The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
jessiangel
Mouseketeer

Vistana Resort Review

Just got back from Vistana last night. I have to admit, I was really nervous after finding out we were in the Courts section of the resort. After staying there, I can honestly say, we found very little to complain about in the Courts section. Our unit was extremely clean and huge! We were directly across from the General Store and Cascades pool and a short walk from the super pool. The walk-in closets in both bedrooms are amazing. Wish I had that at home. There was activities every day for little ones, teens and adults. Unfortunately, we enjoyed it so much, we only used 2 days out of our 6 day park passes, so we feel we wasted money there. MK was about a 5-10 minute driving from parking lot to parking lot. We loved that. DD loved the teen night. She met some people and they hung out the whole week. She says she cannot wait to go back. The pools are great. Very clean and warm. The super pool was a bit chilly, but the Cascades pool was nice and warm. Those were the only pools we went to, as those were our favorites. They had one of the pools closed down...Courts maybe? They were rehabbing it. I highly recommend the Tropical Breeze drink at the Cascades pool. It was so good, I ended up having 2. Drinks were not too expensive. About $5-6 for mixed drinks. I know they have $2 beer night a few times a week. The karaoke was hilarious. The Cascades pool, I feel is geared more towards adults after dark and the super pool geared more towards families after dark.

I definately recommend this resort. It has great security. DD stepped on a frog and killed it one night and screamed and 2 security cars were there in seconds to make sure everything was ok. I myself was a bit embarrassed by the whole scene, but the security guys just laughed. They also put the resort on some sort of lock down on Wednesday, since there were two guys running around who shot two cops down the street at one of the resorts (can't remember which one, but it was all over the news). We had to show ID's whenever we left or came back to prove who we were. It made us feel really safe. The employees were very nice and any time I called, they specifically used our name to greet us, which was impressive. We did have an issue with the air conditioner one night. It froze up and stopped working. The engineer was there within 10 minutes working on it and got it up and working within a few hours. The hospitality lady was really upset about the air going out and ended up paging a second engineer so they could get it working faster.

Oh, and we got towel animals! They day we came, on each bed they made swans out of the pool towels. It was great. I wanted towel animals every time we stayed at Disney and never got them. It was a welcome surprise. Loved the ducks too. We had a bottom unit and they would come up to the patio every morning looking for food. One morning I left bread on the patio and when we came back from the park in the afternoon, there were 4 ducks on the patio eating the bread after ripping open the package. Little theives!

Our only real complaint was the people who checked in above us on Thursday. Their son (about 6-7), would run through the unit until about 2 a.m. and it sounded like the ceiling was caving in. Then he would get bored and start jumping off the bed with a loud bang. We didn't complain, as we were leaving early morning Saturday, but I did feel sorry for the next guests in our unit if they had to hear that all week. So all in all, we had a great time and are thinking of buying resale in Vistana. Only our next stay, I think we will do without the parks and just enjoy the resort. So I want to thank everyone for their advice prior to our stay, and as soon as I can scan our pics in, I will post them.
jessiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to find a place to stay for our first trip to WDW with our triplets. How much was it a night? Was it a 2 bedroom with full kitchen? How was it staying off WDW property/driving to the parks and such? sorry for all the quesitons..thanks!

Karen
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
jessiangel
Mouseketeer

Hi Blessed_wth_Triplets. We actually did not pay for the resort, but exchanged it through RCI. It took about 5-10 min. to get to the parks. We would take a right out of the resort and at the first light and just drive down a bit and you were at the parks. It was very convenient, and when we went, traffic wasn't bad at all. We never hit traffic jams down 535 or 536. It was a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen. The kitchen was stocked except for a pizza pan. They even gave us enough packets of coffee to last through most of the week. Also very convenient to the SuperWalmart and Walgreens. There's also an outlet mall right down the street. HTH.
jessiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessie,
Thanks for reporting back. Do u happen to have any pics of the Courts villa ? Lots of people would be interested as so many have reservations about the olders sections.

Quote:
I definately recommend this resort. It has great security. DD stepped on a frog and killed it one night and screamed and 2 security cars were there in seconds to make sure everything was ok.
There was a somewhat recent thread about Vistana where this one poster said she felt it wasn't safe at all and found fault with security. I always knew and felt security was top-notch there. I wonder how she would respond to this. I just didn't feel she was being fair or realistic. I honestly don't think we'd be going back year after year for the last 12 years if it was unsafe. Of course every resort has it's faults. Vistana's is some of their units are not as spiffy as others, and of course the annoying sales people. But I give credit where credit is due....the security has always been good.
Thanks again for the report. Glad u had a nice trip and you can always use those unused days on your MYW pass for the next trip (unless you got the expiry ones !)

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
pewing
2Prince/1PrincessMom

Towel Animals!! Alright!
WL '04
DCL~Wonder '05
Sheraton Vistana Resort/WL~'07
CBR '11

Have a Magical day!

Penny
DS 16 DS 15 DD 7

pewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
dopeyfanatic
DIS Veteran

I'd love to see picture of your room too if you have them, just in case we get an older unit next year. Frankly, I don't care what we get as it will be a HUGE room for my family of 5! And it has a full kitchen. Who cares what the decor looks like? I do admit I love the new stuff they're doing, but I'm not going to NOT go because my room is still stuck in the 90's! LOL! I'm happy to hear your report!
dopeyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:45 AM   #7
nicki dahling
CyndiAKADisneyqueen
I can't wait to have my own scraproom

I am considering booking this resort. Would love to see some pictures in advance.

Hey, my family doesn't call me the Disney Queen for Nothin !

WDW July 1998, WDW December 2001, WDW August 2002, WDW December 2004, WDW May 2005, WDW August 2011!
nicki dahling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

I have pics here :
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4287948459

Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
disneymom3
I think I could adjust!!
Owns a S'mores maker .... yum
I have declared a moratorium on the food/kid appliances

It's always so good to read about Vistana. makes me want to go back. On our "several year" plan we intend to buy at Vistana. We were going to do DVC but decided on Vistana. Way better price and our time won't ever expire.

We have found the same with security and the friendliness of the staff. We stayed at Liki Tiki this last trip (should have spent the extra $600 and stayed at Vistana for rack rate!!) and the difference in staff was astounding to us. The security gaurds acted like you were annoying them when they had to wave you through. So different from the Vistana staff who act like they are happy to see you and always give a friendly wave.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
luvdisney14
Mother of 3 Great Boys

Maria,

Thanks for the great pictures. We will be returing to vistana in august thru rci exchange. Last time we rented thru a promotion and stayed in cascades. I will be hoping for the same again. We will probably arrive at the property very early in the am and I am hoping to put a request in. We are first staying at the hard rock. We just want to check in early to request cascades, we can wait all day to get our room in we have.

Sue
Sheraton Vistana & Hard Rock-2007 HGVC-International Drive & Dolphin - August 2008:
Moon Palace, Cancun - August 2009Bahamas Cruise-October 2009: Bermuda Cruise-April 2010
Hard Rock & Vistana-Aug 2010:::Hard Rock Punta Cana - July 2011MGM - Las Vegas-Sept 2011 Orange Lakes - Oct 2011:Atlantis-August 2012
luvdisney14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #11
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Hi Sue,
Wishing u a nice stay this August and hope u get the Cascades. We're checking out of Vistana on Aug 4.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #12
disneymom3
I think I could adjust!!
Owns a S'mores maker .... yum
I have declared a moratorium on the food/kid appliances

And keep in mind that you are welcome to use the pools etc while you are waiting for your room. We had a nice picnic/pool day when we switched resorts. Have fun and good luck on your choice. Maria--you have a great trip too!!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Thanks Julie ! I can't wait

Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
momof2intx
DIS Veteran

We are staying there next month -- which building do you think would be best for us to stay in (closest to pools, food etc...) -- we have a child in a wheelchair. I would just call them to request it if possible. Thanks, love the pics!

1989-1990 AP Holder, 5/1994- offsite, 10/2002 - Disneyland, 5/2003- Buena Vista Palace, 5/2005-Hyatt Grand Cypress, 5/2006- Universal Studios,7/2007- POP , 2/2009 - CBR , 7/2009 POR, 6/2011, AKL, 6/2013 - CBR!!!

momof2intx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are staying there next month -- which building do you think would be best for us to stay in (closest to pools, food etc...) -- we have a child in a wheelchair. I would just call them to request it if possible.
Does Vistana know your child will be in a wheelchair ? Make sure you let them know, because if not, most sections/buildings do not have elevators. The Lakes is a great section because most of the buildings, if not all, are pretty close to the pool. This is a section with elevators.

The newest Cascades section, also has elevators, but it's a much larger section and more spread out. Only some buildings are close to the pool. Both the Lakes and Cascades pool have food nearby.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: