Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #121
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Lovely ending to the day, I love the pixie dust the CM gave DS that's so cute and doubley good if it made him brave too! I can't believe how lucky you were with the short waiting times on the rides.

Have a great weekend
It was really nice. He says he is taking the pixie dust back when we go next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
just subscribing--will catch a moment to catch up soon!
Hi, TE, glad to see you! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebIreland View Post
Hey CE, just getting started - I see you're already on your actual TR but I want to read through the pre-TR first - great stuff so far!
Thanks for coming on over, Deb. The pre-trip is kind of off topic, but then, look at Jo's... What HAVEN'T we talked about over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebIreland View Post
Fine. Be like that.

Yes, we'll be here in a year or two. Unless my dream comes true of hauling our whole island off to just a bit right of Florida.

Can't wait to read more....
I know. One of my best friends here in NH is from Dundalk, and she keeps encouraging me to go. I can't tell you how long I've wanted to go to Ireland. We will, I promise. If you moved the whole thing off Florida, though, it would be easier!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #122
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
It was time to head to Crystal Palace for our date with the Pooh bear... We made it to CP by about 11:20 for our 11:30 ADR. Their microphones were down, so it was a bit of chaos during the seating process, but we were at a table by 11:40. Overall, big for Crystal Palace. The food was way good for a theme park buffet, the characters were on, the atmosphere was fun.
This is one of my favourite places for lunch in the MK. The kids love it and the food it really good. The characters have always been spot on! (Psst...I'm brushing up on my British accent!)
Quote:
We didn't much pay attention, but as we started down the sidewalk out of the hub towards the Noodle Station, we were pulled over by a very cheery lady in Main Street-type dress. She asked if we wanted to be in the parade.

Abso-ma-lutely!
Cool! When we were walking out of Crystal Palace, DH and our kids were ahead of me as I stayed to pay. He was approached by a CM who asked if our family wanted to be in the parade. He told her no! Can you believe that? He said that the CM looked a bit frustrated because there were a lot of people turning her down. I asked why he turned her down and he said that he would rather ride the rides than be stuck in a parade. Oh well...

Anywho, I'm now officially subscribed to your TR and anxiously await your next installment. Also, tell your hubby that I find his occupation very appealing! Yes, I have a "thing" for pilots. The 174th Fighter Wing flies over our home almost every day with their daily runs and I run outside all giddy. It's too funny! Oh don't worry, I'm harmless. Just ask all my DIS peeps!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #123
btrim
Mouseketeer

What a Day!

CMP,

What a day! It sounds as if the whole park was there for you, D, Woody and Buzz. It is so nice when you can walk on to the rides that way and really get to ride them several times. We love to go at that time of the year because it is usually a low attendance time. Most schools aren't out yet and the weather has always been great for us in May. Can't wait for the next installment! Have a great weekend and I'll see you again on Monday.

Can't wait for September!

[
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #124
steelfish535
Earning My Ears

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Your boys are adorable!
I'm patiently waiting for your next chapter...

Disney Trips:
7/81 Poly, 7/86 Poly, 10/90 Caribbean Beach, 4/96 ASMusic, 10/06 OKQ, 9/07 POP, 5/08 BCV, 9/08 POP, 6/09 AKL, 9/09 POP, 5/11 AKL & the Dream, 2/12 CSR, 9/12 Magic to Canada & 4/13 POP, 10/13 Kidani, 2/14 OKW
Old 06-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #125
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
This is one of my favourite places for lunch in the MK. The kids love it and the food it really good. The characters have always been spot on! (Psst...I'm brushing up on my British accent!)

Nice job on the accent! Welcome, DM!

Quote:
Cool! When we were walking out of Crystal Palace, DH and our kids were ahead of me as I stayed to pay. He was approached by a CM who asked if our family wanted to be in the parade. He told her no! Can you believe that? He said that the CM looked a bit frustrated because there were a lot of people turning her down. I asked why he turned her down and he said that he would rather ride the rides than be stuck in a parade. Oh well...

I thought the same thing for about a half second, then decided that it would be very cool to be in the parade.

Quote:
Anywho, I'm now officially subscribed to your TR and anxiously await your next installment. Also, tell your hubby that I find his occupation very appealing! Yes, I have a "thing" for pilots. The 174th Fighter Wing flies over our home almost every day with their daily runs and I run outside all giddy. It's too funny! Oh don't worry, I'm harmless. Just ask all my DIS peeps!
I'll let him know! He was never military, so he doesn't have the Top Gun bod, but I think he's pretty cute. I'll try not to get worried about you! Again, thanks for reading!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #126
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrim View Post
CMP,

What a day! It sounds as if the whole park was there for you, D, Woody and Buzz. It is so nice when you can walk on to the rides that way and really get to ride them several times. We love to go at that time of the year because it is usually a low attendance time. Most schools aren't out yet and the weather has always been great for us in May. Can't wait for the next installment! Have a great weekend and I'll see you again on Monday.

Can't wait for September!
It really couldn't have been better. I may be able to sneak on the boards a time or two over the weekend, late night, but won't probably write a new segment until Monday. The company should be fine, but a little more demanding than, say, my mom...

BTW, saw Dr. Belle's pic's last night of your DGS. He's too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfish535 View Post
Sounds like you had an awesome time! Your boys are adorable!
I'm patiently waiting for your next chapter...
Thanks for reading! I promise a new installment on Monday. Next stop, Epcot!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #127
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Subbing!!

OMG your kids and doggie are sooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #128
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Hello CMP! (I have 2 friends with those initials and both them and their husbands both have the same names).

I can totally understand the only child/being alone thing. I am an only myself, and about 4 months after DBF and I bought our house, his stepdad and brother (10) moved into the in law apartment with us. DBF gets frustrated with me sometimes because I can't always get the sharing thing down (hey I work hard and I want privacy, and I don't want to even listen to WWE shows when there is a perfectly good living room that we refinished in the inlaw apartment where it can be watched). DBF goes on business trips every so often and I really enjoy that time by myself.

The whole family went to WDW this year. Now when I bring up my timeshare in the Berkshires, he discusses bringing lil' bro and pops with us. Ugh! With them living with us, I definitely need the vacation without them. But our kitties can come!

Keep up the TR. You're doing a great job!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #129
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Whew! I made it over!! Sorry I'm late, CE!

Great trip report! You seem to have the pixie dust following you around! ixiedust: Your nightcap with your DH sounds delightful and what a way to end the day!
Looking forward to the next installment!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #130
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

We were the lucky recipients of a special Year of a Million Dreams Pin lanyard with two special pins.
Are they Tinkerbell ones? BA got one and really treasures it.

Quote:
Really, how many times do you get to be in a parade in Disney World??? The sad part is that, since we were all marching, we have no pictures.
I love to be in parades! We've got to be Grand Marshalls the past 2 trips! The kids say that they expect to wave and smile at the crowds now on EVERY trip! We had a photographer follow us and got pictures that way--and I took pictures of people taking pictures of us!

Ah......happy memories! I think I'll play one of my snowglobes now!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 06-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #131
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
Subbing!!

OMG your kids and doggie are sooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!
Why, thanks! Thanks for coming over - I have a quick few minutes while dinner is baking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
Hello CMP! (I have 2 friends with those initials and both them and their husbands both have the same names).

I can totally understand the only child/being alone thing. I am an only myself, and about 4 months after DBF and I bought our house, his stepdad and brother (10) moved into the in law apartment with us. DBF gets frustrated with me sometimes because I can't always get the sharing thing down (hey I work hard and I want privacy, and I don't want to even listen to WWE shows when there is a perfectly good living room that we refinished in the inlaw apartment where it can be watched). DBF goes on business trips every so often and I really enjoy that time by myself.

The whole family went to WDW this year. Now when I bring up my timeshare in the Berkshires, he discusses bringing lil' bro and pops with us. Ugh! With them living with us, I definitely need the vacation without them. But our kitties can come!

Keep up the TR. You're doing a great job!
Thanks, and thanks for reading. My initials are kind of funny - CMP are my first, MAIDEN, and last initials, but I tend to think of my initials that way, even though I kept my middle name as my "middle" name post marriage. I think it was the years of office work before marriage where I had to "sign" everything - messages, computer changes, etc. with "CM". My mother DOES call me C.E., though, so that's what I'm calling myself on the boards. I hope you enjoy the rest of the report, and good luck with the in-laws. I couldn't take it if they lived with me, and I like mine well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Whew! I made it over!! Sorry I'm late, CE!

Great trip report! You seem to have the pixie dust following you around! ixiedust: Your nightcap with your DH sounds delightful and what a way to end the day!
Looking forward to the next installment!
Thanks, Tracy! I really am reading yours, I promise. You guys just keep getting ahead of me. The cool kids are all coming to my report - now I'm nervous!

Quote:
Are they Tinkerbell ones? BA got one and really treasures it.
No, they are "group" pins, one with Mickey/Minnie and one with Donald and Pluto, I think. They're pretty cool, but as I said, we didn't plan on pin trading and it didn't go far. We'll keep them and see what happens on our next trip!

Quote:
I love to be in parades! We've got to be Grand Marshalls the past 2 trips! The kids say that they expect to wave and smile at the crowds now on EVERY trip! We had a photographer follow us and got pictures that way--and I took pictures of people taking pictures of us!

Ah......happy memories! I think I'll play one of my snowglobes now!
It was a lot of fun, though I felt like I met too many people's eyes and felt weird. Plus, all the pictures being taken of us just seemed odd! I wanted to say, "We're not special, just lucky!" but still. The boys are still talking about it!

Thanks again for stopping by, everyone! We drove over to a picturesque town today for some lunch and that kind of "gift shop" shopping that you don't usually do in your own area. My company is seeming to have fun. I'll check back in later, and do promise the update on Monday!

C.E.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #132
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The cool kids are all coming to my report - now I'm nervous!
Of course, now that I am here you have to be on your best behaviour to keep this TR nice and clean and keep on topic! Remember, I am the COOLEST kid!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #133
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course, now that I am here you have to be on your best behaviour to keep this TR nice and clean and keep on topic! Remember, I am the COOLEST kid!
Well, anyone with David Cassidy...

I have to keep it clean? Uh oh!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #134
csuzannet
Mouseketeer

Dr. Belle FINALLY checking in

Hey girl, fantastic trip so far AND fantastic trip report, too.

For those of you keeping score at home, C.E. asked btrim (my mama) if I made it home safely. The answer is "yes, but the jet lag on a return trip from Korea is horrible." I actually went in to work at 7 a.m. one day this week, and I usually only see 7 a.m. if I haven't been to bed yet.

All of this is a long way of explaining why it took me so long to catch up on C.E.'s trippie even though I was dying to hear the details.

I'm so happy that you found so much magic for the boys' first trip! I can't wait to hear how the pixie dust comes into play later.

Hopefully memories of the magic are helping you cope with your visitors.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #135
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuzannet View Post
Hey girl, fantastic trip so far AND fantastic trip report, too.
Thanks!

Quote:
For those of you keeping score at home, C.E. asked btrim (my mama) if I made it home safely. The answer is "yes, but the jet lag on a return trip from Korea is horrible." I actually went in to work at 7 a.m. one day this week, and I usually only see 7 a.m. if I haven't been to bed yet.
Having been roommates for a long time, unless she's changed drastically, seeing 7 a.m. is a BIG deal for Dr. Belle!

Quote:
I'm so happy that you found so much magic for the boys' first trip! I can't wait to hear how the pixie dust comes into play later.

Hopefully memories of the magic are helping you cope with your visitors.
The pixie dust helps, believe me. It's even still working now! The company has left, and it was a nice visit, which was great news. I have uploaded my photos, and gathered my Passporter so it's time for...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: