Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #91
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
I'm here, fashionably late, but all caught up.

DL Mama, I loved those super hero cartoons too, so I guess I am dating my self too.

And those fancy pants, well, are just to fancy for words.
Welcome! Glad you're here!!! I'm so glad everyone likes my fancy pants!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 05-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #92
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Sounds like a great day! I would love to be able to go in early May. But alas, I'm one of those moms that won't pull my kiddos out of school.

Thanks Steph for letting us know the pic was labeled.

Where's the Columbia Harbour House? I wrote on my folder to eat a tuna sandwich there but will have to look up the location. Do they have shrimps?
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #93
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I loved your wake up call story Heather! First morning DGD Hung up on Mickey Cuz she said nothing and so .. No voice!! When she found out she was not happy!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #94
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your day started off well.........lots of great rides! By the way, I love the fancy pants!
Old 05-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #95
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Sounds like a great day! I would love to be able to go in early May. But alas, I'm one of those moms that won't pull my kiddos out of school.

Thanks Steph for letting us know the pic was labeled.

Where's the Columbia Harbour House? I wrote on my folder to eat a tuna sandwich there but will have to look up the location. Do they have shrimps?
School here is done earlier than some places so everyone here was out of school, but I know they were still in school in Florida still.

Columbia Harbour House is right across from the Haunted Mansion. Cross under that bridge from Fantasy Land and it's the first thing on your left. No shrimps though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I loved your wake up call story Heather! First morning DGD Hung up on Mickey Cuz she said nothing and so .. No voice!! When she found out she was not happy!!
Your DGD sounds like me! Just wait, there's more stories to go along with the wake up calls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Sounds like your day started off well.........lots of great rides! By the way, I love the fancy pants!
Welcome!!! Thanks!!! It's like a Fancy Pants central here!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-27-2007, 12:04 AM   #96
WDWHeather

Day 1 Ct'd

Well, while I'm sitting here bedridden with back pain, I don't see any other way to spend it but to update my trip report! Yay! My bananas are actually dancing!

Moving on....

I'm not going to lie. The night we arrived, Wednesday night, Ladle and I did not get very much sleep. Jet lag didn't set in that night and the time change was our enemy. Let me tell you when jet lag did set in though... As soon as we got back to our room on Thursday and decided we'd lay down "just for a few minutes." Those are dangerous words, my friends, very dangerous.

So...

A couple ::ahem:: hours later... Ladle and I decide to take showers because we felt gross from walking around all morning. We had ADRs at Alfredo's for 7:00pm that evening and if we hadn't slept so long, we could have gotten to Epcot early, gotten some Fast Passes and made it an efficient evening, but... We decided it was okay because that extra sleep would make us much happier people later on.

Everyone got ready and we headed to Epcot, arriving around 6:30pm. All the Fast Passes for Soarin' were, of course, already distributed. We went over to Test Track and found there were FPs available for 8:00-9:00pm, so basically the last hour the park was going to be open. That was perfect for us. Eat some food and catch a last ride of Test Track. Sounds like a good plan, right?

Here are some pictures of Italy. I'm not sure why they're so weird, but I think I was too tired or something... Anyway, here they are nonetheless.

So we head over to Italy for one final meal at Alfredo's as it will be closing August 31st. This is very strategic planning as Alfredo's is a very filling meal. It seems as times goes by on our trip, we get more and more full and want to eat less and less. We would not want to waste Alfredo's on one of our last days when we're sick of rich and filling food. That is why Alfredo's was our Day 1 pick. (In case any of you are interested, we were not on the dining plan. Usually it doesn't work for us as we like more than one table service some days and definitely at least one table service everyday, but this trip it just might have. Oh well, maybe another time.)

I think our dinner at Alfredo's was a little feast in itself. Of course, it began with some very tasty bread rolls dipped in olive oil which was speckled with pepper for taste. Garco and Sally Shine split a tomato and mozzarella salad which I heard was quite tasty. They each got an appetizer portion of fettuccine alfredo while Ladle and I split an entree portion of the fettuccine alfredo.

Man that pasta is good! Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth...

I have never had fettuccine alfredo so tasty except at Alfredo's. If you haven't been, I would recommend it before it closes, if for no other reason than to have you try to the pasta they are known for. Now, what would a visit to an Italian restaurant be without a cannoli? Of course, to get dessert at Alfredo's means planning your meal very carefully. For me, it also meant not finishing all my pasta which was hard I must say. Now, I implore you, what would a cannoli be without a cafe latte? Well, it would still be good, but doesn't that just sound perfect... I'll have a cafe latte and a cannoli.

I actually only recently became familiar with these amazing desserts. It's like a fried outside with a cream inside, sometimes with chocolate chips. Mmm...

Well, here's where one of those "tense" moments I talked about happened. Conversation got a little heated at the table and let's just say we did not all go back to the hotel together. That also meant that our TT FPs went to waste. So.... good food, tense moments, silent ride back. That just about sums up that evening... But never fear, with the rising sun comes a renewed spirit.
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #97
Parla

What was that big line of people for?

Hey! Tense moments! We want the whole TR. What was the fight about? It was so bad you wasted good fast passes?

Hope the family harmony gets better from here.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:42 AM   #98
WDWHeather

Quote:
What was that big line of people for?

Hey! Tense moments! We want the whole TR. What was the fight about? It was so bad you wasted good fast passes?

Hope the family harmony gets better from here.
Okay, okay, you caught me. Those Italy pictures are NOT actually from the day we ate at Alfredo's. I'm ashamed... If you look really closely though, you can see Garco with his video camera... I'll tell you all about the line later in the report.

The fight.... Well, let's just say SOMEONE does not have a good grasp of how many text messages they use a month and racked up many dollars over the regular bill. Retract those pointing fingers! It's not me!
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #99
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!
I am in love with my Butthead
I will go sulk now and suck rocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
Okay, okay, you caught me. Those Italy pictures are NOT actually from the day we ate at Alfredo's. I'm ashamed... If you look really closely though, you can see Garco with his video camera... I'll tell you all about the line later in the report.

The fight.... Well, let's just say SOMEONE does not have a good grasp of how many text messages they use a month and racked up many dollars over the regular bill. Retract those pointing fingers! It's not me!
wow.. that was brought up at WDW.. I would leave it alone till I got home..
Trentmom says I am Beavis because my HUSBAND is a Butthead!!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 AM   #100
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS_chick_2005 View Post
wow.. that was brought up at WDW.. I would leave it alone till I got home..
Yes... That would be the logical thing to do wouldn't it? However, when one texts at the dinner table, it does jaunt one's memory of such giant overages...
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 AM   #101
Parla

Now I can't wait to hear about the line! I see Garco now pointing his video camera right at ya. Oh no, text messaging can be expensive. I have the unlimited to other Verizon customers but I know they sell the unlimited to everyone now. That's a good deal if you text message a lot. I plan on switching to Cingular though and hope they will offer the unlimited to anyone before we switch.

One of the moms from preschool was telling me how Verizon didn't set their account up right (they did the same to ours but we didn't use much texting the first month so it wasn't a huge thing) and her DH didn't have the $5 unlimited to other Verizon Customers but her line did. He racked up $65 that month in texting and Verizon refused to fix it. One of the reasons on my list of reasons to switch to AT&T.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:48 AM   #102
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!

Quote:
Yes... That would be the logical thing to do wouldn't it? However, when one texts at the dinner table, it does jaunt one's memory of such giant overages...
thats true.. but man.. at the dinner table.. at least wait til your in the hotel!

look at me sittin here gettin all up in your biz-ness!!

you may proceed as normal!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 AM   #103
Parla

Quote:
Yes, if I were one to commit such overages I don't think I would proceed in the wrong doing in front of the parental units.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:50 AM   #104
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS_chick_2005 View Post
thats true.. but man.. at the dinner table.. at least wait til your in the hotel!

look at me sittin here gettin all up in your biz-ness!!

you may proceed as normal!
Oh don't worry about it. I don't mind at all. It's interesting to hear what other's think. And, just so you know, if it had been up to me, it wouldn't have been discussed at all, but, it had nothing to do with me, so it was out of my hands.
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #105
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!

Quote:
Yes, if I were one to commit such overages I don't think I would proceed in the wrong doing in front of the parental units.
when I would go over and my parents were paying I made sure they didnt even see my phone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: