DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Anyone stayed in a std view Kidani GV?

We have one of the two std view Kidani GVs booked for our late October trip and I was hoping to hear from anyone who has stayed in one of them previously, just to get a sense for the balcony view, etc. I'd also love to hear from anyone who's stayed in any of the Kidani GVs - what you liked about them, didn't like, and whatever else comes to mind.

Thanks!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
We have one of the two std view Kidani GVs booked for our late October trip and I was hoping to hear from anyone who has stayed in one of them previously, just to get a sense for the balcony view, etc. I'd also love to hear from anyone who's stayed in any of the Kidani GVs - what you liked about them, didn't like, and whatever else comes to mind.

Thanks!
I have not stayed in the two standards but was informed by MS management that they are two GVs right at the end of the north wing (wing that is furthest from Jambo and which Pembe savanna is on). You apparently can see the gate from which the animals come into and depart from the savannas but the problem, as told to me by MS management, was that, except for when they are herded in or out, animals tend not to go to that area. The rooms are also the furthest from the lobby and amenities near the lobby such as restaurant, busses, community hall, store, and the distance from room to lobby is 1/3 mile (which makes the walking distance from room to Jambo about 5/6 mile).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
LisaS
DIS Veteran

As is often typical of DVC where different members are told different things, I was told by an AKV front desk staff CM that one of the Standard View GVs is one of the two GVs that face the Pembe Savanna, located in the area where Pembe is only about 50 feet deep. Behind that narrow strip of savanna is a road and beyond the road is a hill so there is not much of a view of anything but a hillside at that location.

I hope we get some actual trip reports soon!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I hope we get some actual trip reports soon!
I'll be happy to post a report and some photos after our stay. Only about a month away now!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: