Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

We're off to Disney again!!!..This time we're bringing the scaredy cats! pics. Done!

Ok, so some of you may know we were in Disney World not too long ago. In fact, it was December 2006. Not even 5 months later, we were going back!!! Actually, we had already been back in January but it wasn't even a full day and I didn't think I wanted to write a trip report....but this time, I really wanted to. We only went for 1 full day to MK, but this time we brought along my mother and my brother and it became much more interesting so here goes.....

Cast:
Me: The planner and the disney lover
Dh: The one who usually pays for the trip but doesn't plan a second of it.
DD3: loves everything at disney, usually well behaved
Mom: Never been to Disney World, doesn't know much about it at all.
Bro: Never been to Disney World, doesn't know anything about it.

When: Sunday, May 6, 2007
Plan: Drive to WDW. 1 day at MK. Be there at opening. Hit fantasyland first. Stay until Wishes. Drive back home.
We only live 2 and a half hours away from WDW so when my mom told us she was coming down to FL for a visit (She lives in PA), Dh and I looked at each other like what are we gonna do? Where are we going to bring her so she could have a good time? Of course, It didn't take long for me to bring up WDW since its my favorite place in the whole world. Dh agreed and I quickly put the trip together in a matter of an hour. She would be arriving on May 4th and we would go on May 6th- A Sunday. I've never been to MK on Sunday before because I've actually always avoided MK on Sundays. I always thought with EMH and it being a weekend, crowds wouldn't be tolerable but it was either this day or none, so I took it.

Before I go any further, I should probably mention that my Mom and brother are scaredy cats.
My mom is afraid of any ride that goes fast, goes high, goes down a hill, a ride where anything pops out at you, goes upside down, makes you dizzy, is a roller coaster, has water ,etc therefore, we can eliminate most of the rides in MK. Since she's never been to WDW before and doesn't know much about the attractions, Dh and I knew we could pretty much sneak her on to anything without her knowing what the ride will do.....I know, we're bad. Of course, If I didn't do this, she would miss out on so much that I really wanted her to see. The only thing I would do is let her know when a drop is approaching at the last minute so she wouldn't beat us later.
Now, on to scaredy cat #2: My brother says he's tough, but he's not at all. Dh will ask him if he'll want to ride something crazy such as space mt and bro will say yeah, no problem....but when he gets there, its a whole other story. He'll usually chicken out or give some kind of excuse like, "I don't want to wait on that long line".
Anyway, here is a pic of all of us so you can put a picture with the words:
Mom, Dh, DD and Me

and this one is mom, Bro, DD and me

I'll get more up soon! Have a magical day and thanks for reading.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner

Last edited by mickeysgirl17; 08-27-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

We all got up around 5:30am because I wanted to be out of the house by 6am at the latest so that we could be in MK at opening by 9am. Everyone got ready, ate a light breakfast and we were in the car at 6:05. Good enough!
As we were driving, the sky darkened and I was afraid it was going to be a stormy day. Despite the crowds probably being smaller, I didn't want it to rain as this was our only day in WDW and my mom and brother's first time. I was trying to make it as perfect as possible.
We got to WDW by 8:30ish and it was perfect timing because by the time we parked and got off the monorail at MK, it would be about opening time. I'd never seen the opening ceremony before, so I was hoping to catch some of it too. Here are my favorite signs in the world. The signs telling us we've arrived in WDW!!!! We were so happy to finally be here!

After parking in the Minnie section, we headed for the monorail station. The monorail came within 2 minutes and we were almost there.

I was so happy to see the opening show! I couldn't get any good pictures though. We were all the way in the back at the turnstyles when it started. After seeing some characters, a family was chosen to open MK. When they finally opened, a huge crowd of people made their way in!
Here is what it looked like:

Thank goodness it wasn't this bad all day. I guess it was just the opening crowd!
Coming up: Fantasyland and trying to get my bro on Dumbo.
Thanks for reading. Have a great day.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #3
averill94
DIS Veteran

Wow that sure is a crowd on Main St.! Good thing it thinned out as the day went on
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Yes, it did look bad...I'm so grateful it was just the opening crowd.
Me DD DS

Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Ok, so I think I left off at us just getting in MK and we were headed into fantasyland.
After tons of research, I was smart enough to know that we had to ride Dumbo first thing so we got into line which had a wait of about 5 minutes. This is where my bro started giving us a hard time and it was only the 1st ride of the day! :sad2
We started to talk about who would ride with who and since there were 5 of us, we figured that me, my mom and me would fit into 1 Dumbo and that my Dh and DD would go into another one leaving my Bro to go on a Dumbo by himself. Everyone was fine with this except bro who said that there was no way he was going to ride a Dumbo all by himself because that would be embarrasing. I asked him why it was embarrasing and he told me that a grown man should not be seen on Dumbo by himself. Dh was willing to go on alone, but Bro would not leave us alone the whole time we were waiting. Eventually, when we got up to the CM, the girls told him we were a group of 2, my Dh said he was 2 and Bro had no choice but to get on a Dumbo alone. Bro kept telling us that he didn't want anyone back home to know about this, so that's when I snapped a pic of him on his Dumbo by himself to show everyone.

Here is Dh looking back and Bro refusing to turn around again after I snapped that 1st pic.

Once inside the Dumbo's, my mom became a bit worried about the height. I told her its not scary at all and that if DD can do it, she can. It turns out that it didn't matter because something was wrong with our Dumbo and he wouldn't go up. DD usually likes to make it go all the way up, but everyone's dumbo did except ours. Oh well, it was still fun.

Next, I wanted to go to Ariel's grotto. This is another thing that I knew had to be done right away because the lines would surely get very long. We hadn't met Ariel before and we really wanted to in December, but we couldn't because every time we tried there was a 40 min. wait or longer.
The wait was only 15 min. now so we got in line. It really didn't even feel like a 15 min. wait. It was more like 10. A huge plus was that it was a hot day and the sprinklers were on so even the adults got wet before hopping in line to cool off.
Here is a pic of DD with Ariel:

and one with just the girls:

Now, we were off to the carousel and thats when I started to notice that my mom was already falling in love with this place. She kept saying " We gotta go there next. I wanna try that" every time we passed an attraction. I'm so glad she likes it so far!
Here is DD having a great time:

Here is my mom:

and here is Dh on the left and Bro on the right:

Well, I'm going to leave it at this for now because DD just woke up from her nap. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day.
Me DD DS

Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
Busymom85
Mouseketeer

Great report so far. Look forward to more.

Nov. 1995 Fort Wilderness
Oct. 1997 Fort Wilderness
Dec. 2007 All Star Music
Sept. 2009 All Star Music

Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
eventsdj
Mouseketeer

Great report, can't wait to read more! Your dd sure is a cutie!
2008 Feb 5-11th - Pop... wonderful time!

October or November 2009.. saving my pennies, literally!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Great pics... love it so far
Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Great pics... love it so far
Old 08-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
byoung
You are keeping us alive

Yes I still love getting my fix here on the DIS daily

Nice report.

4/80 Offsite--11/87 FWC--11/90 CBR--5/99CBR--5/01 CR AS CBR--10/02 OKW DWL--12/03 OKW--6/04 Offsite--10/04 BCV POR--12/04 CSR--1/05 CBR--5/05 BWV POLY--6/05 Offsite--10/05 BWV Welcome Home--11/05 Offsite--12/05 CSR OKW--2,3/06 OKW--5/06 Pops VWL Offsite--10/06 POR BWV--12/06 BWV--2,3/07 Offsite--5/07 BWV POR CS--10/07 CB BWV--12/07 OKW--2/08 Offsite--5/08 ASM VWL--9/08 AKV--10/08 BWV--3/09 Offsite--5/09 OKW--10/09 BWV ASM--11/09 ASM--12/09 SS--5/10 VWL
Old 08-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Great start - looking forward to reading more.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Thankyou. I'll get more up soon.
Me DD DS

Old 08-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Ok. I'm back. By the way.........thanks for reading everyone!

So I think I left off at the carousel.
Well, right after getting off the carousel, my mom wanted to try Snow White's scary adventures. Now, I've already been on this ride about 4 times and for some reason, I really don't like it very much. It's ok, but it needs updating or something. My DD likes it and it doesn't scare her at all even though I read that this ride can be very scary for toddlers so I went along with it. There was no line at all and we boarded in a matter of seconds.
Here are some pics of the inside of the attraction:

Fortunately, my mom or bro wasn't scared at all and we moved on to Winnih the Pooh.
Unlike Snow white, I love The many adventures of winnih the pooh. I think its adorable, especially the nighttime scene. There was about a 5 min. wait so while we waited we took this pic:

and here is a pic from inside the ride:

After pooh, we headed over to It's a Small World. My mom was so excited about this ride.
She loves dolls and as soon as we lined up, she looked like a kid again! The wait was about 5 minutes.

While riding, my Bro joked about his weight possibly sinking the boat and that we might all have to swim for it, but thankfully, that didn't happen and it was okay.
I know a lot of people don't like It's a small world, but I've been on it about 4 times already and fortunately, the song or the ride doesn't bother me. I think its great. Of course, mom loved it and kept saying that she has to do another trip here with her boyfriend soon.
Now, it was time for Peter Pan's flight. Dh had gotten us all fastpasses earlier when we passed by, so it was time to return and although there was a 25 min. wait for standby, we walked right on. Fastpass is the greatest invention ever! I just want to kiss the person who thought of the idea! lol.
Peter Pan's flight is DD's favorite ride at MK and its one of my favorites. I worried about Mom since she might not like the heights though.
We got into the vehicle and took off. I sat with Mom and DD and Dh sat with Bro. I was so happy to hear that My mom wasn't scared at all and that she thought the ride was really cute. Whew!!!
After Peter Pan, we started to get hungry and wanted some lunch so we headed over to Cosmic Rays. We ate here once before and loved the food, so we figured we would try it again.
To save time, we all got burgers so that we wouldn't have to wait on different lines for different food. Like the last time, the food was excellent.
You can't go wrong with Cosmic Ray's! The quality is very good for what you pay. DD even got apple slices to take with her as a snack.
We bought 2 large drinks to share and spent around $30 total for the 5 of us. Not bad!
From here, I wanted to make sure my mom and Bro got to see Phillharmagic before we moved on and so we headed over there.
This is my favorite attraction in all of MK and I MUST see it every time we go to Disney. I just love it!
I could hear my mom and Bro laugh during the show and I could tell that they were enjoying it. It was great. My only complaint is that it was too short and For some reason, DD was scared of the dark part this time and at some of the scenes. In fact, she took her glasses off, but its very strange because she loved it the first 4 times we watched it. Phillharmagic is Disney at its best and its a must see!!!!
When Phillharmagic was over, the girls and guys decided to split so that the girls could ride the indy speedway and the guys could do space mountain. Since my mom or I wouldn't get on Space mountain even for a million dollars and DD was too short, this worked out well. We told the guys we would meet them outside of space mountain after we took DD on the indy speedway.
I know my Bro pretty well, and I was sure he would chicken out of space mountain even though he kept telling Dh that he wasn't scared. He has never gotten on any thrill ride before.

Did Bro get on Space Mountain?..........Coming up soon
!
Me DD DS

Last edited by mickeysgirl17; 08-13-2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added pics.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #14
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Seems like you all were having a great time. cannot wait to hear the rest.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Yes, we sure were enjoying ourselves. Thanks.
Me DD DS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: