Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Fairytale Remix:Cindy and the 3 Bears - the Trip Report Edition Final Update11/6 p 34

Hi Everyone!

Since we've officially passed into the double digits I thought I would try my hand (actually fingers ... I can't imagine attempting to type with my entire hand ... especially on a laptop) at a pre-trip report. They're fun to read, so hopefully I can live up to some of the greats and someone can get some fun out of this!

Anyways, enough with the boring, on with the excitment!

The Starting Lineup:

Me: Abby, 23, never been to The World. Possessor of both bachelor's and master's degrees and am out in the "real world" working at my first job. I can pretty much be summed up as a snarky jock who secretly kinda wanted to be a princess. Sorta. But not if it meant wearing a dress.

Mom: (Lynnielou) also never been to the world. One of the hardest working and most selfless people I've ever known. She's also one of my best friends. She's the medical transcription coordinator at a local hospital. Types faster than anyone in the world. Seriously. They should hold a competition and the prize should be a trip to the world. Then this whole party would be free!

Dad: (Abby's Dad) the brains behind the operation. Been to The World twice. Always wanted to take "his girls" to see The World. He's retired and works part time medical transcription to support his woodworking ship. Fantastic sense of humor and a fine appreciation of the art of sarcasm.

Bench Warmer(s):

The following character(s) may or may not come into play. They will not be accompanying us on the best trip ever. How sad for them!

Zoe - too bad she can't come stay with us for the week! She is my mischevious 8 month old kitten. Basically, I mention her because she has a tendancy to walk across my keyboard and if you see gjdhguihguirhg pop up in the middle of my post ... she walked across and I didn't catch it to edit it out

It's getting late and since I have a boring office job I have to be up early for, more to come tomorrow!

INDEX:

p. 1, #1 Intros - 6-4-2007 you just read them!
p. 1, #2 Show and Tell - 6-5-2007 pictures & backstory.
p. 1, #3 Making things Real - 6-6-2007 continuation of backstory, homework. Yup, still on page 1...
p. 1, #6 What's this you say? HOMEWORK?! - 6-6-2007 oh yeah, on page 1, we like to talk ...
p. 1, #7 ADRs 6-6-2007
p. 1, #12 I Have a Confession to Make ... - 6-8-2007 still haven't left page 1, we're thinking of moving in ...
p. 1, #13 Seeing Green 6-9-2007
p. 2, #19 It's a PARTY! 6-13-2007
p. 2, #28 I'm on a Mission, a Mission from God ... 6-15-2007
p. 3, #44 It's not an Addiction ... 6-18-2007
p. 5, #73 A Weekend with the 3 Bears 6-26-2007
p. 5, #74 Saturday's Celebration - Part II 6-26-2007 (Also known as Ferdinand Gets Drunk)
p. 5, #75 Part III - or it's all Mel's Fault! 6-26-2007
p. 7, #95 Costuming Decisions 7-3-2007
p. 7, #104 Costume Consultations and Important Decisions 7-6-2007 continued in #105
p. 10, #144 Please Excuse this Commerical Interruption 7-24-2007
p. 10, #145 Finally the Moment You've all been Waiting For ... 7-24-2007 (costume reveal Part I)
p. 11, #160 Sometimes I Love Getting Mail! 7-26-2007
p. 12, #169 Sometimes I Love the United States Postal Service! 7-30-2007
p. 13, #182 Pins, Pins, Glorious Pins! ... and a little water too 8-7-2007
p. 13, #184 Additional Water Pics by Guest Photographer Abby's Dad ] 8-8-2007
p. 13, #195 Off with your Head! 8-11-2007
p. 14, #199 "At Last, The Itinerary" by Guest Columnist Abby's Dad 8-12-2007
p. 16, #235 Crafts and Kittens and Lists! Oh my! 8-20-2007
p. 17, #246 Makin' the Cat Earn Her Keep 8-24-2007

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

On to the Good Stuff - The Trip Report Begins!

DAY 1: Friday, September 7
p. 21, #313 Shall we Begin? 9-17-2007
p. 22, #317 Oh the suspense...
p. 22, #319 Our Grand Kick-Off Lunch!
p. 22, #320 More Coral Reef
p. 22, #326 Day 1, continued...

DAY 2: Saturday, September 8
p. 23, #331 A surprise dream ...
p. 23, #335 Gear up - You Oughta be in Pictures! 9-21-2007
p. 23, #336 A Long Time Ago
p. 23, #337 What time is it?
p. 23, #338 ...and the show goes on...
p. 23, #339 the threat of impending doom...

DAY 3: Sunday, September 9
p. 24, #346 Are you Kidding Me?
p. 24, #347 Le Cellier .... and finally the Castle!
p. 24, #348 What happens next?
p. 24, #349 Where does the time go?
p. 24, #354 Thoughts from Guest Columnist Abby's Dad
p. 24, #356 Photos and thoughts from Guest Photographer Code

DAY 4: Monday, September 10
p. 24, #359 Breakfast: Royalty Style!
p. 25, #371 Off to Neverland!
p. 25, #372 An Evening of Elegance...

DAY 5: Tuesday, September 11
p. 26, #377 Epcot - for real this time!
p. 26, #381 ...the anticipated answer...
p. 27, #399 Tuesday Continued!

DAY 6: Wednesday, September 12
p. 27, #401 Safari!
p. 27, #404 In the jungle, the mighty jungle ...
p. 28, #408 Fish! and a wiley crocodile-y

DAY 7: Thursday, September 13
p. 28, #417 exploring the 100 acre woods...
p. 29, #423 Spin Yourself SILLY!
p. 29, #424 Grim Grinning Ghosts...
p. 29, $430 Would you like a little LIME with that?!
p. 29, #431 Rats!
p. 29, #432 Bright, Shining Lights!

DAY 8: Friday, September 14 (MNSSHP)
p. 30, #437 T.M.I.F.
p. 30, #438 Happy Halloween!
p. 31, #452 Where's Belle?

DAY 9: Saturday, September 15
p. 31, #465 The Saddest Day in the Happiest Place
p. 32, #474 Hold the Plane!

p. 33, #484 Remix Recap: Part I
p. 33, #489 Remix Recap: Part IA: Abby's Dad chimes in!
p. 34, #497 Remix Recap: Part II

Last edited by abbybeth; 11-06-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: getting fancy and adding an index!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Show and Tell

Who are we? and what's with the crazy title?

Well, Bear is part of our last name and there are 3 of us - so, the 3 bears we are! Cindy, of course is our dear Cinderella who's beautiful home we're going to see.

Make sense now? Fabulous!

This is moi:

I cut my hair recently, but don't have any great pictures yet, so these will suffice for now. As evidenced by the second picture, big fuzzy characters are A OK in my book. Actually, I adore large costumed characters and cannot wait to hug every one I find. I'm gearin' up for some character huntin'!

These are my amazing parents all gussied up for a wedding this past fall. They will be celebrating their 26th wedding anniversary on this trip and I get to celebrate with them (because if they hadn't met and gotten married, I wouldn't be around to GO to Disney! See, it all works out)
aren't they great?

and for good measure, my kitten Zoe

She is gorgeous and she knows it. Period. Total princess

Now, a little backstory...

Being a kid who grew up with Disney movies, Disney World has been the holy grail of vacation spots in my little mind. We were never able to go when I was little. My parents sacrificed a lot to support me in my highly competitive highland dancing career as well as my athletics. This meant that instead of taking family vacations, I was off at competitions and tournaments. We had a great time and got to see and do a lot along the way (Dad was a genius for finding attractions and activities to do in the various cities we visited - complete with printed itineraries ... clearly this man has been in training for a real Disney trip for years and didn't even know it!)

So no real vacations and definitely no Disney. No worries - we're one of those crazy families that can make a great Saturday out of a miniature golf course, a case of Diet Coke and some frozen yogurt. Game on!

I know that my Dad has always wanted to take my mom and I on a vacation - especially one to Disney World. In his past trips, the World left quite an impression - especially the Country Bear Jamboree. I want to see this if only because I know how much it means to my dad. (granted I secretly think it's going to be really awesome to ... but that's a side benefit!)

My parents called me a little over a month ago now and told me that I needed to come home to see them. They had something important to discuss with me that was extremely time sensitive and that had to be done in person. I was immediately concerned. I live and work an hour away, and while I do go home to see them fairly often, it's not like them to demand that I come immediately. The only explanation was that something bad had happened. Granted, while I was having this conversation with my mom on the phone my dad offered up the ever helpful "don't worry, no one's dying, we're not moving and we're not going bankrupt" in the background. Gee, thanks dad!

I drove straight home from work Friday, pretty irritated. For them to "make" me drive home unplanned was frustrating, especially with the price of gas and knowing that I would have to get up early the next morning to turn around and drive back because I had a prior commitment.

They tried to butter me up with Taco Bell (for some obnoxious reason, there isn't one in the town I live in) and wouldn't get to the point. I scarfed dinner - hey it was hot and tasty and I was hungry - and finally asked what was up. Instead of telling me, they asked "hey, let's watch a movie. Does that sound good?" Seriously. This didn't help my mood at all.

until

the movie started ....

The Disney Vacation Planning DVD

At this point, I figured that it was just a joke. They were jerking my chain. There was absolutely no way that this was happening. I sat there in my chair dumbfounded, not willing to believe that something like this was absolutely happening. The movie came to a close and my dad turned and asked the question:

"So what are you doing the week of September 7th?"
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Making things REAL

Needless to say, I didn't really come down very quickly. There was still a big part of me that couldn't believe this was actually happening!

Dad tried to sober me up with the facts. They were looking at September 7th through the 14th at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. They were also asking for me to contribute a small amount to the trip as well, which I thought was perfectly fair! It had been a time sensitive issue because my dad knew we needed to try to book right away and there were 3 working adults who had to coordinate putting in vacation requests. To be honest, if that week in September didn't work for one of us, the whole scheme would probably go kaput.

Well, I think that this trip has been meant to be from the get go, because none of us had any problems with our requests. Mom had put hers in before they told me and my dad and I both did ours the next Monday. Amazingly enough, no one had any problems at all! This was particularly remarkable with my job - I am a college admissions counselor and from the time the end of August rolls around through the end of November, we are on the road with visits and college fairs pretty much every day and most evenings.

My parents called me later in the week (Wednesday to be exact) to tell me that they had officially booked the trip through AAA - we really were going to DISNEY WORLD! and we got the POFQ!

Then my dad started assigning my mom and I homework ....
Old 06-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
prncssmel
Brunette Cinderella

Homework??? Wow, I need to know what that is.

Love the report so far. Your kitten is absolutely adorable.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prncssmel View Post
Homework??? Wow, I need to know what that is.

Love the report so far. Your kitten is absolutely adorable.

eeee! My first reader!

I'll go ahead and post about the homework

and Zoe is cute. She was a rescue kitten - someone abandoned her and her brother at a vet practice. That vet happened to be my best friend's uncle and I got to adopt her Thanksgiving weekend. She's a handful, but I love her!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

What's this you say? HOMEWORK?!

Do not clean your computer screens or get your eyes tested. We had HOMEWORK to do!

Since this will be our first family vacation and there are 3 adults to keep happy, my dad has decided to go about things as democratically as possible. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of restaurants and rides and shows and attractions!

Our first assignment as a smallish one. Look at the restaurants in Epcot and pick your top three. I think I went with Coral Reef, Marakesh and Rose and Crown. I normally would not have even considered Moroccan food, but there was a slight catch to this little Disney adventure [beware: slight sidebar ahead] I am a picky eater.

Not overly obnoxious about it, but as opposed to being someone who orders something without onions, pickles, olives, tomatos, mushrooms or other personally offensive items, I just choose to not be very adventurous. Part of the deal with Disney is that I have to try new things and I have to eat things as they are described on the menu. Hence, my attempt at saying I'd try Marakesh.

Marakesh didn't make the final cut, but I will attempt to be open to new food possibilities [end sidebar]

Anyways, that was the tip of the homework iceberg. The monster of all homework assignments was looming ahead. You see, dad was going to take our opinions into consideration and see what magic he could work with the reservation CMs. We had to start tackling what parks we would go to when and what rides we needed to focus on.

Bring on The List.

That's right, compiled by park and alphabetized, we were given the assignment of looking through each ride and attraction and prioritize what we wanted to see on a scale of 1-5

1 - absolutely HAVE to see/do no matter what
2 - would like to see if at all possible
3 - would be nice to see
4 - Would go if everyone else wanted to
5 - Definitely not interested at all

5 whole pages of things to rank. Thankfully we weren't limited to the number of 1s or 2s or other rankings we wanted *whew <--- sigh of relief*

That was a couple weeks ago now ... dad's still trying to weed through it, but I'm confident that he'll come up with good solutions. However, one crisis has arisen out of the ranking process.

I ranked Spectromagic as a 1. Spectro is only showing twice during our stay, the first night is the night that we have an ADR at Victoria & Albert's, so that's not a possibility. The other showing is our last evening there. We have an 8pm ADR at Narcossee's that I am unashamed to admit we are going to so I can have what is apparently the best lobster in WDW. (yes, I lobster!) but Spectro starts at 8....

what's a girl to do? any input here would be great. I think for now we're going to see if we can move the ADR up. If that's not possible, we'll do some figuring out as to how close to the dining time we can still cancel because it would be nice to hold on to it in case it rains and Spectro is cancelled. I know I can get lobster a lot of places, but can't get Spectro anywhere other than WDW... decisions, decisions...

At this point, we are doing 2.5 days in Epcot, 2.5 days in MK and a day each in AK and MGM. I need to find where my dad posted our ADR list ... apparently searching by poster's name doesn't actually work...

I've been bitten by the WDW bug and bitten hard .... up next, what supplies does one need for a trip to The World?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Our ADRs

Go figure, as soon as I give up and post, I finally use the right combination of search terms and jedi mind tricks and find the tread...

As posted by my dad to someone else who had just completed their ADRs:

"Congrats on getting your ADRs! Just finished the last of ours today . We will be staying at POFQ 9/7 - 9/14 for our 26th wedding anniversary, and these are our ADRs:
9/7: Coral Reef for lunch
9/7: Rose & Crown for dinner and IllumiNations

9/8: Hollywood Brown Derby & Fantasmic

9/9: LeCellier for lunch
9/9: Cape May Cafe for dinner

9/10: Cincerella's Royal Table for breakfast
9/10: Victoria's and Albert's for dinner

9/11: Chefs de France for lunch
9/11: LaNouba followed by dinner at Raglan Road

9/12: Tea at the Grand Floridian
9/12: California Grill for dinner and Wishes

9/13: Crystal Palace for breakfast
9/13: Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch
9/13: Narcoosee's for dinner

The free DDP came in handy - WDW will still probably get at least as much money from us, but it certainly allowed us to go overboad otherwise. And the CMs at reservations were great in getting me through this

Looking forward to a magical time."

We are eating A LOT! But the logic is we've never been able to do something like this, there's no telling if we'll ever be able to take a trip like this again and we want to make the most of this trip! We do have the DDP, but as dad said, Disney is still going to be making a pretty penny off of us!

I have bee looking at the pictures on the restaurant board, and man I can't WAIT to eat at some of these places!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quick Real Time Update...

Then back to our regularly scheduled pre-trippie adventure of me working to catch up to the present...

As of 10-something last night, it looks like Narcoosee's is officially off the list!

When it comes down to it, we are going to Disney to see Disney, we are not going to Disney to eat .... it's just a side benefit.

This just means that I have one more excuse to go back, right?

I'll try to do my next installment tonight, but that depends on my kitten. Something seems to be wrong with her eye. It got better last night, but this morning it looks not so great again ... we may be packing it up to go see the parents and go to her vet (which is in the same town as the parents) which is an hour away and if we do that, we might as well stay and visit for the weekend. I'll try to take my laptop with me though but here's hoping my kitten is ok!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Red face

How cool...a family trip as adults. I planning a trip with my father, me and my dd for her 7th birthday in January!!!

You have some great meals planned. When we go in Nov. Dh and I are going to California Grill for our anniversary, we did it once before and doing it timed with Wishes. Hoping for a Window seat...got one last time.

Cannot wait to read more.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
prncssmel
Brunette Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
eeee! My first reader!

I'll go ahead and post about the homework

and Zoe is cute. She was a rescue kitten - someone abandoned her and her brother at a vet practice. That vet happened to be my best friend's uncle and I got to adopt her Thanksgiving weekend. She's a handful, but I love her!
It totally understand on the handful thing. We have a little dog, and sometimes i think trouble is her middle name.

Quote:
Go figure, as soon as I give up and post, I finally use the right combination of search terms and jedi mind tricks and find the tread...

Quote:
As posted by my dad to someone else who had just completed their ADRs:

"Congrats on getting your ADRs! Just finished the last of ours today . We will be staying at POFQ 9/7 - 9/14 for our 26th wedding anniversary, and these are our ADRs:
9/7: Coral Reef for lunch
9/7: Rose & Crown for dinner and IllumiNations

9/8: Hollywood Brown Derby & Fantasmic

9/9: LeCellier for lunch
9/9: Cape May Cafe for dinner

9/10: Cincerella's Royal Table for breakfast
9/10: Victoria's and Albert's for dinner

9/11: Chefs de France for lunch
9/11: LaNouba followed by dinner at Raglan Road

9/12: Tea at the Grand Floridian
9/12: California Grill for dinner and Wishes

9/13: Crystal Palace for breakfast
9/13: Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch
9/13: Narcoosee's for dinner

I have bee looking at the pictures on the restaurant board, and man I can't WAIT to eat at some of these places!
Your ADR's look fantastic. I swear sometimes I am literally drooling look at all the food pics on the DIS.

Quote:
This just means that I have one more excuse to go back, right?
That's right.

Quote:
I'll try to do my next installment tonight, but that depends on my kitten. Something seems to be wrong with her eye. It got better last night, but this morning it looks not so great again ... we may be packing it up to go see the parents and go to her vet (which is in the same town as the parents) which is an hour away and if we do that, we might as well stay and visit for the weekend. I'll try to take my laptop with me though but here's hoping my kitten is ok!
I am crossing my fingers for Zoe. Hope everything is okay.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #11
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
How cool...a family trip as adults. I planning a trip with my father, me and my dd for her 7th birthday in January!!!

You have some great meals planned. When we go in Nov. Dh and I are going to California Grill for our anniversary, we did it once before and doing it timed with Wishes. Hoping for a Window seat...got one last time.

Cannot wait to read more.
glad you stopped by! But there's none of these "adults" you speak of around here! As far as we're concerned we're just 3 big kids ... kinda like that Orlando commercial that's been running where the parents turn in to kids while at The World

It would have been really neat to go when I was younger, but I'm just as thrilled (if not MORE) now that I'm grown up. The Cali Grill pictures I've seen look delicious, so I'm really looking forward to that one!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

I have a confession to make...

First things first, I'd like to say hi to my mom and dad who now know about the thread and will probably be popping in here from time to time

Mel - I've yet to figure out the magic of the multi-quote. I am yet a padawan learner in the ways of the DIS.

Zoe seems to be much better, her eye has improved tremendously. Right now it seems like she just accidentally scratched herself and it'll be ok without a trip to the vet.

Dad has done a fabulous job on the ADRs ... I don't even know which I'm looking forward to the most, they're all so different! I've taken to spending too much time on the food porn thread ... doesn't look like there's a bad bite to be had in the entire World! It's a good thing that we'll have to walk so much, otherwise we'd all come back 15 pounds heavier at least!

Now, I suppose I should let you all in on my shame. You see, I, Abby, have Croc shame.

chorus: Hi Abby

(yes, the scene is set at a Croc Shame-a-holics Meeting. We meet the 5th Tuesday of every month)

By this point I had been up and down the boards and all the threads and picture evidence pointed to Disney = Crocs = Disney. Crocs look like boat sized clogs and what's with those holes? Then the 'rents discovered the DIS and began extoling the virtues of Crocs (and how did they know? They didn't have any yet either!)

On one of my trips to visit them, we decided to stop by a Hallmark store after dinner so that we (read: Mom and I ... the store didn't carry my dad's size) could figure out our sizes. They were still trying to talk me into them and even tried to sway me with images of mickey head cutouts and various color options.

This girl wasn't budging ... then I spotted a potential compromise.

Croc Flops!

I still thought that they were a tad odd, but not nearly as "offensive" as Croc Crocs. AND they came in blue. Those stinkin' Disney Crocs didn't come in blue unless you were a tiny child.

On the bright side, this officially marked the beginning of shopping for Disney!

*present day perspective: likin' the Croc Flops, they may be a winner...but were they a gateway shoe?*
Old 06-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Seeing Green..

Now, like any good member of the female species I came to the realization that vacation = clothes. This is especially true as we are from Michigan and will be traveling to Florida. Climate change much? I haven't bought "summer clothes" in years. The last pair of shorts I bought was from my freshman year of college ... over 4 years ago. Granted, they still fit, but that's not really the point. It just goes to show how few opportunities I take to wear shorts, other than when I'm outside running/mowing the lawn/etc. We won't, however, get into how much I hate shorts .... I'll save that for it's own special post!

Back to the task at hand. Shopping has taken on a whole new dimension. Now the qualifying question is not "Do I need this?" but "Do I need this for Disney?"

It started innocently enough. I didn't even know that I was shopping for Disney clothes, I just went to Kohl's to buy a pair of shoes. Honestly!

Of course, you have to walk through all of the clothes to even GET to the shoes and the wall o' t-shirts in the juniors section is at least 50% Disney.

*must show self restraint, must show self restraint, must show... oooh Cheshire cat!*

Who doesn't love a good dose of Cheshire? On super soft cotton with tie dyed blue?

Then, I found a solid tee for $5 that seemed a decent option for the ToT meet with the DISers ... yup, lime green(ish). I don't like green. I like blue. Oh the sacrifices required by my online message board and "imaginary" friends <insert dramatic back-of-hand-to-forhead & sigh combination here>

The pink shirt came from the kids department at Wal-Mart. Guess that's why they have the toothpaste and shampoo on one side of the store and force you through the merch to get to the groceries...

The 2 character shirts have brought me to another dilemma though... they both have great back designs. Cheshire boast the entirety of the literary genius that is "The Jabberwock" as demonstrated by Zoe, who has to be in almost every picture I take...

and the back of pink shirt is actually the large Mickey image shown in the first picture ... there's just "Mickey" printed vertically on the shirt front. What am I supposed to do for a bag?! Everyone here raves about the Baggalini or at least some form of backpack-y type number, but a backpack will cover up the awesomeness of the shirts! What's a Disney fashionista to do?

What's next? Will our heroine fall into a pattern of obsessive shopping? Will she solve her park bag crisis?

Tune in next time to find out!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
prncssmel
Brunette Cinderella

Love the Cheshire cat shirt! I did not know Kohl's had Disney shirts, too. I will have to plan a trip there now.

If you haven't solved the bag dilemma yet, here are 2 shoulder/across chest options from Baggallini. And they're cute!

http://baggallini.com/product1.asp?product='CTY289'

http://baggallini.com/product1.asp?product='UTC308'

I looked;they both come in blue.

Glad Zoe is okay!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prncssmel View Post
Love the Cheshire cat shirt! I did not know Kohl's had Disney shirts, too. I will have to plan a trip there now.

Glad Zoe is okay!

They had tons of cute ones ... I managed to only walk out with the Cheshire, but they had a wide range of Tink ones (including some that portrayed Tink as a bit overly sexualized, but they had some "normal" ones too) some Pirates, and ones with individual characters, like Thumper. There was a better selection of Disney in the juniors section than the kids section! (and yes, for shirts I sometimes shop in both )

and thanks for thinking of Zoe ... it was just the oddest thing, it looked so bad and went away on it's own. I think she accidentally scratched herself...

Thanks for the links - I'll look at them. I'm in a bit of a bind with the bag too, because I will be dragging some of my camera equipment with me ... but those are quite cute, especially the second one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: