Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #91
JulieAnn
I need a Disney Fix!!!

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

Feb 2007 - Our first trip to Disney at the Grand Floridian! ~ December 2007 - Disney Christmas at Wilderness Lodge ~ December 2008 - December at The Boardwalk ~ August 2009 - Free Dining at Wilderness Lodge ~ May 2010 - Spring at the Polynesian! ~ May 2011 - Wilderness Lodge again! ~ May 2012 -Beach Club ~ June 2013 -Last minute trip to Wilderness Lodge!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #92
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfiregrrl View Post
Hi, Sarah! I'm on a mission to check out all of the GLOW Party Peeps Pre-Trippies. I have really enjoyed reading all about your family, your previous trips and your plans for this trip!

I agree with what previous posters have said... Bless you for having 7 kids and not losing your mind!
What makes you think I HAVEN'T?!? I have been known to take 7 kids to WDW.

Quote:
DH and I have none as of yet. I've always thought I would enjoy a house full, but DH has made it VERY clear that 2 is the limit unless we have twins or something on the second I think I can live with that though
I can tell you without a doubt, that you will never regret having kids, and I have never heard ANYONE say they wish they had had fewer kids, but I HAVE heard people say they wish they had had more. It's a hard decision, but the payoff is great!
Blessings as you head down that path (eventually! LOL)

Quote:
I am keen to hear how it goes with the In Laws and your mom on the trip. We are in a similar situation (minus any kids). My parents and my MIL are coming with us. It was actually my suggestion to bring MIL along, but now I'm starting to think it may have been a BAD idea Oh well, its Disney so it will be fun NO matter what.

That really stinks about your BIL's work!! That they will have a change of heart!!

Can't wait to meet you guys!! Not too far out now!!
By the time we get to the Pop Glow party, the ILs will have left. I'll update you then.

1 month, 2 weeks = around 44 days!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #93
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!
I'm seeing you all over the place!

Welcome!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #94
Foxfiregrrl
DIS Veteran

How cool, I was multiple quoted!

We are planning to try to start our family soon. We actually had said last year that we would start trying around March of this year, but a few things changed. Our current plan is to probably start trying after Disney.... or at Disney wouldn't that be a Wonderful suvineer(sp?)!!

I can't wait to have my own crew of kids (no matter how small or large) to take to Disney!! I get so excited reading about everyone else's plans for their children's trips!

See ya later!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:35 AM   #95
1rockinmamato2
*** I have been a very good girl this year ***
I will give him a chance

I'm enjoying your report!

You had me at "Done Brung the Kin Folk."

197something-first trip with parents
1980s-4x with parents
1991-with parents and DH-to-be
October, 2007-first trip with my children
May, 2008- yeah, we couldn't wait to go back
Fall, 2009 - in the works!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #96
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rockinmamato2 View Post
I'm enjoying your report!

You had me at "Done Brung the Kin Folk."
Wait 'til ya meet them a little better after the trip...

Again, WELCOME!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #97
disneykate28
Mouseketeer

Great report! Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #98
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykate28 View Post
Great report! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! We have a Kate at our house too.

Welcome!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #99
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

I made it Sarah (and I thought I quoted a couple of great areas of your reports!!)

1. Have you heard of "Miracle Camp"? Its up there near Kalamazoo - dd is an alone type child - and heard about it and took off!!

2. BEER?? You didnt mention that about your dh in your resume for him on the Pop Meet thread!! at F&W there is a "free beer seminar" your dh and mine can hook up in EPCOT that one day!!

3. You got matching shirts?? and Princess Dresses??

YOU ARE WOMAN!!

oh, I remembered - my ds 21 (22 on Sat!) had a kidney stone - I sure hope its all ok - this last year he thought he had another one, but apparently he only had the pain of a kidney stone???

HIcksville - I REMEMBER... VFW reception - hey that's what we did - but we didnt honeymoon in a fancy WDW, nope we went to the Indiana State Fair!!

10 1/2 # babies - yep been there, done that - no drugs!! (I only have 3, but they were all over 10 1/2# - and I will add I was pregnant 7 times, but am blessed with 3!) THey have big heads these babies!! And all are such blessings!! You truly can do all things with His help!!

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to comment on, but I cant remember stuff well anymore!!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #100
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore45 View Post
I made it Sarah (and I thought I quoted a couple of great areas of your reports!!)
Welcome Sandy!

Quote:
1. Have you heard of "Miracle Camp"? Its up there near Kalamazoo - dd is an alone type child - and heard about it and took off!!
That sounds a bit familiar. What kind of camp is it

Quote:
2. BEER?? You didnt mention that about your dh in your resume for him on the Pop Meet thread!! at F&W there is a "free beer seminar" your dh and mine can hook up in EPCOT that one day!!
No, I should have!
I think F&W technically starts after we leave on the 27th?
There's a lot of stuff dh and I would do if it were just us, but we are having a good time enjoying the kids at WDW and doing what they want.

Quote:
3. You got matching shirts?? and Princess Dresses??

YOU ARE WOMAN!!
Thank you, thank you very much.

[Side note: I probably will have my Hick membership revoked for this, but I am not a fan of either Elvis, OR NASCAR. Shhhhh.]

Did I mention the shirts were only $5 a piece? The princess dresses were also inexpensive Christmas gifts. The secret to shopping DisneyShopping is to watch the sales, and combine them with a shipping deal. Clearance too.

Quote:
oh, I remembered - my ds 21 (22 on Sat!) had a kidney stone - I sure hope its all ok - this last year he thought he had another one, but apparently he only had the pain of a kidney stone???
My mom seems to be doing better.
I wish she was more enthused about the trip, but then again, my family is all about the under-reacting, DH's family is more into the drama.
It's a catch-22. Neither is attitude is perfect, but they have their pros and cons.

Quote:
HIcksville - I REMEMBER... VFW reception - hey that's what we did - but we didnt honeymoon in a fancy WDW, nope we went to the Indiana State Fair!!
You are so lucky. I've never been to the Indiana State Fair.

We really felt like we were living high on the hog with our $600 honeymoon. We had wedding money burning a hole in our pockets, and a tank full of gas. Whoo hoo.
I had never gotten a hotel room before, which made for all kinds of embarrasment.
[I'm not the best with the words thing in personal type situations in which I am inexperienced. Sigh]

On the way to Orlando, we stayed at a Howard Johnson for $39 dollars, and it was swanky and had a King size bed and everything! Those were the days.

Quote:
10 1/2 # babies - yep been there, done that - no drugs!! (I only have 3, but they were all over 10 1/2# - and I will add I was pregnant 7 times, but am blessed with 3!) THey have big heads these babies!! And all are such blessings!!
We are blessed to have carried all our babies to term.
2 were over 10lb. But I didn't have drugs with either, so that's something, right? Good thing I was with the midwife both times, as a dr. would have had my 2 c-section self into surgery so fast if they had known the girl's sizes.

Quote:
You truly can do all things with His help!!
HE is the only reason I can do anything! People say "How do you do it?" I don't.

Quote:
I'm sure there was something else I wanted to comment on, but I cant remember stuff well anymore!!
Hey, chime in any time. I like the attention.

Welcome again!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #101
eeyore45
Pixie dusts CMs for fun

Hope your mom continues to improve - DS doctors (after many tests, mri etc) decided it was a pulled muscle!! (again, he had a kidney stone so large that after the stent, he had to go into that shockwave pool to have the stone break! I would think he would know what a stone felt like!)

either way, I'm sure the pain takes a lot out of a person!!

I LOVE the sales at Disneyshopping - I still cant believe the Tinkerbelle lamps I got for $11 shipped!! but I dont see my family wearing the matching shirts - even if I got them for free!! DH loves to go into a redneck scenario - people here take themselves way too seriously!! (We're not into Nascar at all - but I do enjoy watching the last 10 min of the Indy 500 race!! )

I actually had a midwife for my first baby!! She was part of the ob/gyn practice - it was a blessing having her be with us!!

Miracle Camp is a Christian Camp near PawPaw MI - I dont know I got off at PawPaw drove south for a long way till I came to a sign turned left went a long way down that road till I eventually came upon the camp!! She's 10 and most camps wanted them to be 12 to keep them for a week - this one took the kids at 10 - turned out her week lots of kids from Mennonite churches were there!! We're Lutheran, but I spent a lot of time questioning the camp on procedures and doctrine and finally went on pure faith, and DD faith that this is where she needed to be that week - it truly is a blessing!!

I have to tell you our Redneck night at the Howard Johnson's (no lie, it was in Portage IN right off I94!! ) Well someone grabbed a bottle of champagne, which we now know isnt champagne, it was "Cold Duck" by Andre (maybe $1.99 a bottle mind you!) well we opened it, had a glass, decided that plastic cork would go back on the bottle, and kept it chilled in the bathroom sink...

Around 3 or 4 am (we were peacefully sleeping) BAM whooosh!! Yep the pressure in the bottle exploded the cork!! Boy did that bathroom smell!! 26 years( next week actually!) later, we still laugh at not knowing it wasnt wine - but Co2!!

37 DAYS for me - you'll be in the world sooner than that!!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #102
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore45 View Post
Hope your mom continues to improve - DS doctors (after many tests, mri etc) decided it was a pulled muscle!! (again, he had a kidney stone so large that after the stent, he had to go into that shockwave pool to have the stone break! I would think he would know what a stone felt like!)

either way, I'm sure the pain takes a lot out of a person!!
The only time I have ever seen my dad look gray was when he had a kidney stone. He's a pretty healthy guy, thankfully!

Quote:
I LOVE the sales at Disneyshopping - I still cant believe the Tinkerbelle lamps I got for $11 shipped!! but I dont see my family wearing the matching shirts - even if I got them for free!! DH loves to go into a redneck scenario - people here take themselves way too seriously!! (We're not into Nascar at all - but I do enjoy watching the last 10 min of the Indy 500 race!! )
Did I mention that dh is refusing to wear a matching Mickey shirt? So SIL found him a plain shirt the same color. Dh doesn't play well with others.
LOL
That's what he wants people to think--he's actually a big marshmallow and much more likely to have a conversation with strangers than I am.

Quote:
I actually had a midwife for my first baby!! She was part of the ob/gyn practice - it was a blessing having her be with us!!

Miracle Camp is a Christian Camp near PawPaw MI - I dont know I got off at PawPaw drove south for a long way till I came to a sign turned left went a long way down that road till I eventually came upon the camp!! She's 10 and most camps wanted them to be 12 to keep them for a week - this one took the kids at 10 - turned out her week lots of kids from Mennonite churches were there!! We're Lutheran, but I spent a lot of time questioning the camp on procedures and doctrine and finally went on pure faith, and DD faith that this is where she needed to be that week - it truly is a blessing!!
I think I do know where that is. Near Lawton.
I grew up Lutheran and married a sort of Baptist, so I always think I have an interesting combo of doctrine. LOL

Quote:
I have to tell you our Redneck night at the Howard Johnson's (no lie, it was in Portage IN right off I94!! ) Well someone grabbed a bottle of champagne, which we now know isnt champagne, it was "Cold Duck" by Andre (maybe $1.99 a bottle mind you!) well we opened it, had a glass, decided that plastic cork would go back on the bottle, and kept it chilled in the bathroom sink... Around 3 or 4 am (we were peacefully sleeping) BAM whooosh!! Yep the pressure in the bottle exploded the cork!! Boy did that bathroom smell!! 26 years( next week actually!) later, we still laugh at not knowing it wasnt wine - but Co2!!
We brought a cooler of leftovers from the wedding--Thanksgiving Turkey and works -- because a friend suggested it, and my mom and her friends WAY over packed (apparently honeymoons cause you to eat like lumberjacks ) and then we couldn't stand the sight of it and didn't eat any of it.
Our actual trip hotel was a Holiday Inn.

Quote:
37 DAYS for me - you'll be in the world sooner than that!!
We leave a month from tomorrow, and it also happens to be dd3's b-day. A good day all around!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #103
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Hello all! Thought I'd pop in here on DAY 18 of my countdown to our WDW trip and give a few updates:

1) My mom seems to be all better.

2) My SIL fell down last week and re-injured her knee.
Three years ago she was hit by a car which jumped a curve and came up on a sidewalk into a crowd of people waiting for a school bus. She was hit while pushing several kids, including her own dd, out of the way. She was in the hospital for a couple of months, and still has lingering physical issues.
[This was all a couple of weeks before our son was hurt, so the ILs had a really tough summer that year.]
She is keeping the knee elevated and icing it, so we are holding out hope it will be close to 100% when we go. Looking into a GAC card for her as standing for long times is hard on her.

3) MIL is in the hospital for kidney problems and heart problems stemming from the kidney not working right. Dr. says he will do everything possible to make sure she can go on her trip.

It has been a ROUGH week around here. We are still believing we are going, but really stressed about all of this.

On a good note, we found live365 Mouseworld radio and are loving hearing all the park music.

All of our documents have also arrived!

I have many things packed [John gave me the look but I just said "yeah, I'm packing already. Wanna make something of it?" ]

Have a HUGE shopping list of last minute things to get, and need to start this weekend [YIKES].

AND, I bought a new camera with a 1gb card, so I hope to have plenty of pics to share.

Thanks all for sticking with me.
Less than 3 weeks and I'm there!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:03 AM   #104
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Wow, your family sounds like my family; always somebody to worry about. Glad to hear that your mom is better, though! I already have our matching t-shirts folded and ready to pack and we don't leave for 6 weeks, so I'm with you on packing early! Can't wait for your trip to begin!!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #105
eeyore45
Pixie dusts CMs for fun

Sarah I was wondering if you had an update for us, you have so much spare time after all!!!

Now about that shopping list...

I'm stressing over one child not wanting to get on a plane - so I have nothing packed and dont even know where to begin!!

I do hope all your worries will subside and you're magical vacation goes off without a hitch!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: