Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
DisneyExplorer
Mouseketeer

cooling medication

my friend needs to store her medication (don't know what) in a fridge to keep it cold. do you know if plane/crew will keep it in a cool environment or will they allow a portable cooling device onboard?
DisneyExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
phillybeth

My left side is shorter than my right side
I agree with
My fingerprints are on file...

A small soft-sided cooler with ice packs would be her best bet. I doubt that any passenger would be allowed access to crew storage areas- and besides, there's not really a refrigerator per se on planes.
July 76- Offsite, July 78- Poly, July 80- Poly, August 83- Poly July 92- Offsite, January 95- WL February 96- Offsite, May 98-BWV, August 98- ASMu, March 01- CR, December 02- ASMu, November 03- CSR, January 05- POFQ , September 05- AKL, April 06- POP
phillybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
madenon
Mouseketeer

Securityregulations do allow a person to take medication in some kind of small portable cooler on board of an aircraft. A lot of airlines either don't have refrigerator on board or allow usage of them, even for medication. So the simplest thing to do is to bring something yourself, like a coolingbag. As this being for medical reasons, most airlines treat it as free luggage, it wont count toward the max. weight of luggage and carry on. To make sure what the specific possibilities and rules are of the airline you are flying with, she would best contact the airline. Most of them have a special department for flying with a disability or disease, which can be of assistance. They can explain their policy and if needed arrange the things they need to arrange for your trip to be as relaxed as possible.

Also a coolingbag of her own would be a great extra insurance, just in case she arrives at her hotel finding the requested fridge not working (and not being replaced/fixed within no time) etc.
madenon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: