Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #16
Suzflee
Mouseketeer

thanks to Lexmelinda's link and Nebo's shameless plug I'm jumping on board from the beginning.

I've visited the library countless times and have yet to come up with better reading material than what I can find here. I promise not to be a nag and enjoy the installments when they come 'cuz I've learned that good things come to those who wait!

I would like to request an aisle seat though...My bladder isn't what it used to be.

Last edited by Suzflee; 05-27-2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Can we also eat at Cap's in St. Augustine? I love the trees growing out of the deck and the view of the sunset!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #17
SamanthaL
I got the cute kids AND a cute tag
I'll dance for you but I can't dance for me yet!
Hello there from the Universal board Tag Fairy!

Bruce is back! Yay!
1984 Poly, 1990 GF, 1991 GF, 1993 POR/BC, 1996 Poly/BC/CB, 1998 BC/FQ, 1999 YC, 2001 OKW, 2002 BCV, 2004 BWV, 2005 BWV, 2007 Contemporary/BWV, 2009 BWV/Contemp/2010 Poly,2011 RPR/ BWV 2012 Contemporary 6/13 AoA Suite/Cruise 11/2013 BWI CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #18
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

agggggggg - I'm a day late!!! Sorry, I was drinking margaritas with my girlfriends last night and just didn't make it on. I'm here now though and looking forward to another exciting nebo & smidgy adventure!!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #19
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I just spent a half hour trying to figure out how to "quote" (can you put the word "quote" in quotes? or do they cancel each other out? oops, I did it again; I think I'm beyond my quote quota). I ended up locking up the computer. I tried to erase my "bad, bad dobby mistakes, but the rubber end of my typewriter eraser only smudges up the screen, and the brush end scratches it. I tried to copy what I wrote but the carbon paper makes a big mess. (you kids have NO idea what carbon paper is, do you?) lexmelinda... HELP!!!!
I know what carbonpaper is....BUT I really liked when we were in school and the teachers used the mimiograph machince. Could get a real buzz from smelling those things

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #20
dance2874
DIS Veteran

I'm a day late to the party too...I overdid it yesterday (again) and have been laying on ice packs for my back. Have any pills to share with the class??

Anyways, Cant wait to read more.....
Old 05-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #21
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Yay, Nebo! Spill about Universal, I'm curious, too.

Oh, yeah, and don't leave out all the fun you have with your "medical conditions".

(bought from Utahmama, of course)

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Hi Nebo (and Smidgy)!

I truly enjoyed your "Feeding Nebo" report! I am coming out of lurkdom to say that I am looking forward to more of this report. We are heading to WDW June 13 and will spend the last 2 days at Universal and Hard Rock Hotel.

Welcome back!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
Goofyfan1
Every man has to believe in something....... I believe I'll have another beer!

They are back What a great start
Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #24
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

I finally made it!

Thanks tiggerbell

We drove the pacific coast highway today and had no signal til just now... I am literally onmy way to disneyland as I write this

Great start nebo, thank you for the heads up too! Jaime PM'd me the direct link last night because my only internet access is thru my phone.

What be the schedule for updates this time around? Do I have to wait til Thursday?

Enquiring minds are back!

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Old 05-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #25
harleygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Nebo and Doby!!

I know I'm a day late and as of right now am a dollar short,

so glad that you have your priorities right about the money thing...just use Disney math and it'll all work out in the end !!!

So I'm hoping if you didnt make it to The Reef in St Augustine that Caps was your second choice.. either one excellent choice!

Soooooo- whats next!!!

ME DH DS13 DS12
AS Sports April 2005
Pop Feb 2006
Pop Trip in Sept 08!!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
Bee
Dreaming is what is making me get up each day!

The story can now continue

Yes, tis Bee checking in, now that I am here the story can continue.

Love living vicariously through your stories, will be waiting with much anticipation for your next chapter.

Lave y'all, Bee

1977 Disneyland offsite 1989 WDW Christmas offsite 2003 Disneyland Grand Calif. 2005 WDW 10-22 to 10-27 AsMO also MNSSHP 2005 2005 DCL Wonder 10-27 to 10-30 ] Hoping to return yearly.Now- hoping to go back SOMEDAY... Wishing you a Magical Day[/COLOR] Divorced mother of 2 beautiful DD One 17 one 15 Wilma, forgotten suitcases and cruising Oct 2005
[quit smoking- yay me]
Old 05-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #27
Marion
Go Blue Jays!!
There's nothing I love better than seeing a man with a broom and yelling SWEEP! at him

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I know most of the Dissers are younger folks, with kids, but this is the kind of trip that could be you in 15 years.
This is us now so I'm in! And at the beginning for a change! Kinda....
Old 05-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #28
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Holy Smokes! Wow! I guess it pays to advertise. Guess I'll cancel the Good Year Blimp now.
Thank you all very much for posting, I think this is going to be a blast!

There will usually be an installment every monday and thursday night, with occasional sats and suns thrown in.
Reason? These are the nights she works.
I also really appreciate your comments, anyone writing these tr's does, it's kinda like having a bone thrown to you, and shows you folks are reading.
But even more importantly, often, it's you guys that are hilarious, and it can give me thoughts, for the next chapter.

I will always try to acknowledge as many of you as I can, but sometimes I just don't have enough time, please don't feel hurt if you post and I don't comment. I still haven't mastered the quoting thing myself, sometimes it works, sometimes I just type it.

Now, when I finished the first chapter, trippit? , I went back to tr boards to catch up on Jaimie's. I expected to see at the top of course, this one , since I just posted. And it was. Only the last poster was Lexmelinda. Huh? It said, " Tee Hee, I'm first" She knows how much I like Tee Hee. But, she had posted while my SCREEN was changing. I thought it might still be in the phone lines, actually. This is one strange woman, so consider this when you read her posts.

and;

Marion Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo
I know most of the Dissers are younger folks, with kids, but this is the kind of trip that could be you in 15 years.

This is us now so I'm in! And at the beginning for a change! Kinda....

So glad you could join us, pull up a chair, Marion.

harleygirl : Yay!!! Nebo and Doby!!

I know I'm a day late and as of right now am a dollar short,

so glad that you have your priorities right about the money thing...just use Disney math and it'll all work out in the end !!!

So I'm hoping if you didnt make it to The Reef in St Augustine that Caps was your second choice.. either one excellent choice!

Um, actually, no, and no. At the beginning of a trip, I am really cheap on money. We ate cold chicken in our room that night that we bought two days ago from Popeye's.

Kath1210; howdy, I will give you all the info that I can remember about Hard Rock Hotel. But I guarantee it is going to more crowded when you go then when we did.

jcc0621 Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
I just spent a half hour trying to figure out how to "quote" (can you put the word "quote" in quotes? or do they cancel each other out? oops, I did it again; I think I'm beyond my quote quota). I ended up locking up the computer. I tried to erase my "bad, bad dobby mistakes, but the rubber end of my typewriter eraser only smudges up the screen, and the brush end scratches it. I tried to copy what I wrote but the carbon paper makes a big mess. (you kids have NO idea what carbon paper is, do you?) lexmelinda... HELP!!!!

I know what carbonpaper is....BUT I really liked when we were in school and the teachers used the mimiograph machince. Could get a real buzz from smelling those things

Jcc,,,, welcome aboard . I still remember sitting in the first row and when the teacher would drop the mimiograph tests on my desk and say take one, pass them back, I would hold the stack up to my face and breathe in.
For each sheet.
Then I'd get a "D".

dvc at last ! Subscribing !

I have read many things that Nebo and Diane have written
and loved it !

Looking forward to more.

I am grudgingly going to say "welcome", but it's not easy. No, it's not you, it's your screen name.
Class, can you say the word, "COVET?"

Smidgy:
Nice post. I liked it. Is there anything in the fridge or should I make pot pies for dinner?

and Utahmama;
Do you realize that it took me 4 months to get Lexmelinda's "Easy peazy, lemon squeezy" out of my head?
Now, every time I see you it's going to be "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey"
Thanks a LOT!

Short break here.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #29
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
WooHoo! I'm jumping on the nebo train! Seeing you start a new trip report is a great ending to my really crappy day! So how many pills did you go thru this trip?
Geesh! Am I just fodder for your amusement?
( you don't want to know how many pills)

from Mcdisney;
Omigosh!!! It's may 26th!! Did I miss the train? Oh, duh, guess I don't do well with flashbacks (or flashforwards- anybody watch Lost?) Anyway as I run alongside the train as it pulls out I hope Dobby, I mean Smidgy, can get all our stuff in (not a very good packer myself).

Anywho, this should be fun!
Welcome back!

Shawn

I thought that was you running behind, but once this thing gets going, it doesn't even stop for red lights.

Thanks again for the encouragement, Tracy, Jaime, Bee, Angela, Marie, Connie, Marita, Soonergirl, Suzflee, and those I'm missing. I have to get to work here now.

it's Monday
Old 05-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
Lock
Earning My Ears

Nebo,

I too am glad I can jump on board at the beginning (of this report anyway).

Let's hope we don't get to hear about too many mishaps on this one - although the way you write about them is hilarious.

Looking forward to more -

Thanks for helping me De-Lurk.

Mike
Nov 2006 - Polynesian
Nov 2007 - GF - sneaking in a quick 10yr anniv trip
Looking forward to next trip - Dec 2008

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: