Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #16
Fredd's Girl
No one told us happily ever after could be this great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRTyBuNNy View Post
hence the reason it is known in my family as the Primeval Hurl!

--Mr. DB
I remember having that feeling too!
1978-Offsite, 1986-Day Trip, 1997-All Star Music, 1998-Carribbean Beach, 1999-Offsite- Hotel Royal Plaza, 2000-Carribbean Beach, 2002-All Star Music, 2005-Wilderness Lodge (THANKS MOM!) 2006-Honeymoon-Carribbean Beach, 2009-Animal Kingdom Lodge (THANKS AGAIN MOM!), 2010-Dolphin-Food and Wine Trip, 2011-Pop Century
Fredd's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #17
tpayne
I still get fuzzy feelings with the Brut

I absolutely love this ride. It does knock you about, but you are laughing so hard you barely notice the pain I probably won't return for a while to Animal Kingdom so ride it once for me!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #18
Vijoge
This one isn't itchy or scratchy
He was a sloth
This has nothing to do with Ding!

What did Zagat say about this ride? We didn't ride it when we were there. . DH can't do rides that go "round and 'round.

Why are there so many angry people on the DIS?

To find out when Southwest will release fares PLEASE go to www.southwest.com and click on travel tools
Vijoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #19
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Allright, folks. The big debate in our house is whether to do this ride, or not. I'm in the "not" book. DD7 says yes, but she gets easily carsick. I get very nauseaous if I spin too much, as in I can be on the Teacups without any extra spinning. Anything else I'm done for.

I heard the podcast, and after hearing the Zagat description I'm ready to put it on our "NOT" list.

So, opinions? I know that DS & DH can handle it okay, but I'm afraid that if DD goes on it and gets sick - or if I go on it and get sick - our day is shot.

What do you all say?
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #20
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

I am hoping to clear up some of my thoughts on this ride....

I dont think it's a bad ride. I have ridden it several times. It reminds me of the Tilt A Whirl and a Wild Mouse coaster, if you can imagine that. I dont ride it much anymore as I dont want back problems during my day in the park. (I also dont ride Tower of Terror anymore as it makes me nauseous. Who wants a sick stomach while out having a good time? I've ridden it and now I'm done...but thats just me....I still think TOT is an awesome attraction.)

I understand the idea behind the ride (Primeval Whirl) and that Imagineers have said "it took a lot of money to make it look this cheap". I just dont like the "country carnival" look of the area plunked down in what I think is a beautiful park with awesome themeing. Even more...I really dislike the carnival games of chance. I think they look cheap and tacky. I dont think this area adds anything to Animal Kingdom. Just an opinion....not fact.

As for the Zagat Guide....I picked the Primeval Whirl ride because the description is a bit over the top. I think the Zagat Guide is a waste of time and money. Some of their descriptions are laughable. There are much better guides out there and much better information available.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #21
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I am hoping to clear up some of my thoughts on this ride....

I dont think it's a bad ride. I have ridden it several times. It reminds me of the Tilt A Whirl and a Wild Mouse coaster, if you can imagine that. I dont ride it much anymore as I dont want back problems during my day in the park. (I also dont ride Tower of Terror anymore as it makes me nauseous. Who wants a sick stomach while out having a good time? I've ridden it and now I'm done...but thats just me....I still think TOT is an awesome attraction.)

I understand the idea behind the ride (Primeval Whirl) and that Imagineers have said "it took a lot of money to make it look this cheap". I just dont like the "country carnival" look of the area plunked down in what I think is a beautiful park with awesome themeing. Even more...I really dislike the carnival games of chance. I think they look cheap and tacky. I dont think this area adds anything to Animal Kingdom. Just an opinion....not fact.

As for the Zagat Guide....I picked the Primeval Whirl ride because the description is a bit over the top. I think the Zagat Guide is a waste of time and money. Some of their descriptions are laughable. There are much better guides out there and much better information available.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Alicnwondrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #22
julm26
Mouseketeer

Makes me sick

I don't like the primeval whirl because it makes me deathly ill. I rode it once and had to sit down for an hour before my stomach would stop spinning.
April 2013 - Disneyland here we come!

Me DH DD(8)
julm26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #23
selmuir
WooHoo

OOOoooohhhhh ,, I love this ride lol ,
- Short Ques
- Fast Turns
- 4 Passenger
- Great fun

selmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #24
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

My DS gets very travel sick - generally OK on planes, luckily! Anyway, he had quite fancied it before we got to WDW, even though we had seen it on the video. However, he took one look at it and said "I don't want to go on that!" I certainly didn't want to go on it (spinning makes me nauseous - even MIB was a bit of an ordeal )
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #25
grumpy.uncle
Ed

Eventhough this area of the AKP is cheesy, it is a great area for younger children that could not handle some of the more severe rides in AK. I have gone on Primeval Whirl w/ my neice and she loves it. I tend to get a little dizzy on it. When I was there in January w/ friends, 2 of my friends got in one car and we were in the car behind them. Apparently, as soon as they sat down they noticed a really off smell to their car. It seems that a previous rider had hurled in their car on the whirl. They were laughing and gagging during their entire ride. They weren't sure they wanted to get up afterward for fear they would see that they had been sitting in a puddle. They mentioned the problem when they got off the ride to a CM, but the car was quickly loaded w/ the next set of unsuspecting riders. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
grumpy.uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #26
Vallie
DIS Veteran

My bf and I went on this ride last time we went and we LOVED it we were cracking up the whole time.

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #27
Boardwalker
DIS Veteran

Love the ride, and was getting ticked at the bashing.
I understand Kevin's point, that the whole area seems out of place, but I think it is geared towards younger children, which is something that the AK needs. Families with small children need a place for the little ones to blow off some steam. Most of the AK entertainment is shows and to keep kids still all day isn't that easy.
Having the amusement area helps to get the wiggles out. The boneyard is good, but adults don't want to stand and watch kids play in a playground for too long, it feels like a waste of admission. At least with the amusement area, adults can participate too.
Sometimes I think if there is any voice missing from the podcast, it is one from a Mom's perspective, and I am hoping that Julie can fix that soon!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #28
disney[xo]sweetie
Mouseketeer

I have MANY views on this!!! i think its great when youre going to have lunch AFTER, but id stay away if you just had a huge cheeseburger and fries...
*cringe* lets just say, you might enjoy that meal twice.

FIGURE SKATING MOMS THREAD!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717416[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by disney[xo]sweetie; 06-10-2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: the sea monkey has my money!
disney[xo]sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #29
TravelinGal
DIS Veteran

I don't remember feeling sick from this ride, but I sure remember feeling battered and bruised! I hated it. There was nothing fun for me being violently thrust from side to side.

I accept that others enjoy it, but WE will never ride it again.

I agree that the whole AREA looks cheap and tacky. Doesn't fit in with anything else. Doesn't make me think of a 50's carnival - it looks more like they just dumped miscellaneous rides/games in one area to fill space.

TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #30
disney[xo]sweetie
Mouseketeer

i do agree that it does NOT go with the rest of the parks themeing.

Exhibit A. Photos.

See?? Nature, pretty, un tacky, nature.

And here we have,in the middle of it all, Chester and Hesters Dino-Rama.

its kind of like Michael Eisner was a happy kid at a state fair convention, and just decided to have a splurge moment.
And all of us have these moments right??
So, its not a bad thing.
Maybe, instead of thinking of how it will clash with everything in the park, he thought
"lets branch out from just straight nature, and have a little fun with this dino theming."
So, i guess I see the story both ways!

FIGURE SKATING MOMS THREAD!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717416[/SIZE][/FONT]
disney[xo]sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: