Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #76
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Glad I could add to your enjoyment of your fancy pants.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #77
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hey there, loving your report so far. Your airport story really stressed me out. My family knows not to mess with me when it comes to travel plans. I always need to be at the airport really early and I always make sure that connecting flights have at least an hour and a half between them. I am super paranoid.

Your fancy pants look really cute. I can see why they are so popular!

Can't wait to hear more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #78
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Glad I could add to your enjoyment of your fancy pants.
You sure did add to my enjoyment. I'm pretty excited about those Smarty Pants Fancy Pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Hey there, loving your report so far. Your airport story really stressed me out. My family knows not to mess with me when it comes to travel plans. I always need to be at the airport really early and I always make sure that connecting flights have at least an hour and a half between them. I am super paranoid.

Your fancy pants look really cute. I can see why they are so popular!

Can't wait to hear more.
That doesn't sound paranoid to me. It sounds pretty normal. I just know my family is not normal.
Thanks! I love my fancy pants!!
Glad you're joining me!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 05-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #79
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!
I am in love with my Butthead
I will go sulk now and suck rocks...

Hey Heather!!

just found your TR and I am catching up now!!

loving it so far!!

so BTW are you the one on the left or the right in the pic of you and your sister?? just kidding!!
Trentmom says I am Beavis because my HUSBAND is a Butthead!!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #80
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!

ok all caught up!!!

"paitently" waiting for more..

Old 05-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #81
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I think I just dated myself. The Wonder Twins were part of Super Friends cartoons. Superman, Wonder Woman, Aqua Man, & Wonder Twins they worked together against the Legion of Doom. The Wonder Twins were very cool as they would touch rings and take the form of any matter, shape, etc. Very cool!
My bad, the phrase was "Wonder Twim powers activate!"
I remember those two, too.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #82
WDWHeather

Finally... Day 1

RING RING....RING RING...
That is how our morning began. Now, who would you expect is closer to the phone to answer the wake-up call- Ladle or myself? Ladle. And who do you think answered the wake-up call? I did, of course. Well, in my tired stupor, I didn't realize you have to say something for the automated message to actually play. So I picked up the receiver and sat there... I turn to Ladle and say, "Hey, Mickey's not talking to me!" Then it dawns on me "Hello," I said. And who do I hear on the other end? Not Mickey Mouse... oh no.. I hear Stitch. "No more sleepy," says Stitch. Ew.... Then Mickey saved the day, thank goodness. Stitch is NOT my idea of a friendly wake-up caller... But that's just me.

So we drag ourselves out of bed. It is very early, I think 5:45 am. That means it's 3:45 am in New Mexico. Are we crazy? In a word- yes. Well, since we had showered the night before, all we had to do was get dressed and grease ourselves up with protective tanning oil. (We are very white and it would be very nice to come back with some color.) This was a very difficult task because we were so tired, but somehow we did that and managed to get down to breakfast around 6:30am. Also, today was fancy pants day! Please take the time to review the picture of fancy pants!

The hot breakfast options at the POP food court do not open until 7 a.m, although sometimes they do push that so you can get some hot things around 6:45 am. Anyway, I had some cereal with banana and, of course, some of that great Nescafe coffee. The rest of the family dined on croissants, bagels, fruit and toast. After eating, and a quick stop back at the room to drop off our POP mugs and gather our stuff for the day, we were at the bus stop around 7:30am. Of course, we weren't the only ones there and I think we ended up on the second bus that passed by while we were waiting. Not bad!

What more perfect way to start your Disney vacation than having Magic Kingdom open early on your first day? Something about the smell on Main Street USA, the old-timey music and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time on a trip just really makes you feel good.

So we weren't there for rope drop, but we were certainly there early enough to enjoy the minimal crowds. We walked right over to Space Mountain, got a fast pass and Ladle, Sally Shine and I got in line. We pretty much just walked on the ride. It was great and we were sitting in the back which makes for an even better ride.

We got off Space Mountain and Garco joined us for a little shoot 'em up on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger spin. He got the high score, as usual, but we still had fun. From there, we headed over to Peter Pan's Flight. We know how busy that one can get so we didn't mind waiting in about a ten minute line. Something about mine and Ladle's ship made it very bumpy at the end when it reattached to the lower track. We almost flew right out of the ship!

We walked over to Haunted Mansion and walked right into the staging room. So far we were off to a great start! Big Thunder Mountain Railroad had a long line and that line is one of the worst to wait in. Its so hot and winding... So we went around to the new Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Now, let me just say that I loved the new ride. Great use of the movie soundtrack and the new characters. Plus, they didn't take out the charm from the old ride and you will not be without plenty of Yo-ho's.

We walked through Adventureland hoping to get a Dole Whip, but they weren't open yet. At this time, it our Fast Pass time was upon us so we went back to Space Mountain and rode again. Feeling whimsical, we got off and rode Carousel of Progress.... along with the other four people who rode with us... After our trip down memory lane, we went to Mickey's Philharmagic with only a wait as long as the show in front of us. I still love how everyone says, "aw..." when Tinkerbell appears and you can't beat the smell of apple pie. Yum! From there we rode It's a Small World just for kicks.

By then we were getting pretty hungry. Ladle, Sally Shine and I got Fast Passes for BTMR and met Garco back at Columbia Harbour House. They used to have soup in a bread bowl there, but no longer. I had heard praises of their tuna sandwich here on the boards so I decided to give that a try. I opted for the half sandwich/cup of soup option with the tuna sandwich and clam chowder. Sally Shine got the same, Garco had the whole tuna sandwich and Ladle had chicken strips because she doesn't like fish at all. Everyone loved the tuna! We never would have gotten before if it hadn't been for me reading about it here. It definitely was tasty and the clam chowder was also quite good. Ladle didn't say much about her chicken strips, but... what can you say about chicken strips really?

Apparently, we lucked out on the Fast Pass deal and our time wasn't that much later than when we got them. We were able to go right from lunch over to BTMR and ride. We went around the corner and waved at Garco while we rode and later found out that wasn't Garco at all. Hmmm... Well, someone has a nice video of us waving at them. We were pretty much spent at this point. It was starting to get hot and more crowded so we decided to go back to the hotel for a little R and R. Very successful first morning if I do say so myself.
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #83
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS_chick_2005 View Post
Hey Heather!!

just found your TR and I am catching up now!!

loving it so far!!

so BTW are you the one on the left or the right in the pic of you and your sister?? just kidding!!
Yay! Welcome! Yeah did you like my diagram? I saved all the confusion with a little labeling!

Quote:
ok all caught up!!!

"paitently" waiting for more..

You want more? You got more, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
I remember those two, too.
Yes! Twin power!
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #84
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
Yay! Welcome! Yeah did you like my diagram? I saved all the confusion with a little labeling!

You want more? You got more, baby!

Yes! Twin power!
I loved the diagram but it did have me wondering if you were a little tired or something and mis labeled yourself you definatly look like the younger one but that can work for you!

I would definatly want to look younger rather than older!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #85
WDWHeather

Quote:
I loved the diagram but it did have me wondering if you were a little tired or something and mis labeled yourself you definatly look like the younger one but that can work for you!

I would definatly want to look younger rather than older!
I did label it kind of late last night... better go check...
Nope, that's me.
Oh, I'm glad to look young!
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #86
FHS_chick_2005
Too busy to even think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
I did label it kind of late last night... better go check...
Nope, that's me.
Oh, I'm glad to look young!

Old 05-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #87
meeskamouska
Doesn't go with jelly
Don't you put on your Depends before DISing....that the way I roll!!!

Sounds like a great start to your vacay!!!! Can't believe how many rides you just walked on to...guess next trip needs to be a little earier in the spring!!

Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths. ~Lois Wyse
Old 05-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #88
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeskamouska View Post
Sounds like a great start to your vacay!!!! Can't believe how many rides you just walked on to...guess next trip needs to be a little earier in the spring!!
That's why we like going in May so much. You guys are uber planners though, you'll be fine too!!!!
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #89
WDWHeather

Shout-Out

I need to give a wave to my best friend, who I call Meat, who's lurking out there somewhere.
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #90
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

I'm here, fashionably late, but all caught up.

DL Mama, I loved those super hero cartoons too, so I guess I am dating my self too.

And those fancy pants, well, are just to fancy for words.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: