Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #31
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
I am! We are packing lite this trip. Only carry-ons. The only shoes we're taking is the crocs we'll have on our feet and only 4 outfits per person for a 4 night trip. Sound crazy? I'll let you know when we get back.

If we could do ME I would so be overpacking but since we have to deal with all the luggage ourselves I'm keeping it at a bare minimum.
Doesn't sound too crazy. It sounds normal. I think we're the crazy ones! haha. Oh, just wait til I get to the airport to hotel situation. Sheesh!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #32
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Great trip report so far... I can't wait for more...

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #33
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

I don't think you're crazy at all. I pack and repack and pack again. Always take more than I need. Im betting this time though, since we are going in August, shorts and tees will do the trick. NO pants!!!

Love the dog pics-too cute.

More please!

Last edited by pooksma; 05-24-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: fingers working slower than brain
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #34
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
Great trip report so far... I can't wait for more...
Welcome! And thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
I don't think you're crazy at all. I pack and repack and pack again. Always take more than I need. Im beting this time though, since we are going in August, shorts and tees will do the trick. NO pants!!!

Love the dog pics-too cute.

More please!
August, you will not need any pants, I'm sure of that! Sounds like you're right on track!!
Thanks! I love my doggies!
I'll try to get some more up here, but probably not 'til tomorrow.
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #35
meeskamouska
Doesn't go with jelly
Don't you put on your Depends before DISing....that the way I roll!!!

OMG....you and Jennifer!!! Seriously I try to always get all three of us in one bag....a large bag...but one!!! Can't wait to hear more....just without all the stress.

Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths. ~Lois Wyse
Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #36
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great report so far. The worst part of our morning of was parking at the garage the slots wereso small and it's 5 a.m.and 3 tired but excited kids Oh yea Fun!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #37
betsywdw
DIS Veteran
Any old tag

Just found your trippie and it's great! I'm so happy it's not hundreds of posts in yet...that always happens to me! Can't wait for more! BTW...I always get charged for the 50lb suitcase! Never going but coming home! MCO gets me everytime!!!!

Official Stylist of Disland
Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #38
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Hey Heather!!

Great start....

So, in the first pic, are you the one on the left or the right?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #39
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeskamouska View Post
OMG....you and Jennifer!!! Seriously I try to always get all three of us in one bag....a large bag...but one!!! Can't wait to hear more....just without all the stress.
One bag??!! OMG! I couldn't do it! If it makes you feel better, that was the most stressful part of the trip. The rest is fairly smooth sailing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great report so far. The worst part of our morning of was parking at the garage the slots wereso small and it's 5 a.m.and 3 tired but excited kids Oh yea Fun!!
Thanks and welcome, Rosie! Oh man! Parking that early is never good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsywdw View Post
Just found your trippie and it's great! I'm so happy it's not hundreds of posts in yet...that always happens to me! Can't wait for more! BTW...I always get charged for the 50lb suitcase! Never going but coming home! MCO gets me everytime!!!!
Welcome!! Oh man, coming home is always scary! That's when you know you've really invested in Disney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Hey Heather!!

Great start....

So, in the first pic, are you the one on the left or the right?
Hey, Sharky!! I'm the one on the right wearing the Sox hat. I need to label that sucker!
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #40
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather...great start! Can't wait to hear more! BTW...I can relate to the packing situation. My DH just shakes his head about the packing because I'm always right around the 50 lb. limit. You have to be prepared for EVERYTHING, right?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #41
lizzyd
Earning My Ears

Great trip report so far. Can't wait to hear more. Your family sounds like a lot of laughs. Your poor dad...all those women!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #42
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Hi Heather...great start! Can't wait to hear more! BTW...I can relate to the packing situation. My DH just shakes his head about the packing because I'm always right around the 50 lb. limit. You have to be prepared for EVERYTHING, right?
Thanks!! Glad you're here! You do have to be prepared for everything. And what if you get a Mickey Ice Cream Bar on your shirt when it drips, you have to change when you get back to the room, right? There's two shirts in one day, ya know? Well, that's how I justify my disease anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyd View Post
Great trip report so far. Can't wait to hear more. Your family sounds like a lot of laughs. Your poor dad...all those women!!!!
Thanks!!! Did I mention that both my dogs are male? That's how my dad evens out the boys to girls ratio.
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #43
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

OMG we are definately the 3 hours early people (we have to be at least 2 anyway as it's Transatlantic!) I would be totally freaking out leaving it that late
Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #44
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
OMG we are definately the 3 hours early people (we have to be at least 2 anyway as it's Transatlantic!) I would be totally freaking out leaving it that late
Hey, Jo! I guess I should mention that we don't live in a huge city or anything so it takes less time to get there and it's a small airport, but still.... I don't blame you on that one. Even the calmest of us were quite on edge.
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #45
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
Hey, Jo! I guess I should mention that we don't live in a huge city or anything so it takes less time to get there and it's a small airport, but still.... I don't blame you on that one. Even the calmest of us were quite on edge.
Albuquerque isn't big???? to me it's huuuuuuuuuuuge!!!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: