Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #1501
RHONDALEE
Sure, you can laugh. You weren't there

[
Quote:
QUOTE=nebo;21595015]You know, actually, sometimes this is my favorite time!
I can be a jerk, cuz usually nobody reads the "call out" chapters anyway.
I didn't know that they had a name!!!!! Now at least I know what it is I'm not reading

Rhonda
Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #1502
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
OMG! Is she talking about mixing orange juice with brandy?
SOMEBODY STOP HER! SHE'S GONE OVER THE EDGE!

Thanks for your concern See, I do read call-outs!

Colleen, glad you got the tour part straightened out, I do not have connections to that anyway.

Thanks to lovebuzzandwoody for answering the Rig question. Some are so big they need pull-through sites because the are too big to back up (or at least not without major stress). Personally, driving one of those things would be a nightmare to me.

Meet time has been moved back 1 hour to 1pm due to my scheduling conflict, but it's ON!

Register to remove

Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #1503
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post

Meet time has been moved back 1 hour to 1pm due to my scheduling conflict, but it's ON!

Nebo, I will be sure to ride the Mummy ride once, or twice, just for you~

Universal in Hollywood has a Mummy ride too but I like Orlando's waaay better.

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Old 11-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #1504
Maraena
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=nebo;21602065]See? Even in my non chapters, I still get picked on.

Ok, we're not doing the "call outs" this morning, we're doing "SHOUT OUTS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraena View Post
I'm new here but I have to post to tell you how much I loved your trip report. It was absolutely hilarious. Even my DBf, who is absolutely sick of hearing about Disney and is threatening to evoke a 2 week ban on all things Disney, was laughing at the stories as I read them. (Mind you, I did give him the Reader's Digest version. Men just don't have that sort of attention span.)I'M SORRY, DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? We were both laughing at the wittiness and antics. He and I are typically a deadly duo when both our wits are on, which seems to occur rather frequently. (Of course, we're also deadly after a mean pot of chili but it's typically not as enjoyable. )

We're going to be in WDW Dec 14-19th. If I happen to see either of you, I'm definitely going to be saying hello. (Don't worry, I'm not a random hugger.)

UH, DOES THAT MEAN YOU'RE A FREQUENT HUGGER?
QUOTE] ]
Actually, I'm not much of a hugger at all, at least with adults. It's a personal space thing. My space, your space, empty space. That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
WELCOME ABOARD MARAENA, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'LL FIT IN PERFECTLY HERE. BY THE WAY, OUR LAST DAY IS THE 14TH, WHERE ARE YOU STAYING?]
We're staying at the Pop. Actually won't be getting in until 10 AM on the 14th so we may just miss you, if you're one of those early riser types. (Really didn't have much choice since my DBf has a final on the 13th. Trust me, I would've been there sooner!) Thanks for the welcome too!

Heh, a baby bar and stitches at 2, huh? That was the year I fell in the Arkansas River. (Well, I was 2. I'd guess you were in your mid 20's.) I even got airlifted off a sandbar that I managed to swim over to. Needless to say, the people on shore were far more upset than I was. I was happily making sand castles. I did remember to scream, "Stranger danger!" at the top of my lungs when the guy finally dropped down to get me off my little sandbox. This was one, of many occasions, where my mother was absolutely mortified. They did put a nice railing up later to prevent small children from accidentally falling in the river. Sadly, they didn't name it for me or anything.

My dad did 2 sets of my stitches and 1 butterfly thingie on my chin. (He was a WWII Navy medic and is exceedingly frugal when it comes to cost.) Needless to say, he couldn't catch me on the 3rd round to get me to hold still to do another set. Ended up having to take me to the ER for those. Envision, if you will, a 10 year old running through the neighborhood with blood matted in her hair and streaming down her face screaming, "No Daddy. Don't do it again!" Yeah, that's the scene my mom pulled up to. My Dad actually made the doctor restitch it too when he felt the doctor had done a shoddy job. I can still hear him saying, "You call yourself a doctor? A blind man with a knitting needle could do a better job than that!" (Although, that is the PG version. My Dad is a fluent speaker of Navy. Insert whatever curse words you'd like there. Be sure to be creative.)

As for getting my eyes spayed, that doesn't make any sense. They're eyeballs! Thus they get neutered. Eesh!

But, anyhow, good to read your stories. We can share war wounds! You and Smidgey look like great, fun folks. I can only hope that DBf and I turn out that way.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #1505
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
nebo's idea of camping is a room with no HBO!

Me too! For some reason, camping never interested me.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #1506
McDisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=nebo;21602065]See? Even in my non chapters, I still get picked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraena View Post
I'm new here but I have to post to tell you how much I loved your trip report. It was absolutely hilarious. Even my DBf, who is absolutely sick of hearing about Disney and is threatening to evoke a 2 week ban on all things Disney, was laughing at the stories as I read them. (Mind you, I did give him the Reader's Digest version. Men just don't have that sort of attention span.)I'M SORRY, DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? We were both laughing at the wittiness and antics. He and I are typically a deadly duo when both our wits are on, which seems to occur rather frequently. (Of course, we're also deadly after a mean pot of chili but it's typically not as enjoyable. )

We're going to be in WDW Dec 14-19th. If I happen to see either of you, I'm definitely going to be saying hello. (Don't worry, I'm not a random hugger.)

UH, DOES THAT MEAN YOU'RE A FREQUENT HUGGER?
QUOTE]

WELCOME ABOARD MARAENA, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'LL FIT IN PERFECTLY HERE. BY THE WAY, OUR LAST DAY IS THE 14TH, WHERE ARE YOU STAYING?

HOW DID I KNOW YOU'D LIKE THAT LINE? SO, MONICA TURNS THE PAGE TO 100. BOY, WHERE DID THE TIME GO? IT SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY THAT IT WAS ON 99.

THE ONLY WAY MY DREAM WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IS I WOULD HAVE SEEN I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PANTS ON.

IT FIGURES. 99 PAGES OF INSTRUCTIONAL INFORMATION, BUT I MENTION A POOPY REFERENCE, AND THE FOLKS GO CRAZY.

MY DEAR, YOU'VE WORKED HARD FOR YOUR REPUTATION, SOMETHING TO BE VERY PROUD OF.

WHY THANK YOU. FOR SOME REASON MY MIND WOULD'T GET OFF OIL RIGS.
NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

ACTUALLY, MY LIGHTING PROBLEMS ARE MOSTLY THE RESULT OF SURGERY. THEY COULJN'T MAKE MY PRESCRIPTION ANY STRONGER FOR MY CONTACTS, AND I WAS WAY BEYOUND BEING HELPED BY LASER SURGERY, SO THEY TOOK OUT MY LENSES AND PUT IN IMPLANTS. ONLY THIS WAS 8 YEARS AGO, AND THE IMPLANTS THING WAS FAIRLY NEW. IT BROUGHT ME BACK TO WITHIN 20/40, (I JUST RENEWED MY LICENSE, BARELY), BUT WITHOUT THE REAL LENSES, MY EYES TAKE FOREVER TO REFOCUS FROM NEAR TO FAR, AND LIGHT TO DARK.

AHH, IT'S SO FULFILLING TO KNOW THAT I'VE PERFORMED A USEFULL FUNCTION TO SOCIETY.

THAT ALL SOUNDS JUST FINE TO US. AND NO, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG FOR 85 BUCKS. WE'VE BEEN BUYING THAT SAME TICKET FOR JUST 3 DAYS WHEN WE STAY THERE. NOW YOU'RE MAKING ME WISH WE WERE STAYING THERE AS WELL, I LOVE THE MUMMY RIDE.

okay shout outs, we get it, now turn the hearing aid back on and turn the caps lock off.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #1507
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHONDALEE View Post
[

I didn't know that they had a name!!!!! Now at least I know what it is I'm not reading

Rhonda
Rhonda, I don't think I'm going to call them call outs or shout outs anymore. I'll just refer to them as "heckler hits."

Quote:

Thanks for your concern See, I do read call-outs!

Colleen, glad you got the tour part straightened out, I do not have connections to that anyway.

Thanks to lovebuzzandwoody for answering the Rig question. Some are so big they need pull-through sites because the are too big to back up (or at least not without major stress). Personally, driving one of those things would be a nightmare to me.

Hmm, I see Marita COLOR="Lime"]rita has found the colorpalette. geesh, this was more trouble than it was worth. [/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post

Nebo, I will be sure to ride the Mummy ride once, or twice, just for you~

Fine. Hope the ceiling lights your hair on fire.

[QUOTE=Maraena;21603390]
Quote:
See? Even in my non chapters, I still get picked on.

Actually, I'm not much of a hugger at all, at least with adults. It's a personal space thing. My space, your space, empty space. Mission Space

We're staying at the Pop. Actually won't be getting in until 10 AM on the 14th so we may just miss you, if you're one of those early riser types. (Really didn't have much choice since my DBf has a final on the 13th. Trust me, I would've been there sooner!) Thanks for the welcome too!

Heh, a baby bar and stitches at 2, huh? That was the year I fell in the Arkansas River. (Well, I was 2. I'd guess you were in your mid 20's.) I even got airlifted off a sandbar that I managed to swim over to. Needless to say, the people on shore were far more upset than I was. I was happily making sand castles. I did remember to scream, "Stranger danger!" at the top of my lungs when the guy finally dropped down to get me off my little sandbox. This was one, of many occasions, where my mother was absolutely mortified. They did put a nice railing up later to prevent small children from accidentally falling in the river. Sadly, they didn't name it for me or anything. sorry to hear that Maraila

My dad did 2 sets of my stitches and 1 butterfly thingie on my chin. (He was a WWII Navy medic and is exceedingly frugal when it comes to cost.) Needless to say, he couldn't catch me on the 3rd round to get me to hold still to do another set. Ended up having to take me to the ER for those. Envision, if you will, a 10 year old running through the neighborhood with blood matted in her hair and streaming down her face screaming, "No Daddy. Don't do it again!" Yeah, that's the scene my mom pulled up to. My Dad actually made the doctor restitch it too when he felt the doctor had done a shoddy job. I can still hear him saying, "You call yourself a doctor? A blind man with a knitting needle could do a better job than that!" (Although, that is the PG version. My Dad is a fluent speaker of Navy. Insert whatever curse words you'd like there. Be sure to be creative.)

As for getting my eyes spayed, that doesn't make any sense. They're eyeballs! Thus they get neutered. Eesh! How could I have been such a fool?

But, anyhow, good to read your stories. We can share war wounds! You and Smidgey look like great, fun folks. I can only hope that DBf and I turn out that way.
Thanks for the story, and if you both love Disney, you're off to a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Me too! For some reason, camping never interested me.
Good, I'm not alone. As much as they love me, I HATE mosquitos.

[QUOTE=McDisney;21604763]
Quote:
See? Even in my non chapters, I still get picked on.

okay shout outs, we get it, now turn the hearing aid back on and turn the caps lock off.
You know, it took me awhile to get it while reading your post until I got to the bottom. Kind of like when you put a treat in front of a kitten's nose, and you have to take your finger and lead from it's nose right to the,,,,,,,,

And do you have any idea how hard it was to do that? My finger kept running over to the shift key, I spent more time backspacing.

Ok, gang. new chapter tomorrow. Honest.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #1508
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Disney is my Therapy~

Quote:
Fine. Hope the ceiling lights your hair on fire.

That wouldn't work

cause then I'd look like you!

Old 11-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #1509
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Hmm, I see Marita COLOR="Lime"]rita has has found the colorpalette. geesh, this was more trouble than it was worth. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=blue][COLOR=#003366]

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 11-03-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #1510
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Disney is my Therapy~

Quote:
Ok, it's tomorrow...where's the update

Good Morning all....

I gotta question for you...if my friend Rose goes to CHicago what's the main thing you'd recommend she do or try there? I know the city is infamous for the food, any specific restaurants or tourist stops I should relay to her~

Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #1511
jluvsdis
Earning My Ears

"Ah, the prodigal daughter has returned. Nice to see you again Jill. Let's see, last I remember from you, you were planning a fake trip, and then surprising your DH right before the "real" trip. And he loved it. Even though you never go back to me about how the escape went form Fantasmic! ? Remember? I wanted a body count! oh yes, I remember more and more now, Then you said you were going to Borneo, "don't worry about me", "I'll be in touch." And you never called.

But that's ok, I'm over it now. (am I sounding like an idiot, yet?)

Ahem, yes Jill, we'll be there when you are, HOWEVER, besides the fact we'd love to meet you, you said you're going to be at ASM. Ok, who wants to slap her first? Is that Movies? Or Music? We shall be residing in the ASMu section. really, nice to see you back.

Boy, I sure told her off, huh?"

Man Nebo, you told me. I guess that's what I get for being a lurker. I can't even quote the neat way.

We will be at the ASMu from Dec. 8-14th, and yes, I would still love to hook-up if possible. If not I know there are two places I can hunt you down at. One, the smoking section, where I'll be as well. And two, at the pool. I'll just look for the bald guy reading his newspaper, most likely upside down, for reasons we all know.

Feel free though to PM me if you do want to try to meet, it would be fun.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #1512
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's tomorrow, just sayin

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #1513
Goofyfan1
Every man has to believe in something....... I believe I'll have another beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
nebo's idea of camping is a room with no HBO!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #1514
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Heckler Hits

Alrighty, a few last sneaky posters, than I'm all work here.

Quote:

That wouldn't work

cause then I'd look like you!

Colleen, aside from your snide baldy joke, I have to admit, those are some great smilies.

Quote:
Hmm, I see Marita COLOR="Lime"]rita has has found the colorpalette. geesh, this was more trouble than it was worth. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=blue][COLOR=#003366]
????? I wish you came with subtitles sometimes.

Quote:
Ok, it's tomorrow...where's the update

Good Morning all....

I gotta question for you...if my friend Rose goes to CHicago what's the main thing you'd recommend she do or try there? I know the city is infamous for the food, any specific restaurants or tourist stops I should relay to her~
I do have an opinion on something here for Rose. If she's into pizza, there is none better in the world, than Lou Malnotti's. Deep dish, ask for the butter crust. For once there will not be any crust left on your plate!
There are a few of them around NW Chicagoland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluvsdis View Post
"Ah, the prodigal daughter has returned. Nice to see you again Jill. Let's see, last I remember from you, you were planning a fake trip, and then surprising your DH right before the "real" trip. And he loved it. Even though you never go back to me about how the escape went form Fantasmic! ? Remember? I wanted a body count! oh yes, I remember more and more now, Then you said you were going to Borneo, "don't worry about me", "I'll be in touch." And you never called.

But that's ok, I'm over it now. (am I sounding like an idiot, yet?)

Ahem, yes Jill, we'll be there when you are, HOWEVER, besides the fact we'd love to meet you, you said you're going to be at ASM. Ok, who wants to slap her first? Is that Movies? Or Music? We shall be residing in the ASMu section. really, nice to see you back.

Boy, I sure told her off, huh?"

Man Nebo, you told me. I guess that's what I get for being a lurker. I can't even quote the neat way.

We will be at the ASMu from Dec. 8-14th, and yes, I would still love to hook-up if possible. If not I know there are two places I can hunt you down at. One, the smoking section, where I'll be as well. And two, at the pool. I'll just look for the bald guy reading his newspaper, most likely upside down, for reasons we all know.

Feel free though to PM me if you do want to try to meet, it would be fun.
What is this, National Baldy Guy Pick On Day? Jill, if you're like us, you've got a day by day itinerary, so I'll pm you with ours if you show me yours. But since there are only 3 smoking areas at the whole resort, I got a feeling we could be seeing a lot of each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
It's tomorrow, just sayin

I'm writing, I'm writing! Geesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyfan1 View Post
Every time we go "camping" the first thing I have to do is fill the ice bucket from the ice machine. To me, that's roughing it.

K, chapter 40 ont the way
Old 11-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #1515
Maraena
Mouseketeer

Gah, durnnit! Here I thought there was a new story! I was so hoping to have a respite from the papers I'm working on and the presentations that are about to give me a fit.

C'mon, Nebo. Cut me some slack. I need a reason to goof off!

Pick em up and put em down, man! Smidgey, get em! Break out whatever you need to that'll get him writing. Boy, they really do need a smiley with a whip here. I'll have to go looking.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: