosen at the 10:30 show. We dressed him in a Star Wars Lego Shirt that was black but had bright colorful lego Jedi characters on it. We found a tatoo with Yoda at Toys "R" Us and put that on his cheek. My granddaughter who is 17 and extremely artistic, painted the same Yoda on a poster board with green and black lettering that aid "Battle the Dark Side - I Must!!". It was awesome. At 10:00 AM, we went to the area and sat down - front row. As the space started filling up, the kids and I moved back to let little kids sit in front. We watched my grandson strike up a conversation with the two little boys sitting next to him - one on each side. I was amazed at how many parents still sat in front with their kids when little kids were behind them just dying to get chosen. My granddaughter actually walked up to the guy who's son was sitting next to my grandson and pointed out to him that if we hadn't moved back, his son would not be in the front row and that he could easily see over the kids heads so he should move back a bit and let the kid behind him sit where he was. I was proud of her. She said it very nicely and the father did move. Anyway, when the Jedi Master came out all the kids were standing by that time and cheering - jumping up and down. My grandson held his sign over his head and it ended up over all three little boys heads because it was so large. The Jedi master chose 10 kids from the Nemo side and then he turned to our side and said -I believe the force is very strong with these three boys right here holding the Yoda sign. The boys were so excited. My grandson practically threw the sign at us and off they went. The one little boy's mom said "I think we just piggy backed onto your sign!!" I paid a lot of attention and when they had finished picking (30 kids) - everyone with a sign or a star wars shirt was picked. There was a little boy sitting across the rope aisle from us who was crying because he wasn't picked. We gave him my grandson's sign and his Dad said they would try again at the next show. He was thrilled. We got great photos and I will try to post some this weekend after I get them downloaded from the cameras. I appreciate all the tips/advice. It was great!!!!
DLR 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #146
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney

We went to DL in February and my 8 yr old daughter was thrilled watching the kids at the JTA. She wanted to participate so badly, so as soon as the show ended , she plunked herself down right by the lines where the characters come out . There was no way anyone was getting closer than her. Since the young man strolling around(who was dressed as a jedi knight),keeping an eye on things saw her, he came over and talked to her for about 15 minutes till other people started to file in. A few kids tried to move her over but he was pretty quick in letting them know they had to find another spot. Of course they picked her.If anyone sits there that long there is no way they would not pick her. So if you have the time and could use a good break,it is a sure way to make that magic happen. We also had front row seats at a table which was great.

Last edited by Susie63; 12-15-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: images added
Susie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #147
Hound 109
So non-screamin' family members can pass the time enjoyably while the Hound gets his Screamin' fix in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626Mom View Post
Good luck 626Mom.

Get a sign in his hands & have him jump up & down!!!

Please report back & let us know how it goes.

Not for the faint of heart, but LOTS of info for the WDW Vet visiting for one or two days:

Old 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #148
Hound 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Great idea QueenDoOver.

Almost as welcomed as free Corny Dog while you're waiting for the Fireworks.......or a free FP to Griz Rapids on a 100 degree day!!

Old 01-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #149
626Mom
Earning My Ears

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the help! We were at Disneyland 12/26-12/30 among the crush of humanity. We followed the tips; showed up early, staked out a prime location (yes that concrete floor is COLD and HARD!)and had our signs made. My two boys were the first ones chosen and it was the highlight of our trip. Thank you everyone for the advice!
626Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #150
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Colton got picked on our first attempt the first day. He would have loved to do it again but with the crowds i though it unfair for him to get picked twice when there were so many others who wanted to do it. After all thanks to DIS we were in the know! We did share signs with families that were obviously not on their first attempt. What a feel good moment when those children got picked too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: