Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2007, 09:04 AM   #541
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Hey! Heather's back!! We had to send out an internet search team lookin' for ya! (There's no place to run!)

And spiders are our friends....they eat the nasty bugs.......repeat 3 times........
Do they eat cockroaches?
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #542
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

I know I'm late to the party, but I just found your report and I'm all caught up. Love it!
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #543
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankybeth View Post
I know I'm late to the party, but I just found your report and I'm all caught up. Love it!
Welcome and thanks!!!!! I'm gonna try to knock this report out pretty quickly since it's been hanging around so long, but I'm SOOOOO glad you're here!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
Old 09-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #544
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
Do they eat cockroaches?
Yes, sweetie....they will eat all the sceery roachies!

Hey Heather--noticed you've stayed at CBR. Any advice and/or opinions???

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 09-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #545
WDWHeather

Swashbuckling and Other Pirate Tomfoolery!

Yes, we had other plans... Piratey plans!

We were on our way to DTD for our obligatory, and included in our package, trip to DisneyQuest!

I'm going to be completely honest here. We have been several times to DQ and after so many years, there is only one attraction that we are willing to stand in the always long lines for. That little attraction, my friends, is none other than: Pirates of the Caribbean- The Battle for Buccaneer Gold!

But first... a little aside:

Now, I'm not sure if I have shared the story of why Ladle and I despise Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster in DQ. I know I shared it somewhere on the boards, but I can't recall if it was here... so... If you've heard it or not, you're hearing it.. Right here... Right now.

So if you're familiar with this Buzz Lightyear attraction, you know that you get into this car type thing and one person is the driver and one is the shooter. The one who shoots also has to load the cannon with the balls that get sucked up into your car when the driver drives over them. You shoot the balls at the other cars and when there is a direct hit, their car spins and spins and spins for a moment in time.

So some years ago, we decide to give this attraction a try. Ladle and I get in a car and sit and wait and wait. We're sitting and look around and see all the balls on the ground. Well, there happens to be one right by the door to my side. I hope out, grab the ball and hand it to Ladle who loads it in the cannon. One of the workers comes over to us, opens the door and says, "Yeah, we saw that... And you guys are going to pay!"

Does that sound very Disney-like to you???!!! Not to me either...

So we're pretty freaked out. We don't know what the heck is going on!

So the event starts. Our car starts spinning and spinning and spinning.... and spinning... It won't stop! Everyone is laughing at us and hitting us with their balls so there is no chance it will EVER stop spinning.

We got off that ride, not only incredibly dizzy, but angry and totally humiliated.

Needless to say, we will never, ever, ever go on this ride again.

Okay, back to this trip. We walked over to PofC and there is, of course, a lengthy line. That's okay though, because that is why we were there! We watch the people mostly fail at the Jungle Cruise attraction that is right next door. And then it is our turn. We're handed our Eyes of Blackbeard and we're ready to go!

Garco always acts as captain, steering the boat, while Sally, Ladle and myself run from side to side and from cannon to cannon shooting the boats to get the gold. Well, after avoiding the sea serpent and defeating the skeleton, we ended up with enough points to be Kings of the Caribbean.

By this time, we were HUNGRY! We had some percentage off of Planet Hollywood, so we headed over there for lunch. Ladle and I split some appetizers which were very tasty. Other than that, I'm not really that impressed with PH, but it's worth going with the discount!

After our lunch, we decided to head back to the room for some rest because we had a wild evening planned ahead!
Team Focker Watch
Old 09-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #546
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Of course today was another early entry day, but did we want to get up that early? AND up that early to go to MGM... again? The answer... NO.

So we decided to head to Animal Kingdom for a fun-filled morning of animal-isk stuff and hopefully avoiding the crowds since everyone was sure to be at MGM. We slept in a bit later, but were at the bus in plenty of time before park opening. We were at the bus... as well as a ton of other people. What the heck was going on here? All you people are supposed to be at MGM!

We got on anyway and went to AK. Have I ever mentioned how much I despise that walk from the bus to the park entrance??? Woo doggy that's a long walk in the hot, humid afternoon!

Anyway, I digress...

We get inside and have already devised a plan. We were going to grab a fast pass to Expedition Everest and meet Garco back at Dinosaur since he's not an EE rider. Well, when we got to EE, the line was short. I mean... short, short. So we told Garco we were going to get a FP and then get on. So we did.

So we got off EE and headed to Dinosaur where Garco was waiting. We rode Dinosaur, got off and got right back on. This is one of our favorites. It's just so fun!

After our trip through time, we walked over to It's Tough To Be A Bug and took this great picture while we waited for the show to begin:

I must say, I like ITTBAB, but those black widows coming down from the ceiling really truly freak me out every time! At least this time I didn't yell out, "NO!!!!!!!!! NOT BLACK WIDOWS!!" Not that I've ever done that before... ::cough cough:: Moving along...

After ITTBAB, it was time for EE. We hopped in the FP line and were through to the ride lickety split. I seriously love this ride! My new favorite for sure!

Our morning at AK was pretty much over at this point. We had other plans. Very exciting, swashbuckling, cannon firing, gold stealing plans!

Love the Update...& welcome Back...was starting to get worried!!!

Quote:
Yes, we had other plans... Piratey plans!

We were on our way to DTD for our obligatory, and included in our package, trip to DisneyQuest!

I'm going to be completely honest here. We have been several times to DQ and after so many years, there is only one attraction that we are willing to stand in the always long lines for. That little attraction, my friends, is none other than: Pirates of the Caribbean- The Battle for Buccaneer Gold!

But first... a little aside:

Now, I'm not sure if I have shared the story of why Ladle and I despise Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster in DQ. I know I shared it somewhere on the boards, but I can't recall if it was here... so... If you've heard it or not, you're hearing it.. Right here... Right now.

So if you're familiar with this Buzz Lightyear attraction, you know that you get into this car type thing and one person is the driver and one is the shooter. The one who shoots also has to load the cannon with the balls that get sucked up into your car when the driver drives over them. You shoot the balls at the other cars and when there is a direct hit, their car spins and spins and spins for a moment in time.

So some years ago, we decide to give this attraction a try. Ladle and I get in a car and sit and wait and wait. We're sitting and look around and see all the balls on the ground. Well, there happens to be one right by the door to my side. I hope out, grab the ball and hand it to Ladle who loads it in the cannon. One of the workers comes over to us, opens the door and says, "Yeah, we saw that... And you guys are going to pay!"

Does that sound very Disney-like to you???!!! Not to me either...

So we're pretty freaked out. We don't know what the heck is going on!

So the event starts. Our car starts spinning and spinning and spinning.... and spinning... It won't stop! Everyone is laughing at us and hitting us with their balls so there is no chance it will EVER stop spinning.

We got off that ride, not only incredibly dizzy, but angry and totally humiliated.

Needless to say, we will never, ever, ever go on this ride again.

Okay, back to this trip. We walked over to PofC and there is, of course, a lengthy line. That's okay though, because that is why we were there! We watch the people mostly fail at the Jungle Cruise attraction that is right next door. And then it is our turn. We're handed our Eyes of Blackbeard and we're ready to go!

Garco always acts as captain, steering the boat, while Sally, Ladle and myself run from side to side and from cannon to cannon shooting the boats to get the gold. Well, after avoiding the sea serpent and defeating the skeleton, we ended up with enough points to be Kings of the Caribbean.

By this time, we were HUNGRY! We had some percentage off of Planet Hollywood, so we headed over there for lunch. Ladle and I split some appetizers which were very tasty. Other than that, I'm not really that impressed with PH, but it's worth going with the discount!

After our lunch, we decided to head back to the room for some rest because we had a wild evening planned ahead!

In all the times we have been to WDW ...Never been to DQ...Sounds Like fun..& Mean CM Mean>>>>>

I will get Him For You!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 09-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #547
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Yes, sweetie....they will eat all the sceery roachies!

Hey Heather--noticed you've stayed at CBR. Any advice and/or opinions???
Two words: LOVE IT! It's one of our favorite places to stay! Very comfortable and colorful rooms, good pools, water activities, great bus system and a great food court!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post

Love the Update...& welcome Back...was starting to get worried!!!

In all the times we have been to WDW ...Never been to DQ...Sounds Like fun..& Mean CM Mean>>>>>

I will get Him For You!!!

Aw, thanks. Just been a tough few weeks!

DQ is great for Pirates and other stuff, but the other stuff is good a couple times and then maybe never again. It depends on how busy it is. I'll have to tell another story about Aladdin, great times!

You should get that mean CM! It was so awful!
Team Focker Watch
Old 09-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #548
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wooohooo you're back we missed you

great updates too, it's much tougher to tell you apart wearing those glasses

I can't believe the CM at DQ that was really cruel
Old 09-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #549
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Wooohooo you're back we missed you

great updates too, it's much tougher to tell you apart wearing those glasses

I can't believe the CM at DQ that was really cruel
But I thought you were the expert!!
Yeah, he was a meanie!
Team Focker Watch
Old 09-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #550
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would let you know I am reading....not caught up yet.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #551
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Another great update Heather!!!

What a mean CM at DQ....It will be my mission to get him for you

I went to DQ years ago, but have not been back yet.

I think in a few years, when DS is a little older, we might try it again... It would be too much of a headache for us, having to chase DS around in a place that big
Old 09-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #552
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Just thought I would let you know I am reading....not caught up yet.
Yay! Welcome! And Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Another great update Heather!!!

What a mean CM at DQ....It will be my mission to get him for you

I went to DQ years ago, but have not been back yet.

I think in a few years, when DS is a little older, we might try it again... It would be too much of a headache for us, having to chase DS around in a place that big
I was just thinking about it, and the other cool thing about DQ is the fact that they have those arcade games that you can play for free. That rocks! But it's by Buzz Lightyear, so you know my feelings on that...
Team Focker Watch
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #553
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Hey Heather...

We leave in the Morning!!!
]
See ya in 2 weeks...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #554
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Hey Heather! I love the Pirate arm Video
Old 09-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #555
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

that is terrible the way the CM was at DQ. I have never been there and really have no desire to go there. I do love DTD though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: