DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
mhmcduff
mcminnie
 
mhmcduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 624

Best standard one bed at BWV

Checking in Sept 28th and have only ever booked a garden pool view so M worried we will be looking at parking lot is there any good view standard one bedrooms and what are their numbers? Thanks
__________________
DM DH DS 10 DS 7
mhmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,393

The odds of that room being available during your scheduled stay there are slim to none. Plus room numbers are not a criteria for the computerized room assignment system so a room number request will be processed after all other requests.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey'sApprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 4,505

IF you are looking for a standard one bedroom at BWV, you absolutely want a room ending in 123, i.e., X123.

Here is the youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzclS...eature=related

As you can imagine, there are only 1 of these rooms on each floor, so if you are making a request - you may not get it. This room is at the very end of the hallway.

Basically, there is a trade-off on the standard views at BWV. If you are close to the elevator...the view isn't spectacular. If you are far from the elevator, the view is pretty good...but you are far from the elevator.

Its probably better to be high than low.
__________________
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL
 
n2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 17,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
IF you are looking for a standard one bedroom at BWV, you absolutely want a room ending in 123, i.e., X123.

Here is the youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzclS...eature=related

As you can imagine, there are only 1 of these rooms on each floor, so if you are making a request - you may not get it. This room is at the very end of the hallway.

Basically, there is a trade-off on the standard views at BWV. If you are close to the elevator...the view isn't spectacular. If you are far from the elevator, the view is pretty good...but you are far from the elevator.

Its probably better to be high than low.
I've requested this view for every 1 bedroom reservation I've ever had there, but have never gotten it. Again I requested it for next month, so will see if my record remains.

I agree, standard rooms are cheaper for a reason....a less desirable view. My last standard room (May 2011) I was on the ground floor with 6 foot shrubs blocking us from any view. All we could see was the shrubs....I got to hear ducks on the pond....well I think they were ducks. I guess it comes down to saving points or a decent view. I would rather save points for a longer stay, so I'm OK with the not great views. I think the worse area of the standard view location is close to the elevators which means you're close to the front entrance and where the trucks load the luggage....that beeping would drive me crazy. I was assigned a room there once and when I realized where it was I backed out of the room without touching a thing and begged for another room. Luckily I got it. Now I will request as far away from the elevator as possible.
__________________
2014 TRIPS
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV
Nov. 9-16 on the Disney Magic 7 night Cruise

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
BLLB


Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 496

We have had a standard view several times and we don't think they are that bad. The last 1BR we stayed in faced the little pond (when you enter the resort the bridge goes over the pond). We thought it was a nice view and quiet.
__________________


BLLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
BlackRock
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 115

Best Standard one bed

The only view is the pool.

Blackrock
BlackRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,176

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRock View Post
The only view is the pool.

Blackrock
Standard view at BWV on DVC points doesn't face the pool. That would be the preferred pool/garden view which is more points. If you book on cash thru CRO that room would be in the pool/garden view category even though CRO calls it standard view.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran
 
mousefan1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,130

We were in 3123 for 10 nights last Christmas. If you can get this room, you'll hit the jackpot!
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL
 
n2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 17,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
We were in 3123 for 10 nights last Christmas. If you can get this room, you'll hit the jackpot!
A girl can only dream. I've asked for this room so many times I've stop dreaming of it. Again in one month I'll have my fingers crossed. I've called MS and they put in my request for 2123, 3123, 4123. The last time I asked at checkin in, "did I get the room that ends in #123, the CM said, No, but you got the room next to it". So close, but somehow not the same thing! Oh well.
__________________
2014 TRIPS
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV
Nov. 9-16 on the Disney Magic 7 night Cruise

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
mhmcduff
mcminnie
 
mhmcduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 624

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
A girl can only dream. I've asked for this room so many times I've stop dreaming of it. Again in one month I'll have my fingers crossed. I've called MS and they put in my request for 2123, 3123, 4123. The last time I asked at checkin in, "did I get the room that ends in #123, the CM said, No, but you got the room next to it". So close, but somehow not the same thing! Oh well.
Thanks everyone -- so so helpful!! Question-- is there a 1123 and a 5123??
__________________
DM DH DS 10 DS 7
mhmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,593

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmcduff View Post
Thanks everyone -- so so helpful!! Question-- is there a 1123 and a 5123??
Because there is an exit on the first floor in that spot, 1123 I believe is a studio. There are only 4 floors in that section, so no 5123.

__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
DisneyaholicRaquel
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyaholicRaquel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 960

Good luck with a room requests....I have been a member for 8 years and have never received my request. It was really bad this July....I requested high floor away from elevator...we ended up with ground floor 3 doors down from the elevator! For my next reservation in December I didn't even bother....
__________________
DisneyaholicRaquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL
 
n2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 17,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyaholicRaquel View Post
Good luck with a room requests....I have been a member for 8 years and have never received my request. It was really bad this July....I requested high floor away from elevator...we ended up with ground floor 3 doors down from the elevator! For my next reservation in December I didn't even bother....
I knew we had something in common. Add me to your list of never getting requests, esp. at BWV. I think DebbieB also share this ailment with us!!!

I swear at the BWV they have a field day with request and try to give some of us the complete opposite of what we request. My favorite request at BWV has to be the time I requested to be near my DD and grand children. They were given a room near the exit towards the tennis court (closest to the Studios) and we were given a room near the dumpsters, with the door going out towards jellyrolls......you could not have been any further away than these 2 rooms -- but both rooms were ground floor, so watch what order you make your requests.

Just for laughs today I was going to call and make a request on my studio for my arrival on Oct. 15th. We normally like to request tennis court area, the closest to the studios because we try to stay far away from the front entrance.

I do have to say that my favorite location has to be room 1123 when staying in a studio. It is a dedicated studio right near the door.
__________________
2014 TRIPS
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV
Nov. 9-16 on the Disney Magic 7 night Cruise

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
DisneyaholicRaquel
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyaholicRaquel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
I knew we had something in common. Add me to your list of never getting requests, esp. at BWV. I think DebbieB also share this ailment with us!!!

I swear at the BWV they have a field day with request and try to give some of us the complete opposite of what we request. My favorite request at BWV has to be the time I requested to be near my DD and grand children. They were given a room near the exit towards the tennis court (closest to the Studios) and we were given a room near the dumpsters, with the door going out towards jellyrolls......you could not have been any further away than these 2 rooms -- but both rooms were ground floor, so watch what order you make your requests.

Just for laughs today I was going to call and make a request on my studio for my arrival on Oct. 15th. We normally like to request tennis court area, the closest to the studios because we try to stay far away from the front entrance.

I do have to say that my favorite location has to be room 1123 when staying in a studio. It is a dedicated studio right near the door.
I have given up...as long as were there I'm happy!
__________________
DisneyaholicRaquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: South Woodstock, CT
Posts: 5,805

I too have had poor luck with requests at BWV, but one time got the room next to 3123 -- it was a dedicated 1 br with great balcony stretching the length of the living room to bedroom. I can only dream of the x123s!
__________________
Debbie
Many stays on and off site: hotels, condos, tents, pop-up, cabin, pool homes and DVC Trip # 54 - Old Key West in October with Abby!
No trip planned
dgaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.