Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
jackson190
Earning My Ears

6/27 Med Cruise-private tour in Florence

We are considering a private tour in Florence. Can anyone recommend a good company? Also looking to possibly share the tour with another family-our family of four, DDs 8 and 13.
jackson190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
michellebriana
Mouseketeer

Are you thinking of including Pisa as well?

michellebriana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
jackson190
Earning My Ears

Yes, we were considering Pisa. A friend of ours who lived in Italy said that unless you can go up in the tower it is not worth the stop. I have found a company that seems to offer a good tour. It was recommended by another DCL cruiser on this site. If we can get a group of 8 the cost becomes very reasonable and we can see much more.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
michellebriana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson190 View Post
Yes, we were considering Pisa. A friend of ours who lived in Italy said that unless you can go up in the tower it is not worth the stop. I have found a company that seems to offer a good tour. It was recommended by another DCL cruiser on this site. If we can get a group of 8 the cost becomes very reasonable and we can see much more.
I have a group of 6 (4 adults/2 children). Depending on the cost, I might be interested in doing the tour with you. Can they accomodate 10 or is 8 the max they can fit in a van? I am currently booked on Florence/Pisa and would like to keep that cost as the max.

michellebriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
jackson190
Earning My Ears

This company emailed a quote for a full day excursion, recommended time 8am-5pm picking us up at the dock. They will customize the tour and arrange for tickets to places we choose to visit. I believe the max they can accomodate is 8 people. The charge for a group of 8 is 750 euros. Again, this tour company is highly recommended and after reading the responses on the Florence/Pisa excursion I am seriously considering it!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
miclen
Mouseketeer

WHich company are you using? We are on the 08-08 cruise and I booked a private tour with presigent.com after it was recommended. I am wondering now when the last tender to the ship is. I want to make sure we don't miss it.

I misspelled the company name. It is prestigerent.com
miclen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #7
jackson190
Earning My Ears

Yes, prestigerent is the group we have been in contact with. As far as the time to be back on the ship, the DCL excursion is supposed to end at 6:15 and this company suggested an end time of 5pm.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
miclen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, prestigerent is the group we have been in contact with. As far as the time to be back on the ship, the DCL excursion is supposed to end at 6:15 and this company suggested an end time of 5pm.
Thanks. I think we should be okay, but I have this fear of missing the ship! What tour are you planning in Florence?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
jackson190
Earning My Ears

I have no clue at this point! We are booked on the Florence/Pisa tour with DCL and I will probably try to match their itinerary if we go with this tour company. I am a little nervous about this but I have heard good things. Have you already booked with them? What are you doing? Did you pay credit card or are you paying cash there?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
miclen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have no clue at this point! We are booked on the Florence/Pisa tour with DCL and I will probably try to match their itinerary if we go with this tour company. I am a little nervous about this but I have heard good things. Have you already booked with them? What are you doing? Did you pay credit card or are you paying cash there?
Yes, I booked yesterday morning for our Aug 8th cruise. I recieved an email back immdiantly. I had made a mistake when I booked and put the wrong port, but they caught it. Unfotunately our port is considerably more expensive. However the tour company is able to reserve the museum tickets in FLorence and will make sure we have time to go up to the top of the leaning tower. It just seems like a better way to see more. I have it reserved for just my family of 4, but ideally if I could hook up with someone else and share the cost that would be great.

I opted to pay cash, mainly because they charge you an extra 4% if you use the credit card.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
arbitrage
Earning My Ears

We are still looking to do a private tour in both florence/pisa or Rome for the 6/27 cruise. It would be myself, wife, son 12 and daughter 8. Anyone else looking to get the expense down by doubling up??

Last edited by arbitrage; 06-10-2007 at 08:19 PM.
arbitrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #12
miclen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
We are still looking to do a private tour in both florence/pisa or Rome. It would be myself, wife, son 12 and daughter 8. Anyone else looking to get the expense down by doubling up??
When are you sailing? We are on the 08/08 cruise and are doing aprivate tour in Florence
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 AM   #13
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

I am on the July 28th cruise and have also emailed two private tour guides. One being the one listed here. I need to find the other one (it was also listed on one of these threads).

We are only interested in Pisa or Pisa and Lucca. We do not want a 10 hour day tour and my family does not want to travel 2 1/2 hours to get to Florence and 2 1/2 hours back.

Would love to hear any additional feedback here.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
Deb T.
It's so nice to read for fun again
I love my iPod!
I'm Crazy DIS Tag Lover...now gimme some S'Mores!

Do you have to give prestigerent your credit card info if you plan to pay by cash?

62 Disney World Trips so far... next one this winter!
21 Disneyland Trips so far... next one this fall!
1 Disneyland Paris Trip!

DCL PLATINUM!: Magic 1998; Wonder 1999; Wonder 2006; Wonder 2007; Mediterranean Magic 2007; Wonder 2008; Mexican Riviera Magic 2008; Wonder 2009; Wonder 2010; Baltic Sea Magic 2010; B2B Dream 2011/Dream 2011; Dream 2012; Fantasy EC 2013; looking forward to Baltic Magic again in 2015!
Deb T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Deb.

I just got an email from them. They want cc info. only to secure reservation (even though you are paying cash to the driver).

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: