Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #46
luvhockey
Mouseketeer

I missed yesterday's report. Was it Thursday? My day's are all mixed up.
Just keep typing. Just keep typing.
Angela
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #47
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

You sound so lucid, I'm impressed!

I sense a medication emergency forthcoming. Seriously, I feel for your pain. I have this horrible lower back pain thanks to a nice c-curved spine. Pain is such a pain.

Lexy- I bemember carbon paper and white out strips. Good times.

Smidge- Next time go the scenic route through Utah. Really, it's no bother! I'll "cook" some Big Macs for us. It's an open invitation!
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #48
shellynn24
DIS Veteran

I have been trying to read TR for two days now and I really like yours, very funny.

Lotsa offsite trips as a child~'00 Offsite- First trip alone as an adult~'02 DS's First Trip CR ~'03 ASMu~'05 DD's first trip POR ~'07 Baby DD's first trip BWV ~'10 We finally get to go back!'11 Kids Free Vacation
Old 05-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #49
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Smidgy, I am the carbon paper and white out queen! Spent countless hours correcting college papers for both me an my hubby (in the middle of the night mostly!).

Today's kids have it so easy, they didn't have to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways like we, ummh, slight more mature people did...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #50
Bee
Dreaming is what is making me get up each day!

Caught up!

Ok, you may now continue.. lol

Love ya!!!

1977 Disneyland offsite 1989 WDW Christmas offsite 2003 Disneyland Grand Calif. 2005 WDW 10-22 to 10-27 AsMO also MNSSHP 2005 2005 DCL Wonder 10-27 to 10-30 ] Hoping to return yearly.Now- hoping to go back SOMEDAY... Wishing you a Magical Day[/COLOR] Divorced mother of 2 beautiful DD One 17 one 15 Wilma, forgotten suitcases and cruising Oct 2005
[quit smoking- yay me]
Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #51
burly
DIS Veteran

i love a good car trip! I'm in...back seat reader...
Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #52
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

I am here, still lurking.

We did disneyland and California adventure over the last two days. I've been posting updates but am in no way as creative as you and Jaime, therefore nowhere near as funny. I don't know how you two do it. I can guess from having regular conversations with you two that it comes naturally for both of you.

Keep em comin dude.

I also agree that your audience is almost as funny as you are, they are what keeps me coming back in between your Monday and Thursday updates the tag teaming with smidgy is bonus!

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Old 05-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #53
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Woo hoo! I finally got in on the ground floor of a nebo report. Well, the fourth floor (page) but really, really close to the beginning anyway!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Your pal,
New Mexico Army or New Michigan Amy (I answer to pretty much anything!)
Old 05-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #54
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Yeah after reading all of the last report "after the fact" this seems like the ground floor to me too.

BTW Nebo, if you don't want to use word or notepad, just occasionally highlight what you have typed and select copy. It is soooo worth it not to lose a long post.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #55
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Hi, Nebo, this is the first of your TRs I've read and it's hilarious already! Glad to hear that you all decided to travel through our part of the country to get to Disney--we lived in Asheville for 11 years and now are back "home" about an hour north. When we went to WDW last year I drove the first leg and didn't relinquish the wheel to DH till the FL line (must have been adrenaline!) That was just a tad too far!!

OK, tomorrow's Thursday, so I'll be looking for the next chapter!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #56
FutureCinderella88
Mouseketeer

I'm a big fan of your past trip reports, I was thrilled to find this one the other day! keep em coming!
My Magical Disney Trips.....1990-1997: offsite, 1998: Polynesian, 2001: Beach Club, 2002: Boardwalk, 2003: Boardwalk, 2003: Coronado Springs, 2004: Boardwalk, 2005: Wilderness Lodge, 2006: Wilderness Lodge, 2007: Wilderness Lodge

Been there, done that, GOING BACK!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #57
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Warning, we are experimenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock View Post
Nebo,

I too am glad I can jump on board at the beginning (of this report anyway).

Let's hope we don't get to hear about too many mishaps on this one - although the way you write about them is hilarious.

Looking forward to more -

Thanks for helping me De-Lurk.

Mike
Hey Lock! Glad to see you! Oh boy, another guy! And looking at his posts, I was his first! wait, that probably didn't come out right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd0411 View Post
This is going to be fun! Thanks for inviting me along...!!!

Heather
Hi heather, wow! An Aussie? Glad to have you on board. We have always meant to take a trip and drive down there sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDisney View Post
uh oh, is he talking about that four letter F word? ya, know film?
Good stuff so far (thanks utahmomma for the kettle corn!)
Yep, you got it right, Shawn, that four letter word, film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance2874 View Post

From Dance:

Those things are so cool! My chiro. hooks me up to them when I go there and they are heaven. I cant imagine being lucky enough to have my very own! My back was out for a few days last week and I would have killed for one of my own.
I never even heard of the thing. Do they come extra strenth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
"3 useless Darvocets. "

I take 1 Darvocet and I'm out for 2 days and emailing strange notes to family members!
Winders, Shats wheere the rezisnance fackter comes in frumm takin them regly. Ijust tooke tww vikes and uu could nevver tellll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmun52 View Post
Great Start Nebo! I cant wait to hear about Universal. I was thinking about going there or to Sea world on my upcoming trip in Sept. But I am not sure if it is worth giving up one Disney day for.

Can't wait to read more as I have enjoyed your other reports so much
Hey , you're from Australia two, aren't you?
I've always wanted to visit there. The only country in the world with more poisonous snakes than non- poisonous snakes. No wonder Darwin came up with his "Survival of the Fittest."
glad you're with Missmun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
My dear Nebo, tsk, tsk, you forgot to mention in your introduction: Eye Candy!

Welcome back!
Oh, don't even start that again. Last time I went from Bruce Willis to Quasimodo.
Via William H. Macy.
And Mr. Magoo
Old 05-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #58
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

WOW! By George, I think he's got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemouse View Post
Holy cow, what a following you have! Can't wait to read more
Katiemouse, trust me, this is not my following. These folks just come here to read YOUR posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post

Hope the Ibuprofen's get you to your destination ok. My heart goes out to you and all those with back issues. It is so painful. Can't wait to hear more. Bi-weekly installments!!
Mikamah, yeah, we got to our destination, but it wasn't due to the Ibuprofens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanadeb View Post
Nebo, Nebo, Nebo. Haven't you conned your doctor into proscribing you a TENS unit yet for your back? (TENS = Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
(Pun warning!) It'll really give you a major buzz. O.K, so you had to have used one to get that one.
My TENS unit saved this last Disney World vacation for me. I can't take NSAIDS because I am allergic to them. Just give me half a Flexeril at night 3 nights in a row and I am in major space city. Let's not even consider Vicodin. I would prefer to be awake during my Disney trip!
All you have to do is slap on the sticky pad electrodes, connect the wires to the little box, turn it on,choose your level, and attach to your waisteband or other semi-stationary piece of clothing.
You may look like a walking home made bomb, but it fools your brain into stopping all those nasty back spasms.
Just be careful what you say when you go through security. Murmering something resembling Farsi under your breath just might get you some really special treatment.
And don't let your DW tell everyone that you are "da bomb!"
Hi, as I mentioned earlier, I never heard of it. Does it have an adapter you can plug into the cigarette lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
You sound so lucid, I'm impressed!

I sense a medication emergency forthcoming. Seriously, I feel for your pain. I have this horrible lower back pain thanks to a nice c-curved spine. Pain is such a pain.

Lexy- I bemember carbon paper and white out strips. Good times.

Smidge- Next time go the scenic route through Utah. Really, it's no bother! I'll "cook" some Big Macs for us. It's an open invitation!
Yes Ma, you are on the ball. It's coming. Maybe we will take the scenic rt. throughh Utah on our way to Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellynn24 View Post
I have been trying to read TR for two days now and I really like yours, very funny.
Hi Shellynn, you do realize that sarcasm runs in my family, right? So, I have to ask; What? Are the other ones in Hebrew? Do they read right to left? That's why you like this one? Thanks for joining us shelly.

(crap, there probably goes another reader)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
i love a good car trip! I'm in...back seat reader...
Hi Burly, glad you joined us. You don't mind riding on the luggage rack do you? You can still read paperbacks, but newspapers can be a bit dicey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
I am here, still lurking.

We did disneyland and California adventure over the last two days. I've been posting updates but am in no way as creative as you and Jaime, therefore nowhere near as funny. I don't know how you two do it. I can guess from having regular conversations with you two that it comes naturally for both of you.

Keep em comin dude.

I also agree that your audience is almost as funny as you are, they are what keeps me coming back in between your Monday and Thursday updates the tag teaming with smidgy is bonus!
Stop that. Stop that right now. You have been one of my favorite posters, and what you and Jaime did last year in that contest was incredible. Connie, we have never been to Disneyland, but I hear the Indy Jones ride just blows away Dinosaur. Like to hear your views on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
Yeah after reading all of the last report "after the fact" this seems like the ground floor to me too.

BTW Nebo, if you don't want to use word or notepad, just occasionally highlight what you have typed and select copy. It is soooo worth it not to lose a long post.
Duh. Yup. Yup.
You know double F, I use copy and paste all the time, and for some reason doing that never occured to me. I should be beaten.

I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee

(ok, for all you younguns, that's from an old cartoon starring Virgil the Buzzard, who kept going "yup, yup yup.

Thanks all of you, even those I missed, Marita, Kathy, Mmeb , Soonergirl, Thanks for the encouragement, see you tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #59
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Oh boy, another guy! And looking at his posts, I was his first! o
Oh the things I could say! But I'm biting my fingers and resisting the urge because I don't want you to think I'm only here to make fun of you. That's just part of the enjoyment!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #60
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

I'M JUST SO PROUD!

Our lil' nebo has finally learned how to multi-quote.

They grow up so fast.......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: