Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #61
hkite
Lifetime Disney Lover

As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I am so thankful to have little Inquisitor in our lives. He's such a special little guy and it's hard to believe we almost lost him. *sigh*

On a lighter note- vomit on hotel sheets, how great is that?! We've been there, but not at Disney, thankfully!

Want to find out all about Me, Me, and more Me? ;o)
Visit my website:
http://www.geocities.com/heaths32/HeatherHenry.html

e-mail corporate at:
--------------------------------------------------------------http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMSto...te.do?catg=221 AND call 1-800-WALMART
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #62
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Wow, I hope this trip is so magical for you guys. And I'm so glad to hear your son is doing well! Your readership will follow you and I'm sure we will hang onto any tidbit you throw us in the next two months!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #63
the4princesses
WE LOVE DISNEY WORLD

pop

enjoyed reading about your trip we will be at pop Sept.22-Oct.1 also.
we can't wait neither.Im a HSM of 4 also.
I look foward to reading more.
Thank's,
Kathy
Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #64
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4princesses View Post
enjoyed reading about your trip we will be at pop Sept.22-Oct.1 also.
we can't wait neither.Im a HSM of 4 also.
I look foward to reading more.
Thank's,
Kathy
Welcome Kathy! Seems to be a lot of homeschoolers here on the DIS. Also going in Sept., probably because we can be flexible with our schedules.

Maybe we'll run into you at Pop!

Edited to add: You have four girls? We had only one for 9 years while we had the three boys. I thought I would never have another girl. Now we've had 3 more! It's fun having three girl in a row--our house is a bit more princess-y than it was. LOL
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #65
mvazul
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to read about what your son and family have been through. However, I am glad he is doing well now. Sounds like he's quite a trooper!! I'm sure all of you are going to have a great time!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #66
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Sarah, you are an amazing lady !! I can only imagine trying to raise 7 ankle biters .... I barely made it thru 2 I am so Glad that I am going to get to meet you and the rest of the Hick's in Sept. at the GLOW Party

Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #67
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Hicks on Hold, Part 2

Hicks on hold, Part 2...holding...holding...holding....

So back in June I left y'all hanging while I left our poor Hicks on Hold, waiting for that ever elusive free dining.

We wandered around into the world of ADRs, discussed Beer, discussed a little Hickstory, and even embraced a Disney Haiku.

But it is time to get back to what we're really here for...Hicks taking trips.

So when we left Sarah Hick, she had made all of her ADRs, not yet having made hotel ressies, nor even knowing for sure if there would be free dining.

So what happened?

The gamble pays off!!!

Using the info I acquired on the DIS, I head to my mom’s for Easter weekend, with all my ducks in a row to get up early Monday morning and book the first three rooms of our Grand Gathering with my Disney Visa, should that sale break as rumored.
I figure I will book our connecting rooms and my BIL/SIL's room, because with all of our kids we have the most to spend and the most to lose if we don't get free dining.
I am hoping to get into Pop Century again.
I make a back up plan of the All Stars, just in case.

The night before I approach my mom once more.
“Ya know, if you think you might want to go, I need to know now, because although you can always cancel, it will be hard to get you a room later if you change your mind and want to come.”

And amazingly enough, she agrees!!!

So the next morning I am afraid to wake everyone early, so I wait in our room until I hear everyone up and about.
Which ends up being 8 AM!!!!
I sprint for my mom's phone (why, oh why can't I trust my cell phone enough for these special calls?)

I spend an hour on hold (thankfully on the 1-800#), listening to those wacky Disney toons, and end up booking our (and SIL's) rooms at Pop Century.

I am so relieved to have that done, but nervous that I won’t be able to get rooms for the grandparents on that Thursday, when the general sale breaks.

I am up early that Thursday, and ready to dial at the crack of seven.
Several of us hang out together here on the DIS.
We continuously search for the elusive code, afraid to try and book without it.

I triumphantly find it on Mousesavers, just as the phone banks open.
I dial, and I am in.

IN the holding pattern.

Waiting.

And waiting.

For TWO hours.

On the Grand Gathering line.
Because I have been told this is the number I need to use from now on.

Which is not toll free.

***sound of crickets breaks silence***

Actually, that was Jiminy Cricket, singing When You Wish Upon a Star.

For the second time.

Then suddenly, a REAL LIVE person answers!!!

After two hours, I start to think there will be no rooms left at Pop.

And, for a moment it looks like I am wrong.
I manage to get my mom a room with no hassle.

But, there are no rooms left at Pop Century for FIL/MIL.
Oh NO!

Just then, the computers at WDW crashed.

I can’t say for sure it was because all of us Dis’ers overloaded them, but down they went.
And when they came back up, low and behold a room appeared at Pop.

It was preferred, which none of the rest of us had, but I said “I’ll take it.”

So if during that crash you lost a preferred room, I apologize!

--I later was able to get that changed to standard when more rooms opened up.--

Well, I was the hero of the day. John’s family was lov-ing me.

It was as if I had created the concept of Free Dining myself.

I can only hope that good feeling continues through the actual trip.

So I have my ADRs in place,
the hotel in Chattanooga is booked for the way down and back,
I have ordered matching t-shirts from Disney shopping.com,
I have made a list of what park we will be in what day,
and what shirts we will be wearing.

If only I could pack already. Sigh.

They have no idea what they are getting into....

Up next: Hicks on Hold, part 3 -
Revenge of the ADRs: CMs know me by name, and did I mention we have food allergies

Last edited by DisneyMom5; 07-24-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #68
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Hi there! Found you through Brenda's food report - enjoying your pre-trippie! Looking forward to future installments!
I am from Montana, and believe me, we know Hick - I don't even need the translation! Only difference is that we call 'em rednecks round here. Jeff Foxworthy lives...

"Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and complex." - Marvin the Martian in Duck Dodgers And The Return Of The 24½ Century
Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #69
mvazul
DIS Veteran

2 HOURS?????

I thought the 45 minutes I had waited was bad. I can't imagine holding for 2 hours. I'm glad you were able to get all the rooms you wanted/needed. That had to be a huge relief.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #70
Sorsha

By the way - forgot to add - you are INCREDIBLY brave to take that many people on vacation... 7 kids, holy heck, sometimes I wanna mail a couple of mine away to their relatives and I only have 3!! And taking DH's relatives to boot?!? My inlaws are good, kind people, but that much time with them would make me want to cry. And throw myself (or them) off a bridge. You have my greatest respect!

"Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and complex." - Marvin the Martian in Duck Dodgers And The Return Of The 24½ Century
Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #71
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Hi there! Found you through Brenda's food report - enjoying your pre-trippie! Looking forward to future installments!
Welcome! Any friend of Brenda is a friend of mine. She's a riot.

Quote:
I am from Montana, and believe me, we know Hick - I don't even need the translation! Only difference is that we call 'em rednecks round here. Jeff Foxworthy lives...
Seen me my share of Rednecks also. There is a fine line between Hick, Hillbilly, and Redneck for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
2 HOURS?????

I thought the 45 minutes I had waited was bad. I can't imagine holding for 2 hours. I'm glad you were able to get all the rooms you wanted/needed. That had to be a huge relief.

Tell me about it. Yikes. I think I was dozing off when she finally picked up.
And there is no going back once you pass the 1 hour mark. The idea of having to start all over...shudder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
By the way - forgot to add - you are INCREDIBLY brave to take that many people on vacation... 7 kids, holy heck, sometimes I wanna mail a couple of mine away to their relatives and I only have 3!! And taking DH's relatives to boot?!? My inlaws are good, kind people, but that much time with them would make me want to cry. And throw myself (or them) off a bridge. You have my greatest respect!
LOL, Thanks!

Believe me, I have threatened to send them to Abu Dabi, postage paid. LOL
But all in all, taking seven of them to Disney is no different than doing anything with seven of them, so we don't mind.

The inlaws thing may have been our fatal flaw in the plan, but that remains to be seen. Dh keeps saying "Why are we doing this again?"

Thanks for reading!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #72
Sorsha

[QUOTE=DisneyMom5;19845471]Believe me, I have threatened to send them to Abu Dabi, postage paid. LOL But all in all, taking seven of them to Disney is no different than doing anything with seven of them, so we don't mind.QUOTE]

I always tell my kids that I am going to pack them in a box and mail them off to Uncle Josh (my younger brother - doing his MD residency in Vermont, who is at the moment childless, expecting his first baby in January). Uncle Josh, upon hearing about this plan, told them No Way! He said he would mark the box "Return to Sender" and toss it back in the mailbox. My oldest says that this would end up being FAR too long being in the box, and my middle DD says we better remember to pack snacks. LOL His wife says wait till about February when she is in the throes of new-baby-no-sleep-and-poopy-diapers and she may just trade me, straight across. I may take her up on that...

Old 07-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #73
Redbudlover
DIS Veteran

Where is page 6 and 7 and 8?

So I am here enjoying the heck out of this TR and I get to the bottom of page 5 and no page 6. No page 6? Is this all I get to read today? OMG. OK, OK, Subscribing. Love this report!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #74
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbudlover View Post
So I am here enjoying the heck out of this TR and I get to the bottom of page 5 and no page 6. No page 6? Is this all I get to read today? OMG. OK, OK, Subscribing. Love this report!

Wow, there's no pressure in that, is there? LOL

Welcome!!!

Hmmm....I'll have to come up with some stuff to fill in until Sept.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #75
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Here's a couple of updates:

1) Had an afternoon playdate with hkite (from here on the DIS) and her kids and exhausted ourselves talking about all things Disney. Good times, good times.

2) My BIL still does not have permission to take vacation the week we are going to WDW. Stay tuned to see what happens there.
We are really hoping they change their minds.
[If you are the praying type, send up a little prayer that he can go, as his kids really have their hearts set on it.]

3) My credit card was only charged for the lesser amount. Whew. I think I can safely tell John about the situation now.

4) As a precursor to packing, I am going to attempt to fit princess dresses into larger size ziplocs and see if they fit in our backpack.
It will fill my need to do something active for this trip, as well as answer the burning question we all have: What do we do with the stinkin princess dresses when we are through with the breakfast?

5) My mom thinks she is getting a kidney stone. More prayers appreciated on that one. We really don't want to be spending our trip in the ER with her, and we really want her to go.

There ya go. Brief updates are still good, right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: